Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:10:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should a Jewish resturant owner be forced to serve a skinhead?  (Read 9149 times)
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 03:05:44 PM

As a spinoff of the "A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for love" thread, I'm asking this question...

Should a Jewish owner of an eatery in NYC be forced by governments to serve a hungry neo-nazi skinhead, if he has the money?

How say you FlipPro?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 03:10:09 PM

yes? what are you trying to prove here, that FlipPro has double3 standards or something?
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 03:11:24 PM

"but seriously guys, REVERSE RACISM is a real problem, won't someone think of the oppressed white men who just want to keep those mischievous negroes out of their restaurants?"
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 03:29:35 PM

I'm trying to highlight the details.  RP was opposed to the singular clause in the Civil Rights Act that would force this Jewish shop owner to serve a person who hates his family, simply because the hater could (correctly) claim that it was racial discrimination at his expense.  It's not like a neo-nazi in NYC can't find another place to get a meal within two blocks, such shops are everywhere.  It may not have been a practical objection at the time, but RP was right that it would eventually become an issue.  Any shop owner that put up a sign that prohibited black people from entering that store would be on the news within a day, in the modern era, and be under a boycott that would (rightously) destroy his business within a week.  No federal force required.  RP's analysis of the situation is historicly correct, the reason that Jim Crow laws persisted for 100 years after the end of the civil war was due to racism among government agents.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 03:31:45 PM

its up to the jewish guy! his food, he decides who he wants to sell it to, and to which price.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 03:38:19 PM

its up to the jewish guy! his food, he decides who he wants to sell it to, and to which price.

Or whether or not to s[p|h]it in it.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 04:12:04 PM

Or whether or not to s[p|h]it in it.
no, not unless its a part of the recipe.

if i was the jewish guy, i would sell the nazi some food. and take his money.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 04:29:36 PM

And that is the point.  According to the Civil Rights Act, it's not up to him to decide.  He must serve anyone who enters into his 'public' establishment who has the money to pay, without regard to his race or appearances (excepting a lack of shoes and shirt).

bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 06:08:43 PM

Is there anyone here who disagrees with Ron Paul that Jim Crow laws were an example of state governments functioning outside the constitution?  Flippro?
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 06:17:45 PM

Of course.

The power to force people to associate against their will is arbitrary, because the determination of when it is appropriate to do so is a completely separate affair. If you concede that someone has that power, then what's to stop them from exercising it when the criteria for "good associations" suddenly (or gradually) changes to something you don't like?

Bottom line: forcing peaceful adults to associate against their will is wrong.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 05:35:35 AM

I agree that racial relations should be an issue handled by individual people and not in any way influenced or handled by any governmental, corporational, educational, orgizational or other collection of people and merely the reality of which through word of mouth and other spreading of informations (e.g. reddit) the actions of all things (including efforts towards racial and other discriminations) the people can decide for themselves on how to proceed.

Everything has varying values even in terms of racial discrimination.  The context of which the racial discrimination occurred and the longevity and other factors and characteristics of the single event of racial discrimination would determine the level of response and effort pursued by people that felt worth and value in responding and propagating suggestive information to others on responding as well.  And through freedom of choice the people can decide with whom to listen to and either participate or not.  Sometimes there is misinformation that is not clearly recognized, but it isn't necessary to rely on a kind of governmental, coporational, educational, orgizational or other collection of people community to tell us what is and is not misinformation and allow them to handle situations for us through fines, imprisonment or other penalties.  We can penalize such people, businesses, corporations, educational facilities, organizations, governments quite well as individual people.

Resources for which events such as occurrences of racial discrimination can be reliably documented and searched for as part of determining which business to do business with would be useful.  There are tons of sites that offer reviews and ratings, but none which offer precise and specific types of informations or evaluations especially based on specific things, such as a list of racial discriminations, or a count of how many instances and the rating of each instance, perhaps an average rating, etc.

I keep adding to this post and rambling on and on.  Perhaps I should continue to prepare it as a novel and see if I can find a publisher.
Valalvax

Activity: 437

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 05:44:17 AM

If the skinhead is not acting belligerent, yes, the Jewish guy can be required to serve him, as he has no reason beyond race to not serve him

If the guy is acting like an ass, or mistreating employees, he can be told to get the fuck out of the establishment
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 06:37:59 AM

If the skinhead is not acting belligerent, yes, the Jewish guy can be required to serve him, as he has no reason beyond race to not serve him

If the guy is acting like an ass, or mistreating employees, he can be told to get the fuck out of the establishment

What if he was belligerent in the past? What if ten days ago, he was nasty and hateful to the owner but no one else saw it? Who would be in the best position to determine whether the man should be served: the owner, or a bunch of strangers who don't know either one?

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:17:39 PM

What if he was belligerent in the past? What if ten days ago, he was nasty and hateful to the owner but no one else saw it? Who would be in the best position to determine whether the man should be served: the owner, or a bunch of strangers who don't know either one?

If he has been nasty in the past, the owner can call the police, have him removed from the premises, and a restraining order can be placed?

Do you guys EVER get off the computer? Like seriously...

Edit: Jesus Christ people on the Internet can't be this stupid -_-.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:30:31 PM

As a spinoff of the "A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for love" thread, I'm asking this question...

Should a Jewish owner of an eatery in NYC be forced by governments to serve a hungry neo-nazi skinhead, if he has the money?

How say you FlipPro?
I doubt the Jewish owner will even be @ the restaurant  Cheesy.

His workers will be the one serving him. And if they are not, I doubt the owner will give a shit what the customers personal beliefs are.

The owner is after one thing, MONEY.

Now if the Neo-Nazi is being nasty, that's a different story. Then the owner can simply call the police, and have him arrested... He isn't forced to serve "anyone".

nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 08:16:02 PM

Can a private business discriminate against people based on their political views?   

Private businesses do discriminate on many factors - for instance the "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy.

So long as you aren't discriminating on race, veteran status, ethnicity, gender, (and in some places sexual orientation), age (in some cases), or disability - I think you are generally fine under the law.  So you can discriminate against short people (lots of amusement parks), people with blue eyes, etc.

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 08:18:32 PM

It's important to note that one's race or sexual orientation are things that they have no control over, whereas one's membership in a violent racist group is the product of a conscious decision.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
Sovereign

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:37:20 PM

If he has been nasty in the past, the owner can call the police, have him removed from the premises, and a restraining order can be placed?

You're not arguing the principle, dumbass

12uB1LSPrAqeEefLJTDfd6rKsu3KjiFBpa
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:42:38 PM

I'm confused... what about all of the signs that businesses post up that say "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason".  Couldn't the Jewish owner post a similar sign, and simply refuse service to the guy while pointing at it?
Sovereign

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:47:04 PM

I'm confused... what about all of the signs that businesses post up that say "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason".  Couldn't the Jewish owner post a similar sign, and simply refuse service to the guy while pointing at it?

Should he have the right to post up that sign? That is the question and premise of this thread.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:59:10 PM

Should he have the right to post up that sign? That is the question and premise of this thread.
Got it.  So right now, it is perfectly legal (in the US) for a Jewish restaurant owner to refuse service to a skinhead.  But the question is, is that legal right ethically right.

I say, yes.  It should absolutely be a person's choice to provide service only to those who they wish to provide service to, for whatever reason they like.  If someone want to refuse service to me because I have blue eyes, then I'll laugh at them, find a different place to do business with, and badmouth that first business as much as possible.  The free market can take care of unfair discriminators rather quickly and efficiently.
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 11:10:07 PM

The free market can take care of unfair discriminators rather quickly and efficiently.

So its the free market that "ended" racial discrimination?

barbarousrelic hit the nail on the head. Let me requote him:

It's important to note that one's race or sexual orientation are things that they have no control over, whereas one's membership in a violent racist group is the product of a conscious decision.

Refusing to serve a neo nazi is IMO fine. Refusing to serve someone because he is of German descend, is not. And no, free markets wont solve that, not when the people being discriminated represent a (small) minority.

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 11:32:48 PM

Got it.  So right now, it is perfectly legal (in the US) for a Jewish restaurant owner to refuse service to a skinhead.  But the question is, is that legal right ethically right.

No, it is not, in fact, legal for a Jewish owner of a restaurant to refuse to serve a skinhead, with or without a nazi swastika tattooed on the back of his head, if that said skinhead had not (yet) committed a known criminal offense against the owner, other patrons, or establishment and he has the funds to pay for the meal.  The reality is that the clause of the Civil Rights Act that RP objected to at the time, and still does, made this (admittedly unlikely) scenario a matter of civil rights.  It granted the skinhead a right that does not exist, namely to be served equally by one who does not wish to engage in business.  This is one example of the inevitiable, yet unintended, consequences of federal laws such as this one; that charge the federal government with the task of selective enforcement of positive rights.  And yes, this is selective enforcement, because the right of the Jewish owner to not engage in business with someone he doesn't wish to is borderline slavery.  This isn't a thread about the moral aspects of this scenario, for the moral aspects are obvious enough to anyone who isn't a skinhead.  And the scenario remains rare, because skinheads (like most people) prefer to self-segregate, and thus wouldn't likely enter into such an establishment without a hidden motive, also likely malicious.  Because of this, if a Jewish owner refused to serve a skinhead, he would more than likely get away with it, but the skinhead could then sue under the Civil Rights Act and likely win.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 11:35:22 PM

The free market can take care of unfair discriminators rather quickly and efficiently.

So its the free market that "ended" racial discrimination?

barbarousrelic hit the nail on the head. Let me requote him:

Refusing to serve a neo nazi is IMO fine. Refusing to serve someone because he is of German descend, is not. And no, free markets wont solve that, not when the people being discriminated represent a (small) minority.
You make some good points.  Smiley

No, it is not, in fact, legal for a Jewish owner of a restaurant to refuse to serve a skinhead, with or without a nazi swastika tattooed on the back of his head, if that said skinhead had not (yet) committed a known criminal offense against the owner, other patrons, or establishment and he has the funds to pay for the meal.  The reality is that the clause of the Civil Rights Act that RP objected to at the time, and still does, made this (admittedly unlikely) scenario a matter of civil rights.  It granted the skinhead a right that does not exist, namely to be served equally by one who does not wish to engage in business.  This is one example of the inevitiable, yet unintended, consequences of federal laws such as this one; that charge the federal government with the task of selective enforcement of positive rights.  And yes, this is selective enforcement, because the right of the Jewish owner to not engage in business with someone he doesn't wish to is borderline slavery.  This isn't a thread about the moral aspects of this scenario, for the moral aspects are obvious enough to anyone who isn't a skinhead.  And the scenario remains rare, because skinheads (like most people) prefer to self-segregate, and thus wouldn't likely enter into such an establishment without a hidden motive, also likely malicious.  Because of this, if a Jewish owner refused to serve a skinhead, he would more than likely get away with it, but the skinhead could then sue under the Civil Rights Act and likely win.
Thanks for the explanation.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 11:38:44 PM

I'm arguing the fact that this thread is dumb as shit,  and preatty unrealistic.

And you're just a dumb fucking troll. Go back to telling people they can't use BTC cause they don't support Ron Paul LOL!!!
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 11:39:33 PM

How say you FlipPro?
I doubt the Jewish owner will even be @ the restaurant  Cheesy.

His workers will be the one serving him. And if they are not, I doubt the owner will give a shit what the customers personal beliefs are.

Now if the Neo-Nazi is being nasty, that's a different story. Then the owner can simply call the police, and have him arrested... He isn't forced to serve "anyone".

So now you're saying that jews only care about money? You, sir, are a racist.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 11:42:07 PM

How say you FlipPro?
I doubt the Jewish owner will even be @ the restaurant  Cheesy.

No OWNERS only care about money. And if they don't, then they're running a Shitty business.
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 11:44:23 PM

He could also post a sign on his door requiring that all who enter wearing a tie will have it cut off and nailed to the wall before being seated, but that isn't a legally enforcible notice.  It only has authority upon those that recongnize that it has any such authority.

And no, I didn't just make that one up.  The cut tie scenario actually happened.

RandyFolds

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 11:47:06 PM

How say you FlipPro?

No OWNERS only care about money. And if they don't, then they're running a Shitty business.

And all jews are OWNERS? That, sir, is even more offensive.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 12:19:59 AM

How say you FlipPro?

Let me whip out the troll mase.
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 12:55:02 AM

How say you FlipPro?

Let me whip out the troll mase.

mace
Sovereign

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 01:35:30 AM

I'm arguing the fact that this thread is dumb as shit,  and preatty unrealistic.

And you're just a dumb fucking troll. Go back to telling people they can't use BTC cause they don't support Ron Paul LOL!!!
You're the only troll here, pal. You don't understand what principle means. Please read MoonShadow's post

nrd525
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 04:22:02 AM

Discrimination against skin heads is not based on race, and thus is allowed by the civil rights act.  It is based on hair and politics.

The store owner is discriminating against skin heads, not all white people.

nrd525
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 04:24:09 AM

Now if you can prove that the discrimination is racially motivated, you'd have a case.  But you'd have to prove it.  Lots of white people are biased against skin heads and it isn't because of reverse racism.

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:38:16 AM

Now if you can prove that the discrimination is racially motivated, you'd have a case.  But you'd have to prove it.  Lots of white people are biased against skin heads and it isn't because of reverse racism.

You don't have to prove it.  A lawyer would simply have to be able to convince a civil jury that it's likely.  It's not criminal to through someone out for any reason, but such a lawsuit has open ended monetary risks.  No buisness owner should face such open ended civil suit risks for exercising their own right to do business with whomever they please, and not do buisness with whomever they please. 

FredericBastiat

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 04:41:01 PM

Guys, seriously?!! Is it really that hard to figure out? How is a business any different than my home, my bedroom, or my bathroom. If I don't want you there for whatever reason, then you're not welcome. Property is property regardless of it's description and purpose.

Just because you call it a business, doesn't change the fact that it's private property with general, and specific restrictions you set . It would no longer be your property if someone else got to decide what they could do with it. That would force it to be thusly communal and effectuate outright theft, not to mention the enslavement issue.

Ostracizing, and boycotting unconventional personal proclivities and behaviors probably works well enough, so leave well enough alone. Of course, what's ostracizing or boycotting if it isn't discrimination. In fact, forcing people to serve others they otherwise wouldn't, is equally as discriminating, except now your doing it at the end of a bayonet, or wasting resources defending it in a court of law. People should just grow up.

I don't like arbitrary, capricious or mean-spirirted discrimination, but I like thought crimes and social engineering even worse.

http://payb.tc/evo or
1F7venVKJa5CLw6qehjARkXBS55DU5YT59
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 04:58:27 PM

Guys, seriously?!! Is it really that hard to figure out? How is a business any different than my home, my bedroom, or my bathroom. If I don't want you there for whatever reason, then you're not welcome. Property is property regardless of it's description and purpose.

Just because you call it a business, doesn't change the fact that it's private property with general, and specific restrictions you set . It would no longer be your property if someone else got to decide what they could do with it. That would force it to be thusly communal and effectuate outright theft, not to mention the enslavement issue.

Ostracizing, and boycotting unconventional personal proclivities and behaviors probably works well enough, so leave well enough alone. Of course, what's ostracizing or boycotting if it isn't discrimination. In fact, forcing people to serve others they otherwise wouldn't, is equally as discriminating, except now your doing it at the end of a bayonet, or wasting resources defending it in a court of law. People should just grow up.

I don't like arbitrary, capricious or mean-spirirted discrimination, but I like thought crimes and social engineering even worse.
agree with you, BUT the law does not.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:05:10 PM

I like your thoughts, and I kind of said the same thing earlier on, but the free market had centuries to cure various forms of racism, and never did cure some of them, as P4man pointed out.  Unfortunately, it seems the only way to change the majority mindset on some of these subjects is to be told by the government what is right and what is wrong.
P4man

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:12:47 PM

Exactly; what it boils down to, is if you support discrimination of minorities or not. If that is your idea of freedom, your freedom to oppress or be oppressed by a majority (wether numerical or other, think apartheid), then I will have to disagree with you. Thats not my idea of freedom.

Racism breeds more racism; if you have lived all your life seeing blacks, jews, indians, gipsies or whatever being treated differently, you will accept that as the norm and treat and see them differently. No free market is going to fix that, on the contrary, a free market will most likely reinforce it, particularly if its about a small, economically unimportant minority. Boycots work both ways; business accepting to serve minorities and treat them equally risk being boycotted by a bigoted majority, and the circle wont end without some form of legislation.

Protecting the rights of minorities is IMHO a key aspect of safeguarding democracy, to avoid a tyranny of the majority.

bb113

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:15:27 PM

I like your thoughts, and I kind of said the same thing earlier on, but the free market had centuries to cure various forms of racism, and never did cure some of them, as P4man pointed out.  Unfortunately, it seems the only way to change the majority mindset on some of these subjects is to be told by the government what is right and what is wrong.

So, Ron Paul's answer to this is that the discrimination was being enforced by the government. The anti-segregation laws came into being at the same time the segregation laws were outlawed. He attributes the success of the civil rights act primarily to the latter (outlaw government-enforced segregation), while many people attribute it to the former (enforce integration).

Second, he asks if these laws are necessary today. Would any contemporary business be able to survive if it was out and out discriminating against blacks, or would boycotts take care of it?

That's basically what he said here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbJBHhqftc

I'm not sure if I completely buy it, but I follow his reasoning and it is not racist.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:18:43 PM

So, Ron Paul's answer to this is that the discrimination was being enforced by the government. The anti-segregation laws came into being at the same time the segregation laws were outlawed. He attributes the success of the civil rights act primarily to the latter (outlaw government-enforced segregation), while many people attribute it to the former (enforce integration).

Second, he asks if these laws are necessary today. Would any contemporary business be able to survive if it was out and out discriminating against blacks, or would boycotts take care of it?

That's basically what he said here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbJBHhqftc

I'm not sure if I completely buy it, but I follow his reasoning and it is not racist.
I think that because we're now in the politically-correct mindset that discrimination is wrong, it wouldn't be a problem to get rid of those laws today.  A few companies here and there would be discriminatory, boycotted, and shut down from lack of business, but overall, I think we'd be pretty good about "self-policing" those policies, now that we're in the right mindset.
P4man

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:26:27 PM

I think that because we're now in the politically-correct mindset that discrimination is wrong, it wouldn't be a problem to get rid of those laws today.  A few companies here and there would be discriminatory, boycotted, and shut down from lack of business, but overall, I think we'd be pretty good about "self-policing" those policies, now that we're in the right mindset.

You really believe that? Perhaps you are just thinking about the black minority; after nearly half a century of (on paper) equal rights, I still have my doubts about that. Im pretty sure it does not apply to a ton of other minorities. You really think there would be a big backlash against companies or individuals discriminating against, say, Muslims, or gays, or Hispanics in certain communities?
I dont think so. Heck, in many aspects and states even the law discriminates against them.

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 06:28:54 PM

Racism breeds more racism; if you have lived all your life seeing blacks, jews, indians, gipsies or whatever being treated differently, you will accept that as the norm and treat and see them differently. No free market is going to fix that, on the contrary, a free market will most likely reinforce it, particularly if its about a small, economically unimportant minority.

You might be right about that, I wasn't trying address whether a free market is capable of eliminating racism or not in this thread.  And neither was RP in respect to the Civil Rights Act.  His point, and mine, is that any such selective enforcement of a positive right by any level of government will lead to unintended consequences.  Also, the free market pretty much suppressed racism in Britain, although that wasn't an absolute job either.  The change in the laws came after the changes in the public viewpoint, and I believe that is how it always happens.  The Civil Rights Act was only possible after the paradigm shift among the electorate, leading to many of the effective clauses in such laws to be overreach for that reason alone.

P4man

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 06:44:06 PM

To be clear; I dont think Paul actually is a racist.
I do think he is misguided if he thinks governments have no business trying to regulate racism or other forms of oppression of minorities. On the contrary, I think its absolutely essential for a "free" society to ensure the freedoms of minorities.  Being allowed to be a racist prick refusing to serve  someone because of skin color or whatever, is not freedom; its the contrary, it infringes on the freedom of countless people to have a coffee, take a bus, cab or whatever.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 06:48:34 PM

You really believe that? Perhaps you are just thinking about the black minority; after nearly half a century of (on paper) equal rights, I still have my doubts about that. Im pretty sure it does not apply to a ton of other minorities. You really think there would be a big backlash against companies or individuals discriminating against, say, Muslims, or gays, or Hispanics in certain communities?
I dont think so. Heck, in many aspects and states even the law discriminates against them.
I do really believe that, yes.
FredericBastiat

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 06:53:11 PM

Let the punishment fit the crime. Protect personal property. Protect personal liberties. Do not legislate personal behavior, opinion, speech, or beliefs.

It is only when those behaviors prevent others from acting upon their personal liberties and properties is when laws should be come into effect.

Denial of service is not an overt forceful act. It does not prevent, prohibit or proscribe others from the use of their personal liberties and properties. Notwithstanding, we all descriminate in some way.

What if I said I'd never marry a green-faced person because I hate green-faced people? Are you going to create laws that force me to marry green-faced individuals due to my spiteful color discrimination? It is discrimination isn't it?

Where does the madness stop?

P4man

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 06:54:50 PM

I do really believe that, yes.

So you think its political suicide to discriminate against, say, gays? I guess thats why everyone is in favor of gay marriage or gays openly serving in the military. I guess there is no discrimination against hispanics in any of the southern states either.

P4man

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 06:57:30 PM

Let the punishment fit the crime. Protect personal property. Protect personal liberties. Do not legislate personal behavior, opinion, speech, or beliefs.

It is only when those behaviors prevent others from acting upon their personal liberties and properties is when laws should be come into effect.

So you think not being allowed to take any bus, any cab or order a meal in any restaurant does not constitute an attack on your liberty? I wonder what the hell those blacks got so upset about in the 60s.

FredericBastiat

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 09:39:17 PM

So you think not being allowed to take any bus, any cab or order a meal in any restaurant does not constitute an attack on your liberty? I wonder what the hell those blacks got so upset about in the 60s.

Who owns the bus, who owns the cab, who owns the meal? If I don't want you to ride my bus, tough. If I don't want you in my cab, tough. If I don't want you eating my meal, tough.

Get a clue.

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 09:46:02 PM

Every single example of segregation that you have just presented were universally present in southern states in the 60's because of state segregation & 'Jim Crow' laws that compelled private business owners to do so.  The "Freedom Rides" events are the prime example of this.  The cross country bus companies couldn't have cared less if there were blacks on the same bus as whites, but couldn't allow this to occur in certain states because of the law.  The same was true with the segregated bus stations, maintaining multiple facilities was more expensive than intergration, the free market most certianly would have fixed this one in the South if left to it's own devices, because that is exactly what happened everywhere else.

P4man

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 10:21:21 PM

Every single example of segregation that you have just presented were universally present in southern states in the 60's because of state segregation & 'Jim Crow' laws that compelled private business owners to do so.  The "Freedom Rides" events are the prime example of this.  The cross country bus companies couldn't have cared less if there were blacks on the same bus as whites, but couldn't allow this to occur in certain states because of the law.  The same was true with the segregated bus stations, maintaining multiple facilities was more expensive than intergration, the free market most certianly would have fixed this one in the South if left to it's own devices, because that is exactly what happened everywhere else.

These segregation laws did not exist in the northern states, yet busses, schools ets where de factor segregated there too. Free market didnt help.

More over, we are talking about blacks, a large minority, that in fact, locally had a large majority. There is an economic incentive there; an incentive that doesnt exist for tiny minorities that do not live as concentrated as blacks did (and to some extend still do).

FredericBastiat

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 11:38:17 PM

These segregation laws did not exist in the northern states, yet busses, schools ets where de factor segregated there too. Free market didnt help.

More over, we are talking about blacks, a large minority, that in fact, locally had a large majority. There is an economic incentive there; an incentive that doesnt exist for tiny minorities that do not live as concentrated as blacks did (and to some extend still do).

A free market didn't exist then either. My parents spoke of a time when they saw black men hanging from trees in the 40's and 50's and everybody just went about their business and ignored it. There's nothing free about that. A free market is one where your property, and person are not violated, and if they are, there are stiff penalties.

Blacks were not treated equitably under the same laws as other lighter skinned persons. That should have been their beef, not whether someone should serve them the same as everybody else. Similar or identical service shouldn't have been the legal issue. You preach against racism, you don't legalize it.

I hate racism, in fact, I abhor it, but I don't think laws change behaviors and beliefs just cause you write it on a piece of parchment. And besides, the side effects of violating property rights and personal behavior only makes the situation worse. Discrimination punishment is not proportional in its application. Proportionality is always key to equitable law.

nrd525
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 12:16:39 AM

One shortcoming of the argument that says people should be able to discriminate is when they have a monopoly (or near monopoly).  For instance if you look at the private bus industry in the United States, Greyhound and its affiliates own around 80% of the routes.  You can get to major cities like NYC on one of the Chinese bus company routes, but Greyhound will go to around 10-50 times more locations.

Or if you were discriminating against Muslims, in my neighborhood which has a significant Muslim community, you still wouldn't necessarily have a single bank or major grocery store (non-corner store) that is owned by a Muslim - so the non-Muslims have an effective monopoly on these things.

Separate but equal is never really equal.

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 12:23:12 AM

Every single example of segregation that you have just presented were universally present in southern states in the 60's because of state segregation & 'Jim Crow' laws that compelled private business owners to do so.  The "Freedom Rides" events are the prime example of this.  The cross country bus companies couldn't have cared less if there were blacks on the same bus as whites, but couldn't allow this to occur in certain states because of the law.  The same was true with the segregated bus stations, maintaining multiple facilities was more expensive than intergration, the free market most certianly would have fixed this one in the South if left to it's own devices, because that is exactly what happened everywhere else.

The 'de facto' segregation of the northern states was a shadow of the reality of the legally enforced segregation of the south.  It's offensive to even compare the two.  Sure, there were racists everywhere, and many of them were attracted to positions of power, particularly in the police forces, and thus crap happens.  But it wasn't officially condoned as a matter of state law north of the mason-dixon line.  For that matter, the kind of person that would pass judgements upon another human being's character, value or criminal intents based primarily upon a group identity beyond their own control is still the same kind of person that is attracted to a police career.  That much is true everywhere and always.  Tribalism cannot be stamped out of the human condition by the simple act of passing a law that prohibits it, and it's the height of arrogance (or irrationality) to believe that it could.

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 12:25:11 AM

One shortcoming of the argument that says people should be able to discriminate is when they have a monopoly (or near monopoly).  For instance if you look at the private bus industry in the United States, Greyhound and its affiliates own around 80% of the routes.  You can get to major cities like NYC on one of the Chinese bus company routes, but Greyhound will go to around 10-50 times more locations.

Or if you were discriminating against Muslims, in my neighborhood which has a significant Muslim community, you still wouldn't necessarily have a single bank or major grocery store (non-corner store) that is owned by a Muslim - so the non-Muslims have an effective monopoly on these things.

Separate but equal is never really equal.

Greyhound bus lines were not segregated except in the states that required it as a matter of state law.

bb113

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 07:12:23 AM

So now we have come to the real issue. Is it worth it to give the government power to enforce "racial integration" despite that it comes with the risk of these powers used to suppress freedom of action. Imagine what can be done with these these powers once someone you disagree with is in control. Is it worth it?

I realize that is vague but it is meant to be, just as the constitution is. What is the legal basis of corporate person-hood? 14th amendment.
mad_miner

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 07:36:59 AM

The 'de facto' segregation of the northern states was a shadow of the reality of the legally enforced segregation of the south.  

No, it was because white people would refuse to share busses and schools with blacks. The free market responded by giving what most of its customers demanded.

Anyone thinking racism and free markets are mutually exclusive, should read this:
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/courses/sgabriel/racism.htm
bb113

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 07:45:45 AM

The 'de facto' segregation of the northern states was a shadow of the reality of the legally enforced segregation of the south.  

No, it was because white people would refuse to share busses and schools with blacks. The free market responded by giving what most of its customers demanded.

Anyone thinking racism and free markets are mutually exclusive, should read this:

This is a perfect example of why I got out of this type of field. It lends itself to endless argument which can always be co-opted to support whatever someone wants it to. It is an attempt to apply logic to a situation with too many unknown variables. Where is the data to support his arguments? Is data useless? Is the fact that African Americans were enslaved for hundreds of years a data point he is using?
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 01:30:48 PM

Still a shadow of legally enforced segregation that existed in the south.  Most of the Freedom Riders grew up in the north, and were told to expect the kind of treatment that they have heard of, but never experienced personally, because they grew up in a northern state.  There is a huge difference between some racist who refuses to ride on the same bus with you, and the racist with a badge who releases the trained attack dog on you for your belief that you get to ride on the bus regardless of someone else's opinion.  Check your history books, black men in the south risked getting beaten or killed for looking a white woman in the eyes.  For that matter, they risked getting killed for sport in some areas for the act of being black.  That's real racism, and it was often condoned, if not outright committed by, the elected and appointed representatives of law and order.  If I was so inclined, I could find dozens of such cases in the old south prior to 1960 that went unpunished.  I can probably find a dozen such cases in the north also, but the perpetrators were normally prosecuted.  No one just stopped being racist because of the law being changed, or the Civil Rights Act being passed.  It took a generation of education, at least, to alter the culture; but only the hard racists in the deep south were forced into it, the Civil Rights Act made little difference to the culture of the northern states and western states, which is one reason that it passed so easily.

NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 02:10:02 PM

I don't believe you but I'll accept it as true for the sake of argument. Even assuming that's true, it doesn't matter. No business is required to give you service. You don't get to point a gun at someone and say "let me be a customer", no matter how desperately you need that good or service and no matter how arbitrary the reason for being denied service. I think it sucks that some businesses are operated by racists but that doesn't give you the right to use violence. The use of violence is justified in immediate self-defense only.
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 02:15:45 PM

If a jewish merchand has the right to refuse serving a customer for whatever reason, what's stopping a non-jewish merchand to serve jewish people?

I believe any merchand should have the right to refuse to serve any client.  And if this allows racist behaviors and ostracism, so be it.

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 11:14:17 PM

There is a real disconnect in this thread...
FredericBastiat

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 11:52:06 PM

There is a real disconnect in this thread...

Disconnect with what? Libertarians just want the least invasive and violent form of government possible. What's wrong with that? The fact that people just want to serve certain people under specific constraints may, in some cases, appear arbitrary.

But what's considered arbitrary if property ownership is already absolute? In fact, property ceases to be property when it's not exclusive anymore. Or more precisely, it merely comes into possession and control of the strongest most violent individual willing to take it from you for whatever reason they deem necessary.

Welcome to the animal kingdom and Darwinism. Let the strongest survive. Such a beautiful world we live in...

mai77

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:11:50 PM

If a jewish merchand has the right to refuse serving a customer for whatever reason, what's stopping a non-jewish merchand to serve jewish people?

I believe any merchand should have the right to refuse to serve any client.  And if this allows racist behaviors and ostracism, so be it.

Well then sure the Germans were right when they stopped serving jews and buying from jews in the 1930s. But why then all the fuss  Huh
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 06:35:09 PM

I believe any merchand should have the right to refuse to serve any client.  And if this allows racist behaviors and ostracism, so be it.

Well then sure the Germans were right when they stopped serving jews and buying from jews in the 1930s. But why then all the fuss  Huh
They started shipping them off to camps and killing them. That's kind of a no-no.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
mai77

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:56:28 PM

but the Israelis do it these days, no?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 06:59:49 PM

For that matter, so does the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_prison

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:04:19 PM

Fuck yeah!!! More nazi discussions.

dudes you are a bunch of lame necrobumpers!

foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:11:27 PM

Fuck yeah!!! More nazi discussions.
dudes you are a bunch of lame necrobumpers!

Its perfectly ok to continue an old discussion that is also an ongoing issue.

Some people choose a bi-sexual lifestyle. No one chooses to be bi-racial.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 07:14:30 PM

Some people choose a bi-sexual lifestyle. No one chooses to be bi-racial.
Yeah, you don't choose to be bi, either.

mai77

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:20:04 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2013, 05:00:42 PM by mai77

or vice versa, in fact  Wink

depends on whether he is an anti-semitism whiner  Tongue

or one of those: http://www.picturehost.eu/uploads/a03cd6150981e8658bab53f971218e8b_swast2.jpg
mai77

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:44:10 PM

which of the two cases ("vice versa") would be more likely to happen  Huh
ArmoredDragon

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:50:50 PM

Personally I believe fully in freedom of association. If you don't want to hire or serve a person for any reason at all, that is your right. Personally I'd like to have the business of even the weirdos, so I see no reason to discriminate.
mai77

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:52:06 PM

so why do the jews complain then about Germany?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 08:37:59 PM

so why do the jews complain then about Germany?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust

mai77

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 08:40:46 PM

Personally I believe fully in freedom of association.

so did Adolf Hitler presumably.
ArmoredDragon

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:40:32 AM

Personally I believe fully in freedom of association.

so did Adolf Hitler presumably.

Not sure what you're getting at with that statement, but if it is what I think it is (e.g. against unrestricted freedom of association,) then that argument doesn't really work.

Hitler believed in a lot of things that many believe in today. For example, he strongly believed that nobody but the government should have access to firearms. That describes basically all of modern Europe as well as most of the Democratic party.

Just because somebody happens to agree with hitler on one particular subject doesn't make them the same as hitler, nor does that mean they agree with fascism.

If that isn't the argument you are trying to make, then I apologize, just your comment is a bit vague.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:52:58 AM

I still can't decide. My knee-jerk reaction was "sure, I can refuse service to anyone I wish in my restaurant!" - but then, this restaurant operates within a public realm, and "public" has decided that it's not that simple. My premises are within their premises, so to say, so their rules apply. If I don't like it, I can pack my restaurant and move to the promised land. Or I can urge the public to change the rules, which may in fact be the best solution in this case (is this what RP argued?).

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 02:22:21 AM

I still can't decide. My knee-jerk reaction was "sure, I can refuse service to anyone I wish in my restaurant!" - but then, this restaurant operates within a public realm, and "public" has decided that it's not that simple. My premises are within their premises, so to say, so their rules apply. If I don't like it, I can pack my restaurant and move to the promised land. Or I can urge the public to change the rules, which may in fact be the best solution in this case (is this what RP argued?).
Or, here's an idea: If "the public" disagrees with how you use your property, they don't have to eat there. If enough of "the public" disagree with your practices, and too few of them agree, you'll have to change those practices, or go out of business.

nebulus

Activity: 490

... it only gets better...

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:37:07 AM

Why in the world would a skinhead eat in a Jewish restaurant?

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:02:54 AM

I've given a lot of thought to racism. I'm repulsed by it, but I don't think it morally wrong, at least not initially.
Just as it's not morally wrong to believe the moon landing was a hoax, it's not morally wrong to believe in the superiority of a race.

Racism is factually wrong.

Just as it's morally wrong to shoot Buzz Aldrin, it's morally wrong to shoot a Jewish person.

When violence is involved for racial reasons, it becomes morally wrong. Most of the disgust with racism comes from a combination of its obvious factual incorrectness and the moral wrongs committed in its name (lynching, the Holocaust, etc).

Forcing someone not to murder is OK, because the force is less abhorrent than the prevented act. Forcing someone to serve another person is not OK, because the force involves violence which is worse than the initial refusal of service.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 03:14:15 AM

I've given a lot of thought to racism. I'm repulsed by it, but I don't think it morally wrong, at least not initially.
Just as it's not morally wrong to believe the moon landing was a hoax, it's not morally wrong to believe in the superiority of a race.

Racism is factually wrong.

Just as it's morally wrong to shoot Buzz Aldrin, it's morally wrong to shoot a Jewish person.

When violence is involved for racial reasons, it becomes morally wrong. Most of the disgust with racism comes from a combination of its obvious factual incorrectness and the moral wrongs committed in its name (lynching, the Holocaust, etc).

Forcing someone not to murder is OK, because the force is less abhorrent than the prevented act. Forcing someone to serve another person is not OK, because the force involves violence which is worse than the initial refusal of service.
Well said.

ArmoredDragon

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:25:55 AM

Honestly I think people these days are too paranoid about racism. The unfair campaign for example is just plain asinine, when I saw that commercial for the first time I felt like whipping my dick out and slapping them all across the face.

It's stupid how even the most benign actions you can take these days can be interpreted as racism. And worse is when you try to confront it, THAT is labeled as racism. If you want to silence somebody these days, all you have to do is accuse them of being racist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovF1zsDoeM
Twerka

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:24:32 AM

Did the skinhead do it something to you? If not, and if he is a good consumer, I think he should be treated as a normal consumer.

Treat others as you would like to be treated

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
antibanker

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:25:53 AM

how about a jew visiting a restaurant run by a skinhead?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 07:25:59 AM

If he wanted to, the skinhead would be well within his rights to expel them.

It's like this: It's your property. You can decide who can, and who cannot, eat there. It's as simple as that.

ArmoredDragon

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:11:26 AM

It's like this: It's your property. You can decide who can, and who cannot, eat there. It's as simple as that.

Depends on where you live. In the US, freedom of association is a pretty well recognized concept except for when it comes to employment. There are also zero hate speech laws. In many places of Europe however, if you kick somebody out of your restaurant and he happens to be a different color from you or a homosexual, he has a pretty good case for a lawsuit against you, possibly even criminal action, even if that isn't why you actually kicked him out.
antibanker

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:59:45 PM

I bet, if a skinhead refuses to serve a jew in his own restaurant, the jew won't go down quietly. LOL

esp. in New York City aka Hymietown  LOL
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 03:39:20 PM

Depends on where you live. In the US, freedom of association is a pretty well recognized concept except for when it comes to employment. There are also zero hate speech laws. In many places of Europe however, if you kick somebody out of your restaurant and he happens to be a different color from you or a homosexual, he has a pretty good case for a lawsuit against you, possibly even criminal action, even if that isn't why you actually kicked him out.
So what you're saying is, that government laws violate rights. Tell me something I don't know. Wink

Stunna
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1278

Primedice.com, Stake.com

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:55:54 PM

If the skinhead is behaving in a civil manner then I believe that he should serve him. It is unlikely though that a skinhead would go dine and support a jewish restaurant though. Ghandi once said, "You need to be the change you wish to see in the world".

Stake.com Fastest growing crypto casino & sportsbook
Primedice.com The original bitcoin instant dice game
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 04:00:06 PM

If the skinhead is behaving in a civil manner then I believe that he should serve him. It is unlikely though that a skinhead would go dine and support a jewish restaurant though. Ghandi once said, "You need to be the change you wish to see in the world".
And if he knew you were using that quote in this context....

antibanker

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:05:21 PM

well but that does not answer the OP's question.

if jews complain about Germans boycotting them back in 1935, jews cannot boycott skinheads in 2013.

it is that simple really.

so: jews should be forced to serve anybody who is going to pay the price they demand for their service.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:06:23 PM

Skinheads are still around? That's amazing! Thought they went extinct like 90's pop music.

Anyway, a skinhead knows what he's getting into when he goes to a Jewish establishment. If the skinhead deems it appropriate, he's probably just looking for some eats. If he acts up, the owner should kick him out.

I don't understand "rights". The jewish owner should do what's best for his establishment. There is no right to kick a rowdy customer out; there is simply the most logical decision. Protect your current clientelle by keeping the peace. If, however, the skinhead eats and is peaceful and pays, it would be bad business to tell him not to come back. Of course you want him to come back; he's a paying customer, he's hungry, personal beliefs need not apply. If the Jewish owner wants to shoot himself in the foot, why does the government deem it inappropriate? It's already a hit to his business to turn clients away; if he has a good reason, he should do it.

antibanker

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:08:46 PM

well if you don't like the example, take a man of colour instead of the skinhead.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:20:55 PM

As a racist I try to avoid jewish and immigrant establishments whenever possible. Long time ago I entered jewish restaurant and asked for pig steak. Surprisingly me and my friends were kindly offered alternate kosher foods. I was dressed in black shirt with runes and black beret, cammo pants and paratrooper boots so the waitress could not mistake us for ordinary customers.

I don't want to force jews to serve me at their restaurants. By buying from them I will make them even more richer by using their business. And also I want to be allowed not to serve blacks or jews if I have my own shop. The problem might be the double standards when I'm not served at jewish restaurant because I'm known racist but I must serve niggers and immigrants at my restaurant or computer workshop.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
antibanker

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:33:03 PM

of course, a jew trying to enforce his "right to be served" might find himself without his money but a dish of nicely spiced dogshit in return.

I wonder whether a skinhead is entitled to that line of action?
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:41:49 PM

I like the motto: "Everyone gets the same rights, or nobody does." Jews don't get special treatment. Skinneads don't get special treatment. Blacks don't get special treatment. Whites don't get special treatment. But the government, in all its holiness, enables special treatment. It enables abuse; gives racists an excuse for their racism. Just another non-service the government provides.

Nobody should be forced one way or another. To believe it's okay to force, is to be a fascist. There's a surprising amount of those in a country which propagates freedom.

antibanker

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:59:35 PM

so the jews should stop whining over not being served in Germany 1935.

a novel approach!

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:14:31 PM

so the jews should stop whining over not being served in Germany 1935.

a novel approach!

They should. But they shouldn't be forced to.

antibanker

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:11:57 AM

but would they try to force a skinhead restaurant owner to serve them a dish when he refuses to serve a jew?
Stardust

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:25:09 AM

You do know that Ghandi was a friend of Hitler, yes?

As a racist I try to avoid jewish and immigrant establishments whenever possible. Long time ago I entered jewish restaurant and asked for pig steak. Surprisingly me and my friends were kindly offered alternate kosher foods. I was dressed in black shirt with runes and black beret, cammo pants and paratrooper boots so the waitress could not mistake us for ordinary customers.

Sounds like a scene from The Beliver: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247199/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
a movie that can be enjoyed by both nazis and jews alike. Wink
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 07:45:21 AM

Gandhi was everybody's friend.

I assume you're going to point to the letter, next, and so I will borrow a quote from one of the commenters here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/cconnelly/ghandis-letter-to-adolf-hitler-s3x
You may be surprised to learn that pleading with a man and then calling him a giant douchenozzle doesn't win many points in diplomacy. There is no indication in the letter that he had an actual face to face friendly relationship with Hitler, in fact it reads as one who is addressing someone they've never met.
And another:
It is a common Indian practice to address strangers as 'friend' or 'brother'. In fact Swami Vivekanand, an Indian Philosopher , while addressing a conference in Chicago in 1893, started his lecture by saying," My Dear Sisters and Brothers of America.." and he got standing ovation.

antibanker

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:55:53 AM

yes.
ArmoredDragon

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:40:25 PM

Gandhi was everybody's friend.

I assume you're going to point to the letter, next, and so I will borrow a quote from one of the commenters here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/cconnelly/ghandis-letter-to-adolf-hitler-s3x
You may be surprised to learn that pleading with a man and then calling him a giant douchenozzle doesn't win many points in diplomacy. There is no indication in the letter that he had an actual face to face friendly relationship with Hitler, in fact it reads as one who is addressing someone they've never met.
And another:
It is a common Indian practice to address strangers as 'friend' or 'brother'. In fact Swami Vivekanand, an Indian Philosopher , while addressing a conference in Chicago in 1893, started his lecture by saying," My Dear Sisters and Brothers of America.." and he got standing ovation.

Gandhi was very vocal about how he hated Khafirs (black people.)
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 03:44:23 PM

Gandhi was very vocal about how he hated Khafirs (black people.)

Oh my. Learn something new every day, I suppose.
“We believe as much in the purity of race as we think they do, only we believe that they would best serve these interests, which are as dear to us as to them, by advocating the purity of all races, and not one alone. We believe also that the white race of South Africa should be the predominating race.”

So perhaps he might approve of the use of that quote in that context after all. Undecided

antibanker

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:45:55 PM

Hitler tried a lot of avenues to follow Ghandi and not have a war. But Churchill was bought and paid for by a tiny group of jews who seeked the destruction of the British Empire, which Churchill achieved for them.
antibanker

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:04:57 PM

Should a Jewish restaurant owner be forced to serve a skinhead?

Sure! And why not? Palestine saw what happens when jews have too much wiggle room.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 05:10:11 PM

You're still here?

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:17:35 PM

Should a Jewish restaurant owner be forced to serve a skinhead?

Sure! And why not? Palestine saw what happens when jews have too much wiggle room.

Isn't there a skinhead forum floating on the web somewhere?  I'm sure you'll find lots of fascits just like you.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:18:38 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandhi_Behind_the_Mask_of_Divinity

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 05:29:27 PM

This sums it up well:
Alan Caruba, the editor of Bookviews.com mentioned the book in its December 2004 issue, and stated "We need to remember that even great men had their flaws and Col. Singh, a career military officer and student of Indian politics, Hinduism, and of Gandhi, presents his facts in a compelling way."

antibanker

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:53:04 PM

Ghandi should have written to Churchill too. After all, they did not mind Stalin attacking Poland.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:16:34 PM

Ghandi should have written to Churchill too. After all, they did not mind Stalin attacking Poland.
have you ever tried to write a post with more then 100 words, and more than 10 sentences?

skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:54:06 PM

"We need to remember that even great men had their flaws"

True, for some the following may be shocking, but even I have my flaws. I reach near perfection, but there are always those tiny little things.  Cool

That said, no one should be forced to do anything, it's the Jewish guy his restaurant, he choses who he's serving and who not.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:56:25 PM

Have you ever tried to write a post with more than 100 words and 10 sentences?

My address is in the sig.

Also, a quick peek at posting history will answer your question.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:12:48 PM

Welcome grammar nazi!

for you information's when i asked he about hims count for words in hims post's, it are a so called re-to-ri-cal-led que-sti-on.

antibanker

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:34:38 PM

True, for some the following may be shocking, but even I have my flaws. I reach near perfection, but there are always those tiny little things.  Cool

That said, no one should be forced to do anything, it's the Jewish guy his restaurant, he choses who he's serving and who not.

what utter bull.

for 70 years now the friggin' jews keep whining, complaining and lamenting over the evil Germans, who simply figured that jewish products are shit and they did not buy anything from jews anymore in 1935, so jews made no profit from hard working Germans.

now all of a sudden none of this applies anymore?

gotta be kidding  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:11:37 PM

Welcome, grammar Nazi!

I'm an idiot, please help me.

Good thing you have me.  How else would you learn anything on the Internet?

If he gave you a short answer, it's because that's all that was needed.  Nobody needs three novels to explain why the Earth is round.  You could probably fit that explanation into one or two sentences, couldn't you?

Pro tip: don't be a smartass, and then take offence to the backfire. Grin

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:12:52 AM

Welcome, grammar Nazi!

I'm an idiot, please help me.

Good thing you have me.  How else would you learn anything on the Internet?

If he gave you a short answer, it's because that's all that was needed.  Nobody needs three novels to explain why the Earth is round.  You could probably fit that explanation into one or two sentences, couldn't you?

Pro tip: don't be a smartass, and then take offence to the backfire. Grin
no, i don't need you to teach me english, becuase i dont care about my english. english is a tool, if people can understand it is good enough.
have you seen his comments? they all(mostly) have the same form:
<statement saying jews are bad>. <claim that an old and death person was controlled by jews>.

skull88

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:08:27 PM

what utter bull.

for 70 years now the friggin' jews keep whining, complaining and lamenting over the evil Germans, who simply figured that jewish products are shit and they did not buy anything from jews anymore in 1935, so jews made no profit from hard working Germans.

now all of a sudden none of this applies anymore?

gotta be kidding  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
I think a restaurant owner should have the right to serve food to whoever he wants, and you call it utter bull and your argument is about something that actually has nothing to do with it. Undecided

If it is a Jew or not doesn't actually matter in this case, or you want to force only Jewish restaurant owners to serve everybody?
A guy working hard in his own restaurant, yeah that are the jews you gotta fight, this guy has nothing to do with the jews that had and have the most power in the whole world.

antibanker

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:20:51 PM

pro-jew folks sometime are low learners.

In 1935, one would ask:

Should a German restaurant owner be forced to serve a jew?

At the time, the answer was: "hell, no!"

And the jews kept complaining. So who is wrong?
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:07:51 PM

no, i don't need you to teach me english, becuase i dont care about my english. english is a tool, if people can understand it is good enough.
have you seen his comments? they all(mostly) have the same form:
<statement saying jews are bad>. <claim that an old and death person was controlled by jews>.

That's dangerous talk; there is no such thing as "good enough."

But anyway, I apologize, I could've sworn you were referring to someone else Grin  Yeah, he really doesn't form his thoughts well.

In 1935, one would ask:

There is no right and wrong.  The Jews felt they were right.  The Germans felt they were right.

The question is: why are you so in love with these people?  You realize there's more than just this one religion, right?

antibanker

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:17:08 PM

you should become a judge or jury member and agree with all parties... LOL
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:30:33 PM

The question is: why are you so in love with these people?  You realize there's more than just this one religion, right?

antibanker

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:55:11 PM

I just try to educate people on the truth about jews. That's all.

It's plain to see for every youtube user.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:56:58 PM

3 sentences on 2 lines, you are improving my dumb friend.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:58:03 PM

That's what I'm asking.  Why?  I already know about all the conceptions and misconceptions about Jews.  What makes you so obsessed with them?

antibanker

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:02:01 PM

I'm not. I just figured that the truth about jews is not well known due to the Holocaust industry. So it's more important to properly talk the truth about jews than to say the truth about people from Finnland. The Finns spread fewer lies about themselves.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:04:53 PM

I'm not. I just figured that the truth about jews is not well known due to the Holocaust industry. So it's more important to properly talk the truth about jews than to say the truth about people from Finnland. The Finns spread fewer lies about themselves.

Almost all 220 posts of yours have been about Jews.  And we're on a website that has nothing to do with Jews.

That's an obsession.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 04:14:27 PM

Almost all 220 posts of yours have been about Jews.  And we're on a website that has nothing to do with Jews.

That's an obsession.
+1

antibanker

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:17:21 PM

well both of you are jewish or pro-jewish, so...

reality hurts sometimes!  Grin
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:21:32 PM

I'm not Jewish, nor do I sympathize with them.  However, it's kinda funny:

Most popular boards by posts:
Politics & Society      133
Off-topic      16
Bitcoin Discussion      14
Off-Topic (Deutsch)      14
Deutsch (German)      12

Most popular boards by activity:
Off-Topic (Deutsch)      1.4553%
Politics & Society      0.2858%
Trading und Spekulation      0.1794%
Other      0.1738%
Anfänger und Hilfe      0.0961%
Deutsch (German)      0.0759%
Biete      0.0481%

Off-topic      0.0189%
Mining (Deutsch)      0.0166%
Press      0.0089%

Seriously?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 04:28:13 PM

I'm not Jewish, nor do I sympathize with them.  However, it's kinda funny:

Most popular boards by posts:
Politics & Society      133
Off-topic      16
Bitcoin Discussion      14
Off-Topic (Deutsch)      14
Deutsch (German)      12

Most popular boards by activity:
Off-Topic (Deutsch)      1.4553%
Politics & Society      0.2858%
Trading und Spekulation      0.1794%
Other      0.1738%
Anfänger und Hilfe      0.0961%
Deutsch (German)      0.0759%
Biete      0.0481%

Off-topic      0.0189%
Mining (Deutsch)      0.0166%
Press      0.0089%

Seriously?

My posts kinda look like that...

But at least I'm not ranting about the jews.

Hey, isn't Antisemitism illegal in Germany?

antibanker

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:56:47 PM

It will be in Jewrmany
skull88

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:24:56 PM

In 1935, one would ask:

First of all, we are now 2013, totally different time.
Second, if you act like the ones you hate, doesn't that make you the same?

And it's nice you want to complain about the holocaust industry, which I'm not going to deny it exists. But at least get your facts straight and realise every human is different, you can't say all jews are the same and they are all bad. If one acts normal and doesn't do bad things, I'll act normal to him. If someones does things I think aren't right, I will threat him as the piece of shit he is.

I also don't think you inform a lot of people or get them behind your cause, your pushing them away.

Stardust

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:59:44 AM

It will be in Jewrmany

LOL! I had to laugh at this. Mostly because of this: https://encyclopediadramatica.se/USA
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:26:06 PM

There is no right and wrong.  The Jews felt they were right.  The Germans felt they were right.

The Germans were standing on their own land!! Who is right at their own home?
First of all, we are now 2013, totally different time.
There are things that never change. Pi was 3.14xxxxx back in ancient Greece and today. The same with nation's rights and proper order of things. They were same in 1930 Germany and are today. Only thing that changes are how government steer politics and sheeple in becoming nationless livestock without roots and higher principles in life than new iPhone.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:37:24 PM

So the Jews did not live in Germany?  News to me.

Hey, remember that guy we invited in our house?  Who the fuck does he think he is, being in our house?!  OH and I bet he's the source of all our problems, too!  Let's get him!

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:04:45 PM

Hey, remember that guy we invited in our house?  Who the fuck does he think he is, being in our house?!  OH and I bet he's the source of all our problems, too!  Let's get him!
Second quote is so true! The only significant difference is that germans did not invite jews!

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:11:30 PM

Second quote is so true! The only significant difference is that germans did not invite jews!

Imagine migrating to America, living there for most your life, then suddenly America's like "Fuck all these immigrants, I'm tired of them taking our jerbs," and thus, despite the Americans being immigrants themselves, would tell you to get out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there weren't always Germans, and there wasn't always a Germany.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 09:13:59 PM

True enough, I suppose. They'd just been there the whole time. So, perhaps it should be:
Hey, remember that guy who's been living in our house ever since we built it around him?  Who the fuck does he think he is, being in our house?!  OH and I bet he's the source of all our problems, too!  Let's get him!
Might even be fitting to say:
Hey, remember that guy who's been living in our house ever since he helped us build it?  Who the fuck does he think he is, being in our house?!  OH and I bet he's the source of all our problems, too!  Let's get him!

Jews had been living in Germany for much longer than there even was a Germany.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:17:14 PM

Wow Cheesy  Wasn't expecting that one.  So it's more like Europeans immigrating to America and kicking the natives out, in that case.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 09:27:52 PM

Wow Cheesy  Wasn't expecting that one.  So it's more like Europeans immigrating to America and kicking the natives out, in that case.
Closer - but even this is a bad analogy - to the Natives deciding to kick out all the Europeans from Oklahoma and annexing Texas.

antibanker

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:57:59 PM

Germany exist multiple times longer than friggin' Jewland, whose history may be over any time in the near future, Inshallah.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 10:07:14 PM

Germany exist multiple times longer than friggin' Jewland, whose history may be over any time in the near future, Inshallah.
You really need to work on your reading comprehension. We're not talking about Israel. We're talking about the land that became Germany. And Jews were living there long before it became "Germany."

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:40:40 PM

You really need to work on your reading comprehension. We're not talking about Israel. We're talking about the land that became Germany. And Jews were living there long before it became "Germany."
All that matters now germanic tribes lived in land what become Germany while jews were fucking goats somewhere in desert.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 11:11:52 PM

All that matters now germanic tribes lived in land what become Germany while jews were fucking goats somewhere in desert.
Actually, that never mattered.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 12:15:37 AM

god knows what they f****d in some backwater hellhole in asia. jew are intruders in Europe, they are no Europeans, never will be.
I guess that means I'm not an American, since my ancestors came over on a boat?

Pretty sure a "European" is someone who was born in Europe.

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:46:12 PM

god knows what they f****d in some backwater hellhole in asia. jew are intruders in Europe, they are no Europeans, never will be.

People are born in wrong places all over time. The homeland is place from where your ancestors came. This concept is not understandable by people who measure everything with material values.

It reminds me one old censored communist movie. In original version it was:

Army officer speaks about what is homeland. That homeland is place where you are born, says officer. Young soldier comes forward and asks
- I'm born on ship while crossing ocean. Where is my homeland then?
- Then You are without homeland!

the censored/edited version have this dialogue:

- Then You are a communist!

if the film would be censored in 21-th century western world not 1960-ties USSR, it would sound like this:

- Then You are cosmopolitan!

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 12:35:42 AM

People are born in wrong places all over time. The homeland is place from where your ancestors came. This concept is not understandable by people who measure everything with material values.

My ancestors come from England, Ireland, Germany and Hawaii. Where is my homeland?

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 12:41:34 AM

We're all from the same stretch of land that split off into what it is now.  And even if we're referring to the last 2 thousand years, my ancestors are from opposite ends of the world.  This logic makes no sense.  My home is planet Earth.  Where are you from, exactly?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 12:57:06 AM

We're all from the same stretch of land that split off into what it is now.  And even if we're referring to the last 2 thousand years, my ancestors are from opposite ends of the world.  This logic makes no sense.  My home is planet Earth.  Where are you from, exactly?

Excellent point. We've already established that every human on this planet is descended from Africans. So, I guess, he's an African. Just like me, you, and the Jews, too.

Or maybe he's from the moon.

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:16:41 AM

How say you FlipPro?

Depends.  Why is the Jewish owner refusing to serve the guy?

Civil rights laws only protects certain classes, like race, religion or national origin.  If he's refusing to serve the guy because he is a Gentile, then that is prohibited.

However, politics is not a protected class.  He can refuse to serve a neo-Nazi, a guy whose haircut he doesn't like, a Democrat, a Republican, a lawyer, because he doesn't like lawyers, or any other non-protected class.

So the short answer is no, a Jewish owner of an eatery can't be forced to serve anyone he doesn't want to serve, unless the reason is that the person falls into a very narrow set of categories of "protected classes."  Political persuasion does not enter into this.

Just as a landlord could refuse to rent to a lawyer because he decided that lawyers tend to be a pain in the ass and sue him, he could refuse to rent to a skinhead because he decided that skinheads tend to trash the place.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 04:40:20 AM

How say you FlipPro?

Doesn't matter. it's his right to refuse service for any reason whatsoever, even no reason at all.

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:45:43 AM

How say you FlipPro?

Doesn't matter. it's his right to refuse service for any reason whatsoever, even no reason at all.

So you say.  But in the world we call "reality," where things actually happen, he could have made a bad decision and excluded the guy because of his race.  In that event, the guy could sue him, win an enormous judgment, and then guys with guns would show up and seize the property.

In this thing we call "reality," there are laws that say he can refuse service to this guy, even for no reason at all, with impunity.  However, if he refuses service for the wrong reason, he loses a lawsuit, loses everything he owns, perhaps even goes to prison.

People care a lot more about what happens to them in reality than in fantasies.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 04:49:51 AM

In this thing we call "reality," there are laws that say he can refuse service to this guy, even for no reason at all, with impunity.  However, if he refuses service for the wrong reason, he loses a lawsuit, loses everything he owns, perhaps even goes to prison.
Only because of State force. Were his property rights respected, he could exclude the skinhead for no other reason than he was a goy. Freedom of association means freedom to not associate.

hammz

Activity: 143

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:16:10 AM

Everyone is born into this world bawling their brains out and crapping their diapers.

Nobody has the right to tell anyone what to do.  No such right exists.
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 02:06:02 PM

Inane bullshit
Didn't I ignore this guy already?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 02:10:39 PM

no one should be forced to do anything unless they are being forced to stop harming someone who is behaving peacefully.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 02:15:12 PM

so then boycotting jews is perfectly moral?

moral absolutely not. But neither is it moral to use violence against someone for doing that. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 02:18:22 PM

No. Let the nazi bastard starve to death. I am not jew, my head is bold, but not "skinhead". If I happen to be around your eatery, I'll help you to finish that moron.

vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:29:06 PM

yes, by all means!

go back 3 posts to read why!

customer is king, esp. in NYC!

LOL since you don't live in NYC, why don't you just shut the fuck up?
skull88

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:26:19 PM

Huh

This is not right.
Julius Ceasar was the first to call the region east of the Rhine Germania, this was before 44BC. The first Jews came to Germania at the end of 1AD. Back than the Netherlands and the Flemish and German part of Belgium also belonged to it but besides that it was the Germany we know today. The first Jews probably hadn't much trouble here because the Germanic Tribes (and Nordic ones) where not really barbarians like people assume they were. If you learn more from the Germanic and Nordic Mythology you'll realize it is a beautiful and useful faith  (and I say this as an atheist). Maybe faith is a wrong name it was more some kind of wisdom that they told to each other from generation to generation. One of the things it said was to be good for strangers, and that those strangers had another god wasn't really a problem, because you had the freedom to choose your own favorite gods, and people back than didn't hate each other because you worshiped Wodan and your neighbor Freya. This eventually let to the destruction of a big part of our culture when Christianity came in like the Trojan horse.

But when the name already existed (and the people and culture actually already existed way back before that) Judaism was still something from the desert. 

Not that this all doesn't make your reasoning correct, the Jewish restaurant owner has the freedom to choose who he serves and who not. And the people against it who seem to be very pro the German people, should actually maybe learn their (own?) culture. Because freedom is in our genes but knocked down by faith and governments who want to control us, our ancestors would disapprove to force someone to do something he doesn't want, even if he worships a god we have no connection to. We should fight for our freedom, and freedom isn't something you can throw in the ring when it's beneficial for yourself. It is something that always should be applied, even for the people you don't like. As long as you don't harm anyone, you should do what you want, the Jewish person doesn't harm anyone if he doesn't serve the skinhead, the skinhead can eat somewhere else.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:28:23 PM

The first Jews probably hadn't much trouble here because the Germanic Tribes (and Nordic ones) where not really barbarians like people assume they were.
are you telling me Asterix and Obelix did not exist?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 06:35:35 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2013, 06:57:00 PM by myrkul

Huh

This is not right.
Julius Ceasar was the first to call the region east of the Rhine Germania, this was before 44BC. The first Jews came to Germania at the end of 1AD.

Valid point, But I was speaking more along the lines of the Germany we know and love today... The culturally and linguistically linked area that pieced itself together from the shattered remnants of the Holy Roman Empire... with Jews included like raisins in a fruitcake.

skull88

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:45:35 PM

The first Jews probably hadn't much trouble here because the Germanic Tribes (and Nordic ones) where not really barbarians like people assume they were.
are you telling me Asterix and Obelix did not exist?
They were Gauls Cheesy Tongue

cypher-punk

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:44:40 AM

What is the point of focusing on a jewish person? Do they have any privilege over muslim restaurant owners? I don't think so.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:24:21 PM

What is the point of focusing on a jewish person? Do they have any privilege over muslim restaurant owners? I don't think so.
De Facto they have all privileges. World is run by jews.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:40:11 PM

implication: Bitcoin was created by a jew.

cypher-punk

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:42:07 PM

implication: Bitcoin was created by a jew.

hardly.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 02:45:50 PM

Obama claims he's christian, misdirects people into thinking he's secretly muslim, but is actually secretly a Jewish guy in blackface  Grin
cypher-punk

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:55:15 PM

Well the  Anthony Weiner (Dem.) case seemed to contradict that  Shocked let's see how well he fares...  Grin

Btw. would the question also apply if Weiner was the waiter and the skinhead was gay?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: