Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:31:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 [691] 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260276 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 08:35:14 AM

big_coins
We are ready for discussion, and we are ready for discussions and proposals.
We are ready to discuss anything but absurd claims of theft.
After all, it's an open source project and as Cryptonit said, you can always try to organize your own project and set your own rules there taking all the risks and consequences.

But please read again carefully White Paper and try to understand what we wanted to tell you ..

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
big_coins

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 08:59:52 AM

i don't care if its 10 years or 20 years until my wallet is stolen.

DMD 3.0 now means cold storage is NO longer an option.

For many people who use cold storage as they may be old, ill, etc it really doesn't matter are now left abandoned.

No use saying 'oh just make a hot wallet every x years' this defies the whole security of cold storage.

This autosteal feature is VERY bad, if you really worried about old coins then come up with another method other than stealing.

Very bad day for DMD reputation when it comes to taking others legally held coins.

nothing is stolen u are proper informed about the DMDv3 ruleset 10 years in advance
u can choose to sell ur coins if u dont like it or spend 1 min every 9 years to secure ur coins

if u use ur coins as intended to run MN or POS ur coins are always save

sorry this is not true.

10 years + 1 day how many coins are still in my cold storage ? zero they have been stolen.

sorry thats not true

noone forces u to install DMDv3
if u and like minded people keep running DMDv2 wallet
u will have coins even after 10 year dont touch them

its a free choice to install DMDv3
its a open source software all the rulesets are open readable in the code nothing is hidden
noone force u to use it

its ur own choice

i can say we have the people we have the funds we have the experience and we have the plan
to make DMDv3 a great coin that will return into the top 100 and be part of blockchainpowered future

u are more then welcome to gather ur own team and funds and develop ur own vision of how DMD should be
maybe a good lesson to understand how much work we put in and respect it that we work hard for this coin

or u can just go the easy path when u disagree with DMDv3 then sell ur DMD
enjoy ur profit u sure made a lot from 0.30$ to 3$
or wait a bit longer to even earn more profit

i see on market a lot demand for DMD many new people wants to fill a masternode
noone is angry if u sell ur DMD

win win solution u got $ profit
we have one unhappy community member less

show me the bittrex market for 2.0 only coins ?

So there is no choice.

Sad that only 4 people decide all things and the rest of coin owners have no voice it seems.

Your way or the highway.

I will continue to be DMD owner but am very very sad you chose this dishonest way of recovering cold coins.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:04:13 AM

i don't care if its 10 years or 20 years until my wallet is stolen.

DMD 3.0 now means cold storage is NO longer an option.

For many people who use cold storage as they may be old, ill, etc it really doesn't matter are now left abandoned.

No use saying 'oh just make a hot wallet every x years' this defies the whole security of cold storage.

This autosteal feature is VERY bad, if you really worried about old coins then come up with another method other than stealing.

Very bad day for DMD reputation when it comes to taking others legally held coins.

nothing is stolen u are proper informed about the DMDv3 ruleset 10 years in advance
u can choose to sell ur coins if u dont like it or spend 1 min every 9 years to secure ur coins

if u use ur coins as intended to run MN or POS ur coins are always save

sorry this is not true.

10 years + 1 day how many coins are still in my cold storage ? zero they have been stolen.

sorry thats not true

noone forces u to install DMDv3
if u and like minded people keep running DMDv2 wallet
u will have coins even after 10 year dont touch them

its a free choice to install DMDv3
its a open source software all the rulesets are open readable in the code nothing is hidden
noone force u to use it

its ur own choice

i can say we have the people we have the funds we have the experience and we have the plan
to make DMDv3 a great coin that will return into the top 100 and be part of blockchainpowered future

u are more then welcome to gather ur own team and funds and develop ur own vision of how DMD should be
maybe a good lesson to understand how much work we put in and respect it that we work hard for this coin

or u can just go the easy path when u disagree with DMDv3 then sell ur DMD
enjoy ur profit u sure made a lot from 0.30$ to 3$
or wait a bit longer to even earn more profit

i see on market a lot demand for DMD many new people wants to fill a masternode
noone is angry if u sell ur DMD

win win solution u got $ profit
we have one unhappy community member less

So there is no choice.

Sad that only 4 people decide all things and the rest of coin owners have no voice it seems.

Your way or the highway.

I will continue to be DMD owner but am very very sad you chose this dishonest way of recovering cold coins.

I have already offered you to buy every single coin you own if you do not want to stay part of DMD community. I have also asked you several times not to call us thieves or dishonest people since these are false accusations. Next time I will not ask, I ll give you a negative trust rating cause you obviously enjoy spreading shit about good and hardworking people who are part of this community. Please do not make me do that, stay constructive and try to contribute to our growth. DMD has brought us nothing but profits, let s keep it that way. Thank you for your understanding.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 09:09:27 AM

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 09:13:18 AM

[

So there is no choice.

Your way or the highway.

my suggestion to u is take part in POS ur coins reset the timer each time they find a block
u are not only permanant save with ur coins u also earn a nice interest

optional if u want to have a endless secure coldwallet make its transaction size exact 10000 DMD

this count as masternode colateral size and is save too no matter of age

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:01:15 AM

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a couple questions:

- I believe a few weeks ago it was stated that the config steps to create a TOR masternode would be released with the whitepaper. I know we still have a time, I just want to know if we can count on the devs guidance to set things up properly of we should make them on our own.

- In the whitepaper there are clear references to the Legendary Addresses but not a single reference, for instance, to the special reactor keys auctioned 8 months ago. We paid for boosted staking power for a year and that ends in November. Someone mentioned that we are going to get the remaining coins that we were supposed to get from staking but there is no mention to that in the whitepaper.

Concerning the rest, I'm here for the long run!

hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:25:14 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2018, 07:08:22 PM by hallared

https://bit.diamonds/community/index.php/topic,165.msg1269.html#msg1269

Thank you everyone for taking part in this year’s DMD Diamond birthday cake competition.
As always your effort and dedication were amazing and as always it was incredibly difficult to choose a winner as all your work deserved being rewarded.
The consensus was achieved through multi stage voting that resulted in selecting 5 finalists and then the winners. Here are the results:

1st place – HALLARED

2nd place - EMMYTIM  

2nd place – YELENA

There are two second places with 100 DMD reward each. There is no 3rd place.
However, the two contestants who didn’t make to the podium will be rewarded with 10 DMD each.

4th – DIAMOND_MAZIEEKA

5th - DASSJDK

As we mentioned above, all the works were excellent and we feel that every contestant should get a reward.
This is why BB2EBB, EXTRAWELT, HALLER, CAPRICOINN, HSBOOKWORM, KITKAT and CARFACE receive 4 DMD each Smiley

We hope you enjoyed the whole experience and next year we’ll again see your entries.

May I ask everyone to contact me directly and provide your DMD Diamond addresses to which we’ll deposit the prizes!

(on DMD Forum)

I must say that me and my wife are very happy to have won once again, but also a bit surprised since there were many nice and beautiful birthday cakes this year. It was wonderful to look at all the lovely pictures in the thread, we wanted to have a taste of them all Smiley

Congratulations to all participants !

NoxX

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:49:14 AM

The DMD richlist shows 50 addresses with 10k+ DMD, 7 of which are Bittrex or Reactor.

Does that mean at the moment there could be 43 MN max, unless more coin accumulation / redistribution occurs?

Just trying to run some numbers to see if it would be worth the investment to increase my DMD to 10k...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:52:56 AM

The DMD richlist shows 50 addresses with 10k+ DMD, 7 of which are Bittrex or Reactor.

Does that mean at the moment there could be 43 MN max, unless more coin accumulation / redistribution occurs?

Just trying to run some numbers to see if it would be worth the investment to increase my DMD to 10k...

Your math is incorrect cause not every of these addresses holds 10k coins only. Some re going to be split into more then 1 masternodes. I asses to have around 85+ masternodes when we switch. How this number will change depends on market conditions. This is my best guess not an investment advice.

popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 10:55:29 AM

Good point Trimegistus, this info will find its way to the document.
Reactor keys will stop delivering and the remaining coins will be  sent to the reactor key holders.

- I believe a few weeks ago it was stated that the config steps to create a TOR masternode would be released with the whitepaper. I know we still have a time, I just want to know if we can count on the devs guidance to set things up properly of we should make them on our own.

- In the whitepaper there are clear references to the Legendary Addresses but not a single reference, for instance, to the special reactor keys auctioned 8 months ago. We paid for boosted staking power for a year and that ends in November. Someone mentioned that we are going to get the remaining coins that we were supposed to get from staking but there is no mention to that in the whitepaper.

shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:00:04 AM

All instructions and descriptions for configuring TOR, Proxi, IPv6 and  Masternode will be released by a separate discription.
Do not worry, this is an important point and it will not be left without attention.

Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:05:39 AM

Good point Trimegistus, this info will find its way to the document.
Reactor keys will stop delivering and the remaining coins will be  sent to the reactor key holders.

Thanks!

Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:11:47 AM

All instructions and descriptions for configuring TOR, Proxi, IPv6 and  Masternode will be released by a separate discription.
Do not worry, this is an important point and it will not be left without attention.

I'm not worried, it was just a reminder  Cheesy

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:25:31 AM

Very nice read on the white paper.  I am happy to have a MN and am working on a second.  Not sure if I can afford it but I will try to earn when the first MN goes live!

I was also a little concerned about the "treasure digging" trigger but after some careful thought - I realized that no matter what investment I am in I always check on my investments.  Even government treasury bonds that I could leave for 50 years without a worry.  I still log in every couple years and see what interest they are up to.  I know everyone doesn't fit that bill but I don't think it is unreasonable for someone to check in once every (10) years to say "Hey, I am still alive and remember I have this stash of funds!"

Just my 2 satoshi's worth!

Keep up the great work DMD Dev Team!

-pokeytex

NoxX

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:27:37 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2017, 11:42:35 AM by NoxX

Your math is incorrect cause not every of these addresses holds 10k coins only. Some re going to be split into more then 1 masternodes. I asses to have around 85+ masternodes when we switch. How this number will change depends on market conditions. This is my best guess not an investment advice.

Yeah, that's what I mean by "coin redistribution". But you also assume that all these large holders are active, know about the MN and can be bothered to split their coins, set up multiple MNs etc.

I think 85 is very optimistic, especially at the start, but at this point who knows  Grin

EDIT: Not sure if this is mentioned in the Whitepaper somewhere, but is looks like 140 MN is around the tipping point where MN give less return than POS

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:47:23 AM

Yeah, that's what I mean by "coin redistribution". But you also assume that all these large holders are active, know about the MN and can be bothered to split their coins, set up multiple MNs etc.

I think 85 is very optimistic, especially at the start, but at this point who knows  Grin

EDIT: Not sure if this is mentioned in the Whitepaper somewhere, but is looks like 140 MN is around the tipping point where MN give less return than POS

This balance of PoS vs MN is described in the paper. It s a safety mechanism which ensures stability of DMD system as well as adequate earnings for smart and active DMD holders.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 01:16:15 PM

Not sure if this is mentioned in the Whitepaper somewhere, but is looks like 140 MN is around the tipping point where MN give less return than POS

to see when POS rewards beat MN rewards u not only have to take in account how much masternodes are active
u additional have to take in account how much coins participate in POS

the less competition in POS the more often u earn rewards
this means even below 140 masternodes it can make sence move coins from MN towards POS

this is what we call a selfadjusting system that always take care a healthy amount of people participate in POS

hallared

The hen or the egg

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:43:04 PM

@ DMD Team

I have read the DMD White Paper and it's a nice piece of work and interesting reading. I have some questions though.

Quote: "Stage 1: from 2017-09-01 till 2018-02-01
From Block 0 till Block 115200 the reward will remain constant at 2.35DMD. Diamond's yearly monetary inflation will come down from the starting position of 23.7% and drop to 21.6% within 6 months time.

Stage 2: from 2017-03-01 till 2020-08-01
From Block 134400 till Block 691200 the reward emission will follow a curved line decreasing rewards slightly each month from 2.29DMD per block to 0.55DMD within 29 months. Also, a yearly monetary inflation rate will decrease substantially from 20.6% to 3.8% within that period.

Stage 3: from 2020-09-01 till 2027-07-01
From Block 710400 till block 2284800 the reduction in network rewards will slow down from 0.5 DMD to 0.157 DMD per block, while annual monetary inflation will fall from 3.5% to 0.96% within that period.

Stage 4: from 2027-08-01 - ongoing
From Block 2304000 onward the network rewards will remain at constant level of 0.1563 DMD per block. Yearly inflation will be reducing slowly from 0.95% to 0.87% in the space of 10 years."

It seems that some block intervals are missing between the stages. What will the block reward be for example between block 115200-134400? It also seems to be some discrepancies between the dates of the stages?

In the White paper there are no mentioning about PoS maturity time after successfully minting a block. Does that mean that the same coin pile can mint two blocks in a row if lucky? Or is there still some maturity time, corresponding to the nine days in DMD v2?

Quote: "Only the control wallet which start the Masternode and delegates the work towards it must have access to the private key of the address with the coins."

Does this mean the control wallet with the collateral must be online continuosly? If not, what does "delegates the work" mean?

Some elaboration regarding these mentioned "ghost coins" would be appreciated. What exactly is it?

Quote: "In the near future DMD Diamond will feature a second more complex and more secure address schema (far beyond what Bitcoin protocol offers) which will make it much harder for brute force quantumcomputer attack to be successful."

Will this affect the possibility to import old private keys from DMD v2?

shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:09:03 PM

Of course, we will have full compatibility of both wallet.dat files and private keys for import into a new wallet.
This was initially one of the most important points in the upgrade.

hallared

The hen or the egg

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:44:56 PM

Quote: "In the near future DMD Diamond will feature a second more complex and more secure address schema (far beyond what Bitcoin protocol offers) which will make it much harder for brute force quantumcomputer attack to be successful."

Of course, we will have full compatibility of both wallet.dat files and private keys for import into a new wallet.
This was initially one of the most important points in the upgrade.

Just to be clear; you are saying that a future implementation of a more complex and secure address schema (to prevent brute force quantumcomputer attacks) still will correspond to the original private keys belonging to the original DMD v2 addresses?

Pages: « 1 ... 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 [691] 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: