Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:20:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 [1638] 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4669003 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4925

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 09:48:25 PM

YUP, Game over man!

Nice time for this again. Lol It just never gets old!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHg8qIKJo1I

Dammit closed my short before heading out. Sad No moar free dust for me. Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 09:51:28 PM

Yup and as I am solely an investor and trader from outside this crypto land, this will have me never come back to any cryptocurrcy including Bitcoin. Why, not because I lost money, Its part of investing but because capital ONLY goes were their money is SAFE. No one will invests in Africa with no rule of law and Corrupt Govt, same thing. You can't just say, fuck Govt we are going to decentralize for a better world. Maybe you guys should educated yourselves in human behavior and how capital moves instead of being a fringe element which btw will not attract real investors. I use bitcoin to pay for my Vpn so not to be track on the clearnet which made me aware of xmr. No matterhow much you hate the system people will not investor if they believe their money will not be safe. Anyway, sorry to say but the one and only digital currency will be the $ which is already 90% electronic and fast going to a cashless system. Again not worried about my lost since I just made a bunch in the In the Japanese Yen just a perspective from the outside.

Capital only goes where it's safe, eh? Have you never heard of VC? (I'll save you having to google that, it stands for venture capitalism?).

No-one invests in Africa, eh? I suppose in your mind, $billions invested by Chinese doesn't count?

And btc is a "fringe element which btw will not attract real investors." Um, it already has....

You're once again showing a laughable lack of knowledge here. There's nearly as much bs in this post as was in your post as few pages back (#33143). Well at least we can be grateful that you're now taking your ignorance out of crypto for good. Once again, move along.
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 09:55:20 PM

Yup and as I am solely an investor and trader from outside this crypto land, this will have me never come back to any cryptocurrcy including Bitcoin. Why, not because I lost money, Its part of investing but because capital ONLY goes were their money is SAFE. No one will invests in Africa with no rule of law and Corrupt Govt, same thing. You can't just say, fuck Govt we are going to decentralize for a better world. Maybe you guys should educated yourselves in human behavior and how capital moves instead of being a fringe element which btw will not attract real investors. I use bitcoin to pay for my Vpn so not to be track on the clearnet which made me aware of xmr. No matterhow much you hate the system people will not investor if they believe their money will not be safe. Anyway, sorry to say but the one and only digital currency will be the $ which is already 90% electronic and fast going to a cashless system. Again not worried about my lost since I just made a bunch in the In the Japanese Yen just a perspective from the outside.

Crypto is much safer than fiat. In crypto, you're responsible for your own financial security and far more liquid and mobile. As adoption of crypto increases the dependency of fiat decreases.

One problem among many here, is that this particular project lacks usability like a basic GUI wallet for users that are less technical. In almost three years, the developers of this project seem to think that a web wallet is a better solution since they can't figure out how to make a GUI wallet. No competent crypto investor would consider using a web wallet unless its for trading. It's probably why the people on the scam market kept their funds there because they had no other option besides an exchange. Drug addicts aren't the best examples of human intelligence out there. No offense to any here.

http://www.slideshare.net/boolberry/boolberry-solves-cryptonoteflaws-37055246

Cryptozoidberg is a far better developer than the combined efforts of the team behind this project. If you're smart and hell bent on investing in crypto note projects, you'll take a position in BBR as he just returned to the project over the weekend after a year absence from the project. SDC is another solid project and with its marketplace coming in the next major update it'll prevent further scams like the one that unfolded here today.

LSS - XMR is done. Get out while you can before you're left with a bag of fluffycoins on mymonero.com. Reinvest in BBR and SDC to recoup your loss here.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 09:57:43 PM

Crypto is much safer than fiat. In crypto, you're responsible for your own financial security and far more liquid and mobile. As adoption of crypto increases the dependency of fiat decreases.

One problem among many here, is that this particular project lacks usability like a basic GUI wallet for users that are less technical. In almost three years, the developers of this project seem to think that a web wallet is a better solution since they can't figure out how to make a GUI wallet. No competent crypto investor would consider using a web wallet unless its for trading. It's probably why the people on the scam market kept their funds there because they had no other option besides an exchange. Drug addicts aren't the best examples of human intelligence out there. No offense to any here.

Cryptozoidberg is a far better developer than the combined efforts of the team behind this project. If you're smart and hell bent on investing in crypto note projects, you'll take a position in BBR as he just returned to the project over the weekend after a year absence from the project. SDC is another solid project and with its marketplace coming in the next major update it'll prevent further scams like the one that unfolded here today.

LSS - XMR is done. Get out while you can before you're left with a bag of fluffycoins on mymonero.com. Reinvest in BBR and SDC to recoup your loss here.

Just a warning guys, you listen to this fool and you will lose.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
sui_generis

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 09:59:13 PM

Crypto is much safer than fiat. In crypto, you're responsible for your own financial security. One problem among many here, is that this particular project lacks usability like a basic GUI wallet for users that are less technical. In almost three years, the developers of this project seem to think that a web wallet is a better solution since they can't figure out how to make a GUI wallet. No competent crypto investor would consider using a web wallet unless its for trading. It's probably why the people on the scam market kept their funds there because they had no other option besides an exchange. Drug addicts aren't the best examples of human intelligence out there. No offense to any here.

You've made a fundamental mistake here, which was assuming that the developers of Monero give two shits about "investors". This project isn't a pump vehicle. The developers are working on making useful software, not flashy bullshit. If anything, most of the developers actively discourage investment in Monero!

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the "investors" (read: people who complain and act entitled without contributing anything of value) got bent for another year or two.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 10:10:24 PM

since they can't figure out how to make a GUI wallet

A GUI wrapper is actually a very easy thing to make when compared to the actual platform underneath. Incomparably easier. So it isn't this. It isn't this at all. The team just obviously values things like RingCT and database implementation more highly. Many of us are inclined to agree. I am inclined to agree.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
sui_generis

Activity: 243

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 10:13:37 PM

A GUI wrapper is actually a very easy thing to make when compared to the actual platform underneath. Incomparably easier. So it isn't this. It isn't this at all. The team just obviously values things like RingCT and database implementation more highly. Many of us are inclined to agree. I am inclined to agree.
I can't tell whether or not I should feel bad for someone who thinks a fucking wrapper is more important than something like RingCT.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 10:17:19 PM

I can't tell whether or not I should feel bad for someone who thinks a fucking wrapper is more important than something like RingCT.

I think you would have to feel bad for a great many people if you did.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 10:37:06 PM

Crypto is much safer than fiat. In crypto, you're responsible for your own financial security. One problem among many here, is that this particular project lacks usability like a basic GUI wallet for users that are less technical. In almost three years, the developers of this project seem to think that a web wallet is a better solution since they can't figure out how to make a GUI wallet. No competent crypto investor would consider using a web wallet unless its for trading. It's probably why the people on the scam market kept their funds there because they had no other option besides an exchange. Drug addicts aren't the best examples of human intelligence out there. No offense to any here.

You've made a fundamental mistake here, which was assuming that the developers of Monero give two shits about "investors". This project isn't a pump vehicle. The developers are working on making useful software, not flashy bullshit. If anything, most of the developers actively discourage investment in Monero!

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the "investors" (read: people who complain and act entitled without contributing anything of value) got bent for another year or two.

You must be new here.. If you aren't, then explain to me why the majority of articles I have seen that mentions SDC or another privacy coin, just happens to have flufflyshill and co. in the comment section directing sheep to invest in XMR. The same fluffy that runs mymonero.com.

I fully understand the difference between a protocol improvement over usability. However, you, along with the developers here don't see the underlined value in making a project more accessible to a wider audience of non-technical users. These non-technical users are the ones who will ultimately determine if the currency is or isn't adopted. What we see here in these statements along with the last 2-3 years of development is a complete disregard for the larger majority of crypto users to meet these basic utility requirements. What percentage of that disregard is incompetence is up for anyone to decide. I'd say it's a larger portion since mymonero.com is a widely accepted solution.

This project is fizzling out to make room for similar projects with better usability and as a result higher adoption rate and market penetration. Specifically SDC, BBR and ZCASH.  Unfortunately for delirious bagholders they never seem to realize a killshot until its too late.
Rodeoweb

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 10:56:42 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2016, 11:08:49 PM by Rodeoweb

If you feel safe in dollars and yen,  you are welcome to them.  But don't call them safe.  Cryptos are generally way way up from introduction.  legacy fiat is down what?  USD > 98% from introduction?  
Bail ins bail outs exit scams.  You are not immune in dollars.  And it's getting worse, not better.
It's not the instrument that I'm talking about, it's the safety net that is in place. People have recourse ie: law suits, brokerage insurance, etc. Hell people who invested in  M.F. Global got 90% back due to recourse. Please don't say here you have to be accountable and responsible for yourself cause people don't act that way. As far as currencies are concerned ALL money is fiat even gold when it was money. Govt decrees what money is and that makes it fiat. Romans try to outlaw prostitution and made it illegal to buy sex with Roman coins so people created tokens, so they exchanged coins for token and had sex. Those tokens weren't money. It was a mean to an end, sex. Wealth is not money it's a means, currency mean flows, like water. Bitcoin is popular now because other people are willing to except it as money. Now Govt is decreeing it as money with regulations which makes bitcoin, fiat. Which btw is valued in US$. All money devalues, it's the nature of an economy. Like I said, Assists mostly, gold and crypto's will help protect wealth transfer into the new system but don't see it go any further. I commend all you guys for your knowledge in technology and creativity.Of coarse I could be wrong but to grow anything you need numbers and money missing and dark markets are not the way you're going to get them. One last thought, why doesn't the clearnet suffer from phishing as much anymore, Security?
sandwraithBTC

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 11:21:43 PM

so listen to you and continue on seeing xmr's dump ?  Grin

just admit it, xmr's pump is an epic scam from Darkmarket. So the BIG dump right now is inevitable.
XMR is back to 0.007 guys. Don't listen to these guys. Get out of XMR now
ranggenga

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 11:27:06 PM

just admit it, xmr's pump is an epic scam from Darkmarket. So the BIG dump right now is inevitable.

Dont panic, Monero market be stable

Smiley
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 11:31:38 PM

You retard, if you check back a few posts you will see where I stated I just shorted. You are a fool that should know who they are talking to.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 12:13:57 AM

Cointelegraph have had to make a footnote to their story. Price should go up again. I recycled a few coins waiting for the trade to go back to same levels as last week.
Rodeoweb

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 12:16:14 AM

Capital only goes where it's safe, eh? Have you never heard of VC? (I'll save you having to google that, it stands for venture capitalism?).

No-one invests in Africa, eh? I suppose in your mind, $billions invested by Chinese doesn't count?

And btc is a "fringe element which btw will not attract real investors." Um, it already has....

You're once again showing a laughable lack of knowledge here. There's nearly as much bs in this post as was in your post as few pages back (#33143). Well at least we can be grateful that you're now taking your ignorance out of crypto for good. Once again, move along.
Typical forum response all insults and no facts. Remember at the end of the day you get your pay check in $$$$$$ and launder them so u could buy your meth!
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 12:37:57 AM

capital ONLY goes were their money is SAFE. No one will invests in Africa

Typical forum response all insults and no facts.

You said capital only goes where money is safe. He pointed out places where lots of capital has gone where money isn't safe. Dude it's called an argument.

Rodeoweb

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 01:02:23 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2016, 01:24:49 AM by Rodeoweb

You said capital only goes where money is safe. He pointed out places where lots of capital has gone where money isn't safe. Dude it's called an argument.
Yea he highlighted the part to justify his insults. But that was not the complete sentence which is "were there's no rule of law and corrupt Govt. See, that meth is messing up his reading comprehension.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 01:27:12 AM

However, you, along with the developers here don't see the underlined  of non-technical users.

No this is completely wrong. We see the value perfectly. And that value is lower than things like RingCT. Human time is a scarce resource. You cant work on two things at once without taking twice as long to complete each. So a choice must be made. There will come a time when "value in making a project more accessible to a wider audience" is the most important problem to address. That time is not yet upon us.

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 01:30:02 AM

Yea he highlighted the part to justify his insults. But that was not the complete sentence which is "were there's no rule of law and corrupt Govt. See, that meth is messing up his reading comprehension.

So your argument is that the USA (aka western SAFE world) has rule of law and government that is not corrupt?  That part wasn't intended as irony?
Rodeoweb

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 01:58:28 AM

So your argument is that the USA (aka western SAFE world) has rule of law and government that is not corrupt?  That part wasn't intended as irony?
The USA is the prettiest of the three ugly sisters. If you look at the world the US only, not western nations, is the safest. It will catch up but it will be the last to go. USA is the the core economy in the world and it always collapses from the outside toward the inside. Weakest go first.
Pages: « 1 ... 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 [1638] 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: