Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:17:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Spondoolies-Tech SP30 pre-order - Specs: 0.69$/GH + 0.46W/GH  (Read 42840 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 01:13:41 PM

Waiting for your Neptune refund?
Secure your place now by sending the reservation fee and pay only 3000$ per unit when required and pay the rest after you get your refund. You will need to have proof of asking refund. That will be mandatory!

I'm a shareholder of R19, a group buy for a couple of Neptunes (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347732.msg5993570#msg5993570), for which I own 15 shares (50 shares per Neptune). This group buy opted for a refund. Would this qualify me for the $3k/unit rate for SP30s?

Yes

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:39:08 PM

Today is 18th June.. and the BTC price is currently $1200

As this time I can see that 500 pre orders have now been filled so there is 600 left..

How much can I get a SP30 for?

It is worth pointing out that if you are concerned about the fluctuation in BTC, Spondoolies has a very creative payment mechanism for you -- though unfortunately not a part of this group buy.

For August deliveries of SP30s (I am not sure which deals this applies to but I know it applies to the 3xSP30) you can choose to pay 40% upfront and 60% in BTC on delivery.  Now the really cool trick is that you can choose when you order whether to pay in BTC valued as of your order date, OR to pay in BTC valued as of the shipping date. 

So if you think BTC is going to go way up, you elect to pay in BTC valued at the future delivery date rate.  Then when BTC is $1200 in August, you pay less BTC versus what you would have paid if you had to pay 100% today. 

Or if you are worried about the price dropping, you pay in BTC valued as of the order date.  So you get the $450 US current rate even if BTC drops to $200 in August when delivery comes dueThus SP is effectively offering us a hedge against a drop in BTC. 

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/pages/bitcoin-payment-plan

I think EVERY manufacturer offering pre-orders ought to do this.  Though I am doing the group buy here, it was SP's creative payment approach with built in hedging that convinced me that these guys are really in it for the miners and are miner customer friendly as opposed to KNC, BFL, etc.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:50:23 PM

LOL my post count is fluctuating, sorry if I've been too OTT my intent was not to be subversive Roll Eyes

Good luck in the Group Buy!

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:24:05 PM

LOL my post count is fluctuating, sorry if I've been too OTT my intent was not to be subversive Roll Eyes

Good luck in the Group Buy!

Who is watching his post count? Smiley

Thank you!

Only 1 day left! Hop on!

Grix

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 09:06:24 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 09:21:01 PM by Grix

Am I eligible for the $4500 discounted price if I got a neptune refund from knc about a month ago, a short while before I saw this thread?

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:16:53 PM

Am I eligible for the $4500 discounted price if I got a refund from knc about a month ago, a short while before I saw this thread?

Yes!

Grix

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 09:22:53 PM

Am I eligible for the $4500 discounted price if I got a refund from knc about a month ago, a short while before I saw this thread?

Yes!

Nice. I think I'll jump on this, but I gotta sleep on it first. Hopefully I won't forget about it until the deadline has passed, hehe.

Also, just making sure, the hosting deal for $290 per month is all inclusive, right? I wouldn't need to pay for electricity or anything in addition? And it's available for all customers, not just Americans, right? It would save me a lot because there is a 25% import VAT in my country.

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 09:35:21 PM

will SP30 comes with a pair of rabbit ears to mount on racks? if not, any recommendations Huh

Cheers,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:38:51 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 10:01:27 PM by RoadStress

Yes!

Nice. I think I'll jump on this, but I gotta sleep on it first. Hopefully I won't forget about it until the deadline has passed, hehe.

Also, just making sure, the hosting deal for $290 per month is all inclusive, right? I wouldn't need to pay for electricity or anything in addition? And it's available for all customers, not just Americans, right? It would save me a lot because there is a 25% import VAT in my country.

The hosting deal is $290 per month all inclusive, but you will need to commit for at least 6 months(monthly payments). But before that you will need to pay $100 as installation fee and also one month deposit is required. At this point i'm not sure if you need to pay $100+$290+$290 or just $100+$290(i think/hope it will be this). It's available for ALL customers.

Less than 24 hours left!

will SP30 comes with a pair of rabbit ears to mount on racks? if not, any recommendations Huh

Cheers,
QG

They don't come with ears.

Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:07:35 PM

Today is 18th June.. and the BTC price is currently $1200

As this time I can see that 500 pre orders have now been filled so there is 600 left..

How much can I get a SP30 for?
My understanding is that they build to order. They have the capacity to build 1100 SP30s for August delivery, but they will only build the amount ordered. They won't build more than ordered and sell them from stock.

For example: try buying a July SP30 now. Can't do it, July SP30 orders are now closed.

Spond run a three* month order-build pipeline, and respect people's place in the queue.

* For example. The length probably varies per project.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:54:35 PM

Hello

I would like to have some more info on the Hosting Option.

No Additional costs other than one-time setup fee and the Monthly fee (with a commitment to a Min of 6 Months).

Any Import Duty added to the Price for the Hosting Country.

Other than Power and an Internet connection (remote to miner interface), do we get any Touch Labour support if miner stops working, or is the Cost to the Miners (me) to pay to get it fixed if it breaks within the 90 Day Warranty.

or

Is the Warranty extended for the Life of the Hosting Package.

Also

What's the SLA for response if I can not get connectivity to my Miner.

Just looking to work out the Cost to me, with no surprises and Calculate the difference between (UK import and Home Electricity at 0.16 KW/h) while running the miner for 6 months at Home.

Thanks

C_C
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:23:04 PM

My understanding is that they build to order. They have the capacity to build 1100 SP30s for August delivery, but they will only build the amount ordered. They won't build more than ordered and sell them from stock.

They have the capacity to build only 1000 SP30 for August delivery. The 100 extra was just in case there were people who won't pay in case this got filled up.

@Crypto_Cumbrian from what i know not all the details are set up. But the there isn't any additional cost except the installation fee and the monthly fee. Depending on what you choose (free shipping or one month of hosting for free) then you might pay for shipping. As for import duty well i'm not sure, but i think it will either be very low or non-existent.
Touch Labor i'm not sure if it's needed. The SP10 reboots itself when it's not mining for more than 5 minutes and there should be a staff 24/7 that can check the connectivity to the miner.
Warranty no idea.

gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:10:31 AM

Do you take food stamps as a form of payment?

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 04:38:31 AM

No Additional costs other than one-time setup fee and the Monthly fee (with a commitment to a Min of 6 Months).

Correct

Any Import Duty added to the Price for the Hosting Country.

No

Other than Power and an Internet connection (remote to miner interface), do we get any Touch Labour support if miner stops working, or is the Cost to the Miners (me) to pay to get it fixed if it breaks within the 90 Day Warranty.

No cost to the miner if it breaks within 90 day warranty

Is the Warranty extended for the Life of the Hosting Package.

No

What's the SLA for response if I can not get connectivity to my Miner.

We'll finalize this detail before August. Our intention is to have SLA of 24 X 7, but we can't commit to it now.
It's a real DC, hosting non Bitcoin servers as well, so they know how to do 24 X 7

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 05:02:26 AM

Are you talking with chances??

Aren't we all? Unless you have a magic crystal ball then you don't know what the future will hold.

Since you won't take the bet let's revert to name calling. If SP-Tech delivers on time and on spec i will call you as i wish(maybe troll). If SP-Tech won't deliver on time and spec feel free to call me as you wish. Deal?

Sorry I didn't know the bet was directed towards me. I'd be happy to take the bet but not for 1btc. That is too much for me to gamble especially because I think that out of all the asic manufacturers, SP has the best chance of delivering on time and on spec. But I still find it unlikely.

So if you want to bet here would be my terms:

- 0.1btc donated to seansoutpost (loser pays)
- SP must deliver their entire August batch no later than 1 week after August.
- SP30 specs must reach a minimum of 5th/machine and 0.4w/gh (efficiency must be reached above 5th)

Deal?

LOL? So wait. First you claim that they won't deliver in time and in spec and now you chicken out? Let's make it 0.5 BTC+free name calling. 0.4w/gh? How did you came up with that? It's not what they announced and it's not in their specs. If you agree on 0.5w/GH then we can do it, but you are requesting a better efficiency than advertised. Minimum 5TH and 0.5w/gh and we have a deal.

Indeed, we're at 0.35 W/GHs at the ASIC level and below 0.5 W/Ghs at the system level (Working on our DC2DC design so we'll be below 0.45 W/Ghs at the system level)

I've mistaken in reading jimmothy post. I've assume he is referring to below 0.4 W/GHs in the ASIC level.

We got final post layout engine results from GUC.
The ASIC is at 0.35 W/GHs, which means that the system is at 0.43 W/GHs

Under 2700 Watt (total from the 2 PSUs), the system will be ~6.3 THs
Our commitment is still to 5.4 THs +- 10% as published in the web site.

sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:07:28 AM

^ YAY  Grin
raskul

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:19:31 AM

what are the odds on Hashfail giving me my refund in the next 15hrs?

not looking likely, great news on p/l stats though... i'm pleased for you all.

Undecided

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
hardhouseinc

Activity: 672

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 07:21:54 AM

Are you talking with chances??

Aren't we all? Unless you have a magic crystal ball then you don't know what the future will hold.

Since you won't take the bet let's revert to name calling. If SP-Tech delivers on time and on spec i will call you as i wish(maybe troll). If SP-Tech won't deliver on time and spec feel free to call me as you wish. Deal?

Sorry I didn't know the bet was directed towards me. I'd be happy to take the bet but not for 1btc. That is too much for me to gamble especially because I think that out of all the asic manufacturers, SP has the best chance of delivering on time and on spec. But I still find it unlikely.

So if you want to bet here would be my terms:

- 0.1btc donated to seansoutpost (loser pays)
- SP must deliver their entire August batch no later than 1 week after August.
- SP30 specs must reach a minimum of 5th/machine and 0.4w/gh (efficiency must be reached above 5th)

Deal?

LOL? So wait. First you claim that they won't deliver in time and in spec and now you chicken out? Let's make it 0.5 BTC+free name calling. 0.4w/gh? How did you came up with that? It's not what they announced and it's not in their specs. If you agree on 0.5w/GH then we can do it, but you are requesting a better efficiency than advertised. Minimum 5TH and 0.5w/gh and we have a deal.

Indeed, we're at 0.35 W/GHs at the ASIC level and below 0.5 W/Ghs at the system level (Working on our DC2DC design so we'll be below 0.45 W/Ghs at the system level)

I've mistaken in reading jimmothy post. I've assume he is referring to below 0.4 W/GHs in the ASIC level.

@Spondoolies-Tech

I just realized something serious here.
Everyone is posting about 208V power setups.
Here in Japan, my power is currently 100V I believe on 50hz power.
Is this going to be an issue with the SP10 to get FULL output capability?

With the SP30 requirements I think I will need to get a 200V 60amp breaker
installed pretty soon??

I currently have only 100V 50hz 60amp breaker.

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
raskul

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:23:45 AM

installed pretty soon??

we've been discussing hosting options on the SP-Tech ANN thread.. I do believe you would be cheaper taking the hosting option.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
hardhouseinc

Activity: 672

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 07:46:52 AM

installed pretty soon??

we've been discussing hosting options on the SP-Tech ANN thread.. I do believe you would be cheaper taking the hosting option.

Ive got a couple local options here.
Could be building a data closet at a friends place who has power covered
in their lease.   LOL.  I hope they dont cut him off after month one at 6000W
LOL

I need to know though what these will run at if the voltage is 100V 50hz???
I can get the 200V breaker / line installed quite cheap / free with my lease agreements I believe
so I guess well see how it goes.

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: