Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:03:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667520 times)
Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Monero

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 03:10:16 PM

On the topic of bounties, I am looking for someone to create tutorial videos for Monero.

I'd prefer someone who is somewhat of an established community member.

Tutorials will cover getting started in windows & linux, mining, and secure storage.

Please PM me for more information. We can negotiate pricing for each tutorial. These will be of great use to a lot of newcomers.

If I recall correctly, GingerAle already did some tutorials for getting started. So I would advise to PM him!

GingerAle Tutorials Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6AgEvNeIFw3fiEzRQ_Yswg

ugh, I need to make a new one. My idiot self didn't check that the compile instructions had changed. " make release-static-64 " is the build command you should use, if anyone's following that rambling video series Smiley

In linux you can hit tab to see what commands/options are available. You could tell users to do that and explain generally what which one does:

For instance, these are the targets now available:
all                   cmake-release         debug-test            release-static        release-static-arm6   release-test         
clean                 debug                 release               release-static-32     release-static-win32  tags                 
cmake-debug           debug-all             release-all           release-static-64     release-static-win64

If you give people general clues like diference between release/debug, static/test , 32/64/win64, etc. The viewer would then be educated to discern what each target means, and even eventual new ones.... or not:  Huh

GingerAle has been my first go to and I think he is great for the task, but I think he has been busy lately so I wanted to let others know that if they are interested in helping to make these videos that I am willing to pay a bounty for them.  Tongue
These videos will be not only helpful for myself, but for getting new people involved in XMR, especially before the GUI comes out, which could take a while.

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wanderlust

Activity: 225

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 03:16:14 PM

Indeed the CN Team do not dispute any of the BCN Team's version of events. No whistle-blowers crying scam. Not that it necessarily means much. In fact the early history suggests BCN devs helped CN devs implement the code. This has not been disputed by the CN Team either, at least as far as I'm aware

Oh, wait!  Crap!  You think the CN team and BCN Team actually might KNOW EACH OTHER?!??!??

You really are on another level.

The origin story suggests the circles were close. I doubt they were known to eachother personally since everybody in this space is so protective of their anonymity.

More importantly, since the CryptoNote team backed the story of the Java version being the first to be implemented [ https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=582 ] it is therefor not unreasonable to assume that they might cry afoul if BCN made fake claims. Just saying.
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:18:53 PM

The origin story suggests the circles were close. I doubt they were known to each other personally since everybody scammer, shill, and shitdev in this space is so protective of their anonymity.

^^FTFY

FYI, here in MoneroLand, several of the devs are quite public about their identities. Wink
Wanderlust

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:46:49 PM

The origin story suggests the circles were close. I doubt they were known to each other personally since everybody scammer, shill, and shitdev in this space is so protective of their anonymity.

^^FTFY

FYI, here in MoneroLand, several of the devs are quite public about their identities. Wink

public about their identities? good luck with that.

I'm confused about your "fix". Are you calling the still anonymous Satoshi Nakamoto a shitdev? Maybe he's a scammer too since he doesnt meet the "transparency requirements" of Monero peeps?

Or did you simply forget  that anonymity is not the calling card of scammers alone?
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:54:22 PM

No, I am not calling Satoshi a shitdev..

However, I am pointing out to you that at least two of the Monero Core Devs are public about their identities.

AND

I am refuting your assertion that "everybody" is "so protective of their anonymity."

AND

I am saying that shitty-ass devs and scammers and shills are almost always "protective of their anonymity."

It's one of the "if the shoe fits, wear it" type of statements.

Not everyone who maintains their anonymity is a shill or a scammer or a crap-ass dev.
But, nearly every scammer, shill, and stooge-dev tries to maintain their anonymity.

Did I break it down Barney-style enough for you?

EDIT: I am a proponent of Monero, the best secure, private, and untraceable cryptocurrency in existence, to my knowledge
and I have been for more than a year.

With that stated (Thank you, Captain Obvious), I would think someone could understand that I believe in the right to privacy of individuals;
and that each individual should be the one to decide when they want to be public and when they want to remain private.
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:59:33 PM

Yes I would consider someone who made off woth10% of billions of dollars and stopped communication midway through a project only a few years later a scammer.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 06:00:24 PM

STAHP feeding this guy.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Wanderlust

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:34:54 PM

Yes I would consider someone who made off woth10% of billions of dollars and stopped communication midway through a project only a few years later a scammer.

Quote of the day. Are you for real?
G2M

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:18:53 PM

You're damn right, tbh I had a similar thought toward you - you just don't do that shit irl. Unless you're a scammer or dead.

Ohvwell, just another reason for people to call the whole thing bullshit.

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:31:27 PM

STAHP feeding this guy.

Yes.
Wanderlust

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:53:03 PM

You Monerians with your righteous indignation. How many times has smooth caused FUD and panic in other threads here? Serves you boys right. What goes around comes around. You should probably stop feeding me now, I smell blood.
I keep pulling at this thread and the whole tapestry comes unwoven, savvy?

You wont hear from me again as long as you guys stop playing crypto-guardians. You cant even best me. And this BCN thing is totally 50/50.

And yes, having your devs ID's known is risky moving forward. Anon currency requires Anon devs. WAKE UP FFS and get with the program… it's Big Brother shit out there!!!

p.s. IF u quote me at least have the respect the quote me fully… Laterz

* Wanderlust wanders off
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:58:29 PM

You Monerians with your righteous indignation. How many times has smooth caused FUD and panic in other threads here? Serves you boys right. What goes around comes around. You should probably stop feeding me now, I smell blood.
I keep pulling at this thread and the whole tapestry comes unwoven, savvy?

You wont hear from me again as long as you guys stop playing crypto-guardians. You cant even best me. And this BCN thing is totally 50/50.

And yes, having your devs ID's known is risky moving forward. Anon currency requires Anon devs. WAKE UP FFS and get with the program… it's Big Brother shit out there!!!

p.s. IF u quote me at least have the respect the quote me fully… Laterz

* Wanderlust wanders off

ROFL. Bye now.
G2M

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:01:36 PM

Yes buhbye lovie sorry you don't have the capacity to make your point.

If only you had one ... Yes maybe then

Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:25:55 PM

And this BCN thing is totally 50/50.

Sorry but you're off topic. Mind taking it to an appropriate thread?
Wanderlust

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:37:13 PM

OK … one more shot.

1) you're the guy who says Satoshi is a scammer
2) YOU MISSED MY POINT? Really? My point is you guys got nothin' on BCN.  No real evidence. Nothing.

whatever u say about them your whole reason for existing is cause you feel BCN is a scam. A scam that you borrowed code from. And you ritually bash your anonymous patrons. Kinda sick.

If your theory is proven to be correct I apologize in advance.
In the meantime you're just throwing shit around IMO.
kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:37:42 PM

I see Wanderlust (Blockafeat) has shown his true colors at last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7QKhfCRlRU

This video is pretty funny, but then you realize the comments are made by sockpuppets registered around the same day, basically the tactic of Bytecoin trolls is to accuse Monero of their own dirty tactics. Some did not even bothered to change nick when registering as administrators of bytecointalk.org, hilarious.
Wanderlust

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:40:20 PM

I see Wanderlust (Blockafeat) has shown his true colors at last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7QKhfCRlRU

This video is pretty funny, but then you realize the comments are made by sockpuppets registered around the same day, basically the tactic of Bytecoin trolls is to accuse Monero of their own dirty tactics. Some did not even bothered to change nick when registering as administrators of bytecointalk.org, hilarious.

No colours here. Just started getting irritated (the holier-than-thou crap is tiresome). props kazuki btw - i enjoyed ur posts
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 08:51:34 PM

I should have hit the ignore button as soon as he said that they could have kept the coins to prevent the bad guys from gaining control of them. Someone get Madoff's attorney on the phone, I think we found a loophole in logic that could get him an appeal. I call it, "The yacht is keeping your investment secure" defense. If it don't sink, Bernie gets out the clink.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1107

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 09:00:26 PM

Screaming generally agreed upon facts doesn't qualify as "analysis" in my opinion, and I would take issue with your statement about no one knowing the history of BCN. We do know the public history for last 15 months or whatever: when it was publicly released,  they released a white paper with a faked creation date, they released a very slow CPU miner with their public release, etc...

who is screaming? And I said nobody here (BCT). Prob should have said "seems to know"

as I mentioned to your fellow community member:

If my statements* are obvious to you it flummoxes me how XMR can call out BCN as a scam as though it were the gospel truth. Far too little is known to make definitive comments one way or the other.

NOBODY HERE KNOWS WHAT THE HELL THE HISTORY OF CN OR BCN IS.
NOBODY HERE KNOWS WHO CREATED CN OR BCN.
NOBODY HERE KNOWS SPECIFIC INFO REGARDING DATES OF LAUNCH FOR EITHER CN OR BCN.
NOBODY HERE KNOWS THE EXACT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CN AND BCN DEVS.
BOTH CN AND BCN DEVS REMAIN ANONYMOUS.
WHAT WE DO KNOW IS THAT BCN WAS THE FIRST CN COIN

You are screaming. It is common knowledge that using all capital letters in an online setting is generally considered yelling or screaming:

With the advent of the Bulletin board system, or BBS, and later the Internet, typing messages in all caps became closely identified with "shouting" or attention-seeking behavior, and is considered very rude. As a result, netiquette generally discourages the use of all caps when posting messages online. While all caps can be used as an alternative to rich-text "bolding" for a single word or phrase, to express emphasis, repeated use of all caps can be considered "shouting" or irritating. Its equivalence to shouting traces back to 1984 and traces back to printed typography usage of all capitals to mean shouting.[6] Such poor netiquette has led to a number of employees being laid off for this particular reason.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_caps

Bro, do you even internet?
G2M

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 09:32:41 PM

OK … one more shot.

1) you're the guy who says Satoshi is a scammer
2) YOU MISSED MY POINT? Really? My point is you guys got nothin' on BCN.  No real evidence. Nothing.

whatever u say about them your whole reason for existing is cause you feel BCN is a scam. A scam that you borrowed code from. And you ritually bash your anonymous patrons. Kinda sick.

If your theory is proven to be correct I apologize in advance.
In the meantime you're just throwing shit around IMO.

1) Yes I am, and I stand behind that. Though I would like to add that my explained stance is "alive scammer or dead hero". Jobs didn't walk away on Jan 24, 1984 and Gates didn't walk away in November 20, 1985.
2) I feel that we have their community, and their reference code, which they decided to open source some point last year around March. In that light, they've got nothing on Monero.

For anyone deciding to press me on this being OT, my current stance on that is that integral to the two points above. Without a story, there's no grey area, so the cn and bcn devs are alive scammers, or dead heroes IMO. We know neither for sure. We don't even know if the people presenting themselves to us are the original developers. Guess we don't really need to ... because ... we're the community they would have had if Monero didn't exist. So, just as Satoshi is on topic on bitcointalk, CN and BCN are on topic for Monero forum, because they are the public source of the inception of Monero. You can disagree w/ me, and I can disagree w/ you, but at the end of it regardless of this being a troll or a legitimately interested person who's bored - if I feel like typing some letters on a keyboard I'm just gonna do it.

People tend to favor active communities with less black and white, hence you see Monero in a much better social and economic situation than its predecessor. Same goes for other CN coins - the ones where the people have been presented with less black and white, and more of a story, more of a grey area, they tend to thrive.

So, logically IMO, if the people who were developing BCN wanted to thrive socially, they would need to present people with grey area. And I'm not talking about some WOW forum on tor story that nobody's gonna believe, I'm talking about not being so distant or weird. Really here would be nice. But then there's that whole story where most of the supply is mined out by now - where the idea that nobody can have all the currency and link tx's doesn't persist because the currency is in circulation.

Just like when Monero gets >80% mined in 3 more years there will be not even a potential guarantee that certain people aren't colluding to ruin the unlinkability. Because the reality is that people successfully purchase 51% of companies all of the time irl - no matter how much the holders believed in that company. But 3 years is a much better timeframe to allow for potential solutions to present themselves.

Don't you see? Crypto has devolved to the point where nobody wants to stay on the same fork anymore, because everyone knows it's not perfect, and it's not gonna be perfect, and it's gonna need so many more hard forks than people can imagine. Too many to hold value. The actual harm in just tossing another chain in the pile is gone, because most people here have come under the impression that when the perfect one does pop out then we'll just fork over to that, or start a new chain, or find a new favorite. The value will move to the most fit - it's designed that way. The people will move the value.

Nobody gives a fuck anymore about this one being some god-given right to monetary transactions, because the reality is that whoever gave it to us is either a scammer or dead, and we're left here to jerk off and piss all over it until value no longer has to protect itself from the deranged or dead.

Pages: « 1 ... 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: