Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 12:35:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MiningRigRentals.com - Web pool manager - Easy Mass Rentals - Algos!  (Read 71132 times)
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:49:02 PM

eu and west 1  and central1 are down. customers may start asking for compensation.  been down for approx 1 hr.

Hello, the servers were not "down" the reporting was just stuck. If a rig is rented out and the renter's pool fails (most renters don't set backups) then MRR will drop your connection to MRR servers. This is done purposefully so that your rig can begin hashing at a locally defined favorite pool. If your renter corrects the problem then you have the ability to compensate the renter (if you so desire) without loss to you (you were hashing locally for yourself). If you have any issues, please open a ticket as we'll be glad to dig into your specific claim and or compensate any and all parties if necessary. Thank you!

Thanks!

However the pools were definately down as my miners did not default to my personal pool.  They just stopped hashing as they had no "live" pool. Please note in my miners config I have your servers
1.EU
2. West1
3. Central1

I do not have space for a fourth pool, otherwise it`d be a personal pool of my choosing.  As your severs went down, my miners stopped hashing completely, and did not default to my usual pool.

All three of my units reported that those 3 pools were dead.  You are right though, after an hour they did restart and catch up.

Thanks again.
miningrigrentals (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 04:15:19 PM

eu and west 1  and central1 are down. customers may start asking for compensation.  been down for approx 1 hr.

Hello, the servers were not "down" the reporting was just stuck. If a rig is rented out and the renter's pool fails (most renters don't set backups) then MRR will drop your connection to MRR servers. This is done purposefully so that your rig can begin hashing at a locally defined favorite pool. If your renter corrects the problem then you have the ability to compensate the renter (if you so desire) without loss to you (you were hashing locally for yourself). If you have any issues, please open a ticket as we'll be glad to dig into your specific claim and or compensate any and all parties if necessary. Thank you!

Thanks!

However the pools were definately down as my miners did not default to my personal pool.  They just stopped hashing as they had no "live" pool. Please note in my miners config I have your servers
1.EU
2. West1
3. Central1

I do not have space for a fourth pool, otherwise it`d be a personal pool of my choosing.  As your severs went down, my miners stopped hashing completely, and did not default to my usual pool.

All three of my units reported that those 3 pools were dead.  You are right though, after an hour they did restart and catch up.

Thanks again.

They will never default to your MRR pools because you are rented out. That's disabled until your rental is over. You would be much better served to use:

1. EU
2. East
3. Favorite pool.

So in your case, the renter's pool likely failed, your MRR pool is disabled and your local config had no other pools listed. However, with the settings above, your renter's pool fails, it tries East but won't connect because their are no working pools at MRR (renter's pool failed, your pools are disable) and so it hashes at your favorite pool (#3).

I hope this clears things up Wink

Rent some Hash @ MiningRigRentals!!Lease out your rig, or rent some extra hash today! Live Hashrate graphs, multiple backup pools, many algos and fast and friendly support as well Wink
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 05:32:12 PM

Thanks!

1.EU
2. West1
3. Central1

Thanks again.

They will never default to your MRR pools because you are rented out. That's disabled until your rental is over. You would be much better served to use:

1. EU
2. East
3. Favorite pool.

So in your case, the renter's pool likely failed, your MRR pool is disabled and your local config had no other pools listed. However, with the settings above, your renter's pool fails, it tries East but won't connect because their are no working pools at MRR (renter's pool failed, your pools are disable) and so it hashes at your favorite pool (#3).

I hope this clears things up Wink

Gotcha.

Thanks Smiley
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 08:52:51 PM

CONTEST 500 FRESH COIN GIVEAWAY!
Want to win 500 FRSH coins? Simply tweet @miningrigrental a photo of your pet with the letters "MRR" on a card in the photo and one lucky tweeter will win 500 FRSH coins!

FRESH Mining Rigs Available!

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/fresh

Rent some Hash @ MiningRigRentals!!Lease out your rig, or rent some extra hash today! Live Hashrate graphs, multiple backup pools, many algos and fast and friendly support as well Wink
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 02:40:53 AM

We didn't publicize this much but our v1 API was released. Please see: https://www.miningrigrentals.com/apidoc

vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 07:18:11 AM

Can someone at MRR contact me urgently please?

Thanks
sandpaper

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:36:15 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 03:51:59 PM by sandpaper

SO I can no longer connect from this computer to MRR website, but on my phone I can... Hmmm Idk what happened =(

edit: now i can... (hashing is doing fine, just the connection so ya it was probably cloudflare)
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 03:19:18 PM

SO I can no longer connect from this computer to MRR website, but on my phone I can... Hmmm Idk what happened =(

Perhaps cloudflare messed up for your connection? You could try hard refreshing your browser and or trying a different one. We have no other reported issues from anyone else.

miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 03:43:07 AM

Updates pushed live on 7-14-2014:

• Mass rental profiles now you can rent 100s of rigs at once with only a few clicks
  • Myriad-groestl section created and split from Groestl

coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 02:51:04 AM

Mass rental profiles now you can rent 100s of rigs at once with only a few clicks

This is very useful and will help manage IPM pools, I have just tried it.

The only feedback I have is that it would be easier to use if the 'quick rent' box floated on the page, otherwise you need to continually scroll up and down to see your current order as you add miners. Also a button to empty the quick rent box would help.

It would be helpful if users could create orders for hashing power which miners could fill, for example 2.6GH/s at 0.00095 BTC per MH for 24 hours. Miners could then 'fill' the order with their rigs until the order is full.

Finally, do you have an estimated time as to when we may be able to order rigs via the API, this would be a very valuable addition.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 02:53:18 AM

Mass rental profiles now you can rent 100s of rigs at once with only a few clicks

This is very useful and will help manage IPM pools.

It would be helpful if users could create orders for hashing power which miners could fill, for example 2.6GH/s at 0.00095 BTC per MH for 24 hours. Miners could then 'fill' the order with their rigs until the order is full.

We have a feature request list that is quite long but I assure you we are constantly working on the "next" feature/project.  Thanks for the suggestion.

coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 02:54:16 AM

Sorry I edited my above post with more points.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 06:08:51 AM

Sorry I edited my above post with more points.

Noted. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 5055

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:53:41 PM

Rig went down during lightning storm last night, why didn't I receive an alert that rental was down?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 02:10:33 PM

Rig went down during lightning storm last night, why didn't I receive an alert that rental was down?

We currently do not provide email alerts for rigs that go offline. Rig communications does email both parties.  We'll look to add this.

vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 06:39:42 AM

Hi guys,

Went to update my account and it keeps asking for my pin number. where do I find this? Was it sent to me in an email?

Thanks
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:37:33 PM

Too many people don't leave a rating. The rating should be automatic, calculated on hash advertised and hash received. I always have my hash under stated but others don't and I  seem to get similar ratings as those whose average fall below their advertised rate. Also there needs to be a clearcut ending average number to look at for the timeline of each rental and the percent of the over/under from the advertised rate should be displayed on the rental page.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:04:14 PM

Hi guys,

Went to update my account and it keeps asking for my pin number. where do I find this? Was it sent to me in an email?

Thanks

You set this when you originally set your account. Enabling 2fa leaves this unused.

miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:07:16 PM

Too many people don't leave a rating. The rating should be automatic, calculated on hash advertised and hash received. I always have my hash under stated but others don't and I  seem to get similar ratings as those whose average fall below their advertised rate. Also there needs to be a clearcut ending average number to look at for the timeline of each rental and the percent of the over/under from the advertised rate should be displayed on the rental page.

It's as if you were in our IRC channel yesterday. Automatic ratings is being worked on at the moment (although we find that with our service, renters don't care as much about rating). They will be calculated on accepted shares. The rental average was also requested yesterday. We have the backend code in place for this and simply need to create the front end display to enable this feature. Soon!

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:05:51 PM

It's as if you were in our IRC channel yesterday. Automatic ratings is being worked on at the moment (although we find that with our service, renters don't care as much about rating). They will be calculated on accepted shares. The rental average was also requested yesterday. We have the backend code in place for this and simply need to create the front end display to enable this feature. Soon!

Lol funny, great minds think alike. Wink

I had considered posting my WU rate in the title.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: