Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:37:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260363 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 11:40:01 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 12:07:52 AM by cryptonit

nice signatures if u want the BB code send crazyivan a PM

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:01:59 AM

Quote the message that crazyivan sent you, then copy paste the code you want !

Eureka - Thank you - I never used a signature before...  Is there a way I can keep my cloud mining address for others to look at?

Sure, u can edit the text whatever you like. But if I were you, I would not show my address to the public. Especially if there s something in it valuable.

Ok - I didn't realize it was a security issue.  I will not put it back.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 08:14:00 AM

as u can see in our sig we where not sure about the best 3 word combo to describe DMD Diamond
so we choose to suggest write what DMD Diamond is for u instead of all have the same words

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 11:22:11 AM

time is sprinting
its like the 24 days until xmas

922k already 78k to go

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:35:51 PM

True. It s going faster then I though it would. I guess the era of cheap Diamond s about to end very soon.
Eh, should ve started buying earlier.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:11:24 PM

Check you own block explorer  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dmd/#!network
You have 3 different sub versions running at once , they are not all the same code (each is different yet they work on the same network.)
And you have the newest subversion  /Diamond:2.0.4.1/
IP 193.68.21.19 in Varna , Bulgaria

This actually brings up an interesting point, though not the one that Argon was making: why is an officially suggested node (193.68.21.19, the first "connect=" suggestion for the solo mining config file) running a wallet version (2.0.4.1) that's more up-to-date than the source on GitHub (2.0.4.0)? I don't know much about coins server-side, but running bleeding-edge software on stuff that users interact with is usually a bad idea unless its stable. But if it's stable, why is it not on GitHub?

Just curious. Also, what are the updates to 2.0.4.1?

It is my failure to not propagate that changes to GitHub. Simply an "out of time" issue.

There is one simple change in 2.0.4.1: I found that one of the changes made in 2.0.4 was creating a problem, when you try to sync from scratch -- the process would become very slow, until you reach the algorithm switch point. The solution was to revert this one line change. I had to verify it on very loaded wallet, such as one of the permanent nodes, because the original "fix" was intended to reduce CPU load. There is absolutely no change in algorithm or protocol -- just a different optimization. This change also does not relate in any way to the function the permanent node performs (to relay blocks) -- the change only improves the initial loading of blocks from the network.
I have already posted about this issue/fix around new year.

There are other changes in code I am preparing for 2.0.4.2, that are more abusive, but these were never run on a production wallet.

If you remember (or read back) we decided long ago to change the version number with each, even cosmetic/UI change in order to reduce confusion.

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 11:00:50 PM

Yes ! BUT: We need the PR to be done NOW, before PoW reduction ! I cannot understand we can't find 0.6 BTC.

i disagree we need not to hurry with PR
we should avoid try create a hype because of POW reward reduction

the effect will be longterm visible and have possitive impact

but shortterm daytraders and their expected attempts to run for them lucrative pump and dump waves
will have more impact that reward reduction

i have to clear state dont buy DMD because u expect u can sell them at higher value in 2 months

u not the only one thinking this way and so u can expect lot sellpressure not from POW rewards but from speculators which try to cash out little gains

if u buy in DMD then for the long ride for DMD v3 and the trust in our team that we will make more out of DMD Diamond than just a nice fair longterm coinrolloutplan

i suggest t save promotion fund for a time when we can already release more infos about DMD v3

BUT no matter about the timining when we start promotion that the fund should be filled asap to be able run it when the time is right should be finshed soon there i aggree

im not the one who decide when we start promotion that our CEO Alex will handle

i just state my opinion about this topic

feldenthorne

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:42:13 PM

There is one simple change in 2.0.4.1: I found that one of the changes made in 2.0.4 was creating a problem, when you try to sync from scratch -- the process would become very slow, until you reach the algorithm switch point. The solution was to revert this one line change. I had to verify it on very loaded wallet, such as one of the permanent nodes, because the original "fix" was intended to reduce CPU load. There is absolutely no change in algorithm or protocol -- just a different optimization. This change also does not relate in any way to the function the permanent node performs (to relay blocks) -- the change only improves the initial loading of blocks from the network.
I have already posted about this issue/fix around new year.

Ah, I hadn't taken the time to check through months of postings... which is my bad. Thanks for explaining that again, though. And for answering my un-asked question about why my wallet took about three days to sync from scratch.
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 11:13:51 PM

Yes ! BUT: We need the PR to be done NOW, before PoW reduction ! I cannot understand we can't find 0.6 BTC.

i disagree we need not to hurry with PR
we should avoid try create a hype because of POW reward reduction

the effect will be longterm visible and have possitive impact

but shortterm daytraders and their expected attempts to run for them lucrative pump and dump waves
will have more impact that reward reduction

i have to clear state dont buy DMD because u expect u can sell them at higher value in 2 months

u not the only one thinking this way and so u can expect lot sellpressure not from POW rewards but from speculators which try to cash out little gains

if u buy in DMD then for the long ride for DMD v3 and the trust in our team that we will make more out of DMD Diamond than just a nice fair longterm coinrolloutplan

i suggest t save promotion fund for a time when we can already release more infos about DMD v3

BUT no matter about the timining when we start promotion that the fund should be filled asap to be able run it when the time is right should be finshed soon there i aggree

im not the one who decide when we start promotion that our CEO Alex will handle

i just state my opinion about this topic

I think you're exactly right on the PR issue and regarding the position not to purchase too much DMD at the moment.

DMD is about to go through one of it's biggest fluctuations since it's creation.  Promoting it now would be nonsensical, because more than likely new users to DMD would see it as either too unstable or a possible pump and dump -- even though we have the long-term data to prove it's stability.

RawCrypto

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:12:15 PM

I have been following this coin for while now, I really like POS coins but I know I still have a novice understanding of how a POS coin really works. Help me understand here please.

So this coin is still in POW/POS phase? With under a month until it goes completely to POS?

Also the graphs say after 4.5 mil coins the POS will be reduced by 25%, where does this 4.5mil come from? Does it mean the amount of coins distributed through people holding and staking? and where can I see how close we are to that 4.5mil marker?

Hope my questions make sense and I look forward to the future of the coin. Big ups to the devs for putting in the work to improve this coin and crypto-currency as a whole.

@RawCrypto
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:33:54 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 04:25:34 PM by crazyivan

I have been following this coin for while now, I really like POS coins but I know I still have a novice understanding of how a POS coin really works. Help me understand here please.

So this coin is still in POW/POS phase? With under a month until it goes completely to POS?

Also the graphs say after 4.5 mil coins the POS will be reduced by 25%, where does this 4.5mil come from? Does it mean the amount of coins distributed through people holding and staking? and where can I see how close we are to that 4.5mil marker?

Hope my questions make sense and I look forward to the future of the coin. Big ups to the devs for putting in the work to improve this coin and crypto-currency as a whole.

Yes, about a month until we go to PoS and PoW will be reduced. We are currently at about 930k coins, at 1 mil, PoW will get reduced almost 10x, fro 1.05 to 0.1 DMD per block. This means there will be significantly less coins in the market. At 1.5 milion coins, PoS will also get reduced to 25% per year which means even fever coins in the market. After PoW gets reduced, new coins ll be still mined but at reduced reward and they will also get generated through minting. All in all, if you feel DMD is the coin for you, now is the time to buy cause after April, supply s only going to get more and more reduced. I hope I ve helped a bit.

CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:13:46 PM

Yes, about a month until we go to PoS only. We are currently at about 930k coins, at 1 mil, PoW will get reduced almost 10x, fro 1.05 to 0.1 DMD per block. This means there will be significantly less coins in the market. At 1.5 milion coins, PoS will also get reduced to 25% per year which means even fever coins in the market. After PoW gets reduced, new coins ll be still mined but at reduced reward and they will also get generated through minting. All in all, if you feel DMD is the coin for you, now is the time to buy cause after April, supply s only going to get more and more reduced. I hope I ve helped a bit.

That is not my understanding. DMD will never be POS only; we are POW/POS, but POW reward will be reduced, not abolished.

Eventually, PON (proof of node) will also be added, making us POW/POS/PON.

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:26:02 PM

Yes, about a month until we go to PoS only. We are currently at about 930k coins, at 1 mil, PoW will get reduced almost 10x, fro 1.05 to 0.1 DMD per block. This means there will be significantly less coins in the market. At 1.5 milion coins, PoS will also get reduced to 25% per year which means even fever coins in the market. After PoW gets reduced, new coins ll be still mined but at reduced reward and they will also get generated through minting. All in all, if you feel DMD is the coin for you, now is the time to buy cause after April, supply s only going to get more and more reduced. I hope I ve helped a bit.

That is not my understanding. DMD will never be POS only; we are POW/POS, but POW reward will be reduced, not abolished.

Correct.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 08:34:35 PM

Correct.

say never never
DMD Diamond is designed as coinrollout plan for 30 years
that coinrolloutplan will stay
hat coins which u own now will be yours whatever future step we make  will stay

but stuff like pow pos or technologies our coin is utilizing can change
as long as they allow create similar coinrollout

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 09:14:36 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 09:35:48 PM by cryptonit

DMD Multipool LOTTO February
http://www.lotto6aus45.com/lottozahlen-joker/01-03-2015

winner is db9*****************ESZ 2015-02-08   557527

congrats i enjoy this winner a lot because it was a small miner

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:45:27 PM

DMD Multipool LOTTO February
http://www.lotto6aus45.com/lottozahlen-joker/01-03-2015

winner is db9*****************ESZ 2015-02-08   557527

congrats i enjoy this winner a lot because it was a small miner

Congratulations!

Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:14:41 PM

Hello,

I've been running the qt-wallet on my Windows 8.1 desktop PC with no problems altough I can never connect to more than the 4 peers defined in the .conf file.

However, I would love to set up a permanente node using one of my Raspberry Pi 2 but I can't seem to make it work. I managed to compile the qt-wallet but I can never get it to connect to a single peer, not even the ones in the .conf file!

What am I doing wrong? How can I improve the connectivity of my wallets?

Thanks!

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 03:30:47 PM

Hello,

I've been running the qt-wallet on my Windows 8.1 desktop PC with no problems altough I can never connect to more than the 4 peers defined in the .conf file.

However, I would love to set up a permanente node using one of my Raspberry Pi 2 but I can't seem to make it work. I managed to compile the qt-wallet but I can never get it to connect to a single peer, not even the ones in the .conf file!

What am I doing wrong? How can I improve the connectivity of my wallets?

Thanks!

change connect towards addnode
and  listen noirc settings like in example below in your diamond.conf

towards:

Code:
listen=1
noirc=1
addnode=193.68.21.19
addnode=54.191.208.14
addnode=54.255.133.30
addnode=54.86.164.216
bantime=600

regarding the rasperri pi2 i cant help
maybe someone else can i had no time until yet try our my pi2
to much timeconsuming other tasks

Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 04:39:00 PM

change connect towards addnode
and  listen noirc settings like in example below in your diamond.conf

towards:

Code:
listen=1
noirc=1
addnode=193.68.21.19
addnode=54.191.208.14
addnode=54.255.133.30
addnode=54.86.164.216
bantime=600

regarding the rasperri pi2 i cant help
maybe someone else can i had no time until yet try our my pi2
to much timeconsuming other tasks

I've tried that before but it didn't work  Huh

Now, I deleted everything from the data dir, used those new setting for the config file, and it worked.

I just hope I'll be able to stake my coins on the Pi  Tongue

Thanks!

feldenthorne

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:29:48 AM

I just hope I'll be able to stake my coins on the Pi  Tongue

I have my wallet running on a Radxa Rock Pro and I just staked my first coins. So assuming you followed pallas' instuctions or used my GitHub repo, you should be good to go. If you have it running, though, you're probably good anyway. Most of the changes necessary to compile the wallet only affect the built-in mining functionality, so you shouldn't even notice an error/crash/whatever unless you're CPU mining.
Pages: « 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: