Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:14:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Spondoolies-Tech SP30 pre-order - Specs: 0.69$/GH + 0.46W/GH  (Read 42878 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:36:17 AM

Wish we could scrape together a few more people to get 2 or 3 more SP30's... like everyone else said we are hoping for the BTC to rebound soon. Tired of the YoYo BoC rulings and commentary pulling it down and keeping it there.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:39:18 AM

Bought my second unit...

Spondoolies is the only company that offers miners at this $/GH and W/GH level, that seem legit, and that I trust... speaking as a previously burned pre-order veteran.

Spond has a three month order-develop-build pipeline.  I trust that their project is on track for August delivery.  I also trust their product build quality.  

I have "put my money where my mouth is".  I hope that in August I'll be celebrating, not eating crow.  

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:27:22 AM

Best gear investment IMHO for the next 3-4 months.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:53:04 PM

Only 5 more units until we hit 300!

What happens at 300?

Nothing happens unless it is 700 ;-)
Gate559

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:54:50 PM

If they do deliver you will have the best miner on the market.

6 TH at 13% increase every 2016 blocks from 1 August will ROI in about 80 days not factoring electricity. 

Free shipping is great.

Still on the fence though.

At currents rates this is 10+ BTC.

Also this miner will only make ~5.5 BTC profit for the rest of the year(not factoring electricity).

So basically you have to risk all this, take care of the miner and if all goes well you will make ~$2500 - 5 months of 2.5 KW electricity by the end of the year.

But maybe the diff increase could go below 10% for the last months of the year.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:41:33 PM

Same thing has been said for just about every asic preorder in history.

It will be the best until random chinese company ______ begins shipping their equivalent hardware for less and a month earlier.
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:02:24 PM

It will be the best until random chinese company ______ begins shipping their equivalent hardware for less and a month earlier.

And how would you look if the SP30 delivers in time and on specs? The chinese only stole one chip design. Do you think they will be able to steal them all? If Bitmine.ch did a poor contract with Innosilicon doesn't mean that this will happen with all companies.

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:05:05 PM

And how would you look if the SP30 delivers in time and on specs? The chinese only stole one chip design. Do you think they will be able to steal them all? If Bitmine.ch did a poor contract with Innosilicon doesn't mean that this will happen with all companies.

Looks like you cracked 300 mate, well done!

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
jimmothy

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:17:39 PM

I highly doubt they deliver both on time and on spec.

And the chinese didn't steal the a1 not that it matters considering there are many chips available that match it. (Avalon,bitfury,AM,hashlast)

I have no idea what the chinese will get their hands on by time the sp30 is finally shipping but there is a chance a competing chip pops up out of nowhere and floods the market.
tzortz

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:31:36 PM

And the chinese didn't steal the a1 not that it matters considering there are many chips available that match it. (Avalon,bitfury,AM,hashlast)

I have no idea what the chinese will get their hands on by time the sp30 is finally shipping but there is a chance a competing chip pops up out of nowhere and floods the market.

Are you talking with chances??

All is Mine!

RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:35:13 PM

Looks like you cracked 300 mate, well done!

Not yet. There are only 298 units sold. I need to refund 0.2. (mistakes)

Put your money down on it? If SP-Tech delivers SP30 units on spec in August do you agree to pay 1 BTC to Sean's Outpost? If they fail to deliver i will pay 1 BTC to Sean's Outpost.

tzortz

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:36:08 PM

He he !

Nice post! Wink

All is Mine!

jimmothy

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:00:39 PM

Aren't we all? Unless you have a magic crystal ball then you don't know what the future will hold.
tzortz

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:07:47 PM

Ok, then.

What if nobody else is in the game until then, and is only Spondoolies?

Huh?

All is Mine!

RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:29:42 PM

Aren't we all? Unless you have a magic crystal ball then you don't know what the future will hold.

Since you won't take the bet let's revert to name calling. If SP-Tech delivers on time and on spec i will call you as i wish(maybe troll). If SP-Tech won't deliver on time and spec feel free to call me as you wish. Deal?

jimmothy

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:39:29 PM

Since you won't take the bet let's revert to name calling. If SP-Tech delivers on time and on spec i will call you as i wish(maybe troll). If SP-Tech won't deliver on time and spec feel free to call me as you wish. Deal?

Sorry I didn't know the bet was directed towards me. I'd be happy to take the bet but not for 1btc. That is too much for me to gamble especially because I think that out of all the asic manufacturers, SP has the best chance of delivering on time and on spec. But I still find it unlikely.

So if you want to bet here would be my terms:

- 0.1btc donated to seansoutpost (loser pays)
- SP must deliver their entire August batch no later than 1 week after August.
- SP30 specs must reach a minimum of 5th/machine and 0.4w/gh (efficiency must be reached above 5th)

Deal?
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 08:43:32 PM

Sorry I didn't know the bet was directed towards me. I'd be happy to take the bet but not for 1btc. That is too much for me to gamble especially because I think that out of all the asic manufacturers, SP has the best chance of delivering on time and on spec. But I still find it unlikely.

- SP30 specs must reach a minimum of 5th/machine and 0.4w/gh (efficiency must be reached above 5th)

Deal?

Jimmothy, I like you. You'll loose.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
tzortz

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:46:50 PM

Will he?  Wink

All is Mine!

RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:54:19 PM

Deal?

LOL? So wait. First you claim that they won't deliver in time and in spec and now you chicken out? Let's make it 0.5 BTC+free name calling. 0.4w/gh? How did you came up with that? It's not what they announced and it's not in their specs. If you agree on 0.5w/GH then we can do it, but you are requesting a better efficiency than advertised. Minimum 5TH and 0.5w/gh and we have a deal.

gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:55:05 PM

what is the incentive for me to give somebody my money so they can research new chips to make my current technology obsolete?  I am not crazy.  I rather have Spoondolosis fail and prolong my current 28nm technology for another 5 months.  

Think hard before you give your money to some company to make your miners obsolete.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: