Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:19:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NRS|NoirShares] POW ENDING at 50k | DACs | MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE 6/23/2014  (Read 141580 times)
Mario241077
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

ORB has a good chance to grow.

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:33:57 AM

very quiet here;)

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crz

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:16:19 PM

very quiet here;)

Happy mining and buying :-)

Branding/Graphics, UI/UX Designer, Front/Back-end Developer. (IRC (freenode): crz)
uaedroid

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:36:09 PM

Please help, I still can not open my NRS wallet after the issue. It is saying "Error loading blkindex.dat. How to fix this one? Thanks.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 02:16:03 PM

lets get voting over at cryptsy if u haven't already done so https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/4000274154/page/last#post-4000303430
wallace512

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:43:15 PM

What's the PoS rate on these? Thanks Smiley

Copied from first page:

80 shares per block initially
5 minute block time
Per block difficulty adjustment
5 million coins will be produced via PoW
5% block reward reduction every 3000 blocks
3% stake, minimum stake age is 7 days, full age 14 days
Transaction fees at 0.01 NRS are destroyed in an attempt at aggressively countering inflation due to mining and stake
As the chain progresses and transitions to relying more on PoS blocks, it becomes highly energy efficient in comparison to pure PoW coins.
This weaning of reliance on high powered machines encourages the average user to be able to have a functioning node that if used properly can be profitable.
noirtalks (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:23:00 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 08:01:59 PM by noirtalks

some minor updates to OP, keep voting on mintpal swisscex and cryptsy!

hyz
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:25:29 PM

some minor updates to OP, keep voting on mintpal and cryptsy!

what updates? details?

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:35:11 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 07:45:53 PM by Mario241077

Please help, I still can not open my NRS wallet after the issue. It is saying "Error loading blkindex.dat. How to fix this one? Thanks.

delete in the folder C: \ Users \ your username \ AppData \ Roaming \ Noir Shares

blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat

only this

NOT wallet.dat

noirtalks (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:37:34 PM

what updates? details?

just some rewriting for easier comprehension
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:47:03 PM

with NoirShares is not a coin, it is a share of an equity company! Cheesy

Iam excited

CombatVolcano

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:47:26 PM

What the hell is the deal with noirbits noirshares noir anything?

The coin launched and died. Then like a month or something later a new website appears about an IPO and then vanishes having never done one. At one point the chain forked and at another point you couldn't download the blockchain anymore.

Now there's this and... er? What was with all the false starts? Why is this one any different?

I admit I might not know the whole story... but this is my perspective on it having watched on and off since noirbits was a whisper. In my mind I'm tired of seeing the "noir"-anything name on stuff. It's like these guys REALLY want to do something but keep on... not.
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:51:17 PM

The coin launched and died. Then like a month or something later a new website appears about an IPO and then vanishes having never done one. At one point the chain forked and at another point you couldn't download the blockchain anymore.

Now there's this and... er? What was with all the false starts? Why is this one any different?

I admit I might not know the whole story... but this is my perspective on it having watched on and off since noirbits was a whisper. In my mind I'm tired of seeing the "noir"-anything name on stuff. It's like these guys REALLY want to do something but keep on... not.

noirbits is not death, it lacks only the interest mining with it. because of the rate situation
noirbits runs great when it is hashed.

noirshare running after a small error also super

at the moment I can tell you, I buy almost every day noirbits a small quantity. but not much of the first focus is on noirshare

noirtalks (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:52:31 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 08:01:52 PM by noirtalks

Growing pains, NoirShares is not a simple coin, there are many elements involved and we are working on streamlining the whole experience. There are plans for NoirBits and NoirShares within the ecosystem. Noir Group is more software company than "coin". Thanks!

hyz
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:05:25 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 08:15:59 PM by Mario241077

https://www.swisscex.com/voting here too

Swiss made is worth working Smiley

btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:45:32 PM

I agree. Noirbits never seemed to take off and then Noirshares came out. There were two NoirShares announcement thread by two different team members. We are two people telling you it is confusing. I bet there are many more who looked at the first post and give up. A large percent of the people on this forum are miners. You have to read carefully to figure out that this is still mininable. Noirshares has been on my website, The CPU Coin List for a while. The info page has been partially incomplete because I don't see the information. Was there a premine? What about insta-mine?

I know there is a GPU miner, but the previous posts suggest that CPU mining is still possible. Today I am going to setup the CPU mining on my computer and find out for sure. I will probably write up a how-to.
noirtalks (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:58:08 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 08:01:03 PM by noirtalks

I agree. Noirbits never seemed to take off and then Noirshares came out. There were two NoirShares announcement thread by two different team members. We are two people telling you it is confusing. I bet there are many more who looked at the first post and give up. A large percent of the people on this forum are miners. You have to read carefully to figure out that this is still mininable. Noirshares has been on my website, The CPU Coin List for a while. The info page has been partially incomplete because I don't see the information. Was there a premine? What about insta-mine?

I know there is a GPU miner, but the previous posts suggest that CPU mining is still possible. Today I am going to setup the CPU mining on my computer and find out for sure. I will probably write up a how-to.

Confusion is understandable, but the team is getting everything together. There was one pre-mine block at #10. The original NoirShares announcement thread was closed to start a new announce with better control and updates. The coin is currently still in PoW on various pools such as ypool and blockquarry for both CPU and GPU. A how-to is appreciated, a really good how-to might qualify for some bounty!

hyz
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:00:38 PM

not a coin, is a share Smiley

btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:05:10 PM

Confusion is understandable, but the team is getting everything together. There was one pre-mine block at #10. The original NoirShares announcement thread was closed to start a new announce with better control and updates. The coin is currently still in PoW on various pools such as ypool and blockquarry for both CPU and GPU. A how-to is appreciated, a really good how-to might qualify for some bounty!

I was just looking at the pools. I cannot figure out the h/s on ypool, but based on the amount of workers, it looks like ypool has about 98%. Isn't that an issue?

EDIT - If I assume ypools collisions/h is supposed to be hash/h than they have >74% of the network hash.

not a coin, a share Smiley

I understand it is a share, that's why I never said coin.
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:08:10 PM

it is similar to pts, only here is still btc mine to the increase in equity, daily

MiningViking

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:46:08 PM

Still interested in buying general fund shares if someone is willing to sell, PM me with price per 1/10:th of a share.

Iraq!? Afghanistan!? Bring your boys back home and drop a few big ones!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: