Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:31:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NiceHash.com - sell & buy hash rate cloud mining service / multipool  (Read 794124 times)
caleb150

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:42:46 AM

When will nicehash be operational again and what will happen to the funds stored on nicehash?
Also, what will happen to the buyers and sellers of hash rates at the moment the site in down?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Irlasos

Activity: 504
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:42:04 PM

I saw this in twitter:

So, can you explain how you get hacked cold wallets ?
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:57:53 PM

I saw this in twitter:

No but I can. It’s quite simple.  The coins are not stolen. They sit happily hidden away only to the knowledge of those two idiots in the video.  They will hide it take a couple years in jail and then ride out into the sunset.  It’s new crypto scam. Hell look at karpeles.  Justice system my ass.  Just another way for the rich to keep their hold over us plebs

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:08:47 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 02:21:45 PM by Darooghe

I saw this in twitter:

Oh my god!
Another proof for exit Scam.
We saw their faces.
We know where they are and we know who they are.
Someone call Police. We have to bring them to court.
I think if we all do Lawsuit together we'll get back our money sooner.
We need a campaign right now
This is a legal way for getting back the money. but If it does not work we can call Mafia for getting back our money in illegal way.
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 02:03:34 PM

Oh my god!
We saw their faces.
This is a legal way for getting back the money. but If it does not work we can call Mafia for getting back your money in illegal way.

1-800-CALL-THE-MAFIA?

errata

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:23:56 PM

I'm very sorry for each and every satoshi anyone lost in this journey, however, let me share you a piece of advice even though it's a bit too late...

Next time you think to "invest" something into project related in any way with Balkan people, just don't.
Close the tab.
Shut down the computer.
Go away.
Forget about the project forever.
Never forget about NOT INVESTING INTO BALKAN SCAMS.

Wink

(For those who have no idea what "Balkan" is: https://www.google.com/search?q=balkan&oq=balkan&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.782j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

Also, DON'T INVEST INTO BALKAN SCAMS fellas, like seriously...
Temporel

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:09:13 PM

I'm very sorry for each and every satoshi anyone lost in this journey, however, let me share you a piece of advice even though it's a bit too late...

Next time you think to "invest" something into project related in any way with Balkan people, just don't.
Close the tab.
Shut down the computer.
Go away.

Wink

(For those who have no idea what "Balkan" is: https://www.google.com/search?q=balkan&oq=balkan&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.782j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

invest ? Not getting paid has nothing to do with investment
gishab56

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:18:20 AM

When is the class-action lawsuit getting started?

it was a classic exit scam your money is gone

I saw this in twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ91uSSUIAAdOpb.jpg

Oh my god!
We saw their faces.
This is a legal way for getting back the money. but If it does not work we can call Mafia for getting back our money in illegal way.

What are you talknig about? did you guys read CEO speaks at wikitribune?

Seems i was wrong like you but More info for you

Q: What steps will NiceHash take to regain its customers trust?

A: The support we have received from our community during this crisis has been immense. We are truly moved by the tens of thousands of messages from our community of miners. We are taking all the necessary steps to re-establish our systems with bullet-proof security protocols, and enable miners to start earning money again.

We understand why everyone is upset, and we are truly sorry. We are taking responsibility and want to demonstrate the openness and transparency which is the cornerstone of the world in which we work.

We know we have to build up trust again, we know that, but the overwhelming majority of our community of nearly 750,000 registered users have been very supportive and want us to get the site up and running so they can start making money, mining and leasing again.

It will take time but we are working on a solution to ensure all users are reimbursed. That is clearly a key concern for our users, and we understand this, we are not running away from our responsibilities. As soon as we have a plan in place we will update all users on our intended solution, and we’re sorry for any inconvenience which has been caused.

We’re going to make sure that we learn from this and come back even stronger and safer.

Q: What’s the likelihood of the company covering more than $60m in losses? Are you able to compensate users?

A: We fully intend to make this right. It’s a matter of deep concern to us and we’re working hard to rectify the matter in the coming days. We’re working on a solution to ensure that all users are reimbursed. These things are delicate matters, and take time, so we would ask our community to be patient while we get this fixed and fully investigated. As soon as we have a full plan in place we will communicate it to our users and all those affected

https://www.wikitribune.com/story/2017/12/11/technology/nicehash-ceo-speaks-out-after-60m-cryptocurrency-hack/27212/
poby

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:32:37 AM

A: The support we have received from our community during this crisis has been immense. We are truly moved by the tens of thousands of messages from our community of miners. We are taking all the necessary steps to re-establish our systems with bullet-proof security protocols, and enable miners to start earning money again.

We understand why everyone is upset, and we are truly sorry. We are taking responsibility and want to demonstrate the openness and transparency which is the cornerstone of the world in which we work.

We know we have to build up trust again, we know that, but the overwhelming majority of our community of nearly 750,000 registered users have been very supportive and want us to get the site up and running so they can start making money, mining and leasing again.

It will take time but we are working on a solution to ensure all users are reimbursed. That is clearly a key concern for our users, and we understand this, we are not running away from our responsibilities. As soon as we have a plan in place we will update all users on our intended solution, and we’re sorry for any inconvenience which has been caused.

We’re going to make sure that we learn from this and come back even stronger and safer.

Q: What’s the likelihood of the company covering more than $60m in losses? Are you able to compensate users?

A: We fully intend to make this right. It’s a matter of deep concern to us and we’re working hard to rectify the matter in the coming days. We’re working on a solution to ensure that all users are reimbursed. These things are delicate matters, and take time, so we would ask our community to be patient while we get this fixed and fully investigated. As soon as we have a full plan in place we will communicate it to our users and all those affected

Interesting read.  But nonetheless I will be gobsmacked if they actually do reimburse 70 million dollars.  I think it highly likely this is an exit scam and they are just saying this  to give themselves more time to get away.  I really can't see money coming back.  Nor do I believe they have received "tens of thousands of messages" that are supportive.  Call me a cynic, but I lost around $3k in nicehack and have written it off in my mind as gone.  $70 million is a lot of money that can tempt even those not generally inclined towards dishonesty.

But I would be so happy to be wrong!
Anon11073

Activity: 896
Merit: 289

Twitter: @BTY_11073

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 02:54:04 AM

Well, probably not all BTC will come back. NiceScam will steal all BTC and escape without restoration.
And I think they will launch new services and scam again. A really terrible scammer...

I'm a former moderator of Bitcointalk Japanere borad.
Decred is a true community governance cryptocurrency.
poby

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:59:14 AM

I think most likely is they will restart and say they will repay the moneys with zero fees for those with a stolen credit until the credit is repaid.  That won't help me as it would take years for me to get back the $3000 I lost and in any case, I will not be using them again even with zero fees.
Rodderman

Activity: 88

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:43:34 AM

Someone got one of the engineers credentials? LOL were the cold storage wallets encrypted, I am very sure they were, so how the heck did they get the pass phrase also!
errata

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:17:06 AM

Close the tab.
Shut down the computer.
Go away.

Wink

invest ? Not getting paid has nothing to do with investment

"Not getting paid" means that you did invest something (your time, your effort, hashing power or whatever else) and therefore expect something else in return (coins, money, recognition or whatever else). Not receiving the latter in any form can always be interpreted as "not getting paid".

I can rephrase my advice also: DON'T TRUST BALKAN PROMISES, IN WHICHEVER FORM THEY APPEAR! (and never forget to do your homework Tongue)
Irlasos

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:28:57 AM

When is the class-action lawsuit getting started?

it was a classic exit scam your money is gone

I saw this in twitter:

Oh my god!
We saw their faces.

What are you talknig about? did you guys read CEO speaks at wikitribune?

Seems i was wrong like you but More info for you

https://www.wikitribune.com/story/2017/12/11/technology/nicehash-ceo-speaks-out-after-60m-cryptocurrency-hack/27212/

It does not explain how their cold wallets were compromised.
Dazdingo

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

main dev SyncAi.net

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 06:34:27 AM

waiting  for official investigation

CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 06:53:28 AM

@Irlasos   what cold wallets? lol   
they were dropped over a year ago from bitgo (before BitGo went defunct) as they refused to HAVE cold wallets, stating "needing funds for payouts" (kinda true, but 4000 BTC worth? ya, um, no. )

from...?   they were based in Solvenia, i have friends there, they assure me the detectives there couldn't find a paper bag.
good luck on THAT, do you even have a statement from them (authorities) ?,  or only the paid propaganda from random sites from reddit? lol....

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Irlasos

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:49:41 AM

they were dropped over a year ago from bitgo (before BitGo went defunct) as they refused to HAVE cold wallets, stating "needing funds for payouts" (kinda true, but 4000 BTC worth? ya, um, no. )

from...?   they were based in Solvenia, i have friends there, they assure me the detectives there couldn't find a paper bag.
good luck on THAT, do you even have a statement from them (authorities) ?,  or only the paid propaganda from random sites from reddit? lol....

Please read the image I posted some posts ago. They clearly explained they use cold wallets.
Wei H
Legendary

Activity: 1192
Merit: 1001

Chinese translator

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 12:06:18 PM

I saw this in twitter:

Oh my god!
We saw their faces.

Maybe we can just stop all these "conspiracy theories".... Or we will consider everything in this world is a scam.
errata

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:40:13 PM

I saw this in twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ91uSSUIAAdOpb.jpg

Oh my god!
We saw their faces.

Maybe we can just stop all these "conspiracy theories".... Or we will consider everything in this world is a scam.

Maybe because human greed made lots of things "a scam" nowadays? Wink
Ramon1

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:15:37 PM

Please read the image I posted some posts ago. They clearly explained they use cold wallets.

Nicehash has explained many things to this date, how many of them were true remains to be seen, the entire cold wallets thing though it's almost certain it wasn't like that at all.

The bottom line is that those 4k btc where there for the taking, too big of a temptation, who took them for real we will never know for sure.
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: