Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:57:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Spondoolies-Tech SP30 pre-order - Specs: 0.69$/GH + 0.46W/GH  (Read 42836 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:58:41 AM

i get it, i just dont see how 'We never said that we won't be accountable for delays'

and

'Spondoolies shall not be liable under whatsoever circumstances' can come from the same entity.

and referring to hardware sales as a 'gamble' etc

trust us, we shall not be liable for customers trusting in us.

wtf?? am i just ruined from past experiences??
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:00:34 PM

i get it, i just dont see how 'We never said that we won't be accountable for delays'

and

'Spondoolies shall not be liable under whatsoever circumstances' can come from the same entity.

and referring to hardware sales as a 'gamble' etc

trust us, we shall not be liable for customers trusting in us.

wtf?? am i just ruined from past experiences??

we all are, some of us just like the pain Cheesy
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:05:35 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 12:16:02 PM by Collider

From a practical standpoint, there isn´t too much they can do.

If they don´t deliver a product then you will be entitled your money back, fraud protection law covers you there.

As far as the exact timescale goes, it is ofcourse in the hands of the company to get everything out of the door on time.
However, what i have seen from them by now, they deployed the 1st generation on time, even finishing shipping faster than the deadlines.
(A reminder: all April units have already shipped, and April still has 10 days....)

Therefore it isn´t too much of a gamble trusting the August delivery will be on time, especially as chips are already scheduled to arrive early-mid July and a few early bird
orders will actually be fulfilled by the end of July.

IF they for any reason don´t make the deadline, i am sure they will figure out some kind of compensation.

On a side note: Hashfast had a protection against late delivery, but nobody has yet received any compensation although nearly all of their products are late, and refund requests are often ignored, although they were promised.
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 12:29:50 PM

If they don´t deliver a product then you will be entitled your money back, fraud protection law covers you there.

As far as the exact timescale goes, it is ofcourse in the hands of the company to get everything out of the door on time.
However, what i have seen from them by now, they deployed the 1st generation on time, even finishing shipping faster than the deadlines.
(A reminder: all April units have already shipped, and April still has 10 days....)

Therefore it isn´t too much of a gamble trusting the August delivery will be on time, especially as chips are already scheduled to arrive early-mid July and a few early bird

IF they for any reason don´t make the deadline, i am sure they will figure out some kind of compensation.

On a side note: Hashfast had a protection against late delivery, but nobody has yet received any compensation although nearly all of their products are late, and refund requests are often ignored, although they were promised.

Very accurate. You've saved me a lot of writing. Thanks.

Some dates:
1st gen ASICs arrived on 27 February, we had testing boards ready and working in the same day and fully working miners within 3 days (due to the weekend...)
We're taping out RockerBox in the beginning-mid of May, we'll have the ASICs ready in the beginning-mid of July.
We've already sold out our July batch (small number of miners). We'll ship all July batch during July.
We'll start producing August batch by the end of July.

As already discussed in our thread, the RockerBox ASIC is a relative simple die shrink (40nm -> 28nm) of our 1st gen Hammer ASIC. Same engine, etc.
We're doing extensive verification and FPGA simulation nevertheless.
The entire project is on track for delivery on time and on spec.

We intend to be here for a long time. In case of a Force Majeure event that will cause a delay. We'll find a way to compensate our customers and make them whole.
We don't intend to discuss the exact mechanism because it won't happen.

The deceitful respond would be "full refunds".

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:45:06 PM

The most naïve person on the planet.  What are you going to do to enforce these laws?  Are you going to travel to Gaza and hire a lawyer who will take these guys into court? 

Hahahahha!

Ask the customers of Butterfly labs about your fraud protection law.  They'll be able to give you some pointers about relying upon such things. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:26:44 PM

RawDog beat me to it but this is the entire point.

i expect Spondoolie staff to say what i want to hear, which they have. but the ToS have already been posted numerous times.

NOT LIABLE WHATSOEVER.

Then dont order and stop trashing this thread. Let others make their own decision. Ok pumpkin?
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 04:28:23 PM

i expect Spondoolie staff to say what i want to hear, which they have. but the ToS have already been posted numerous times.
NOT LIABLE WHATSOEVER.

We're going in loops here. Please PM me to continue the discussion.

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:50:43 PM

The most naïve person on the planet.  What are you going to do to enforce these laws?  Are you going to travel to Gaza and hire a lawyer who will take these guys into court?  

Hahahahha!

Ask the customers of Butterfly labs about your fraud protection law.  They'll be able to give you some pointers about relying upon such things.  
While i personally am not the institution enforcing laws in any country, your condecending argument that basically states Israel is at the end of the world is not called for.

As every civilized state it has certain laws and individuals, aswell as companies have to abide by them.

This is not some "company" somebody has set up in their back yard doing garage sales of bitcoin "miners".
They are funded by two Israeli venture capital firms and to this day conduct business in a professional and legal manner.

If you have such high doubts then simply not place an order with them.
All i can say is that the sp10 is the best miner design i have ever seen and it was delivered on time and on-spec, even overperforming.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:56:31 PM

The most naïve person on the planet.  What are you going to do to enforce these laws?  Are you going to travel to Gaza and hire a lawyer who will take these guys into court?  

Hahahahha!

Ask the customers of Butterfly labs about your fraud protection law.  They'll be able to give you some pointers about relying upon such things.  
While i personally am not the institution enforcing laws in any country, your condecending argument that basically states Israel is at the end of the world is not called for.

As every civilized state it has certain laws and individuals, aswell as companies have to abide by them.

This is not some "company" somebody has set up in their back yard doing garage sales of bitcoin "miners".
They are funded by two Israeli venture capital firms and to this day conduct business in a professional and legal manner.

If you have such high doubts then simply not place an order with them.
All i can say is that the sp10 is the best miner design i have ever seen and it was delivered on time and on-spec, even overperforming.

i dare-say i'd better vouch for that!
1.5TH/s and the most stable rig i've ever seen, you could train a horse to do point-to-point on the hashrate graph.

unbeatable.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
gurki

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:37:11 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 05:47:38 PM by gurki

Does the 0.1 secure your position in the queue or does that happen when actual payment occurs? I'm guessing it'd be the latter, but the official policy straight from Spondoolies would be a appreciated.
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:55:57 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 06:47:23 PM by RoadStress

Does the 0.1 secure your position in the queue or does that happen when actual payment occurs? I'm guessing it'd be the latter, but the official policy straight from Spondoolies would be a appreciated.

The 0.1 BTC per unit does secure you position in the queue so hurry if you want to be an early bird. Spondoolies already stated that they plan to start production for the August batch from late July. Also we are very close to the 250 units so you will get the lowest $/GH.

Edit: Only 20 units left for the 250 units price.

bigcactus

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:45:08 PM

So finally spondoolies found some people to buy their pre-orders. Well done

Discussion if they are going to deliver or not are really not uptodate IMO.

There were over 30 companies claiming they will deliver their pre-order and they will deliver in time. About 20 companies did not delivered anything. 10 delivered with at least 2 months delay. Just one could start delivering in the last days of October, so they could claim, they did it in time. The probability they will is almost 3 %, basically 0,001%.

So why are the people so fascinated about Pre-Orders? Is it this magic, I will get more for my money illusion? I guess its the fun of thinking you will get the Unicorn illusion, this finding Gold Nuggets fever. Its the Miners fate I guess

After BFL, Cointerra, Hashfast, Hashcoins, Bitmine, BFL reloaded experiences and the fact, that Chineses Companies have nowadays their own development, which is very impressive, the time of pre-orders and 'magic-miners' is IMO over.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:58:55 PM

So finally spondoolies found some people to buy their pre-orders. Well done

Discussion if they are going to deliver or not are really not uptodate IMO.

There were over 30 companies claiming they will deliver their pre-order and they will deliver in time. About 20 companies did not delivered anything. 10 delivered with at least 2 months delay. Just one could start delivering in the last days of October, so they could claim, they did it in time. The probability they will is almost 3 %, basically 0,001%.

So why are the people so fascinated about Pre-Orders? Is it this magic, I will get more for my money illusion? I guess its the fun of thinking you will get the Unicorn illusion, this finding Gold Nuggets fever. Its the Miners fate I guess

After BFL, Cointerra, Hashfast, Hashcoins, Bitmine, BFL reloaded experiences and the fact, that Chineses Companies have nowadays their own development, which is very impressive, the time of pre-orders and 'magic-miners' is IMO over.

Don't you run a scammy mining operation?

You do realize spondoolies has had no problem selling and actually shipping preorders right?
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 08:35:58 PM

After BFL, Cointerra, Hashfast, Hashcoins, Bitmine, BFL reloaded experiences and ...

Hmm
No KNC "20nm" in the list. I'm wondering why...

(One big cactus at the airport. If you don't understand the reference, Google Cactus + Israeli. I'm amused)

tazdas

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:16:16 PM

The 0.1 BTC per unit does secure you position in the queue so hurry if you want to be an early bird. Spondoolies already stated that they plan to start production for the August batch from late July. Also we are very close to the 250 units so you will get the lowest $/GH.

Do we get a reply on the BTC payment PM and position in he queue ?
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:24:17 PM

Do we get a reply on the BTC payment PM and position in he queue ?

Yes you do, but somehow i managed to skip you. Nothing personal.  You can check your position in the queue by looking on he Blockchain and searching for your txid: https://blockchain.info/address/14m389VKt1zTGsoLzzSmSP36fHuLjH3fBq

gurki

Activity: 102

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:22:16 AM

Cool, thanks Roadstress.
bitmanaus

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:55:53 AM

I would love to be able to purchase a unit at this price, but will not have the full funds until end of June start of August, is there any way we can reserve our place in the queue at this special price by paying a bit more BTC up front and then the balance in USD before shipping? Would really love to be able to get one of these units having heard great things about the SP10
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:06:53 AM

Code:
[14:59:51] <+QG> ;;balance 14m389VKt1zTGsoLzzSmSP36fHuLjH3fBq
[14:59:53] <+gribble> 23.40021

16 more needed!! as if big order 185 wouldn't bail us out now for the $300 * 185 savings he would receive.

RoadStress; are you getting a unit?

Cheers,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:31:08 AM

OK, im in.

Let me know if all is ok.

Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: