Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:48:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583017 times)
tinaken_v

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:29:08 PM

ok... so who is saying that those 20 B KARMA coins that were stolen are now not in investors hands... so no need to think of those coins as stolen as they are maybe already dumped... so you can go ahead with a fair swap on Yobit so that we know that it is 100% safe... Wink

See this link: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/wallet.dws?400656.htm

It's a stolen wallet. One of SEVERAL stolen wallets with more than 1 billion coins. (Coins from this particular wallet were also exchanged for KTN. However 15 billion coins are still left in it.)

Would you like those coins to join the swap? How many coins do you have, in comparison? How about the other wallets with billions of stolen coins? Even the original developer stole billions of coins from Karma via malicious code in the original wallet. These amount to a significant percentage of total coins. No economy can be healthy like that.

Are you okay with tens of billions of stolen coins joining the swap? No one has yet answered this basic question. Can you be the first?

Everybody should be able to swap. if you don't swap then there are 570 B coins that cannot join and that is still a lot more then 15B stolen. In fact how can you make a new coin without rewarding the people that currently own KARMA? Then you just make a new coin not linked to KARMA at all, and let the current KARMA coin move forward.

There is some good volume on Yobit for KARMA coin... what we should do, is all contact Bittrex and try to get KARMA on bittrex and then everybody will be rewarded as there will be 100,000 new investors that will look at KARMA and will be it... Higher demand, price move up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 02:34:58 PM

Everybody should be able to swap. if you don't swap then there are 570 B coins that cannot join and that is still a lot more then 15B stolen. In fact how can you make a new coin without rewarding the people that currently own KARMA? Then you just make a new coin not linked to KARMA at all, and let the current KARMA coin move forward.

There is some good volume on Yobit for KARMA coin... what we should do, is all contact Bittrex and try to get KARMA on bittrex and then everybody will be rewarded as there will be 100,000 new investors that will look at KARMA and will be it... Higher demand, price move up.

Again, the volume is because I showed up. Sorry to say that again.

Where do you get the 570b number from? Karma has 76 billion coins in circulation. That one stolen wallet accounts for about 20% of all coins. The others bring the total much higher. I think you would be amazed to know how high that % is, from what I found out. But let's just say it's 20%. Since you're comfortable with 20%, let's do it. Would you like to lead the effort for the swap?

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 02:44:48 PM

I have a question.. Who is going to lead the Karma Classic team? Anyone?

We need action, not just talk. Any takers?

Anyone?

ummm.. if I may suggest. Start a new wallet address for a dev fund that people can donate to, or maybe you can develop it yourself if you have the expertise.

but I guess that's why they call it bitcointalk instead of bitcoinaction. Same as before. Just complaining without doing anything about it. Just protesting without offering viable solutions. Just arguing from emotions, not reason.

It doesn't really take that much more effort.

Anyone?

bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:01:31 PM

I have a question.. Who is going to lead the Karma Classic team? Anyone?

We need action, not just talk. Any takers?

Anyone?

ummm.. if I may suggest. Start a new wallet address for a dev fund that people can donate to, or maybe you can develop it yourself if you have the expertise.

but I guess that's why they call it bitcointalk instead of bitcoinaction. Same as before. Just complaining without doing anything about it. Just protesting without offering viable solutions. Just arguing from emotions, not reason.

It doesn't really take that much more effort.

Anyone?

alright now you are harassing people here. just because you are ready to buy some sites and explorers and other stuff does not mean that others who are not doing it don't care about karma.

Everything you have been posting here about how you will has mainly been focusing on price and less on doing good. how you will raise karma. Hey, good luck!

Here are some things:

Take Karma X11 as it is. What ever happened in the past has happened. please don't try to point fingers because you will make me go back and remember what really happened and it won't work in your favor if we recall the past. Nor will it help by continuing this drama.

You must have guessed there will people who wouldn't be so excited to hear your back.

Lets move forward. its simple. you certainly understand where karma is right now. If you still want to rivive it. provide a better plan, if you want to fork it. Have some respect and open your own thread and continue there.

Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:15:10 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 03:29:47 PM by Alphi

This is fucking UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! Everybody will LOSE their MONEY!!!! THIS REALLY SMELLS LIKE SCAMMING PEOPLE!!!! I'VE KARMA COINS AND I WANT TO SEE REAL SWAP/ REAL FAIR SWAP AND NOT YET A SECOND SCAM SWAP!!!

I think you mean everyone will lose their MONOPOLY MONEY because, lets face it, this coin is fundamentally broken and currently completely worthless..  the only people to blame are those people who kept all their coins on exchanges (where they could easily be stolen) for the purpose of gambling instead of putting them to good use.

If I had my way I would have done a reverse split of all coins 1 new for 1000 old. dropping the current total supply down to 76 million (or so).. and then applying a 3-5% per annum indefinite inflation on the coin supply.
This would still result in the coins appreciating in value because peer to peer networks typically expand much faster than 3-5% per annum. Eventually it would level out to match the US and EU target inflation rates keeping the currency at a stable price so that it could actually be used as a currency for every day items (nobody wants to buy a pizza for 0.003 BTC or 1,000,000 Karm).

I would even consider adding a 10% mining tax to go into a development fund so the coin could actually progress beyond wishful thinking and talk-fests.

I am not a fan of swaps because they are ultimately pointless (just look at what happened with NZH Karm or whatever it was called)... but for anyone to sit here and whine about being ripped off when their coins are currently worthless and they themselves are too effing lazy to get off their ass and do something to give value to the community (and their own investment) is childish at best.

Swaps are completely voluntary as all the work that has been done by community members up until this point so seriously QUIT complaining.

Quite frankly I am sick of all the bickering, that's why I didn't bother talking for a long while Smiley I actually went out into the real world and made some real money instead of crying in the corner like a self entitled brat; expecting someone else to make it for me.

The concept behind this coin was originally a very good idea.. Karma wasn't a scam but it was poorly constructed by an amateur who thought he could get rich by mining for the first few months before anyone really took notice. This plan backfired spectacularly on the original dev who couldn't keep up with all the powerful miners that swooped in and gobbled up all the instamine coins that he had set up for himself. This coin is fundamentally broken because it is no longer worth mining. 100 years of mining with an entire GPU farm would not yield as many coins as the first few months of mining.

The fundamentals need to change before the coin can move forward. I said this a couple of years ago and came back just last week to see that nothing has changed.

Hope and prayers will not save this coin.. nor will ICOs and coin swaps kill it. The coin is what we make it, nothing more and nothing less.. It could be great but right now its just a pile of worthless numbers (far too many worthless numbers).

~Alphi

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Alphi

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:16:54 PM

Lets move forward. its simple. you certainly understand where karma is right now. If you still want to rivive it. provide a better plan, if you want to fork it. Have some respect and open your own thread and continue there.

Hey man.. good to see you still around.. Smiley

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 03:23:00 PM

Now, now.. let's not talk about respect Wink

Actually, this is my thread.

But that's a good idea. Would you like to lead the effort?

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:26:10 PM

hey alphi.. karma is no that bad bad.

Top 10   28,487,171,712 KARM   37.44 %
Top 100   54,873,737,777 KARM   72.12 %
Top 1000   73,707,774,737 KARM   96.87 %
All 35343   76,086,074,065 KARM   100 %
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/#!rich

i also agree that the coins specs should change and could use more optimizations. that being said, why? thats the thing i want to know. Why? and how?

I don't have a problem with anyone trying to take control of the steering wheel and try to aim this ship away from icebergs. I didn't like what East did but i didnt stop him. its not my pace to say whats best for karma. if some one else wants to give it a shot differently. hey go for it.

Now, Alphi a problems has come up. Kosmost wants share of the OP so he can update it ( which i def am not upkeeping it)  so i need old timers advice. what says you ?
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 03:28:03 PM

alright now you are harassing people here. just because you are ready to buy some sites and explorers and other stuff does not mean that others who are not doing it don't care about karma.

Everything you have been posting here about how you will has mainly been focusing on price and less on doing good. how you will raise karma. Hey, good luck!

Here are some things:

Take Karma X11 as it is. What ever happened in the past has happened. please don't try to point fingers because you will make me go back and remember what really happened and it won't work in your favor if we recall the past. Nor will it help by continuing this drama.

You must have guessed there will people who wouldn't be so excited to hear your back.

Actually, this is my thread. But you changed the password, remember?

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:28:33 PM

Actually, this is my thread.

of course not. why would i? i am not providing anything, and almost everything you will try will eventually fail. but i wont stop you. i dont care.

all i want to make sure that karma related stuff stay here and i am safeguarding from ill intentions personel.

your more then welcome to do anything for karma. i dont see how i can even stop you.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 03:29:31 PM

Kosmost wants share of the OP so he can update it ( which i def am not upkeeping it)  so i need old timers advice. what says you ?

You mean, the thread that we had access to before you changed the password

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 03:30:56 PM

of course not. why would i? i am not providing anything, and almost everything you will try will eventually fail. but i wont stop you. i dont care.

all i want to make sure that karma related stuff stay here and i am safeguarding from ill intentions personel.

your more then welcome to do anything for karma. i dont see how i can even stop you.

Safeguarding?

How are those coins coming along then?

You still haven't provided the address. Why do you want to keep information that is already on the blockchain secret?

Why wouldn't you want to contribute? Why not join the team for the new X11 wallet?

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:31:57 PM

Here are some things:

Actually, this is my thread. But you changed the password, remember?

typical snarky kosmost. you cant just say a sentence without sneaking something provocative. god that's such an ugly trait. we already have a trump here. i come to crypto space to escape that. haha

you left. you quited. you disappeared. Now your back. i gotta make sure people want you back.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 03:32:05 PM

I have an idea. Let's stop bickering and become more productive.

We can start right now. Who will lead the effort for the new X11 wallet?

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 03:34:34 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 04:10:01 PM by kosmost

typical snarky kosmost. you cant just say a sentence without sneaking something provocative. god that's such an ugly trait. we already have a trump here. i come to crypto space to escape that. haha

you left. you quited. you disappeared. Now your back. i gotta make sure people want you back.

Sounds good.

Do you want to join the team for the new X11 wallet?

This is why I am here...

Make Karma Great Again

That, and I saw that the ball was dropped regarding the Cryptsy wallet, above that post. If I just "waltzed in here" how did I see that post before anyone else here? And why didn't someone do something about it? That's the important question. Lack of action, lack of concern, lack of leadership.

Again.. 6 pages worth of posts for all of 2016. January, February, March, April, and May of 2017? ONE PAGE.

Don't be upset if someone is trying to make Karma great again Smiley And we can learn a lot from those who attempt the impossible, such as Trump. We were the first coin to come back from the dead. The first coin to incorporate. The first coin to have a telephone number on our homepage. We also pioneered an early version of the ICO (in our IPOCOs and karmashares, both of which I invented and likely influenced what you see today). Sometimes we need vision.

But you really don't need to respond with more snark. Just let us know if you'd like to lead the X11 effort

Alphi

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:54:17 PM

i also agree that the coins specs should change and could use more optimizations. that being said, why? thats the thing i want to know. Why? and how?

I don't have a problem with anyone trying to take control of the steering wheel and try to aim this ship away from icebergs. I didn't like what East did but i didnt stop him. its not my pace to say whats best for karma. if some one else wants to give it a shot differently. hey go for it.

Now, Alphi a problems has come up. Kosmost wants share of the OP so he can update it ( which i def am not upkeeping it)  so i need old timers advice. what says you ?

It's flawed in that those addresses in the top 1000 will control more than 90% of the coins forever because of the rapid block halving (given the community interaction I am guessing those addresses are owned by less than 100 people), few people being able to buy them and even fewer giving them away to increase the network.

This coin was designed to expand (and die) much faster than bitcoin. That was a very bad idea because it meant that the Karma community would have to face all of the technical issue of miners drying up long before BTC ever would.

As for who should have control of the OP.. I really can't comment. its not my place to say since I too left a long time ago.

I will say this however. I agree with the policy of remaining neutral on the issue of Side chains, ICOs and Coin swaps.
Its really not the place of community leaders to tell people how they can and can't use their coins, all we can do is highlight the risks.

For years I warned about keeping too many coins on exchanges but few people listened. I was actually in the process of removing all my coins from crapsty right before it went down.. All I could do was laugh at my own slow reaction times lol...

Final thoughts: This thread should be for Karm as it is. If anyone goes down the path of creating an entirely new currency/asset then that should go on another thread. If we are going to fork the existing blockchain then we should discuss that here. In any case I will support any initiative that involves greater community engagement by getting people involved with the coin at the lowest possible entry point (I still believe that it should include being able to mine the coins at home without the need for fancy hardware or wads of cash).

Just my 2c.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 04:01:16 PM

This thread should be for Karm as it is. If anyone goes down the path of creating an entirely new currency/asset then that should go on another thread. If we are going to fork the existing blockchain then we should discuss that here. In any case I will support any initiative that involves greater community engagement by getting people involved with the coin at the lowest possible entry point (I still believe that it should include being able to mine the coins at home without the need for fancy hardware or wads of cash).

Just my 2c.

Well said, and agreed.

By the way, I believe the Ethereum Karma can be mined in the wallet on a standard computer. Someone should be able to open up the wallet and click on the mining function to receive 'free' Karma. I'll have to double-check this, math-wise to see if it's feasible.

But the real question today is who is going to join the team for the new X11 wallet....

It would be ironic if I had to lead both teams because no one stepped forward. That would be kind of embarrassing for some of us that are complaining.

Alphi

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:07:53 PM

But the real question today is who is going to join the team for the new X11 wallet....

The coin isn't going anywhere.. I'm sure someone will step up eventually.

I am hands off because I really don't have much investment in the coin anymore and I am working on other projects.
I do however, like the concept and the community, that's why I came back to see whats happening. Funny how the same old arguments tend to repeat themselves. lol

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:29:12 PM

Now, Alphi a problems has come up. Kosmost wants share of the OP so he can update it ( which i def am not upkeeping it)  so i need old timers advice. what says you ?

It's flawed in that those addresses in the top 1000 will control more than 90% of the coins forever because of the rapid block halving (given the community interaction I am guessing those addresses are owned by less than 100 people), few people being able to buy them and even fewer giving them away to increase the network.

This coin was designed to expand (and die) much faster than bitcoin. That was a very bad idea because it meant that the Karma community would have to face all of the technical issue of miners drying up long before BTC ever would.

As for who should have control of the OP.. I really can't comment. its not my place to say since I too left a long time ago.

I will say this however. I agree with the policy of remaining neutral on the issue of Side chains, ICOs and Coin swaps.
Its really not the place of community leaders to tell people how they can and can't use their coins, all we can do is highlight the risks.

For years I warned about keeping too many coins on exchanges but few people listened. I was actually in the process of removing all my coins from crapsty right before it went down.. All I could do was laugh at my own slow reaction times lol...

Final thoughts: This thread should be for Karm as it is. If anyone goes down the path of creating an entirely new currency/asset then that should go on another thread. If we are going to fork the existing blockchain then we should discuss that here. In any case I will support any initiative that involves greater community engagement by getting people involved with the coin at the lowest possible entry point (I still believe that it should include being able to mine the coins at home without the need for fancy hardware or wads of cash).

Just my 2c.

oh yeah the coin distribution is bad. but not as bad as most of coins.

Truthfully when we had hiro and brainstormed to change the supply from 1000:1 or 100:1 ratio. it was my understanding that it can not be done without messing the previous tx history. So if the main goal here is to reduce supply, than thats an automatic swap to a brand new chain. cant really be done on hard fork. unless some one can find a better dev? soopy , hiro and MRC, three devs said i cant be a hard fork.

Therefore keeping the same supply and drastically dropping new blocks rewards will def make the top rich list gods of this coin. Very tricky situation.

Hence why no one really did anything with this coins. I talked to many people through out the time and it just doest seam feasible and i couldn't find anyone up to help change the codes. you either stick with the same setting and improve things that wont effect previous txs like we did going from scrypt to x11. changing block difficulty, etc.

or do a swap to something new. but then you gotta worry for how to do it fairly.

Tough position.
tinaken_v

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:39:33 PM

Why should we change anything on KARMA in the first place...

Look at MOON:

221,991,143,521 MOON

Look at BYTECOIN:

183,018,069,583 BCN   

Look at DOGE:

109,799,737,211 DOGE   

They also have big number of coins and trading above 1 sat... maybe we just need to work together on the existing coin and get more people interested in the coin.  Lower supply doesn't mean more value for the coin. When you would reduce the number of coins of KARMA by 1000, will KARMA then trade 1000Sats or lower? It doesn't make sense to reduce the number of coins by 1000 and then find out that KARMA is only trading 100 sats...

Pages: « 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: