Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:22:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 [1608] 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667206 times)
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 12:02:35 PM

Prompt pool with minimum withdrawal. Besides dwarfpool.

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:20:45 PM

Have you really utilized the sweep_unmixable command? Because from your logs it seems like you have a lot of (possibly unmixable) small inputs, which results in a high fee.

In addition, did you mine to this wallet?
Yes, I have utilised sweep_unmixable and now I get the result "Error: No unmixable outputs found" when try to use again.
Yes, unfortunately I did mine to this wallet. The most of my mining was with Minergate however, not p2p pool.

The recent proposal is 3.18 XMR of fee for sending 4 XMR. We are approaching 100% of original transaction amount.

Best to wait for a future version that supports lower fees. Probably will happen relatively soon. Sorry I can't recommend anything better than waiting, but this is simply a consequence of somewhat inefficient mining.
thebitcoingirl

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:28:35 PM

I am selling some Monero related domains, they are:

yourmonero.com
monero4all.com
monerogames.com
monerolotto.com
monerodomains.com
monerobay.com
moneroway.com
moneroblock.com
moneroparty.com
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:55:18 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 02:15:19 PM by dewdeded

I was away a long time, maybe 4 or 6 months, not sure.

One thing that without any doubt, is now important and could be pathbreaking:  
Its obvious to everybody, an expected consequence and generally positive development: our community grows and
has evolved from a small group of hardcore supporters and idealists, to a medium-sized project with its own eco-system & active community,- that with its track record and presence in the crypto currency scene - interesting and worth to follow for the the general public.
And beside this organic (and once again welcomed) growth, the price increase multiplied the effect. A lot of new people show up in our community.

This leeds to a big challenge: We need a concept and ideas, to integrate and manage these new people joining our project now. (because: of the current price uptrend (& possible investment chances) or our good public image)

We get a big problem, if we don't face and manage this situation.
These people need something useful to do or at least some written community guide lines, how to communicate & participate and what behaviour is not tolerated.

We get a big problem, when 90% of our communication on all channels will be like:
"When will Monero be 100$?", "Can I be a billionaire with Monero next week?", "Why only 3% price increase last week?", "Please buy my stupid domain names.", "I am only involved because of my personal greed and don't care about the project and the community"?, "I am so cool, I painted all the pictures in Mr. Moneros first powerpoint presentation."

We need to educate them, so they can integrate in the (older) core-community (that build the project) and so they will learn the culture and basics of the project/community, so they understand what to do and what not to do and how they can really support the project.
[Related aspect: If they receive no tasks or ideas to help the project, they feel worthless and unwanted after some time, if they cant a help in a project they would like to support. So there personal involvement declines, they find no friends or don't build a network of (business/tech) contacts, if they have no deeper point of contact with active community. If this happens - and it happened in many other projects - once a new community members willing to support, learn and full of energy and motivation loose interest in the project and won't support the project.]

If they wont be integrated, they have nothing to do, besides price-related postings, complaints, off-topic postings and self-portrayal for ego reasons, maybe personal conflicts (against the boredom) or setting up disputable projects, that harm the project.
We get a bad atmosphere & vibe in the community and bad image outside.

The better and stronger a community is (in terms of activity, quality, involvement, good vibe and constructive interaction) the more successful the project, it evolves around, will be. That's a proven fact and the reason this is (from my POV) really important.

Rest of the project still looks great, esp. the consistency in leadership and public faces of the community, the general development and positive, nice atmosphere. Thank you to everybody. Keep up the good work.
marada

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:01:13 PM

Best to wait for a future version that supports lower fees. Probably will happen relatively soon. Sorry I can't recommend anything better than waiting, but this is simply a consequence of somewhat inefficient mining.
Thanks, smooth. I will take your advice. I am sorry for my inefficient mining. I did not realise I shouldn't do that. Sad
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:04:47 PM

Thanks, smooth. I will take your advice. I am sorry for my inefficient mining. I did not realise I shouldn't do that. Sad

It isn't necessarily your fault. Often the pools do their users, including new users who don't know better, a disservice by paying out in tiny increments. It is not really bad if your goal in mining is to build a stash to hodl for a long time with hopes of a much higher value(in which case fees would likely be lower) but it is a killer if you want to move the coins sooner.

Hopefully this will work out for you eventually.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:36:39 PM

Somebody mention reducing fees?  PR by gingeropolous, aka GingerAle.

https://github.com/Gingeropolous/monero/commit/421bd4841ce4d62c79c87fbec56b54ac29427f2b
teek

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:00:16 PM

I believe it is the third Monero-branded abs.ex. sold by start the art.  I bought the first.  I think the 5-panel was the best of them, though.

Probably, he should be selling them on AlphaBay.

have a pic of the first one?  never saw it.  i grabbed the 5 panel,  quite like it Smiley
moneroorg

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 04:17:51 PM

Hi,
I am selling http://monero.org domain name and website here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608865
opennux

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 06:02:16 PM

Its obvious to everybody, an expected consequence and generally positive development: our community grows and
has evolved from a small group of hardcore supporters and idealists, to a medium-sized project with its own eco-system & active community,- that with its track record and presence in the crypto currency scene - interesting and worth to follow for the the general public.
And beside this organic (and once again welcomed) growth, the price increase multiplied the effect. A lot of new people show up in our community.

This leeds to a big challenge: We need a concept and ideas, to integrate and manage these new people joining our project now. (because: of the current price uptrend (& possible investment chances) or our good public image)

These people need something useful to do or at least some written community guide lines, how to communicate & participate and what behaviour is not tolerated.

We get a big problem, when 90% of our communication on all channels will be like:
"When will Monero be 100$?", "Can I be a billionaire with Monero next week?", "Why only 3% price increase last week?", "Please buy my stupid domain names.", "I am only involved because of my personal greed and don't care about the project and the community"?, "I am so cool, I painted all the pictures in Mr. Moneros first powerpoint presentation."

We need to educate them, so they can integrate in the (older) core-community (that build the project) and so they will learn the culture and basics of the project/community, so they understand what to do and what not to do and how they can really support the project.
[Related aspect: If they receive no tasks or ideas to help the project, they feel worthless and unwanted after some time, if they cant a help in a project they would like to support. So there personal involvement declines, they find no friends or don't build a network of (business/tech) contacts, if they have no deeper point of contact with active community. If this happens - and it happened in many other projects - once a new community members willing to support, learn and full of energy and motivation loose interest in the project and won't support the project.]

If they wont be integrated, they have nothing to do, besides price-related postings, complaints, off-topic postings and self-portrayal for ego reasons, maybe personal conflicts (against the boredom) or setting up disputable projects, that harm the project.

The better and stronger a community is (in terms of activity, quality, involvement, good vibe and constructive interaction) the more successful the project, it evolves around, will be. That's a proven fact and the reason this is (from my POV) really important.

Rest of the project still looks great, esp. the consistency in leadership and public faces of the community, the general development and positive, nice atmosphere. Thank you to everybody. Keep up the good work.

I can understand your concern. You don't get it that way by telling people what to do. You lead by example. If enough of the main-contributors to community building/development have the above approach that's the best way - and why it's done so well so far. It's also cool that most people involved are genuinely interested in the project for differing reasons not only relating to 'make like a bandit'. But I'm all ears too.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 06:07:48 PM

Really? You sound as bad a the Preachers thumping their bible. We shall tell the masses how to behave as we are the elite who know more than those groveling filth.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
birr

Activity: 867
Merit: 584

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 06:13:39 PM

groveling filth.
I resemble that remark!
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 06:32:31 PM

Announcing https://MoneroForCash.com

Buy and sell Monero in person or by other means with cash.

Main thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608959.0

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:36:09 PM

groveling filth.
I resemble that remark!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvKIWjnEPNY

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 11:41:29 PM

Somebody mention reducing fees?  PR by gingeropolous, aka GingerAle.

https://github.com/Gingeropolous/monero/commit/421bd4841ce4d62c79c87fbec56b54ac29427f2b

no, this is an experiment, going off of something smooth said long ago. We'll see how it pans out.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Drhiggins

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 12:25:41 AM

Hi, just started mining Monero (tired of the eth drama), got the latest Claymore's miner running and pointed at monroepool.com  Everything seems to be working great, it's just that I wish there was a miner out there that was a little more intuitive, anybody have any suggestions (pool/miner)?  Tried wolf0s, and I am just not patient I guess. I have about 8 gpu rigs loaded with amd 290x's.  Everything looks good though, just always trying to make it better!

in otherwords, making a shit-ton of money, thank Monero....!!!

There really hasn't been a ton of mining software development out there the last two years.  Wolf's miner is the newest one I know of and there was some work done on mining with Nvidia cards.  Hopefully with rise in price some updated mining software will come out for using on pools or solo mining for that matter.  I'd love to see GUI support within the daemon but that might be asking to much at the moment as other issues are more pressing to get resolved and implemented first. 

I sent an email to Bits Be Trippin' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVVWXoQfMfQVuzxcLylq9aA about a week ago to see if he would do some videos on mining Monero.  All his videos have been on scrypt mining and not crypto.  He responded that he would and is open to new avenues in mining so I'm looking forward to seeing any videos he posts on Monero mining.  I have found his videos highly informative and have learned a lot by watching his channel.  Hopefully he and his crew will make some Monero mining videos. 

I would love to tweak my AMD rig to that sweet spot but I'm just not skilled enough to do it on my own.  Perhaps the miners of XMR should get together and have a meeting of some kind and talk about tweaks and tricks.  I just hope other miners would be into sharing their knowledge.    In the mean time if you haven't been over to the mining thread check it out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=653467.0

Monerohash.com   U.S. Mining Pool
jayteez

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 12:25:50 AM

Well that was the triple top i was waiting for, almost fully out of monero now

sliding some of those profits into project zion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1604526.0

cryptonote + darknet markets = $$$
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 12:38:53 AM

sliding some of those profits into project zion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1604526.0

Sorry for your loss in advance. And ... Thank you.  Grin

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 12:52:28 AM

Oh lord. If this were the first thing ever proposed by these people and they were academically serious I might "slide some profits" into it too. But these are just the same apes who came up with "monero classic". They had no vision back then. They suddenly have a vision now? No. They are simple opportunists trying to make a quick profit. They will wear the narrative as thin as they can and bolt just before it breaks (if they are lucky). And its obvious to all but the hopelessly greedy.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 01:18:24 AM

Sockpuppet much dave?

Pages: « 1 ... 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 [1608] 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: