Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:21:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Change of Algorithm to SHA-3 , Keccak , Scrypt-Jane N-Modified , X11 with POS
SHA-3 Keccak
Blake256
Scrypt-Jane N-Modified
X11 with POS
X11 without POS
Blake256 with POS

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESURRECTION] Taking Beecoin to the Hive Flying!MANDATORY Client Update!  (Read 24415 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:21:52 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 08:09:38 PM by GREEDYJOHN

The  Implementation will be done in 3 Stages.

1 - Change of Algorithm

2 - Block Tax Integration

3 - Wallet Gaming and Faucets and Distributional Channels.

As the main change would be the Algorithm it will have priority and all else will be integrated within a time frame of maximum a month to keep a time period for everyone to have sometime getting used to the new Algorithm and not to rush into immediate update after update.

Does this sound good , the Change of Algorithm can be delivered within 3 - 4 days at max.

Do tell me your thoughts on this and regards to re- polling I believe it's a battle between Blake and X11 now and POS is anyway added to either , so I believe not going to another poll to just choose 1 from the either 2 the votes received in the next 12 hours will be counted valid and votes thereafter are void.

I will post a Poll to decide the next additions shortly after starting development work.

Is this good?

~SoopY~

1 - No need to re-poll, just chose the best option, with POS.

2 - We need to eliminate random blocks, so that we have fixed block rewards or block rewards that are inversely proportional to hashing power.

3 - Are we going to alter the total coinage, to 27 - 30bn, to accommodate for POS and Block tax?

bluejean

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:19:22 PM

There was a 3rd option to leave the algo as is and model the coin after Blackcoin. Increase the block reward to 200000 until next 5 billion coins is mined. This would leave 5 billion coins approx for POS at 2% per year. Cryptohunter can give you more details. I think it's a valid option and should be included in the poll. Blackcoin is doing great and even Whitecoin is going along quite nicely during it's POW phase...even with all the multipool dumping.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:34:55 PM

There was a 3rd option to leave the algo as is and model the coin after Blackcoin. Increase the block reward to 200000 until next 5 billion coins is mined. This would leave 5 billion coins approx for POS at 2% per year. Cryptohunter can give you more details. I think it's a valid option and should be included in the poll. Blackcoin is doing great and even Whitecoin is going along quite nicely during it's POW phase...even with all the multipool dumping.

x11 + POS is a marketing strategy to prove that beecoin is a superior coin. This will attract major miners to the game, just before POS kicks in.

Whitecoin is popular because of Blackcoin. Blackcoin is popular because of its algorithm

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:36:50 PM

SOOPY IS THE MAN! YES! Smiley Cheesy Wink Cool

bluejean

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:43:56 PM

Whitecoin may be popular because of Blackcoin. They are both POW/POS hybrids. Blackcoin is and has been completely POW mined and is strictly POS at this point. Staking is every 8 hours to help keep the blockchain secure and a multipool is set up for miners to mine other coins whose profits are spent on Blackcoin. Whitecoin will be completely POW mined within a few days and also go purely POS...supported also by POS staking and multipool. Whitecoin is a scrypt algo coin....not sure about Blackcoin...but it doesn't matter since it has been unmineable since block 10000.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Whitecoin may be popular because of Blackcoin. They are both POW/POS hybrids. Blackcoin is and has been completely POW mined and is strictly POS at this point. Staking is every 8 hours to help keep the blockchain secure and a multipool is set up for miners to mine other coins whose profits are spent on Blackcoin. Whitecoin will be completely POW mined within a few days and also go purely POS...supported also by POS staking and multipool. Whitecoin is a scrypt algo coin....not sure about Blackcoin...but it doesn't matter since it has been unmineable since block 10000.

BEECOIN is not as lucky as whitecoin. We NEED x11 + POS as a selling point to attract miners. When we attract miners, we will win many votes to get onto a major exchange - then POS kicks in.

x11 + POS is a MAJOR SELLING POINT.

GAMES and block tax may come later. We just want feature to make beecoin unique and popular.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:23:01 PM

BEECOIN is not as lucky as whitecoin. We NEED x11 + POS as a selling point to attract miners. When we attract miners, we will win many votes to get onto a major exchange - then POS kicks in.

GAMES and block tax may come later. We just want feature to make beecoin unique and popular.

I don't mind either way... but the inflating should only be done through POS. 1% per year but regular staking for security. I'm not sure what the original POW final blocks were.. perhaps 1000? not sure, however we could put that down to 100 or 20 even since now we will have pos.

We should just push ahead either way i don't mind.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:15:17 PM

I don't mind either way... but the inflating should only be done through POS. 1% per year but regular staking for security. I'm not sure what the original POW final blocks were.. perhaps 1000? not sure, however we could put that down to 100 or 20 even since now we will have pos.

Soopy's method is best. Who knows, we may become popular merely by algo change, as this will attract a crowd of miners.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:24:04 PM

Soopy's method is best. Who knows, we may become popular merely by algo change, as this will attract a crowd of miners.

we will become popular from good marketing... sure let's go with keeping blocks as they are then with x11 and POS.

the block tax needs to be from each block gradually as we go... so from each block mined 2% 2% 2% or whatever % we decide, constant flow of coins coming in for various things.

soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 03:22:29 AM

Dear All,

While making a small announcement , I would like to make it clear that all resurrection work that I do are solely based on and I rely on and wish that they would be appreciated with your generous and kind donations , I just want to let you all know that I'm not here to rake millions and millions through my work nor I am mining these coins or hold these coins in millions nor that I have mined these coins in large amounts and holding them nor that like the Original Developer I have premine and can dump them anytime and make a profit.

I simply work on an abandoned coin when I see it has potential and there's a good community behind it supporting it , now ofcourse while I put all my time into this and do all the needful there's nothing I'm gaining or profiting off nor am I expecting anything in return however it would have been great if my efforts are appreciated and respected by the community with such donations as I do also have running costs and other things to attend to like all of us humans do , commitments , bills and responsibilities and everything for me comes at a price though I do not set prices for what I do , it would have been nicer and respectful if my work and time were to be compensated by your generous contributions/donations for uninterrupted flow of my work and to help me with my commitments while I'm working.

~SoopY~

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:27:22 AM

Dear All,

While making a small announcement , I would like to make it clear that all resurrection work that I do are solely based on and I rely on and wish that they would be appreciated with your generous and kind donations , I just want to let you all know that I'm not here to rake millions and millions through my work nor I am mining these coins or hold these coins in millions nor that I have mined these coins in large amounts and holding them nor that like the Original Developer I have premine and can dump them anytime and make a profit.

I simply work on an abandoned coin when I see it has potential and there's a good community behind it supporting it , now ofcourse while I put all my time into this and do all the needful there's nothing I'm gaining or profiting off nor am I expecting anything in return however it would have been great if my efforts are appreciated and respected by the community with such donations as I do also have running costs and other things to attend to like all of us humans do , commitments , bills and responsibilities and everything for me comes at a price though I do not set prices for what I do , it would have been nicer and respectful if my work and time were to be compensated by your generous contributions/donations for uninterrupted flow of my work and to help me with my commitments while I'm working.

~SoopY~

Don't mind these members, they dare to make comments on how BEECOIN should be run, without even donating a dime.

dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:37:27 AM

Time is running. Start to do things. Any chabges, will be better than actually situation. Change the algo, take some taxes for project and stop talking about it. Look how long time it took.
Scopy do changes whatever you like. You have our support.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
xlilbearx

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:24:59 PM

When will algorithm change + pos?soon or no?wait or not
soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 05:41:21 PM

Soon mate , as much I'm doing for BeeCoin more than I'm doing for my own or other coins , you'd have to wait a few days , Rome was not built in one day nor any coin I know of including BITCOIN!

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:11:52 AM

Soon mate , as much I'm doing for BeeCoin more than I'm doing for my own or other coins , you'd have to wait a few days , Rome was not built in one day nor any coin I know of including BITCOIN!

Thanks soopy, we know it takes time to make a premium product.

I notice diamond has now copied our block tax idea Smiley

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:52:45 AM

Thanks soopy, we know it takes time to make a premium product.

I notice diamond has now copied our block tax idea Smiley

This is the problem with posting ideas on the forum, your ideas get stolen. We are already hovering around 15bn mark, algo change with POS needs a little coinage increase, to attract miners, just before block reward drops significantly.

WE NEED TO DEVELOP MARKETING IDEAS.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:25:06 AM

We don't need miners as such we need buyers and general interest. Marketing is now key.

I know a few people waiting to market this once we are stable on the new source.

I guess diamond didn't really steal it ... i was just messing. Block tax is a good thing though and in the future i think all coins will have it.

Beecoin hasn't got started as yet...

kiddi822

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:50:33 PM

i can not get the wallet :O do you have any other link than mega one ??
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:02:58 PM

what happens when you try to get the mega one?

xlilbearx

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:14:32 PM

thank you,but can you tell how long?few days said many times but now few weeks,need a know when.thank you mate.X11 pos difficult then scrypt pos better?x11 pos not possible?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: