Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:56:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Change of Algorithm to SHA-3 , Keccak , Scrypt-Jane N-Modified , X11 with POS
SHA-3 Keccak
Blake256
Scrypt-Jane N-Modified
X11 with POS
X11 without POS
Blake256 with POS

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESURRECTION] Taking Beecoin to the Hive Flying!MANDATORY Client Update!  (Read 24418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hacintosh

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:42:15 AM

also guys keep voting on mintpal if you can .... we need to have a decent exchange ready for when beecoin is off an running well again.

I know a few of you have voiced concerns over the minting rising to 30bn and i kind of agree that it is diluting your holdings a little bit.

However POS is going to be essential for extra security to the chain.... the other option is to just have a very low interest rate on the pos... i kind of agree with this idea.

1. it does not need then lots of incoming buyers to hold the price stable.
2. it does not encourage hoarding
3. people who think high POS attracts investors are wrong these coins go up and down 50% in a day so 20% per year is nothing.

So we can remain at 24 billion with 1-2% inflation per year.

Please make your thoughts known on the subject since it does effect you personally.

Also let's start having some marketing ideas.... come on community i know you guys are waiting for algo changes etc... however let's see here who is seriously got some decent ideas for marketing or generally improving beecoins standing...

1. website.
2. android wallet
3. tip bots.
4..... come on let's have some ideas...

We should already be at 12bn bees. adding 6bn to 24bn is not too much - most of the extra coins will be used to alter block reward scaling, for POS and BLOCK TAX.

We need BLOCK TAX, to fund GAMBLING GAMES, FAUCETS and even bee projects.

I feel that an initial HIGH POS of 20% that runs for 6 months, followed by a reduced POS will attract members.

Everybody wants something for free.

I disagree with you on your idea of POS. HIGH POS will result in hoarding - THIS MEANS THAT MEMBERS WILL PREFER TO HOLD ON TO THEIR COINS, TILL THEY EARN A HANDSOME INTEREST, RATHER THAN SELL THEM FOR PEANUTS.

HOARDING CAUSES SCARCITY, SCARCITY CAUSES PRICE TO SKY ROCKET - this is a good thing.

well the main thing is this... supply and demand... right now we have a ton of supply and no demand.

We need to create demand not supply.  Increasing 6BN is okay but it just creates 6BN more coin you need buyers for, and means each coin everyone has already is worth less. Really increasing 6BN makes peoples coins worth 25% less i guess since that is a quarter of the entire minting.

20% i don't think will attract new buyers... like i say you see a coin goes up 50% in a day will you keep it because you can make 20% in a year.

if they do hoard for the first year this could be worse in a way because no way can we afford to inflate 20% every year beecoins would be worth nothing, and then when the hoarders dump it will crash the market in a bad way.

Also changing the block scaling is only essential if we don;t add pos... if we are adding pos then that is not important.

How can we possibly think of 20% because that is nearly 6BN in just one year? that is all of the extra coins nearly .. then we have no more coins left for POS after that? we need many many years of POS payments so i suggest 1% max perhaps less, we will need to encourage ppl to keep their wallets open in other ways they are just for security anyway whilst we have miners, when we don;t have miners we need them to mint blocks.

If we want POS actually we will have to slash block reward smaller and just inflate 1% per year max. However we decide 20% is completely impossible for that in the first year alone will put us to 30BN then futher years even if we drop lower.... actual minting will run to tons of billions more than we said already.

That will make coins worthless. So much supply and no demand.

1. get beecoin on new algo if everyone wants this ...essential pos really unless totally changing block scaling. whatever this is just to secure the blockchain.
2. get some services and marketing to build demand

that is key.  

Of course everyone can vote this just my opinion, but increasing supply by 25% is very risky with no demand.... most coins try to sneaky reduce supply so peoples coins are worth more, we are thinking of making them worth less. This is not a good plan in my opinion. I thought  a few extra maybe 26B would may be a good idea before but the more i think about it there is a good reason why a lot of coins reduce their minting not increase.

Agree on the gamblling and games vs just giving away though for sure.

I guess soopy will need to know if he is to get on.... so we need more input as to whether increase the minting or keep it the same. We should not really decrease the minting because although it will make your coins worth more it could be seen as cheating new miners if not sticking to original rules. Maybe smooth out the minting a bit and perhaps 1bn extra max.

come on people have your say in the matter before it happens.

Totally agree!
The most important thing is to create the demand for beecoins, not too many people have ever heard of  beecoin right now, the bees community really need to do something to make it more attractive.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:41:10 AM

OK

An initial high POS will create an initial high demand, because everybody would want this coin that would generate bonus coins.

At the same time, this initial high cost would initially reduce supply, because savvy people would pull their bees off exchanges to generate POS. They will be very unwilling to sell at a low price, unless

AT THIS TIME INTERVAL DEMAND IS HIGH AND SUPPLY IS LOW - SO THE PRICE SPIKES.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED WITH MINTCOIN, AND I FEEL THAT THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET BEECOIN TO THE $$$ MILLIONS.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:47:19 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 05:52:34 AM by GREEDYJOHN

DOES ANYBODY REALLY UNDERSTAND MY POINT?

- Add 6bn more bees. The extra bees would be used for BLOCK REWARD SCALING, POS, BLOCK TAX, GAMES AND GAMBLING.

- An initial high POS will make BEECOIN AS ATTRACTIVE AS MINTCOIN. The POS will create a scramble for beecoin, AND THIS IS THE TIME THAT WE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PRICE HIKES.

- HIGH POS does not really increase bees on the market, BUT IT SURELY INCREASES BEES IN MY WALLET. THIS IS VERY GOOD, AT CURRENT TIMES, WHEN IT IS NOT EVEN PROFITABLE TO MINE ANY COIN.

- EVEN IF WE ADD 6bn, 6bn is really nothing, this amount will be greatly consumed by GAMBLERS, POS IN MY WALLET, BLOCK TAX and MARKETING

KSGuy

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:57:10 AM

are there any working bee exchanges??
I checked the links in the OP, all down or not in english

check allcoin but look in the LTC market the btc is closed since it dropped below 1 sat

Thanks, with the amount I have it almost doesn't even seem worth it to register to sell them. Sad
soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 06:13:20 AM

A Small tip! a mysterious exchange will add BEE within this week. Keep you hopes high , more info soon to follow.

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
venmo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:07:32 AM

Good to hear.

The last exchange to post on here saying they had added beecoin never even sent out the confirmation email after multiple requests.

quovadiz

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:18:55 AM

I want blake256 with POS but I voted X11 with POS few days ago (because at that time, only X11 was having POS)

it happened the same... is it possible to change my vote?
Thank u!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:37:11 PM

- Add 6bn more bees. The extra bees would be used for BLOCK REWARD SCALING, POS, BLOCK TAX, GAMES AND GAMBLING.

- An initial high POS will make BEECOIN AS ATTRACTIVE AS MINTCOIN. The POS will create a scramble for beecoin, AND THIS IS THE TIME THAT WE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PRICE HIKES.

- HIGH POS does not really increase bees on the market, BUT IT SURELY INCREASES BEES IN MY WALLET. THIS IS VERY GOOD, AT CURRENT TIMES, WHEN IT IS NOT EVEN PROFITABLE TO MINE ANY COIN.

- EVEN IF WE ADD 6bn, 6bn is really nothing, this amount will be greatly consumed by GAMBLERS, POS IN MY WALLET, BLOCK TAX and MARKETING

I understand what you think will happen, but it probably will not happen. Sadly nobody will rush to beecoin for 20% the coins go up and down 50% per day, nobody will care about 20% in a year. It will just create BILLIONS more coins for nothing.

You may get more coins in your wallet but they will be worth less so it is pointless.  NO coin increases minting, most try to get away with cutting minting down to increase value of the coins. Beecoin right now has very low demand ie nobody is buying because it has no services or marketing. You can't increase 25% more coins it just makes the coins you have worth 25% less.

Even if you did add 6BN more to minting... you could only have a VERY small POS each year because even 6BN will not last many years.  

Even with the 2% development block tax if we make more coins but they become less it is pointless.

If you visit every other coin community that had too much supply and not enough demand..... they cut supply they would never increase supply. That is suicide of the coin. I agree we need POS but a tiny %

Really for beecoin to start rising in value you need to cut the block rewards down a bit or scale them longer and slimmer and add a small POS for security. POS on a coin like this is not to get free coins, it is to give security to the chain.  However cutting POW rewards is not good for the image of the coin, so have to leave it as it is.

POS is only for free coins and security if you do a mining period of a few days like black coin and mintcoin.... beecoins minting is already HUGE.

20% pos will not create any rush to beecoin at all it will only devalue the coins you have. Crypto is not like a bank with fiat in.....the value of your crypto coins goes up and down by 50% or more sometimes in a day , investors realise 20% per year means nothing, even 100% in a year means nothing.  Crypto is very unstable.

If we could cut of all mining from here and just go full POS with tiny POW that would make you coins a LOT more valuable.... but other communities and new miners would say that was  unfair.

The more coins you produce the less everyones current coins are worth. The block tax is not even worth too much right now since there is no real buying demand.

Even to increase the minting by 1B is devaluing the coins .

Mintcoin is nothing like beecoin, mint is more like black coin...  Beecoin is more like doge they were forced to either allow 1% inflation per year or they could have added POS. They decided to inflate 1% per year after all blocks were mined. A lot of doge hated that idea because they saw it diluted their share.

Just keep in mind that getting free POS coins means nothing to getting more BTC value, it just creates more coins supply. We need to increase demand not supply. If you want POS that high all POW coins need to be stopped. BUt then other communities will call beecoin a scam because we have mined the coins ourselves then stopped others mining and rewarded ourselves with more POS coins.  So beecoin will be called a scam.

This is the main issue with all crypto except bitcoin..... there is no use for it.  We need to market and come up with services for it.  Block tax can be larger because the comes out of the current minting and does not increase supply. I a in agreement with bigger development pot for projects and games...even 5% just for that. Let's get some decent games and incentives for people to buy beecoins.

Another point is this.... we need mining as profitable as possible to get some miners... we need to choose the best algo for profit. The one that uses the least electricity of all. Profits for miners are very important. I hear a lot of miners are quitting due to low profits. So we need increase value of beecoin, decrease cost to mine beecoin. This will keep beecoin popular and more secured.

If we do add 6BN to the minting it must be all through POS... and  not just in one year.... we need years and years of POS to keep the coin alive. 2% max pos would be best maybe intitial 5% first year but it makes no difference in a market which can go up and down 50% per day... so i say as least as possible POS but regular staking to keep blocks moving. Also cut POW rewards in half but make them go longer. If we use and algo that uses 50% electricity that is actually more than fair because we are not cutting minting we are extending the minting.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:11:51 PM

I understand what you think will happen, but it probably will not happen. Sadly nobody will rush to beecoin for 20% the coins go up and down 50% per day, nobody will care about 20% in a year. It will just create BILLIONS more coins for nothing.

You may get more coins in your wallet but they will be worth less so it is pointless.  NO coin increases minting, most try to get away with cutting minting down to increase value of the coins. Beecoin right now has very low demand ie nobody is buying because it has no services or marketing. You can't increase 25% more coins it just makes the coins you have worth 25% less.

Even if you did add 6BN more to minting... you could only have a VERY small POS each year because even 6BN will not last many years.  

Even with the 2% development block tax if we make more coins but they become less it is pointless.

If you visit every other coin community that had too much supply and not enough demand..... they cut supply they would never increase supply. That is suicide of the coin. I agree we need POS but a tiny %

Really for beecoin to start rising in value you need to cut the block rewards down a bit or scale them longer and slimmer and add a small POS for security. POS on a coin like this is not to get free coins, it is to give security to the chain.  However cutting POW rewards is not good for the image of the coin, so have to leave it as it is.

POS is only for free coins and security if you do a mining period of a few days like black coin and mintcoin.... beecoins minting is already HUGE.

20% pos will not create any rush to beecoin at all it will only devalue the coins you have. Crypto is not like a bank with fiat in.....the value of your crypto coins goes up and down by 50% or more sometimes in a day , investors realise 20% per year means nothing, even 100% in a year means nothing.  Crypto is very unstable.

If we could cut of all mining from here and just go full POS with tiny POW that would make you coins a LOT more valuable.... but other communities and new miners would say that was  unfair.

The more coins you produce the less everyones current coins are worth. The block tax is not even worth too much right now since there is no real buying demand.

Even to increase the minting by 1B is devaluing the coins .

Mintcoin is nothing like beecoin, mint is more like black coin...  Beecoin is more like doge they were forced to either allow 1% inflation per year or they could have added POS. They decided to inflate 1% per year after all blocks were mined. A lot of doge hated that idea because they saw it diluted their share.

Just keep in mind that getting free POS coins means nothing to getting more BTC value, it just creates more coins supply. We need to increase demand not supply. If you want POS that high all POW coins need to be stopped. BUt then other communities will call beecoin a scam because we have mined the coins ourselves then stopped others mining and rewarded ourselves with more POS coins.  So beecoin will be called a scam.

This is the main issue with all crypto except bitcoin..... there is no use for it.  We need to market and come up with services for it.  Block tax can be larger because the comes out of the current minting and does not increase supply. I a in agreement with bigger development pot for projects and games...even 5% just for that. Let's get some decent games and incentives for people to buy beecoins.

Another point is this.... we need mining as profitable as possible to get some miners... we need to choose the best algo for profit. The one that uses the least electricity of all. Profits for miners are very important. I hear a lot of miners are quitting due to low profits. So we need increase value of beecoin, decrease cost to mine beecoin. This will keep beecoin popular and more secured.

If we do add 6BN to the minting it must be all through POS... and  not just in one year.... we need years and years of POS to keep the coin alive. 2% max pos would be best maybe intitial 5% first year but it makes no difference in a market which can go up and down 50% per day... so i say as least as possible POS but regular staking to keep blocks moving. Also cut POW rewards in half but make them go longer. If we use and algo that uses 50% electricity that is actually more than fair because we are not cutting minting we are extending the minting.

Alright, talk to soopy. You understand this game better.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:22:38 PM

first thing we do when we get on the new algo and have new wallets is a big marketing push.

I guess no point to do it yet though because they will have to download the wallets all over again, and for people new to crypto that will seem like a lot of hassle ...

soopy452000
Legendary

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 06:52:27 PM

I will fix the wallet within 3 days that's by 14 - 15th and new Algo will kick in. Sounds good?

Also about the block tax it will be as follows as per discussions

BLOCK TAX
2% DEV
0.5% FAUCETS
1.5% GAMBLING GAMES
2% PROJECT

Also Pos will be 5% , just a suggestion , confirming all the above as well as finalizing on the Algorithm will allow me to get working rightaway.

~SoopY~

Working/Online Times

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:51:07 PM

I will fix the wallet within 3 days that's by 14 - 15th and new Algo will kick in. Sounds good?

BLOCK TAX
2% DEV
0.5% FAUCETS
1.5% GAMBLING GAMES
2% PROJECT

Also Pos will be 5% , just a suggestion , confirming all the above as well as finalizing on the Algorithm will allow me to get working rightaway.

~SoopY~

We just want BEECOIN to be a $$$ million dollar investment, so it must have the best qualities of other $$$ million dollar coins.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:42:20 AM

BLOCK TAX
2% DEV
0.5% FAUCETS
1.5% GAMBLING GAMES
2% PROJECT

~SoopY~

Sounds excellent...

Yes block tax

2% dev
2% projects wallet - we can vote on how to use it
2% beecoin donations..

sounds good to me..

5% first year
2% 2nd year
1% from then on...

however i will be happy to do whatever everyone else wants

also staking time every 7 days ?  or every day? or will that make the block chain massive?

also looks like it will be x11 POS...  why has nobody ever done x11 POS before?

Also digi shield looks better than kgw ... or seems so from what others are saying.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:56:26 AM

BLOCK TAX
2% DEV
0.5% FAUCETS
1.5% GAMBLING GAMES
2% PROJECT

~SoopY~

Sounds excellent...

Yes block tax

2% dev
2% beecoin donations..

sounds good to me..

5% first year
2% 2nd year
1% from then on...

also staking time every 7 days ?  or every day? or will that make the block chain massive?

Also digi shield looks better than kgw ... or seems so from what others are saying.

Ideas are unlimited. I just want something that will get members glued to the beecoin website, or the beecoin client. This is why I wanted a greater portion for games and gambling, so that members can only win coins, with minimal losses.

I am still thinking Undecided Huh

soopy452000
Legendary

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 02:30:59 AM

BLOCK TAX
2% DEV
0.5% FAUCETS
1.5% GAMBLING GAMES
2% PROJECT

~SoopY~

Sounds excellent...

Yes block tax

2% dev
2% beecoin donations..

sounds good to me..

5% first year
2% 2nd year
1% from then on...

Staking time would be every 15 days - 30 days max for all coins held.

Yup Bee is going to be the 1st with X11 + POS so it's going to be major.
I guess people were boring to implement that haha , novelty now now. Smiley

So it's final! X11 + POS getting 33.4% Votes
Blake256 + POS getting 33.4 combined votes.

Surely we can go with Digishield.

Are we good?

~SoopY~

Working/Online Times

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:31:25 AM

BLOCK TAX
2% DEV
0.5% FAUCETS
1.5% GAMBLING GAMES
2% PROJECT

~SoopY~

Sounds excellent...

Yes block tax

2% dev
2% beecoin donations..

sounds good to me..

5% first year
2% 2nd year
1% from then on...

Staking time would be every 15 days - 30 days max for all coins held.

Yup Bee is going to be the 1st with X11 + POS so it's going to be major.
I guess people were boring to implement that haha , novelty now now. Smiley

So it's final! X11 + POS getting 33.4% Votes
Blake256 + POS getting 33.4 combined votes.

Surely we can go with Digishield.

Are we good?

~SoopY~

cool, i am happy to go with what everyone wants.

others come on have your say don't be upset later.... what do you think on the POS?? have we got the level correct?

I'm good with it .

bluejean

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:14:38 AM

I like the way this is shaping up....I'm good with it all and looking forward to Bee gaining some traction in the crypto world. Great team effort so far!
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:19:45 PM

Yes i agree, there are also a lot of bee holders who have forgotten this coin, i'm sure they will be back on board once we have this coin up and going again and we have lots of things to do

Once we are back on a decent exchange and get ourselves on to coin market cap that will be quite interesting.

Urban Dressing

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:11:17 PM

Finally, bee.updamoon.com is working as it should.  Cheesy
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:10:48 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 05:26:11 PM by dbt1033

Do people not realize how inferior X11 is to Blake256?

I wouldn't pick something just because it's trending.  

Blake-256(optimized) is faster than Scrypt, SHA-256D, Keccak  Grin

It is also incredibly energy efficient, and provides Nvidia card owners an equal chance.

The algorithm was written as a candidate for SHA-3, Based on round one candidate code from the Sphlib 2.1 library and reduced the round function to 8 rounds.

Advantages

Design
• simplicity of the algorithm
• interface for hashing with a salt

Performance
• fast in both software and hardware
• parallelism and throughput/area trade-off for hardware implementation
• simple speed/confidence trade-off with the tunable number of rounds

Security
• based on an intensively analyzed component (ChaCha)
• resistant to generic second-preimage attacks
• resistant to side-channel attacks
• resistant to length-extension

Blake is the fastest !

• 3.4GH/s on a AMD Radeon R9 290X
  • 5.1GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 7990
  • 2.2GH/s - 2.8GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 7970
  • 1.4GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 6970
  • 1.3GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 5870
  • 1.6GH/s on a ZTEX USB-FPGA 1.15y Quad Spartan-6 LX150 Development Board
  • 1.5GH/s on a Enterpoint Cairnsmore 1 Quad Spartan-6 LX150 Development Board
  • 800MH/s on a Lancelot Dual Spartan-6 LX150 Development Board
  • 360MH/s on a ZTEX USB-FPGA 1.15x Spartan-6 LX150 Development Board

Do you guys really want Beecoin to die again?  Make the right choice before it's too late!

Waterfall algorithms are insecure and inferior.

The miner for X11 is not optimized.  People have much faster miners than the ones that are available to the public.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: