Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:15:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667206 times)
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:17:23 AM

RIP  Grin

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:19:06 AM

You, captain Schettino, abandoned ship long ago, during the mintpal pump.
Source :
"12:52 AM <smooth> Alit: i'll only say that 1. I sold a lot during the mintpal pump, and 2. I bought some at around 0.002 during the bcx scare"

Yup, both nice trades. The first one was better of course (so far).
I wonder why that even bothers you? Oh that's right, because you are a miserable troll who compulsively insults and criticizes people. Got it.

I thought developers are hodlers, well I guess not. You're just trying to make a quick buck...

Unpaid developers have to make do with what they have. Trading to pay bills, increase position, etc. is not morally wrong. Attacking others, generally is, not to mention insensitive and deceptive (in this case).

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:23:50 AM

Fuck primer-, be smart and put him on your ignorelist.
Arux

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:24:00 AM

Why buy a $hitcoin like Monero when there's good quality code like NXT?   Huh

why read something boring like your post when there's good comments like smooth,fp, etc... Huh  Grin

Arux

Activity: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:24:12 AM

RIP  Grin

did you notice the bubble is inflating again and again every time she deflate?  Grin

GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:24:42 AM

Feeling a little off the track now Sad

1. The project seems to be stalled. Back in september fluffy said 6 weeks is the maximum time needed to get the db out. I am yet to find how to use it, im sure half of the people here are only able to use monero because of mymonero.

2. Without a usable client, the speculation thread is a joke, new people are not entering and we are buying and selling between ourselves.

3. The quality of posts has gone down a lot for dev 'smooth' He does not feel like a dev at all, constantly arguing with other coin people when it will clearly bear no fruit. Can anybody change our opinion about Monero? No, then how can we change someone else's?

Feels like this is going nowhere, its been an year and we have what? a db to put the chain off RAM? Please dont pull out that donation card on me, Satoshi, BCNext worked without donations even because they believed in themselves. Does our dev team has such confidence? Or are they doing just a task in their pass time as a hobby?

The devs owe us nothing but there is a reason they are the leaders, i dont see any passion

my two millinero
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:27:09 AM

1. The project seems to be stalled. Back in september fluffy said 6 weeks is the maximum time needed to get the db out. I am yet to find how to use it, im sure half of the people here are only able to use monero because of mymonero.

2. Without a usable client, the speculation thread is a joke, new people are not entering and we are buying and selling between ourselves.

3. The quality of posts has gone down a lot for dev 'smooth' He does not feel like a dev at all, constantly arguing with other coin people when it will clearly bear no fruit. Can anybody change our opinion about Monero? No, then how can we change someone else's?

Feels like this is going nowhere, its been an year and we have what? a db to put the chain off RAM? Please dont pull out that donation card on me, Satoshi, BCNext worked without donations even because they believed in themselves. Does our dev team has such confidence? Or are they doing just a task in their pass time as a hobby?

The devs owe us nothing but there is a reason they are the leaders, i dont see any passion

my two millinero

OMG, Troll Troll Troll

/s
nakaone

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:33:26 AM

after the boom xmr-to-btc-parity-phase the doom xmr-devs-are-lazy-we-see-a-5-month-downswing-phase came in so fast that I am really wondering if we go as low as I expected.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 09:37:00 AM

Yup, both nice trades. The first one was better of course (so far).
I wonder why that even bothers you? Oh that's right, because you are a miserable troll who compulsively insults and criticizes people. Got it.

I thought developers are hodlers, well I guess not. You're just trying to make a quick buck...

Alit / primer- / Poloniex-trollbox-BCX, why don't you just fork Monero and take it over? I mean, since you're a CEO with tons of developers, and clearly you know exactly how developers out to behave and operate.

Some choice quotes for posterity:

<Alit> No thanks. bots like tippero went extinct 15 years ago

<Alit> When are crypto developers going to learn... "Soon" is not a timeframe.  Don't you have any work experience ? Try giving soon as a time frame to your employer...
<Alit> No one is going to take you serious with "soon" as a timeframe

<Alit> I'm actually a big xmr fan. I hold almost 100k xmr..
<fluffypony> Alit: you should totally get yourself in the Community Hall of Fame
<Alit> i considered it
<Alit> but you were too slow with the development.. 6 months for DB/GUI is way beyond my liking..
<fluffypony> so before we got to the 6 months
<fluffypony> let's say in June last year
<fluffypony> how much did you donate then?
<Alit> nothing i started mining back in June
<Alit> in September i considered
<Alit> In November i decided not to.
<Alit> Had i known a donation would speed up development i would have donated

<Alit> i'ma gonna rape your tippero bot now moneromoo
<Alit> won 21 monero, withdrew 20, i love taking money from moneromoo Smiley
<Alit> well you guys can always ask for more donations on btctalk
<Alit> damn, core team gonna go broke, won another 10xmr
<Alit> the point is, you aint getting it back from me, i've already withdrew 30 Smiley taking money from core team feels so good Smiley

<Alit> smooth is such a retard
<Alit> go develop that shitcoin and dissapear from here

<Alit> David you should focus on writing, your French accent is very hard to follow. Leave the public speaking to professionals...
<Alit> well to be honest david doesnt just sound terrible, he looks funny too
<Alit> must be his 2nd time he wore a suit
<Alit> and the hair.. as if he just woke up..
<Alit> public speaking is not for everyone
<Alit> unless you are a fcking genius like Andreas Antonopoulos

<Alit> i dont know what to say to you othe, how retarded are you...

<Alit> Im used to French accent, spend most summers at cote d provance
<Alit> meant to say azure, cote d provance is actually the rose wine i like Smiley

<Alit> heh i lost everything to tippero Smiley
<Alit> time for a 10km run, bbl

<Alit> fluffy never makes eta's
<Alit> maybe this time you get the static binaries right
<Alit> but i seriously doubt it
<Alit> its as if the person in charge of cimpiling is completely clueless

<Alit> monero project really needs some senior coders... no pun intended..
<Alit> its been years since i wrote anything usefull..
<Alit> but i work with professionals
<Alit> hell i could get one of my people to do the gui in less than a month..

<Alit> so little has been done in the last year
<Alit> fluffy is the only dev

<Alit> iAmA real boss
<Alit> one can tell ive been a ceo all my life Smiley
<Alit> im the ceo i dont need comradery skills
<Alit> ceo work calling, bbl

<Alit> damn, my $500 keyboard is dyingg

<Alit> i've dumped everything
<Alit> well kept some
<Alit> but 90% dumped
<Alit> i dont like the passiveness of the dev and the community

<Alit> if i was to sell everything now
<Alit> price would go back to 002

<Alit> im waiting for new developers to show up and build community confidence
<Alit> the current team is baaad Smiley
<Alit> new blood will come
<Alit> and make things better

<Alit> dEBRUYNE, both dev and community passiveness
<Alit> no opinions thrown around in the main thread
<Alit> 5-6 active posters, others silent

<Alit> scammer atrides scammed 10k xmr in donations almost 4 months ago
<Alit> wrote few lines of code
<Alit> and no one cares
<Alit> polo scams miners by keeping unclaimed xmr, no one cares
<Alit> sad
<Alit> db announced months ago, still noithung
<Alit> sad, fucking sad
<Alit> dev team cant give a single damn deadline

<tewinget> Alit: how many commits have you pull requested?
<Alit> none
<Alit> we cant all work on code

So just to recap: "big holder" that has contributed 0 because he "didn't know that would speed up development" (despite being a "CEO"), hasn't contributed a line of code, hasn't done anything of any value or note, but has a lot of complaints. A lot of them.

primer-
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:44:04 AM

Good work quoting most of the text out of context... What are you trying to prove anyways ?
Amateur hour...
cryptrol

Activity: 637

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:45:51 AM

Feels like this is going nowhere, its been an year and we have what? a db to put the chain off RAM?

Why don't use the BCN implementation ? Isn't Monero originating from the same codebase ? I have not followed Monero development.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 09:51:19 AM

my two millinero

1. No, in this comment I said that it required 6 man weeks worth of effort, not that it would take 6 weeks. Depending on your resource availability, constraints, and inter-dependencies, you can cram 6 man-weeks into 3 days or into 6 months. Actual timelines are unrelated to the timeframes used to estimate costs.

2. Is MyMonero not usable? How many speculators do you know that will willingly run full nodes, regardless of how pretty the client is?

3. I think smooth has posted on things he is passionate about, including obvious scams that he observes. I don't think he has any obligation to act one way or another, he is not the public representative of a company, he is an individual with his own thoughts, feelings, and ideas.

I'm not sure what you mean by there not being passion. Look at the main github a month ago and today and make a comparison (output snipped for legibility) -

[ ric->bitmonero ]$ git checkout c01069f
Note: checking out 'c01069f'.
HEAD is now at c01069f... fixed English word list issue: 'launchpad' should be 'ourselves'
[ ric->bitmonero ]$ cloc ./
     926 text files.
     914 unique files.                                          
     152 files ignored.

http://cloc.sourceforge.net v 1.62  T=5.89 s (131.8 files/s, 50722.1 lines/s)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Language                             files          blank        comment           code
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUM:                                   776          28801          60989         208781

[ ric->bitmonero ]$ git checkout master
Previous HEAD position was c01069f... fixed English word list issue: 'launchpad' should be 'ourselves'
Switched to branch 'master'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
[ ric->bitmonero ]$ cloc ./
     986 text files.
     971 unique files.                                          
     164 files ignored.

http://cloc.sourceforge.net v 1.62  T=5.09 s (161.8 files/s, 60926.7 lines/s)
Language                             files          blank        comment           code
SUM:                                   824          30444          62837         217059

Pretty sure the 48 new files, 1 848 new lines of comments, and 8 278 new lines of code could be considered as the result of "passion" - and that completely excludes the blockchainDB branch or the work being done on 0MQ etc.

primer-
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:52:50 AM

So just to recap: "big holder" that has contributed 0 because he "didn't know that would speed up development" (despite being a "CEO"), hasn't contributed a line of code, hasn't done anything of any value or note, but has a lot of complaints. A lot of them.

...and no, throwing money at a problem never helps... Tell us more about donations dev team received and how many btc you supposedly spent on bandwith.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:00:13 AM

GTO911: Try to help, not to accuse.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 10:02:04 AM

...and no, throwing money at a problem never helps... Tell us more about donations dev team received and how many btc you supposedly spent on bandwith.

Tell us more about your "CEO" position and how many employees you supposedly have?

primer-
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:03:28 AM

Tell us more about your "CEO" position and how many employees you supposedly have?

How is my work related to any of this ?! Fucking joke you are.
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:14:12 AM

GTO911: Try to help, not to accuse.

I am not accusing, what have i done for the project to do that? Its just how i feel. Like a consciousness not judging but presenting the view.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 10:18:31 AM

How is my work related to any of this ?! Fucking joke you are.

Your entire argument about how "bad" we are rests on you knowing "better" because you're a "CEO".

<Alit> the point is, you aint getting it back from me, i've already withdrew 30 Smiley taking money from core team feels so good Smiley

<Alit> none

So you don't donate or contribute code or participate in any valuable way, instead you actively try and *take* money from the developers. But it's ok, bro, because you're a CEO, bro, and you know how to develop an open-source cryptocurrency best, bro.

e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:19:42 AM

XMR and Poloniex are a nice couple and some a troll, this BCX/primer- whatever don't like it.

I don't think primer is BCX.  Primer is petty, frothy, and rabid.

BCX doesn't roll like that.  He has the grandiose, unmistakable class and puckish humor of an authentic BCT elder.  Concern trolling over such a minute issue isn't at all his style.

Primer is just a lame alt-kiddie not fit to shine, much less fill, BCX's huge assclown shoes.   Cheesy

"BCX" on polo trollbox is not the same as "BitcoinEXpress" on btct

This is ancient history, but I happened to be reading the Poloniex trollbox when Polo-BCX made some kind of vague threat and was challenged to prove he was Bitcointalk-BitcoinEXpress. "BitcoinEXpress" then posted to the XMR trolling thread, establishing his identity, and then quickly deleted that post. (I saw the post when it first appeared, satisfying the Poloniex trolls, and then noted that it was gone). Poloniex was soon thereafter DDOS'd and some of us speculated that BCX was thereby in legal jeopardy as the prime suspect for a cyber-crime. My impression was that Polo-BCX since then has taken pains to create the impression that he was not identical to BitcoinEXpress.

Obviously, nicks can be sold and it's hard to know what has happened since then, but I'm quite sure that at the time of the DDOS, Polo-BCX was BitcoinEXpress.

Those like the above are history parts hard to discover. Noted, Quoted, Bookmarked, thank you very much.
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:22:29 AM

Your entire argument about how "bad" we are rests on you knowing "better" because you're a "CEO".

<Alit> none

So you don't donate or contribute code or participate in any valuable way, instead you actively try and *take* money from the developers. But it's ok, bro, because you're a CEO, bro, and you know how to develop an open-source cryptocurrency best, bro.

Keep the bro language and irrelevant posts for the pub, your reputation is on line here (lost completely in my opinion)...
Pages: « 1 ... 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: