Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:06:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: cryptoGlance [v2.1] :: Open-source, self-hosted, multi-rig monitoring tool!  (Read 130213 times)
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:59:56 PM

We'll see what information we can get back from the cgminer devs. CryptoGlance isn't doing very much with cgminer, just a few API calls. It's very unlikely we're doing anything to cause it to hang.
Yea, it seems odd, but it is repeatable on my client anyway.

Also, I'm running 2.1.0.4-beta, but I don't see change notes for that version, more bug fixes?
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:17:01 PM

Experienced a glitch tonight and not sure if it was cryptoGlance that caused it, but here's what happened.

I checked in on my miners with the android app from work this afternoon and notice that "one" miner (more than one device, it's a laptop with 5 USB miners: 4x nanofury sticks and a U3) had over 200 of the little grayed out devices.  For some reason the 4 nanofury sticks kept reseting and creating new devices, so I went to manage and restarted the miner to see if that would fix it.  It did not, so I called home and had my wife unplug the usb hub that the 4 sticks were in.  When I got home the cgminer on the laptop that controls these miners would not respond to any command, it didn't respond to any key strokes.  It was running fine, the U3 chugging along, but I had to force the command line closed.  Then I power cycled my usb miners and restarted everything just fine.

I'm curious if the remote miner restart would have caused cgminer to become non-responsive?  It's possible whatever was causing the sticks to reset over and over was actually what made cgminer unresponsive, but just thought I'd toss this out there in case.
That's odd... I've ran into a simular issue in the past, ironically it was with HexFury USB miners. I believe this is a cgminer issue or driver issue. CryptoGlance only uses API calls, they do not effect USB devices and their connectivity

The USB connectivity wasn't the glitch I was trying to highlight, it was the unresponsive cgminer after the restart.  I tried it again and it seems the "restart miner" command issued remotely from the app will cause cgminer to become non-responsive to keyboard commands.  I haven't tried if I restart miner from the desktop application, but I have to imagine it will have the same results.
We'll see what information we can get back from the cgminer devs. CryptoGlance isn't doing very much with cgminer, just a few API calls. It's very unlikely we're doing anything to cause it to hang.

Are you using mobile miner as the app or the cryptoglance app. What Nwolls explained was that there could be to many api calls loading up the miners. That was in my case S3+ and S5 also and they both use Cgminer. I am cgminer 4.9 and have not seen the problem lately.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
cryptoglance (OP)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 05:20:17 PM

Yea, it seems odd, but it is repeatable on my client anyway.

Also, I'm running 2.1.0.4-beta, but I don't see change notes for that version, more bug fixes?
2.1.04-beta was an addition to the fix implemented in 2.1.03-beta. Basically it should have gone 2.1.0.1 straight to 2.1.0.4

cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 05:21:24 PM

Experienced a glitch tonight and not sure if it was cryptoGlance that caused it, but here's what happened.

I checked in on my miners with the android app from work this afternoon and notice that "one" miner (more than one device, it's a laptop with 5 USB miners: 4x nanofury sticks and a U3) had over 200 of the little grayed out devices.  For some reason the 4 nanofury sticks kept reseting and creating new devices, so I went to manage and restarted the miner to see if that would fix it.  It did not, so I called home and had my wife unplug the usb hub that the 4 sticks were in.  When I got home the cgminer on the laptop that controls these miners would not respond to any command, it didn't respond to any key strokes.  It was running fine, the U3 chugging along, but I had to force the command line closed.  Then I power cycled my usb miners and restarted everything just fine.

I'm curious if the remote miner restart would have caused cgminer to become non-responsive?  It's possible whatever was causing the sticks to reset over and over was actually what made cgminer unresponsive, but just thought I'd toss this out there in case.
That's odd... I've ran into a simular issue in the past, ironically it was with HexFury USB miners. I believe this is a cgminer issue or driver issue. CryptoGlance only uses API calls, they do not effect USB devices and their connectivity

The USB connectivity wasn't the glitch I was trying to highlight, it was the unresponsive cgminer after the restart.  I tried it again and it seems the "restart miner" command issued remotely from the app will cause cgminer to become non-responsive to keyboard commands.  I haven't tried if I restart miner from the desktop application, but I have to imagine it will have the same results.

Are you using mobile miner as the app or the cryptoglance app. What Nwolls explained was that there could be to many api calls loading up the miners. That was in my case S3+ and S5 also and they both use Cgminer
Hmm, I must be lucky. I was playing with the idea of constant updates (no delays between updates), however I see this would be an issue now.

Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:29:13 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2015, 11:04:12 PM by Mikestang

Are you using mobile miner as the app or the cryptoglance app. What Nwolls explained was that there could be to many api calls loading up the miners. That was in my case S3+ and S5 also and they both use Cgminer. I am cgminer 4.9 and have not seen the problem lately.

No, I'm not using mobile miner, just the CG app.

I check in on them all day long, it's only when I "reset restart miner" that cgminer on the desktop stops responding to the keyboard.
cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 06:08:33 PM

No, I'm not using mobile miner, just the CG app.

I check in on them all day long, it's only when I "reset miner" that cgminer on the desktop stops responding to the keyboard.
Reset or restart?

Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:03:17 PM

Reset or restart?

Restart miner, fixed post above.
cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 11:23:41 PM

Reset or restart?

What version are you running of cgminer?

Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:28:06 AM

Reset or restart?

What version are you running of cgminer?

It was the beta before this one, 2.1.0.1-beta?  I haven't tried it with .4, I can tomorrow if it would help.
Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:35:41 AM

A new Nightly + Beta has been rolled out, this is specifically for bug fixes.

Code:
    [ v2.1.0.3-beta ]

KNOWN ISSUES
    ============

- Miner Failover may report incorrect active pool

If you delete and re-add the device it comes back showing the correct pool.  Easy temp. fix for few miners (1 affected in my case).
Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:38:23 AM

If you delete and re-add the device it comes back showing the correct pool.  Easy temp. fix for few miners (1 affected in my case).

Despite my primary pool restarting several times in the last 24h and the miner going to failover pool, the deleted/re-added (since I installed 2.1.0.4-beta) device is currently displaying the correct pool it's mining to (primary).  Now, whether or not the display changed to shown the failover pool at the times I cannot say, so it's possible the pool field never changed, but I just wanted to share the observation.

I have noticed one other issue: cgminer shows several stale shares being submitted, I just watched 3 as I typed this, but crytoGlance always shows 0 for stale shares.  I understand CG can only show what the api gives it, so it this an api issue?
cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 04:53:50 AM

If you delete and re-add the device it comes back showing the correct pool.  Easy temp. fix for few miners (1 affected in my case).

Despite my primary pool restarting several times in the last 24h and the miner going to failover pool, the deleted/re-added (since I installed 2.1.0.4-beta) device is currently displaying the correct pool it's mining to (primary).  Now, whether or not the display changed to shown the failover pool at the times I cannot say, so it's possible the pool field never changed, but I just wanted to share the observation.

I have noticed one other issue: cgminer shows several stale shares being submitted, I just watched 3 as I typed this, but crytoGlance always shows 0 for stale shares.  I understand CG can only show what the api gives it, so it this an api issue?
CryptoGlance uses the Difficulty Stale value. You can double check values received from the API by pressing CTRL + D in cryptoglance. This will break you to a simple debug page. Enter the miner in question and it will spit out every value returned by cgminer.

Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 06:10:01 AM

CryptoGlance uses the Difficulty Stale value. You can double check values received from the API by pressing CTRL + D in cryptoglance. This will break you to a simple debug page. Enter the miner in question and it will spit out every value returned by cgminer.

Very cool, thanks for the tip.
Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:25:39 PM

Now this miner panel only shows the back-up pool despite my rig not having mined to the back-up in over 12 hours.  Deleting and re-adding the device again did not clear it up.  After rebooting the rig and restarting cryptoGlance it's now showing the correct pool again.  Not sure if any of this helps, if not say so and I won't clutter the thread with these reports. Smiley
cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 08:36:50 PM

Now this miner panel only shows the back-up pool despite my rig not having mined to the back-up in over 12 hours.  Deleting and re-adding the device again did not clear it up.  After rebooting the rig and restarting cryptoGlance it's now showing the correct pool again.  Not sure if any of this helps, if not say so and I won't clutter the thread with these reports. Smiley

We appreciate all reports Smiley

I'm starting to think this might be the API response. Next time this happens, can you Reset Stats instead?

vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:37:36 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 12:56:57 AM by vabchgent

Cryptoglance push any updates today. Cryptoglance is looking for my miners and cant find them windows OS?

Update oh boy- seems like if one miner freezes the rest of them don't show. Looks like the 4028 port locked up on my first miner and took the rest of them with it. Like they were mining but not showing in cryptoglance.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:32:47 AM

I'm starting to think this might be the API response. Next time this happens, can you Reset Stats instead?

Reset stats didn't seem to fix it on one machine today, had to reboot it and re-log into cryptoGlance.
lemmyK

Activity: 293

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:26:41 AM

I can not connect rig. when there copy the ip address of a Web browser that is made of of my antminer s3 and I will put some label, so it does not join

You have to allow the 4028 in the miner to talk to cryptoglance on the S3 it is not turned on by default.

At the prompt, use the command line: vi /etc/init.d/cgminer

Or if you want to do it step by step,type cd /etc/init.d and press Enter to navigate to the /etc/init.d folder.

At the next prompt, type vim cgminer and press Enter and open the cgminer file for editing.

Press the Insert key to enable edit mode. esc -i

Using the Down Arrow key, scroll down until you locate the line starting with PARAMS=    (without the # in front)

What it should look like when done.Change for your subnet 192.168.1.0/24 or 192.168.2.0/24 This is for the S3  or +

API
PARAMS="$AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POOL2 $POOL3 $_pb --api-listen --api-network --api-allow W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.1.0/24  --bitmain-checkn2diff --bitmain-hwerror --bitmain-voltage $_vl --version-file /usr/bin/compile_time --queue 4096"

Add in for S3 (just a note)
--api-allow W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.1.0/24  

save esc - :wq

Stop restart
/etc/init.d/cgminer stop && /etc/init.d/cgminer start

for God's sake I will probably have to do it with every single miner??. I have them more than one.
must be another way to control my farm. Grin
Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:04:49 PM

On the mobile app when you log in the field where you input the user name "remembers" things you typed into it previously; if you tap in that field a drop down menu appears showing all your previous entries, i.e. user names.  Is there a way to clear this data?  I cannot figure out how to do it.
cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 08:16:19 PM

I can not connect rig. when there copy the ip address of a Web browser that is made of of my antminer s3 and I will put some label, so it does not join

You have to allow the 4028 in the miner to talk to cryptoglance on the S3 it is not turned on by default.

At the prompt, use the command line: vi /etc/init.d/cgminer

Or if you want to do it step by step,type cd /etc/init.d and press Enter to navigate to the /etc/init.d folder.

At the next prompt, type vim cgminer and press Enter and open the cgminer file for editing.

Press the Insert key to enable edit mode. esc -i

Using the Down Arrow key, scroll down until you locate the line starting with PARAMS=    (without the # in front)

What it should look like when done.Change for your subnet 192.168.1.0/24 or 192.168.2.0/24 This is for the S3  or +

API
PARAMS="$AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POOL2 $POOL3 $_pb --api-listen --api-network --api-allow W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.1.0/24  --bitmain-checkn2diff --bitmain-hwerror --bitmain-voltage $_vl --version-file /usr/bin/compile_time --queue 4096"

Add in for S3 (just a note)
--api-allow W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.1.0/24  

save esc - :wq

Stop restart
/etc/init.d/cgminer stop && /etc/init.d/cgminer start

for God's sake I will probably have to do it with every single miner??. I have them more than one.
must be another way to control my farm. Grin

Once you set the API config, it should be the last time you have to touch the config. Unfortunately with pre-configured miners they do not allow API access because they want you to use their own software solution.

On the mobile app when you log in the field where you input the user name "remembers" things you typed into it previously; if you tap in that field a drop down menu appears showing all your previous entries, i.e. user names.  Is there a way to clear this data?  I cannot figure out how to do it.
This is using the previously used logins from your browser. You can probably clear this data via android browser.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: