Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:14:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4669112 times)
bitcoinuserz

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

What is the relationship btw monero and shadow?

Korean Chinese Translator

Professional Korean translator.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:55:29 PM

Any idea what the current blockchain size is? My macbook only had 11.5 GB space left, it's now at 6GB  Embarrassed

9,36 GB
Thanks, just a few Gigs left than Wink

Be careful, from my experience Macs don't like it when you get under 10GB of free space...if your system begins slowing to a crawl you may need to delete something.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 01:10:15 PM

Deeply envious antipathy in one direction, amused yet saddened contempt in the other.  

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
CTTE

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:33:33 PM

Deeply envious antipathy in one direction, amused yet saddened contempt in the other.  
Harsh... But true! 

I did literally laugh out loud when I read that!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:13:19 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/50t0jf/roger_ver_the_discontinuation_of_shared_send_at/

Roger Ver: "The discontinuation of Shared Send at Blockchain.info was due to threats of violence made by strangers in government."

So much for centralized, single point of failure Bitcoin mixers.

The crackdown has begun.  Not looking good for Dash Masternode operators either.  The Apple banhammer is just the start of their problems with LEA.

"Mix at the protocol level or not at all" seems to be the most probable outcome of this trend.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:47:37 PM

Monero critics out in the wild point to very low XMR transaction count - about 3 per block in last couple hours.  "...doesn't support today's price...".

Are they wrong?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:49:57 PM

Monero critics out in the wild point to very low XMR transaction count - about 3 per block in last couple hours.  "...doesn't support today's price...".

Are they wrong?

It's been officially engaged in commerce for hours and hours now.  What's taking so long  Roll Eyes
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:57:40 PM

Are they wrong?

Corrected by average block time, that's the same as 15 BTC tx per block, which is roughly the average on the Bitcoin network the first half of 2011.

When their was the DB version bug in Bitcoin and an accidental hardfork occured, the network was basically useless for several hours. Was the price of BTC to be zero immediately? No because the value lies in expectations, not just on the current immediate situation. Enough people seem to have enough expectations about Monero to support today's price, apparently.

They're not right or wrong, it's their view, and the market will decide.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:01:56 PM

Do we have 10-20 people willing to come to the 1st Global Monero Castle Summit?

I think it could be held 4 weeks from now, or some later time.

It's possible to come for 5 days, but the main event would be a weekend one.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:30:53 PM

Any idea what the current blockchain size is? My macbook only had 11.5 GB space left, it's now at 6GB  Embarrassed

9,36 GB

Buy one of these for about 30 USD and use --data-dir

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/usb-flash-drives/usb-3-0-flash-drive-fit-128gb-muf-128bb-muf-128bb-am/
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:45:04 PM

9,36 GB

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/usb-flash-drives/usb-3-0-flash-drive-fit-128gb-muf-128bb-muf-128bb-am/

I wonder if it would work to install a linux os on that thumb drive, sync up and run a node.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:55:54 PM

9,36 GB

I wonder if it would work to install a linux os on that thumb drive, sync up and run a node.

It would work fine.
googie4

Activity: 300

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:22:39 PM

Why is the price up today?
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:32:49 PM

I assume because it's finally getting noticed - I saw a news article today saying it was going to hit $15, but other than the pending gui wallet beta news in a few weeks, idk?  Cool

edit - https://btcmanager.com/news/moneros-run-just-starting-15-in-sight/

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
googie4

Activity: 300

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:55:29 PM

I assume because it's finally getting noticed - I saw a news article today saying it was going to hit $15, but other than the pending gui wallet beta news in a few weeks, idk?  Cool

edit - https://btcmanager.com/news/moneros-run-just-starting-15-in-sight/

I bought some, and then it was straight down in red. Cheesy It's a scary game. For those who are winning, others are losing. I'm ok because after 20 minutes if kept going down and down, but then back up.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 09:14:05 PM

This, and similar questions, are on-topic in the speculation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.new#new

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 09:55:56 PM

9,36 GB

It would work fine.

I second that. I've put Ubuntu 14.04 on a USB3 32GB and ran a node from it, no problems.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 05:48:30 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/50t0jf/roger_ver_the_discontinuation_of_shared_send_at/

Roger Ver: "The discontinuation of Shared Send at Blockchain.info was due to threats of violence made by strangers in government."

So much for centralized, single point of failure Bitcoin mixers.

The crackdown has begun.  Not looking good for Dash Masternode operators either.  The Apple banhammer is just the start of their problems with LEA.

"Mix at the protocol level or not at all" seems to be the most probable outcome of this trend.

Dash got banned from the Apple store?

Yes, and it's relevant to Monero because we're not sure if Dash was banned for

1. privacy theater (but this standard would have also effected BTC, which is easily tumbled through CoinShuffle, etc)
or
2. being a sleazy OneCoin-type HYIP scam, replete with Instamine, emission cut, autocratic centralized governance, and thus failing the Howey Test for illegal unregistered securities.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
harmani21

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 09:15:04 AM

MONERO EXPOSED!!

Exposure part 1
Be carefull investing in Monero there is a lot going behind the scenes !
A well orginized crime is going on on monero price pump .
Some serious monero investors and/or monero devs with some well known trollers of other coins (not going to mention names) because they do know who  are they have been browsing undernet markets basicaly they are involved with ilegal activities till the point that they are in direct communication with Alphabay admins (not to mention nicknames ) which means they have been pushing hard their scheme of pumping monero.
One of this members have proposed to alphabay administrators to accept monero on their ilegal site with the promise to further wash their stolen btc and to multiply them by pumpin the coin x7 times of the original price which shouldnt be more than 2-3$ .

This lucrious proposal have been very attracting to alphabay admins which they immidiately started implementing monero on the site and after that they started the real action (converting stolen bitcoins to monero )in other means stacking up and manipulting the monero market on their only / centralized exchange (i wonder what will happen to monero if poloniex gets hacked probably by criminals like alphabay admins) ....story continues stat tuned for monero exposure ...(part 2 there is going to be made some real revelation )
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 09:23:41 AM

MONERO EXPOSED!!

Exposure part 1
Be carefull investing in Monero there is a lot going behind the scenes !
A well orginized crime is going on on monero price pump .
Some serious monero investors and/or monero devs with some well known trollers of other coins (not going to mention names) because they do know who  are they have been browsing undernet markets basicaly they are involved with ilegal activities till the point that they are in direct communication with Alphabay admins (not to mention nicknames ) which means they have been pushing hard their scheme of pumping monero.
One of this members have proposed to alphabay administrators to accept monero on their ilegal site with the promise to further wash their stolen btc and to multiply them by pumpin the coin x7 times of the original price which shouldnt be more than 2-3$ .

This lucrious proposal have been very attracting to alphabay admins which they immidiately started implementing monero on the site and after that they started the real action (converting stolen bitcoins to monero )in other means stacking up and manipulting the monero market on their only / centralized exchange (i wonder what will happen to monero if poloniex gets hacked probably by criminals like alphabay admins) ....story continues stat tuned for monero exposure ...(part 2 there is going to be made some real revelation )

Your last post from the DASH board:

Like a dash investor i realy wonder what the hell is going on with this monero hype , i mean this is obvious that admins of this ilegal deepweb market are trying to pump that hard so they multiply their stack on monero after its acceptance to their site.
And i realy wonder how morons they can be to accept a cryptonote NSA project coin like monero, this is obvious that it is a honeypot of the  law enforcement which they throw to them so they bust the hell down and make monero look like a little child that have been beaten by his mother for being a bad kid.
On this side of world we say " it laughs better he who will laugh last" which means that a dash will shine brighter and will have an increase with healthier parameters rather than a pump and dump from ilegal activities thing.
A coin which offers reward for maintaining the system ,which offers bugdet proposals voting system ,soon evolution platform and last not least an unbroken anonymity cannot get compared to a fucking broken without wallet coint like monero.
So i wish good luck to alphabay admins and i hope they enjoy their gains from this scam scheme which monero is trying to promote.
And last but not least i will warn all your trollers scammers agents that come here on dash forum trying to attach dash that be carefull pushing monero further to black markets because one day can hit you back.
Best regards

P.S

Im preparing my popcorn to watch monero price dumping that hard that some people might not believe to their eyes because some of them gonna lose enough money probably they gonna commit suicide.
Be carefull to not invest what you cant afford to lose because alphabay admins are planning to dump all their monero stack very soon believe me or not this wont happen later than end of october

You might want to rethink your last post. lol. Don't know where to start with you.

Anyway, let me save you a few bucks. Looks like Dash might be nearing it's end. They should have put the anonymity in the protocol. The node owners are gonna have some legal problems in the future and that is just starting to surface.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Pages: « 1 ... 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: