Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 [343] 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260365 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 11:34:11 AM

nice finding thx
in fact i think noone of us ever checked if there where 7 day age POS blocks in the past
maybe it was always 9 days

but as we see now 9 days seems to work fine

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 06:51:29 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 08:46:10 PM by popshot

I'm pleased to announce a refreshed version of the main website.

https://bit.diamonds/

It took a while due to perturbations along the way. Eventually we were forced to develop it in house.

Let's treat it as ready for public consumption, but of course it's still work in progress - certain things need to be optimised in terms of speed and formatting.
If you see any bugs please report. I know there is an issue with the way the slider is displayed in IE (below 11), but after doing traffic analysis, it's less then 1% of users so no need to spend time on fixing it.

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy it.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 08:22:38 PM

It took a while due to perturbations along the way. Eventually we were forced to develop it in house.

Let's treat it as ready for public consumption, but of course it's still work in progress - certain things need to be optimised in terms of speed and formatting.
If you see any bugs please report. I know there is an issue with the way the slider is displayed in IE (below 11), but after doing traffic analysis, it's less then 1% of users so no need to spend time on fixing it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Galactus

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:07:56 PM

pos not 3 days? 9? but in specification is written 3.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 10:41:13 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 12:42:18 PM by cryptonit

its actual at 9 days min age
BUT average time to mint  it will raise more towards 30 days now that the POS diff raise again and network adapted towards the new POS blocktimes

when u able mint a block have luck involed but the rewards u will earn always fit for the coin-age u gathered with that coin pile

so u lose nothing just because it need a few more days until u able claim a block

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:37:51 PM

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy it.

Popshot - Awesome job!  I like the movement on the screen.  Very cool!
-pokeytex

GimmeMyCoins

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:26:03 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 05:33:00 PM by GimmeMyCoins

BUT average time to mint  it will raise more towards 30 days now that the POS diff raise again and network adapted towards the new POS blocktimes

when u able mint a block have luck involed but the rewards u will earn always fit for the coin-age u gathered with that coin pile

so u lose nothing just because it need a few more days until u able claim a block

I normally don't post but this question has troubled me since it was addressed as a "minor" issue. What is the deciding factor for choosing the POS minimum stake age for the coin specification? I understand how it all works (i think i do Smiley but why was 3 days chosen and now 9 days is OK? We are talking about the the coin specs which I don't think should be determined by incorrect coding of the wallet. However, I do appreciate the amount of effort from everyone involved.

I personally was excited the POS minimum stake age was lowered to 3 days (I would prefer to it be 1 day, why wait 9 days?).

Thanks to everyone for their continued support of DMD Diamond.

Edit: This is meant as only a question and not FUD. My confidence in the DMD Dev team and the community is in no way shaken and I will continue to support it because I think that is what makes DMD Diamond a great investment.
Graywolf

Activity: 48
Merit: 60

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:38:06 PM

I normally don't post but this question has troubled me since it was addressed as a "minor" issue. What is the deciding factor for choosing the POS minimum stake age for the coin specification? I understand how it all works (i think i do Smiley but why was 3 days chosen and now 9 days is OK? We are talking about the the coin specs which I don't think should be determined by incorrect coding of the wallet. However, I do appreciate the amount of effort from everyone involved.

I personally was excited the POS minimum stake age was lowered to 3 days (I would prefer to it be 1 day, why wait 9 days?).

Edit: This is meant as only a question and not FUD. My confidence in the DMD Dev team and the community is in no way shaken and I will continue to support it because I think that is what makes DMD Diamond a great investment.

Hello
If the POS min goinage is short (one day), it means that only
a big pile owner can mint and a small pile owner does not mint nothing,never

br
GimmeMyCoins

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:12:34 PM

Hello
If the POS min goinage is short (one day), it means that only
a big pile owner can mint and a small pile owner does not mint nothing,never

br

That is an interesting idea. Could a current big pile holder mint everything if his coin piles were distributed into nice piles that would equal the number of POS blocks for 1 day (or 3 days or 9 days, why not) and prevent smaller holders from minting regardless of their coin age and accounting for randomness? If possible (not sure it is) there would be no advantage to maintain the piles (50%/year) and eventually the piles would be broke down into the same small piles competing against other small piles with coin age and randomness being the deciding factor.
In the end (if your concern is true) we would still be where we are right now but new holders and maybe even potential dumpers would see the joy of POS and stick around.

Interesting thought experiment if nothing else.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 07:16:30 PM

3 days was chosen because in the first POS cycles after POS blocktime reduction (6x )
faster we estimate network could run out of competing coins if we leave it at 7 days

that was the only reason for 3 days

and as we did see it nearly happend in the first POS cycle after trigger the POS diff was at end ultralow
but the network adapted and now after few cycles filled with lot more coin piles now so now 7 or even 9 days is no more issue

higher POS min age have a few positive effects
less POS transaction spam in wallet

higher protection against attempts to gather lot old coinpiles and try mit a lot blocks in a row

(relation between min age and max age is how easy such a attack is on our case now its 9:30 so a chance that ur 1000 10 dmd coinpiles u let gather 30 days age will be able mint 6 blocks in a row without a pow block or another guy POS block between are close to impossible) now think how this would be at a coin with 2 hours min age and 30 days max age if there a guy gathered lot max age coin piles he for sure would be the only one minting for a long time and could abuse that if he is evil and skillfull this is a securoty problem for pure POS coins we are double protected with high min age and hybrod POW/POS)

and last but not least
POS with high min age is a very effective way to shorten coins on exchanges

if its only 1 day or even lower u can buy some coins stake them for some days and sell them again
so the coins not effective "shortened" at exchange

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 07:24:27 PM

That is an interesting idea. Could a current big pile holder mint everything if his coin piles were distributed into nice piles that would equal the number of POS blocks for 1 day (or 3 days or 9 days, why not) and prevent smaller holders from minting regardless of their coin age and accounting for randomness? If possible (not sure it is) there would be no advantage to maintain the piles (50%/year) and eventually the piles would be broke down into the same small piles competing against other small piles with coin age and randomness being the deciding factor.
In the end (if your concern is true) we would still be where we are right now but new holders and maybe even potential dumpers would see the joy of POS and stick around.

Interesting thought experiment if nothing else.

in former post i decribed vulnerability of pure pos coins with big gap between min age max age

regarding the theory u have about big wallets can have a advantage by try mint more blocks

the answer is it doesnt work and it would give no advantage

u cant get more pos rewards because u able mint more blocks.....

the rewards always deepend on coin-age

and there is no way to manipulate that

look at blockexplorer whats the average coin pile size and age that successfull create a POS block

its now like 10 days and 10 dmd pile size

so in fact its easyer now for small DMD investors to mint their coins then before

u can expect that this values will change a bit over time

i expect it will be like average time to mint 15-20 days and average pile size 5-20 dmd

there will be some coin pile that stake after 30 days and merge together to a above 100 dmd coin pile

once this happens the network is full adapted to the new POS settings

Galactus

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:31:56 PM

then need to change the specification on page 1 on 9 days

GimmeMyCoins

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:42:57 PM

That is some good info and answers all my questions! Thanks for the response.
popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 08:55:44 PM

then need to change the specification on page 1 on 9 days

Changed, Thanks.

RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 03:54:28 AM

Now about that minting displayed calculation Wink

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 07:10:57 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 09:54:54 AM by cryptonit

Now about that minting displayed calculation Wink

daniel refuse to fix a even before trigger inacurate time to mint overview solution

instead he said he go to implement something better

now lets see what that will be

its basical just a minor glitch and wont lead to a fast wallet release without some other nice stuff in it

additional we have now a commuity driven code upgrade activity where daniel act more supportive and help at code review

thats really great news because more dev resources avaiable in DMD community is a great asset for our future

for people with crypto wallet coding skills its still possible to join this project

even if u just a starter in crypto but have the skill to read write understand QT

additional we seek people interested to help upgrade wallet gui

we have a very good design just make it alive in QT is now the task

as u can see we are growing and thats needed we have big plans for the future

and lack of manpower is slowing us down

as long as the big investor dont jump in so we can hire coders we relay 100% on code skilled people who donate their time

as daniel did since far over a year

and same way other people did for all services around website multipool cloudmining answer support questions maintain communication on forums and so on

DMD Diamond is a project that is close to be a company and step into small group of top coins existing

but until we mange to do that step we still stay what we are a project of crypto enthusiasts powered with shotload unpaid working hours spend for it

people without coding skill who want to support DMD do this by:

mining at dmd multipool
(hint: nicehash quark algo for nvidia GPU owners payout great u can use that on dmdm multipool even if we didnt implement the stats for it now
just use the correct miner settings:
cminer.exe -q -a quark  -o stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3345 -u BTCaddressLinkedToUrDMDmultipoolDMDaddress -p d=0.002 )

buy dmd at exchanges (not much at one bump but every few days a bit)
or even better fill the gap on buyorderbook which is already pretty big

talk about DMD with people u know and in forums u are active
not promote with agressive and with lies just state why urself have DMD in ur portfolio and why u think thats a good idea

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 07:34:40 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 12:11:00 PM by cryptonit

seems chainz have some hidden views

grafical rich list:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/explorer/bubble.dws?coin=dmd

seem cryptsy coldwallet now bigger than reactor

inflation overview:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dmd/#@inflation

clear visible the reduced inflation since 1000000 trigger
(if u select all time and then expand bottom slider to show whole timeframe)

fit to our coinrolloutplan (we are in month 23 now):

photon_coin

Activity: 310
Merit: 256

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 07:52:15 AM

this coin has actually been around a long time , had a few changes, nice to see some older coins still running

stoody

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:57:42 AM

hi all Smiley  i thought i would say that i mint dmd every day sometimes 3  to 4 times a day.... i only have a few hundred so im a small pile... just thought i would share that
Smiley
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:45:18 AM

this coin has actually been around a long time , had a few changes, nice to see some older coins still running

In a future, some old coins will be valued more than  what a new..
Look for a Swiss watch. Why they are valued so far, though today almost every device has a clock?
The answer is obvious. People appreciate quality and reliability.
And in the near future, it to be a Diamond.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
Pages: « 1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 [343] 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: