Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:49:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Change of Algorithm to SHA-3 , Keccak , Scrypt-Jane N-Modified , X11 with POS
SHA-3 Keccak
Blake256
Scrypt-Jane N-Modified
X11 with POS
X11 without POS
Blake256 with POS

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESURRECTION] Taking Beecoin to the Hive Flying!MANDATORY Client Update!  (Read 24415 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hacintosh

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:42:50 AM

Great!
Beecoin is coming back on track!
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:36:59 AM

Let's hope that after ASICs come this will be the next DOGE!  Cheesy
Just pls update the logo, with this logo nothing can be done!
What is wrong with the logo? The logo is UNIQUE. I CAN SEE THIS LOGO FROM A MILE AWAY. I can pick it from the crowd easily, even if you throw it into a puzzle of 250 altcoins.

pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 11:44:51 AM

What is wrong with the logo? The logo is UNIQUE. I CAN SEE THIS LOGO FROM A MILE AWAY. I can pick it from the crowd easily, even if you throw it into a puzzle of 250 altcoins.
Its childish, naive and not modern.

Cryptostats.es
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:46:56 AM

Its childish, naive and not modern.
The only thing I would do to the bee, would be to make its head a little bit bigger, and put a better smile on its face.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:02:34 PM

great to see soopy back....

this is what we have guys so far.... this is the final confirmation before it gets implemented... please comment if you're not sure.... then we need to push ahead.

algo = x11 +pos

block tax = 2% you,  2% bees 2% development projects.

POS = 5% first year going down to 1% following year

Block scaling = keep the same  or reduce slightly to keep POS from not pushing past 24B

The logo i think is quite individual...could take what we have and just improve it a little, but yes it does really stand out. Again can vote on that later.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:19:35 PM

this is what we have guys so far.... this is the final confirmation before it gets implemented... please comment if you're not sure.... then we need to push ahead.

algo = x11 +pos

Block scaling = keep the same  or reduce slightly to keep POS from not pushing past 24B

The logo i think is quite individual...could take what we have and just improve it a little, but yes it does really stand out. Again can vote on that later.

This is what I feel:

algo = x11 + POS or blake256 + POS or HYBRID

block tax = 2% you,  6% GAMES AND GAMBLING,  2% development projects.

Block scaling = keep the same  or reduce slightly

COINAGE = INCREASE TO 27BN - 30BN, SO THAT A MAJOR PART OF THE 3 - 6BN COIN INCREASE CAN FUND GAMES AND GAMBLING.

GAMES AND GAMBLING, WHICH I HAVE DISCUSSED WITH SOOPY, WOULD BE GREAT IF THEY COULD BE INCORPORATED INTO THE QT CLIENT.
If we have 3bn coins going to games that give out minimum amount of bees per game, per wallet, per day - this will be much more useful than giveaway faucets - it will force people to use the qt client, thereby securing the network. Games could attract non miners (office workers, teenagers on a train with mobile device, etc) to beecoin, but my concept could be to ensure that gamers typically earn less coins than miners, and that winnings are inversely proportional to hash power.

This is just an idea that I pointed to soopy, lets see what he has to say....

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:34:45 PM

algo = x11 +pos

This is what I feel:

COINAGE = INCREASE TO 27BN - 30BN, SO THAT A MAJOR PART OF THE 3 - 6BN COIN INCREASE CAN FUND GAMES AND GAMBLING.

GAMES AND GAMBLING, WHICH I HAVE DISCUSSED WITH SOOPY, WOULD BE GREAT IF THEY COULD BE INCORPORATED INTO THE QT CLIENT.
If we have 3bn coins going to games that give out minimum amount of bees per game, per wallet, per day - this will be much more useful than giveaway faucets - it will force people to use the qt client, thereby securing the network. Games could attract non miners (office workers, teenagers on a train with mobile device, etc) to beecoin, but my concept could be to ensure that gamers typically earn less coins than miners, and that winnings are inversely proportional to hash power.

Games and gambling is good but 6%? what about the bees themselves?

Also it is good to have ROI projects to get people really invovled with things.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:39:07 PM

My idea of increased coinage to fund games and gambling is just a hypothetical idea, assuming that these games can be incorporated into the BEECOIN -QT client (don't bother if they cannot).

This idea would be good because it would encourage people to access the qt client more often. Teenagers on the train, office workers during lunch break, would access the client in an attempt to earn very fee BEES, as rewards would be limited per wallet, per game, per day.

This idea would be useful, as BEECOIN approaches pure POS. The gaming reserve (2 -3 billion BEES) would be highly sought after, by gamblers who would compete viciously to earn a slice of the cake, as mining equipment becomes obsolete. This competition, just to earn very few bees, would secure the network and make BEES expensive.

What do you think? Is this just a crazy idea OR IS IT USEFUL?

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:47:54 PM

algo = x11 +pos

This is what I feel:

The increased coinage would support the large portion of coins going to games and gambling- also, a portion of the coins lost by gamblers could also be used for to support bees.

We could have, block tax = 2% DEV,  6% GAMES AND GAMBLING,  2% development projects, 2% bees

This large block tax is only good if we slightly increase coinage to 27bn.

This should be debated or challenged by other members of the thread.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:56:38 PM

A 12% BLOCK TAX SHOULD BE COMPENSATED BY A CORRESPONDING 12.5% INCREASE IN COINAGE.

So effectively, people will still earn the same amount of coins as they would under the 24bn model (they would even more, we are more than 12bn already minted, so adding 3bn more increases the original remainder by 25%, not 12.5%).

Miners would be slightly better off, projects would be funded, while non-miners would be able to obtain very few FREE BEES (currently less than what a typical miner would earn), while using their wallets to secure the network.

I would love to increase the total qty of bees available to gamblers to exceed 1bn. This is to ensure that members of the public can STRUGGLE AND COMPETE to earn very few bees.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:58:29 PM

My idea of increased coinage to fund games and gambling is just a hypothetical idea, assuming that these games can be incorporated into the BEECOIN -QT client (don't bother if they cannot).

This idea would be good because it would encourage people to access the qt client more often. Teenagers on the train, office workers during lunch break, would access the client in an attempt to earn very fee BEES, as rewards would be limited per wallet, per game, per day.

This idea would be useful, as BEECOIN approaches pure POS. The gaming reserve (2 -3 billion BEES) would be highly sought after, by gamblers who would compete viciously to earn a slice of the cake, as mining equipment becomes obsolete. This competition, just to earn very few bees, would secure the network and make BEES expensive.

It is a good idea, however putting a game inside the wallet is quite a tough task .... although yes maybe you are correct, perhaps not like hunter coin, but a simple game or competition not related to blockchain at all...but just makes people keep their wallet open could work. Soopy is not a games designer though so that would be something for the future.

The projects % can be used for this anyway so no need to make it 6%, although if everyone wants it that high that's okay with me

i would say 4% projects and services of which that is included anyway.

2% soopy
4% projects and services
2% bees

seems enough if we roll with it now while blocks are still large.

You want people to have to buy bees to gamble with, not give them free bees because they will not value them and dump on the market.

The tax needs to be used for development of the games and also prizes... but you have to buy in to the games with beecoins.

I do not think increasing the minting is a good idea.... but i guess if total increase including POS is 12% that is only around 3B so total minting 27BN seems okay.

Have to strip down the block rewards slightly now to achieve that.

Inflating a coin at all which has low demand is not really a great idea... but i guess from 24bn to 27 bn is not too bad.

hacintosh

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:05:25 PM

algo = x11 +pos

This is what I feel:

The increased coinage would support the large portion of coins going to games and gambling- also, a portion of the coins lost by gamblers could also be used for to support bees.

We could have, block tax = 2% DEV,  6% GAMES AND GAMBLING,  2% development projects, 2% bees

That's total 12% of block tax, it's way too high. In my opinion, the total block tax should be less than 3%.
And increasing the total amount of bee coin may not be a good idea.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:07:59 PM

It is a good idea, however putting a game inside the wallet is quite a tough task .... although yes maybe you are correct, perhaps not like hunter coin, but a simple game or competition not related to blockchain at all...but just makes people keep their wallet open could work. Soopy is not a games designer though so that would be something for the future.

The projects % can be used for this anyway so no need to make it 6%, although if everyone wants it that high that's okay with me

2% soopy
4% projects and services
2% bees

I understand that the games may be hard to implement, but a simple flip flap game would do, a game where it is almost impossible to win 5 bees without losing 4. We want games that people will almost never win 5 bees at a time, per day, per wallet. Cheesy  Cool

What do you think about 27bn bees?

WE CAN ABANDON THE GAME CONCEPT, IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE, BUT STILL HAVE A GENEROUS RESERVE FOR GIVEAWAY FAUCETS THAT PAY MINIMUM WAGE Cheesy

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:09:25 PM

algo = x11 +pos

This is what I feel:

That's total 12% of block tax, it's way too high. In my opinion, the total block tax should be less than 3%.

THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION, BECAUSE COINAGE COULD BE SLIGHTLY INCREASED TO MATCH THIS FIGURE.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:11:32 PM

2% soopy
4% projects and services
2% bees

I understand that the games may be hard to implement, but a simple flip flap game would do, a game where it is almost impossible to win 5 bees without losing 4. We want games that people will almost never win 5 bees at a time, per day, per wallet. Cheesy  Cool

WE CAN ABANDON THE GAME CONCEPT, IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE, BUT STILL HAVE A GENEROUS RESERVE FOR GIVEAWAY FAUCETS THAT PAY MINIMUM WAGE Cheesy

A game is a good idea, flappy coin has one in there wallet.

However for winning coins it is better to have a method where they pay to have a go at the game and the tops scorers win most of the coins, small fee taken first.
That way the players are funding the prizes.

However a game to keep the wallet open is quite a good idea... this is something for the future though i guess when we have funds to pay for games developers ect.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:19:53 PM

2% soopy
4% projects and services
2% bees

A game is a good idea, flappy coin has one in there wallet.

However for winning coins it is better to have a method where they pay to have a go at the game and the tops scorers win most of the coins, small fee taken first.
That way the players are funding the prizes.

However a game to keep the wallet open is quite a good idea... this is something for the future though i guess when we have funds to pay for games developers ect.

The funds will come from part of the extra coinage, we pay the game developer in BEES (just a suggestion).
It is true that a small entry fee for games should be included, but nothing massive, losses should be minimal (so as not to piss people off), winnings should be small per wallet per game per day - so that beecoin is evenly spread out.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:42:01 PM

Nice to see beecoin back on track. Thanks soopy this is much appreciated.

I have a very good feeling about beecoin. I have spoken to a few people about it and i know 2 other people that are doing a few things for beecoin that will be ready shortly.

Also exchanges are going to be required for after the algo switch. So if everyone can keep voting on mintpal and others. I too am doing this and progressing with the new website.
Soopy is back now, so you can send him your requests.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:45:52 PM

Hi, Everybody. Are there any game developers on this thread, I mean people who can incorporate a simple gambling game into a QT wallet?

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:53:20 PM

Let's draw a line under all the deciding on things by tonight so soopy can get on and develop the coin now since we are getting further behind schedule. We need to start the marketing process sooner rather than later.

We have had weeks to decide so by tonight let's hear everyones decision. Then tomorrow soopy can start coding the variables in.

dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:16:16 PM

algo = x11 +pos

This is what I feel:

THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION, BECAUSE COINAGE COULD BE SLIGHTLY INCREASED TO MATCH THIS FIGURE.

block tax- 2%; DEV-2%; gambling 2%; bees - 4%

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: