Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:59:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Spondoolies-Tech SP30 pre-order - Specs: 0.69$/GH + 0.46W/GH  (Read 42881 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 08:58:50 PM

Are you talking with chances??

Aren't we all? Unless you have a magic crystal ball then you don't know what the future will hold.

Since you won't take the bet let's revert to name calling. If SP-Tech delivers on time and on spec i will call you as i wish(maybe troll). If SP-Tech won't deliver on time and spec feel free to call me as you wish. Deal?

Sorry I didn't know the bet was directed towards me. I'd be happy to take the bet but not for 1btc. That is too much for me to gamble especially because I think that out of all the asic manufacturers, SP has the best chance of delivering on time and on spec. But I still find it unlikely.

So if you want to bet here would be my terms:

- 0.1btc donated to seansoutpost (loser pays)
- SP must deliver their entire August batch no later than 1 week after August.
- SP30 specs must reach a minimum of 5th/machine and 0.4w/gh (efficiency must be reached above 5th)

Deal?

LOL? So wait. First you claim that they won't deliver in time and in spec and now you chicken out? Let's make it 0.5 BTC+free name calling. 0.4w/gh? How did you came up with that? It's not what they announced and it's not in their specs. If you agree on 0.5w/GH then we can do it, but you are requesting a better efficiency than advertised. Minimum 5TH and 0.5w/gh and we have a deal.

Indeed, we're at 0.35 W/GHs at the ASIC level and below 0.5 W/Ghs at the system level (Working on our DC2DC design so we'll be below 0.45 W/Ghs at the system level)

I've mistaken in reading jimmothy post. I've assume he is referring to below 0.4 W/GHs in the ASIC level.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:01:59 PM

Are you talking with chances??

Aren't we all? Unless you have a magic crystal ball then you don't know what the future will hold.

Since you won't take the bet let's revert to name calling. If SP-Tech delivers on time and on spec i will call you as i wish(maybe troll). If SP-Tech won't deliver on time and spec feel free to call me as you wish. Deal?

Sorry I didn't know the bet was directed towards me. I'd be happy to take the bet but not for 1btc. That is too much for me to gamble especially because I think that out of all the asic manufacturers, SP has the best chance of delivering on time and on spec. But I still find it unlikely.

So if you want to bet here would be my terms:

- 0.1btc donated to seansoutpost (loser pays)
- SP must deliver their entire August batch no later than 1 week after August.
- SP30 specs must reach a minimum of 5th/machine and 0.4w/gh (efficiency must be reached above 5th)

Deal?

LOL? So wait. First you claim that they won't deliver in time and in spec and now you chicken out? Let's make it 0.5 BTC+free name calling. 0.4w/gh? How did you came up with that? It's not what they announced and it's not in their specs. If you agree on 0.5w/GH then we can do it, but you are requesting a better efficiency than advertised. Minimum 5TH and 0.5w/gh and we have a deal.

I don't have 0.5 btc to give to charity and im not entirely confident I will win. I just know that historically shipping dates/estimated specs are missed. And I was talking about 0.4w/gh at chip level not system but either works.

0.1btc is all I have to donate. Maybe someone else can add to the charity bet if you insist on 0.5.
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 09:03:52 PM

... I just know that historically shipping dates/estimated specs are missed ...

We're taking enough margins to make sure the specs and dates will be accurate. In time, you'll recognize that.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:17:03 PM

what is the incentive for me to give somebody my money so they can research new chips to make my current technology obsolete?  I am not crazy.  I rather have Spoondolosis fail and prolong my current 28nm technology for another 5 months.  

Think hard before you give your money to some company to make your miners obsolete.

The research of the chip is done. You are giving money so that SP-Tech can arrange their supply chain to build the units in August. They will have chips in July. The assembly of couple hundred units takes some time, money and preparation.

I don't have 0.5 btc to give to charity and im not entirely confident I will win. I just know that historically shipping dates/estimated specs are missed. And I was talking about 0.4w/gh at chip level not system but either works.

0.1btc is all I have to donate. Maybe someone else can add to the charity bet if you insist on 0.5.

Ok. Agree on 0.1 to Sean's Outpost+i can call you a troll whenever i wish. I agree on 0.4w/gh at chip level, but that's a bit hard to measure. I will let you decide the outcome of this bet since i have no problem donating 0.1.

jimmothy

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:23:36 PM

i can call you a troll whenever i wish

You're free to do so now. But I don't think it would be accurate in this thread at least. I am a fan of spondoolies just not preorders. And it would be trolling to suggest preorders are entirely a good idea given the history of bitcoin asics so far. Spondoolies may be the first company to reliably hit shipping dates on preorders but the only thing I fear is that this would then be seen as acceptable allowing the scummy companies to thrive.
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:30:49 PM

Is he softer now or is it me?

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:33:19 PM

i can call you a troll whenever i wish

You're free to do so now. But I don't think it would be accurate in this thread at least. I am a fan of spondoolies just not preorders. And it would be trolling to suggest preorders are entirely a good idea given the history of bitcoin asics so far. Spondoolies may be the first company to reliably hit shipping dates on preorders but the only thing I fear is that this would then be seen as acceptable allowing the scummy companies to thrive.

Ok i understand your view. No name calling.

Let's agree on a 0.1 donation for min 5TH and 0.4w/gh at chip level and you judge the outcome of the one who will make the donation.

jimmothy

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:35:23 PM

Let's agree on a 0.1 donation for min 5TH and 0.4w/gh at chip level and you judge the outcome of the one who will make the donation.

Along with shipping on time and you have a deal.
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:58:37 PM

Along with shipping on time and you have a deal.

Ok deal.

RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:44:53 PM

Updated price to 0.691$/GH in regards with the following announcement:

The SP30 will be able to produce over 6 THs. Probably over 6.5 THs with 2700 Watt (2 X 1200 rated PSUs, each PSU is able to input 1350 Watt)

Last chance!

hardhouseinc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 12:19:40 AM

The SP30 will be able to produce over 6 THs. Probably over 6.5 THs with 2700 Watt (2 X 1200 rated PSUs, each PSU is able to input 1350 Watt)

Last chance!

6.5Th/s?? 
SERIOUSLY?
Is that at factory default without any overclocking?
Thats pretty sick if they ship at 6.5TH/s
You got my attention and hopes up now!!!!

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:41:57 AM

... I just know that historically shipping dates/estimated specs are missed ...

We're taking enough margins to make sure the specs and dates will be accurate. In time, you'll recognize that.

Hi. I have been waiting for your reply to our e-mail conversation from Saturday.

Peter
Stevbenson

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:45:53 AM

Hi RoadStress, I sent you 0.1BTC and a PM on Sunday did you get it yet? Just want to make sure I've got a spot in the queue.

Cheers,
Stev
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:01:13 AM

Hi RoadStress, I sent you 0.1BTC and a PM on Sunday did you get it yet? Just want to make sure I've got a spot in the queue.

Cheers,
Stev

Yes got it. Have you received the e-mail from Spondoolies?

6.5Th/s?? 
SERIOUSLY?

You could overclock them, but you will need better PSUs and maybe proper cooling. Not sure on that though. It seems that the SP10 can be overclocked but you need good cooling.

Stevbenson

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:10:46 AM

Cheers,
Stev

Yes got it. Have you received the e-mail from Spondoolies?

No I haven't received a response from spondoolies yet
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:14:54 AM

Last chance!

6.5Th/s?? 
SERIOUSLY?
Great news!

Something to get excited about folks!

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:41:28 AM

Last chance!

6.5Th/s??  
SERIOUSLY?
Great news!

Something to get excited about folks!

Don't get excited too quick because you will get premature ejaculation.

Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:19:21 AM

Already posted in our thread, posting it here again:

We're happy to announce that we've secured a deal with a high quality data center in Central WA for ultra cheap long term hosting. US bundles customers (50 units or more, SP10 or SP30) are invited to contact us at sales@spondoolies-tech.com for details

Someone needs to organize a group deal for this so the smaller miners can take advantage of this ultra cheap hosting also. I'd love to get in on this.

Spondoolies really needs to make a smaller/cheaper miner. If their next gen chip is 187gh/s why not make a miner with one or two chips?
We have limited resources. If someone wants to do it, we'll gladly sales ASICs cheaply.

Edit: Also, the price per GH/s will be higher for smaller solution. We do recognize that S1 like dirty cheap solution is effective. Problematic with bigger ASICs
Good call Spond, stick to your core product: a rack-mountable professional mining server.

Let a third party buy your ASICs and make small miners for the home-hobby market.  I personally believe Spond should stay focused on a single core product line.  Don't get distracted by trying to be all things to all men... you risk doing a larger range of products badly, rather than a single product really well.  (I know you're already doing this, I'm just trying to explain the rationale to others.)

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:28:17 AM

Don't get excited too quick because you will get premature ejaculation.

Too late!  6.5 Th/s holy cow.  I can't believe this gb isn't up to 1000 already.  People buy the KNC/BA preorders a year in advance and here is the real deal but only 300??!!  If I had a few million I would buy them all myself.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
cr4sh0verride

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:44:19 AM

I have a question

Between now and delivery what is the policy on any unforeseen price changes?

If it goes up or down will people that have pre purchased get the difference back or have to make the difference up?

Thanks,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: