Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:39:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: These new EFFICIENT x11 algos everyone is talking about ?? BULLSHIT or real?  (Read 16233 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:00:35 PM

I have done a lot of power testing and Scrypt consumes exactly the double of power than X11.

Yes scrypt with the current miners we have for other algos consumes twice the electricity, same goes for QRK, and some of the single algos consume even LESS electricity that QRK and X11.

However that is not the point of the discussion. The point is to find out if x11 offers anything new over previous algos or algo chains.

Since it consumes more electricy than some of the other single algos and about the same as qrk then x11 offers nothing ground breaking there.

We are look for new things it offers over all other know algos so we know the best way to go for scrypt coins wishing to.

Others want to know if that 50% untapped power can be tapped into by certain coders or not. As yet nobody really knows for sure.

Yet reading your posts you seem to have made up your mind. You do not leave it for a discussion, you state like it is the truth and look for someone to refute your claims with proof.
Think it is time you either provide some proof or stop spreading FUD until we get some solid facts.

LOL not at all.... every one screams lets go x11 but nobody provides answer of why ?  here have a go yourself. I am asking is x11 marketing bullshit or does it have advantages over what we had....here answer these and let me know i am still very interested Smiley

1. is it more efficient than qrk?
2. is it more secure than qrk?
3. is it more efficient than scrypt? or is the miner just crippled and can't use the full potential of the card?
4. are there more efficient miners already out for x11 that are more optimised?
5. is it more asic resistant that qrk?
6. is it more asic resistant that scyptN , scrypt jane
7. is it x12, x13, x99 going to be better? will we need to fork all of the coins over and over again?

are these question FUD?

sure get discussing.... discuss all you like the pros and cons of x11 and weight them against qrk, scryptn, myriads method, heavycoin

dispell my fud of asking for advantages..... start with QRK tell me all about why we should move to x11 over the QRK algo...  

I don't need to provide anything i am asking a question. If you are telling me asking a question is FUD then that is a strange view to take.

You know what if you want a new thread where i just post these questions

1. is it more efficient than qrk?
2. is it more secure than qrk?
3. is it more efficient than scrypt? or is the miner just crippled and can't use the full potential of the card?
4. are there more efficient miners already out for x11 that are more optimised?
5. is it more asic resistant that qrk?
6. is it more asic resistant that scyptN , scrypt jane
7. is it x12, x13, x99 going to be better? will we need to fork all of the coins over and over again?

just tell me some definite benefits of x11 that are real benefits not maybe beneficial but then again if the miner can be improved shown to not be beneficial at all.

and i don't even reply in the thread.... except if you ask me something directly. I will do it. However i will delete anything that is not directly related to the questions with evidence to back it up?

Would that be fair enough for you?

Come on really NO evidence at all it gives anything above and beyond previous algos??  This is madness, x11 is the new rage,  most communities pushing to jump to it.

Yet no hard evidence at all to suggest is useful above and beyond the chained algo we had??

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:45:20 PM

nice advertisement but you repeated the same old bs we have already heard..
i call bullshit on you because i went and downloaded you miner and tried with a pool and i got between 60 and 83% cpu usage on my haswell i7 4770k cpu.

You are the only one who've ever reported non-100% cpu use with x11 cpu miners.

And instead of listening to my comment that you are bullshitting, you are making a fool of yourself.

Try -t (number of threads) to fill the cpu with job in its threads.

that proved your full of shit.
you can NOT compare your shitty cpu miner hashing mess running at 60% cpu usage with a scrypt miner running at 100% cpu usage.
sorry that is concrete irrefutable crystal clear proof your flat out plain and simple WRONG !

Everyone who has ever mined X11 with cpu, knows you are lying when you say that it doesn't use 100% cpu.

claim no.1 busted.

and then we can dig into the rest of it lol

when one algo is maxing out my cpu and one is not that is a notable point.
further more you are comparing X11 shit to what ? scrypt ?
so what will happen if i make a coin based on the MD5 hashing algo ? ..using 12% cpu usage ? LOL

Continuing the idiocy.

I bet i know more about this stuff than you do so called dev..

Yes, so much that you don't even know how to set threads in your mining client.

i can prove any claim i have ever made easily so no your the one bullshitting..
and your incessant defending of scam coins on every topic shows your motivations.
rather than being a snotty little cunt you could have simply asked me to prove what i said..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:48:23 PM

rather than being a snotty little cunt ...
Dude, please spare us of this kind of language. Make your points without resorting to it.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:49:38 PM

then step up smart ass..
posting a fucking meme picture does not dispel FUD.. facts do, or is that out of your realm of comprehension smart guy ?
go back to defending Doge coin kids.. and remember I told you so Wink
you all were blowing the coin cloner on that one then switched over to Dark coin now lol
like i said you would and i predicted it to the day.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:54:35 PM

Dude, please spare us of this kind of language. Make your points without resorting to it.

That's all he can do. He has no point as anyone can download an x11 cpu miner and confirm on their own that it uses 100% cpu with the proper -t setting (threads)... eg -t 8 for 8 threads, -t 2 for 2. But even if, hypothetically, it took 50% cpu, one would simply load two instances and be at 100%.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:56:59 PM

gimme a break i have had 1000 vile insulting attacks on me in here this last month alone..
many of these guys hunt me and harass and troll me and never even make any effort to stay on topic in the slightest
they think this is a free for all to quote and and attack spoetnik web site.. so gimme a break.
i think i handle things rather well considering the monolithic amount of abuse i am subjected to here 24/7
YOU TRY BEING SUBJECTED TO THAT DAY IN AND DAY OUT !

i also don't swear much but i get picked apart here by rabid vultures with anything i say non stop !
and i have seen a million people swear so if it's such a problem then why is sooo many here doing it besides me ?

maybe you guys should grow up and fuck off and get off my god damn back and quit
quoting me and harrasing the hell out of me ? seriously do i hunt and stalk and harass any of you people ?
grow the hell up. and quit worrying about quoting me and running your damn mouth.. stick to the topic or fuck off .
I don't care what you all think of me i care about what you think about what i said in regards to the topic at hand...

and that guy has been a huge massive mouthy jerk to me a 100 times before on other topics in case you guys didn't notice..
want me to go find them and show you all ? ..he's a mouthy scam defender.

edit:
and i already proved my point AlexGR look at previous pages and quit lying.
want screenshots ?

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:59:47 PM

Quoting stuff to reply to your BS accusations = harassing. Lol?
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:10:01 PM

Quoting stuff to reply to your BS accusations = harassing. Lol?

Don't derail the thread further .... i didn't see you moaning to flipme when he admits to sick fantasies about children. That is sick yet i see no outrage from others.

However, as soon as someone swears or says something taboo on the opposing side of the arguement people get all squeamish..  

Swearing is swearing sickness is sickness. You can't bend the rules for some and not others.

Let's get back to the x11 merits above all other algos.........as yet nothing still.

Really if you don't have any benefits to list at all there is no point saying anything is there? I mean we want to hear some benefits not about your objections to some people swearing and not others.

At times people get mad and swear... sure if you don't like it you don't like it but still can't have separate rules on here.

Anyway we're past this now so just get back to x11 .....the thread is growing pages long and still we await to hear why x11 is marketed as the best algo out there and we should all swap to it.

As yet nothing of note about it comes up.

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:19:10 PM

Let's get back to the x11 merits above all other algos.........as yet nothing still.

Really if you don't have any benefits to list at all there is no point saying anything is there?

When I wrote an entire list, you skipped it, went to end and said "what? better than quark? Ohhh nooooo" and that was the end of it.

So, I'll just post a link this time: http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/X11
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:20:48 PM

Really if you don't have any benefits to list at all there is no point saying anything is there?

When I wrote an entire list, you skipped it, went to end and said "what? better than quark? Ohhh nooooo" and that was the end of it.

He doesn't want to be bothered with facts, they derail his agenda thread.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:23:39 PM

Obvious troll is obvious...
Anthropolis

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Marine Corps, BA & AA Degrees, Hacker, Lover

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 06:28:19 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for asking some of the hard hitting questions we've all been wondering. I didn't read the 11 previous pages of probably mostly troll info, so thank you for also keeping the OP updated with the cliff notes hehe! Good thinking.

Now for what I've found so far in a couple months of throwing every algo at my gpus yet. I'm not doing scientific lab experiments here, just sharing what I've found, but I have been searching after some of these answers myself lately. So, don't take my findings as fact, just my own results so far with inconsistent testing.

I find Scrypt and Scrypt-N to generate the most heat, crashes, noise, and other general issues of unpleasant natures. It would appear to use much more electricity. I do know that this is part of the design of Scrypt, as it was intended to be intensive as an answer to early asic takeover of SHA. I'm about to the point of being sick and tired of the heat, noise, and energy of all things Scrypt.

So far I'm seeing X11 to be at least initially more gentle on the GPU. It would appear to use less electricity, clearly makes less heat, and thus less noisy. (I have sensitive ears so this matters to me, but doesn't matter to some.) I can't comment on it's security. I have better things to do than hack coin chains or wallets. I can say that X11 seems to be much more complicated to get GPU's tuned for, but hey sometimes that's part of the fun! Several friends have reported that finding as well.

As of yet, I am still unsure whether I'm pushing my cards to the limit with X11, and I'm not entirely sure I care enough about any of the X11 coins to find the limits.

As for "asic resistant", well I think we're past that as a community. This is just a myth that the inexperienced "coin devs" came up with. Being on computers for over 30 years, I can tell you there is no such thing. There is no asic for it yet, and that's about it. I or anyone else with enough time or money could make an asic for anything. I could make an asic that orders you a pizza, flushes your toilet, emails your ex'es, and hashes X11, if anyone would like to pay me enough money to design it Wink

One thing I would like to see discussed is actual profit. I do like the car analogy, but these Scrypt-N guys are constantly blowing up their racecars, and chasing coins that aren't really breaking the bank either thus far. For those who really like X11, and I'm not so much into it, we could benefit from seeing 24-hour profit comparisons versus the hotter / more electricity consuming algos.

If you can turn a similar profit at the end of the day with a cooler and more efficient algo, then that is a win for miners. For example, HVC ( Heavy algo ) is cool and quiet on GPU's and it's been almost as profitable for me personally in testing. But that's just one coin in one example and I'm not saying it's repeatable. I'm saying it is something we as a community should think about: efficient and hopefully safe algos that we can all still make money on and use as valid currency.

Just some thoughts, thanks for the brainstorming Smiley

◄█▒░ATOMIC TRADE!░▒█►║◄█▒░CLOUD MINING!░▒█►
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:32:10 PM

Obvious troll is obvious...

incorrect... you said some things of interest which i noted. However at the end you put yourself you could not say if it was superior in anyway over QRK at all.

I am not skipping i want to know simply that it is the best algo for coins to move to right now. If it is not better than QRK then how can it be simply the best one to jump to.

The agenda the agenda.............why keep mentioning this....

I'm going to make it very simple, forget scryptN, forget scrypt jane, myriad and heavy. It gets to confusing for you to compare all at once.

Let's start with the most similar one then move on from there.

Is it better in anyway at all than QRK. No point just saying it has more algos... some say it is causes more collisions, some are saying more algos = more chance of one failing.

I just want a clear cut answer backed by technicals....

Is x11 better than qrk = Yes or NO.

Next we move to other comparisions. Heavy coin, myriad, scyptN etc.

really you know what if someone created a table .... and put the pros and cons of each against each other.... that could end this discussion pretty soon.  I guess there would have to be some agreement on the table but it should not be too hard since then we will be comparing actual figures and facts not opinions and agendas.

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:41:00 PM

I'm done. You erased a legitimate answer in your other thread about "darkcoin / scam" and it's obvious you seek not the truth. Rather you want to portray a single-sided version of dirt aimed at x11, darkcoin etc. So be it - do what you have to.
rumlazy

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:41:56 PM

I'm done. You erased a legitimate answer in your other thread about "darkcoin / scam" and it's obvious you seek not the truth. Rather you want to portray a single-sided version of dirt aimed at x11, darkcoin etc. So be it - do what you have to.

+1

guy has a clear agenda

here's your response if anyone is wondering.

For someone that is going out to uncover the "scam" that DRK is, you've certainly haven't done any of your homework, like reading the first pages of the DRK thread.

The "instamine" issue has been brought up multiple times in the DRK thread - so apparently you haven't read it. Usually all those complaining are butthurt individuals who didn't buy in when cheap - because DRK was extremely cheap on entering exchanges. Your type of complain is different. You simply want to attack DRK and find stuff as you go along.

Anyway, 15 days after launch, DRKs could be bought on ccex for 0.00001 BTC. There was massive dilution of DRKs from miners to buyers from 0.00001 up to 0.002 BTC - and especially a lot that were sold in the 0.00002-0.00018 range.

Did you want any DRK? No you didn't. If you did, and even if missed mining, you could be a bagholder right now of epic proportions for pennies. There are buyers who bought and have >100x profit from miners who didn't really appreciate their mined coins and sold them for nothing. You see people rarely appreciate what they have in abundance. And the miners who were there from the pre-ann, sold bags of them when they found the chance in ccex. Thus a large percentage of the quickly mined coins were diluted from miners wallets and pools to exchanges and buyers / investors.

When something becomes successful, people would like the opportunity to buy before the success was achieved. But since they can't go back in time, they can rationalize their mistake / lost opportunity and say others were at fault. But here there's no excuse: Even if someone did not took part in the "instamine" he only had to go to the exchanges and pick up the "worthless" DRKs for 1/140th of current prices.

It is 100% hypocritical for some to say that they care about unfair distribution when this second opportunity was there for EVERYONE that desired a large piece of the pie by buying extremely cheap (more than 100 times cheaper the current price), at least 15 days later than the launch.

I can say this because this is one of the largest mistakes of my life, in hindsight. I arrived on DRK at late January as I was looking for a cpu coin to put my celeron for work. I saw the specs and immediately it stood out as something innovative, not a shitty clone. I said here we are. I started mining (~25 DRKs per day for the celeron) and as soon as it hit the exchange (early feb) I went to sell my coins. Seeing how cheap they were, I was like WTF... I should buy at these prices, not sell... and yet I didn't. Who's to blame? Me. I could have made >100x if I bought. The opportunity was there and I simply didn't take it. And I was just sitting idle when buyers were sweeping everything for nothing.

When dealing with coin distribution and fairness etc etc and how some people got more and some less etc etc, you can't simply overlook that the first coins were on sale for dirt-cheap prices. It was like 10.000 BTC pizza stories. And we are not saying a day later but half a month AFTER the launch and with people fully realizing that the coin was going to be the first anonymous coin, but without realizing the implications in terms of the market
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:46:02 PM

These algos are just a gimmick, a real currency works without any fancy algo. Btw POS is the future
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:48:03 PM

i erased you becaue you tried to derail.... sorry no derailing aloud.

stop derailing this thread with drk coin if people want to read about that scam....go ahead to the dark coin thread. It is getting very plain to see there.

Cliff notes

I'll break it down for you fellas.

Here are some facts.

1.  The block reward was 500 every couple seconds at launch!  Not 20 or 50 coins every 2.5 minutes as listed.  There was also no windows wallet so only linux users could mine.  This allowed about 1.7-2 million Darkcoins to be instamined in the first 24hours.  Representing about 50% OF ALL DARKCOINS CURRENTLY IN EXISTENCE!!!  All mined in the first 24hours by just a few wallets.  Then the rules were changed increasing the block time to 2.5 minutes and eliminating the 500 block reward, (but only after the instaminers had claimed 2 million or so coins first.)

2.  Today many of those day 1 instamined coins have already been sold and right now approx 24% of all Darkcoins are held in just 10 wallets.  This could be 10 people or it could be simply Evan with 10 different wallets.

3.  My opinion is that it is unfair and unfortunate that this occurred and IMO it represents a very real risk to Darkcoin in that there is an opening for a good dev to make an Identical X11 coin that has all the attributes of Darkcoin, plus a few more features, and have a truly fair and equitable launch.  The instamining will continue to be brought up as it currently represents about a 10% premine given the Dev recently reduced the total coins that will ever be in existence to around 22million!

anyway back to x11 thanks.

rumlazy

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:07:43 PM

stop derailing this thread with drk coin if people want to read about that scam....go ahead to the dark coin thread. It is getting very plain to see there.

His post was certainly on topic, it just didn't fit your agenda of trying to make dark coin look as bad as possible. 
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:19:05 PM

His post was certainly on topic, it just didn't fit your agenda of trying to make dark coin look as bad as possible. 

No his topic tries to justify the instamine with no windows qt, and then changing things around with the params to make it even harder to mine coins than before..lowering blocks reducing total minting....

i don't care what the price of it was?  we are examining the facts regarding if the instamine took place to what possible extent.

The price of it does not alter these facts ... trying to justify and derail simple as that.

Justification is no use. There is no justification for a planned instamine after you make a big deal about no premine.

Discuss the price on your own thread.

Also if you have nothing to add relevant to this x11 thread why are you posting?  more derailing.....

rumlazy

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:20:32 PM

No his topic tries to justify the instamine with no windows qt, and then changing things around with the params to make it even harder to mine coins than before..lowering blocks reducing total minting....

So you'll only allow people to post in that thread if they talk shit about the instamine, but if they say they don't care or it's not a big deal, they're "derailing the thread"  Gotcha.  Clear agenda buddy lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: