Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:11:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Spondoolies-Tech SP30 pre-order - Specs: 0.69$/GH + 0.46W/GH  (Read 42836 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:48:50 AM

Ive got a couple local options here.
Could be building a data closet at a friends place who has power covered
in their lease.   LOL.  I hope they dont cut him off after month one at 6000W
LOL

I need to know though what these will run at if the voltage is 100V 50hz???
I can get the 200V breaker / line installed quite cheap / free with my lease agreements I believe
so I guess well see how it goes.

In my opinion you should install the 200V breaker. It is definitely better than 100V, but i'm not a technician.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hardhouseinc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 09:32:52 AM

Ive got a couple local options here.
Could be building a data closet at a friends place who has power covered
in their lease.   LOL.  I hope they dont cut him off after month one at 6000W
LOL

I need to know though what these will run at if the voltage is 100V 50hz???
I can get the 200V breaker / line installed quite cheap / free with my lease agreements I believe
so I guess well see how it goes.

In my opinion you should install the 200V breaker. It is definitely better than 100V, but i'm not a technician.

That's what I was thinking as well.
How does yours run on 110?  Or you have 220 breaker for them?

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:52:41 AM

That's what I was thinking as well.
How does yours run on 110?  Or you have 220 breaker for them?

I'm on 220V, but i think that running them on 110V limits them at 1.35Th/s.

merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:27:02 AM

ok, pulled the trigger for 3 x SP30's

PM sent to RoadStress with details.

I'm very happy to now be part of the RoadStress / Spondoolies group buy

Good luck to all involved
Cheers
merv77
tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:29:20 AM

Welcome to the club! You are my man.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:02:53 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 11:14:41 AM by Collider

@hardhouseinc
Dont forget to calculate the cost of cooling your units. That will be 2,7KW of heat per unit.

Also you need to think about noise levels, as these will be 2u but need massive airflow, so they should be around equally loud as an sp10, even though the pitch might be different.

@spondoolies

Will there be some kind of bonus for the guys who bought the first sp10/sp30 bundle? They payed around 9000$ per sp30 and those are now only 4500$.

These are your most loyal customers, who trusted you from the start and put their money where their mouth was.

Essentially they payed double the amount for only 2 weeks earlier delivery....
whaSasd

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:08:52 PM

@hardhouseinc
Dont forget to calculate the cost of cooling your units. That will be 2,7KW of heat per unit.

Also you need to think about noise levels, as these will be 2u but need massive airflow, so they should be around equally loud as an sp10, even though the pitch might be different.

@spondoolies

Will there be some kind of bonus for the guys who bought the first sp10/sp30 bundle? They payed around 9000$ per sp30 and those are now only 4500$.

These are your most loyal customers, who trusted you from the start and put their money where their mouth was.

Can't you get a refund and then join the group buy? Or you still need the SP10..
Collider

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:14:03 PM

I am talking about the very first bundle batch, who payed 14000$ for an sp10 and sp30, that values the sp30 at 9000$.
(Back then there wasn´t any 10%off for ppl having other orders etc.)

I was only wondering wether there would be some kind of bonus for these, most loyal customers who now see themselves in the situation of having overpayed by the factor of 2 on the sp30.

I like steep discounts like the next guy, but these existing customers might feel mistreated.
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:33:33 PM

I am talking about the very first bundle batch, who payed 14000$ for an sp10 and sp30, that values the sp30 at 9000$.

I was only wondering wether there would be some kind of bonus for these, most loyal customers who now see themselves in the situation of having overpayed by the factor of 2 on the sp30.

I like steep discounts like the next guy, but these existing customers might feel mistreated.

I got one bundle like that too, but remember that we should be getting our SP30 before everyone else so we should be able to mine some bitcoins before the big increase in difficulty. I/miners always paid a premium for getting in the first batches. (paid 7k$ for a batch 1 Jup and 5k$ for batch 2 Jup and even if the second batch was faster, i got my first one earlier so i mined at lower diff)

Deckanite

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:39:13 PM

I currently have a lending request up. Hoping to hop on the bandwagon for august SP30's. Anyone who can help, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590419.0

Also; great work with this set-up. grats to all who are in.
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:41:39 PM

Cheers
merv77

Welcome to the club.  You are my woman.

merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:18:57 PM

Cheers
merv77

Welcome to the club.  You are my woman.

Welcome to the club! You are my man.

thanks guys  Grin

btw gallery2000, I'd have to get dressed up in a dress if you want me to be your woman... LOL scary  Tongue
Collider

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:36:55 PM

I got one bundle like that too, but remember that we should be getting our SP30 before everyone else so we should be able to mine some bitcoins before the big increase in difficulty. I/miners always paid a premium for getting in the first batches. (paid 7k$ for a batch 1 Jup and 5k$ for batch 2 Jup and even if the second batch was faster, i got my first one earlier so i mined at lower diff)
Remember, this isn´t the good old days where one month of mining makes up for 40% of equipment cost.

The sp30 in the bundle offer simply costs double that what you can preorder now. People who placed trust in a company early should be rewarded more than the average joe, rather than be punished.

Early bird bundles typically have some advantage to them.

Again, i don´t blame spondoolies for steep discounts but i hope specifically in the outlined case, that there will be some kind of bonus.

Prices shouldn´t be designed to punish those who payed earlier, with less reviews etc., having a higher risk in their orders.
Wouldn´t you feel like you are being treated badly when you just realized you spent double the amount of money for an order which is only worth a little more?

I can understand paying 20% more for an earlier unit, but double the price?

Also this might make people think twice about ordering, if they feel like they will get the unit for half the price the next month.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:48:03 PM

Remember, this isn´t the good old days where one month of mining makes up for 40% of equipment cost.

The sp30 in the bundle offer simply costs double that what you can preorder now. People who placed trust in a company early should be rewarded more than the average joe, rather than be punished.

Again, i don´t blame spondoolies for steep discounts but i hope specifically in the outlined case, that there will be some kind of bonus.

Prices shouldn´t be designed to punish those who payed earlier, with less reviews etc., having a higher risk in their orders.
Wouldn´t you feel like you are being treated badly when you just realized you spent double the amount of money for an order which is only worth a little more?

Also this might make people think twice about ordering, if they feel like they will get the unit for half the price the next month.

316 units x 5k = large amount and a deep discount.

I hope they have more sales like this so smaller buyers can get the discounts and too bad it didn't happen earlier for you. Maybe they can provide early adopters some coupons or something to help ease that sting?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:24:12 PM

These are the good days imo. The difficulty is really slowing down maybe faster and more than everyone thought. AM will need at least one month for their new chips and i'm not aware of anyone else besides KnC who might deploy large amounts of hashrate until we get our units. Just look at this graph http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png Also even if we just had a change in difficulty bitcoinwisdom difficulty chart is looking very good. No more grey Everests and the next difficulty is for the moment projected to be ~10%.
Instead of having days where one month of mining makes up for 40% of equipment cost and then 15% and then 0% i would prefer that we have first month 30%, next month 25%, next month 20%.(numbers are a bit random just as an example).
You have the advantage of hashing before everyone else. People always pay more for the in-stock miners just to be able to hash faster and sooner than the others. This is your early bird advantage imo. The price was available because of the large number of units (250+) and for this Group Buy. After that we are back to regular prices and at the end of the shipping queue. I don't feel bad for paying $7k for a Jupiter knowing that it's worth around $2k. I mined a lot of bitcoins while everyone was waiting for their end of the queue orders Smiley

RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:34:47 PM

@spondoolies

By the way is this a theoretical question or you are really in this position? Speaking in 3rd person is a bit confusing.

Collider

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:22:11 PM

@spondoolies

By the way is this a theoretical question or you are really in this position? Speaking in 3rd person is a bit confusing.
I am really in this position but i also (think I) speak for everyone who is in the similar one.

I also know of a community member who bought more than 10 early bird bundles and he essentially just gifted them in excess of 45000$ if they dont provide any bonus/ coupon etc.

Edit: as far as i know "anarchy" ordered 22 bundles at list price. You can probably see that for us customers, this doesn´t amount to any small sum.

I hope you don´t see me as some troll who asks hypothetical questions like what would happen if the world were flat... This is a serious sum and hence a very valid concern and question for many of us.
ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:50:38 PM

Okay, I am in for two

TXID: 3f14238ca024373d484dc35b7ac404a8a646e2de6a55cc1e0ffe940edfaeb8f0

PM sent.

I tried to resist....

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:59:41 PM

@spondoolies

I am really in this position but i also (think I) speak for everyone who is in the similar one.

I also know of a community member who bought more than 10 early bird bundles and he essentially just gifted them in excess of 45000$ if they dont provide any bonus/ coupon etc.

Edit: as far as i know "anarchy" ordered 22 bundles at list price. You can probably see that for us customers, this doesn´t amount to any small sum.

I hope you don´t see me as some troll who asks hypothetical questions like what would happen if the world were flat... This is a serious sum and hence a very valid concern and question for many of us.

You are the only one that has complained so far. I have a bundle just like you and i'm fine with it, and it seems that there is someone else in my position too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg6478207#msg6478207
I don't see you as a troll. I asked for clarification because of the way you expressed your problem. If "anarchy" ordered 22 bundles and doesn't complain then it means that he is satisfied with his choice. As far as i see it you are the only one that has an issue with this so there is no need to point it to other customers.
I am not arguing with you, but why don't you send them an e-mail to sales@ to try to work this out?

Collider

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:27:42 PM

@spondoolies

You are the only one that has complained so far. I have a bundle just like you and i'm fine with it, and it seems that there is someone else in my position too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg6478207#msg6478207
I don't see you as a troll. I asked for clarification because of the way you expressed your problem. If "anarchy" ordered 22 bundles and doesn't complain then it means that he is satisfied with his choice. As far as i see it you are the only one that has an issue with this so there is no need to point it to other customers.
I am not arguing with you, but why don't you send them an e-mail to sales@ to try to work this out?

Just because somebody doesn´t publically complain doesn´t mean he is satisfied with his situation. The statement in reference to his person was only meant as an example.
The post you have linked to actually seems to be more on my side of the argument, stating that he finds it unusual for groupbuys (shipped by the manufacturer and with only one unit as the lowest order) to offer such massive discounts.

I took to the forums because I thought spondoolies would reply to my inquiries in a publically verifiable manner, and wanted to provide anyone in the similar situation food for thought.

Although I don´t see it as logical that you are content with paying twice the price for your slightly earlier sp30, maybe justifying a higher price of around 20%, I am glad for you.

I have now sent them an email to try and get a response on the topic.

It might have been wrong starting this on the forums.
However, i wanted to point out the sort of problems that come with surprisingly big discounts, as it leaves a bad taste in the mouth for everyone who assumed to have gotten a good deal before.
I therefore think this deserves an honest discussion.

Again, we are talking about a 50% price reduction here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: