Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:41:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Spondoolies-Tech SP30 pre-order - Specs: 0.69$/GH + 0.46W/GH  (Read 42864 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:28:57 PM

mate good luck on the group buy, probably the best deal I have seen, just cant cough the cash in time for this one

Thank you.

paranoidx

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:49:31 PM

So what would our incentive be to reach 1,000??  Roll Eyes
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:56:48 PM

It's under negotiations.

tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:48:56 PM

In terms of hash rate, right now it's around 60 million ghash.  If BFL ships 20,000 Royal Monarchs plus regular Monarchs, the Hashrate will be an additional 32 million.  Around a 50% increase in hash rate.  If you through all the rest of the companies like KNC, Asicminer, etc.  You're going to double the difficulty.  But then it gets really difficult to try and double it again because there just aren't that many orders out there.  And a lot of miners have switched to Scrypt mining.  Plus, a doubling of the hash rate is going to cause older 65nm and below equipment to go offline for those ordinary people who pay their electric bill. 

So I would not expect the Hashrate to triple by August.  It IS going to spike, and ROI is going to be further out, but I believe it'll ROI. 

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
bones

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:58:47 PM

Hi Roadstress,

Just letting you know thats a bad comparison

sept - jan     4 months
jan   - april   3 months

I did the math on the SP30 (the 3x package) and it doesn't look like this hardware will ROI with current prices.
Please correct me if I'm wrong:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvhh105nmgfokdv/profit.xlsx

As mentioned in the Spondoolies Tech reply that's not the correct price for 3 units if you want to participate in this Group Buy. You can even get less than 4995$ if you have a previous order with any other manufacturer.

Even if it doesn't look like it, i still believe that difficulty is slowing down and let me explain you my view:

Sep 04 2013    86,933,018
Jan 02 2014    1,418,481,395
Apr 05 2014    6,119,726,089

I took these example of past difficulty because they are on similar dates so it's easier to calculate things.

From Sep to Jan we had an increase of 16 times, while from Jan to Apr we have an increase of just ~4.x times.
Let's compare in BTC too. Examples are for 1TH/s:
- with the Sep 4 difficulty - 5.78BTC/day;
- with the Jan 2 difficulty - 0.35BTC/day;
- with the Apr 5 difficulty - 0.07BTC/day.

This is for me a clear sign of slowing down. Also if we take into considerations your example please explain me how do you expect to have a 35 billion difficulty on 29 August and 70 billion just 2 months late which is simply unrealistic. This group buy will add just 5.4 PH in August, maybe 6-7PH in September and 7-8PH in October.
Secondly, considering that there are only 2 companies that i know that are working on their next gen chip (KnC and AM) it also means that there won't be so many units available for sale in that period of time.
Thirdly, if there are more people that think like you then from the start you are wrong because the whole big rush that we witnessed last year is more or less gone this year. Last year i saw Avalon team grab a couple of million $ in a matter of a few days just for chips. People had to pay for assembly too. There were MUCH more of money being invested and a lot FASTER too in mining equipment last year than this year. (i think HF got 25 mil$ from preorders and so on).
So claiming that people will invest a lot more and much faster than the last year is simply wrong and bad intended. There is someone else that pointed the difficulty thing earlier in this thread and i asked him to take difficulty speculations to some other thread. This thread is for people interested in the group buy, not for difficulty speculations. As i see you only have a single post outside Spondoolies threads. If i will delete some of your posts i hope that you understand why.

Edit: It seems that i'm not the only one to think that we can't keep adding MWs like crazy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg6324550#msg6324550
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:36:08 PM

In terms of hash rate, right now it's around 60 million ghash.  If BFL ships 20,000 Royal Monarchs plus regular Monarchs, the Hashrate will be an additional 32 million.  Around a 50% increase in hash rate.  If you through all the rest of the companies like KNC, Asicminer, etc.  You're going to double the difficulty.  But then it gets really difficult to try and double it again because there just aren't that many orders out there.  And a lot of miners have switched to Scrypt mining.  Plus, a doubling of the hash rate is going to cause older 65nm and below equipment to go offline for those ordinary people who pay their electric bill.  

So I would not expect the Hashrate to triple by August.  It IS going to spike, and ROI is going to be further out, but I believe it'll ROI.  

Sorry, but having BFL and "ship" in the same sentence just doesn't make any sense. We all know how they shipped their first gen ASIC and they already face a 5 months delay just for having chips. Shipping 20k Monarchs will never happen. Never!

Hi Roadstress,

Just letting you know thats a bad comparison

sept - jan     4 months
jan   - april   3 months

As I said I got my examples just to have similar dates. There are just 2 more weeks until we will have 4 months (jan-may) and will see, but considering that we only have ~4.x% for 3 months i don't see how can we get close to the 16x for the previous 4 months.

bones

Activity: 248

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:51:13 PM

Indeed, I agree it is unlikely to continue raising without slowing.

And this is a great offer, I am trying to raise funds.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:04:54 PM

Even if it doesn't look like it, i still believe that difficulty is slowing down and let me explain you my view:

It does look like it if you look in the right place: http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png

tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:18:21 PM

Sorry, but having BFL and "ship" in the same sentence just doesn't make any sense. We all know how they shipped their first gen ASIC and they already face a 5 months delay just for having chips. Shipping 20k Monarchs will never happen. Never!

They eventually shipped.  They got chips in over the weekend and they are testing.  If they pass tests shipping may begin as early as Monday of next week.  It may not be fast shipping, but between now and August is an explosive amount of Hash being added. 

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:38:54 PM

It does look like it if you look in the right place: http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png

Thank you for pointing that out.

They eventually shipped.  They got chips in over the weekend and they are testing.  If they pass tests shipping may begin as early as Monday of next week.  It may not be fast shipping, but between now and August is an explosive amount of Hash being added. 

I don't want to derail the topic to BFL fails, but i remember that for their previous generation of chips it took a lot of time since they had chips in hands until they started shipping to customers. They will find some reasons to delay it more(maybe to mine something for themselves), as they always did,(i still remember the clock buffers and also HashFail's substrate problem) and even when they will ship they will ship less than 50 units per day. Shipping 20k Monarchs in a short time is something that simply won't happen.

RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 10:10:34 PM

Already posted in our thread, posting it here again:

We're happy to announce that we've secured a deal with a high quality data center in Central WA for ultra cheap long term hosting. US bundles customers (50 units or more, SP10 or SP30) are invited to contact us at sales@spondoolies-tech.com for details

Someone needs to organize a group deal for this so the smaller miners can take advantage of this ultra cheap hosting also. I'd love to get in on this.

Spondoolies really needs to make a smaller/cheaper miner. If their next gen chip is 187gh/s why not make a miner with one or two chips?
This is no longer a game for small fries.  Only serious ballers are going to be miners in just about 6 months.  Spondoolies doesn't have time to deal with the complaints and issues of little part time dudes with 500 Watts extra in their tiny apartments.  This shit is for real. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:11:39 PM

We're happy to announce that we've secured a deal with a high quality data center in Central WA for ultra cheap long term hosting. US bundles customers (50 units or more, SP10 or SP30) are invited to contact us at sales@spondoolies-tech.com for details

Someone needs to organize a group deal for this so the smaller miners can take advantage of this ultra cheap hosting also. I'd love to get in on this.

Spondoolies really needs to make a smaller/cheaper miner. If their next gen chip is 187gh/s why not make a miner with one or two chips?
This is no longer a game for small fries.  Only serious ballers are going to be miners in just about 6 months.  Spondoolies doesn't have time to deal with the complaints and issues of little part time dudes with 500 Watts extra in their tiny apartments.  This shit is for real. 

I think that you will find the absolute opposite, Spondoolies-Tech will strive to make every customer whole, no-matter how small their complaint.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
DevonMiner

Activity: 471

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:24:02 PM

It's under negotiations.

Sounds interesting! ...

RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:00:15 PM

Spondoolies have already secured a great DC deal in WA exactly for people who don't have to worry about power issues in their tiny apartment. I don't get what are you trying to say.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:15:45 PM

Spondoolies have already secured a great DC deal in WA exactly for people who don't have to worry about power issues in their tiny apartment. I don't get what are you trying to say.

Is there any information available about this deal?
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:18:55 PM

Soon. It's a very good one Wink

sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:04:34 AM

When does bob get to the facilities in Israel? And will he be allowed picture taking??

-will help my decision making in purchasing another unit or 2
googlemaster1

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:10:28 AM

Soon. It's a very good one Wink

Its obviously a deal with MegaBigPower.  I used to live in that area and power is 2c a kilowatt.  They are able to do cloud hosting for rather cheap in Douglas County.  Too bad I moved before I started mining.  I would have opened a cloud mining warehouse too Wink

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
hardhouseinc

Activity: 672

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 03:39:22 AM

Isnt this guy MegaBitPower??

http://www.coindesk.com/inside-north-americas-8m-bitcoin-mining-operation/

I wonder if hes considering his next hashing colony with SP units vs the bitfurry boards??

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 03:47:10 AM

When does bob get to the facilities in Israel? And will he be allowed picture taking??

-will help my decision making in purchasing another unit or 2
Sure

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: