Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:24:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 [1640] 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4668504 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4923

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 10:06:17 PM

The minimum fee decreased from 0.01 XMR per kB to 0.002 XMR per kB today!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/564hci/the_minimum_fee_will_decrease_from_001_xmr_per_kb/

Damn If I waited 2 days I would have had more dust to play with! Cheesy

Ya know the only Time I've ever seen Canth was the Brown Dragon in Pern, you wouldn't have to have read that have you? I've been meaning to ask you that forever and never had the keyboard handy. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
reginalkri

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 11:20:36 PM

I knew I should have bought some of this coin last night, after that fake story. Now it's up 10%.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 11:54:33 PM

I knew I should have bought some of this coin last night, after that fake story. Now it's up 10%.

LOL... You must be really new to Monero. Cheesy

Welcome to a better bitcoin! It's not too late if you do your homework. Thanks

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
reginalkri

Activity: 285

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 11:59:58 PM

I'm reading up about it. Though I see it does have some competition.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:04:40 AM

Well, keep reading then  Wink
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4923

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:27:36 AM

Well, keep reading then  Wink

And then start coding. Lol

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 03:58:08 AM

begins the takeoff

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 07:05:38 AM

what do people think off a coin that has no historical operations

check out pascal coin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 07:41:36 AM

what do people think off a coin that has no historical operations

check out pascal coin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

You put the wrong link in there.
birr

Activity: 869
Merit: 585

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 04:15:50 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2016, 04:42:37 PM by birr

Somebody told me to go to mymonero.co and look at the message there.  I have copied and pasted it, with some light formatting of the line wraps to make it more readable.  Otherwise it is completely unedited.  You can ignore the part about rescuing the dogs.  It's a link in the original, which you can go click on if you're interested in that kind of thing.

We know mymonero com was founded by /u/fluffyponyza, a good guy. And we know at least 4 people lost millions this year because they used that site.
Look at this one
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/52sw9r/9830_xmr_stolen_from_my_mymonerocom_wallet_be/
fluffyponyza gave us some plausible explanations, but after reading all those comments, I strongly believe it's mymonero com itself keeps stealing people's money.
Not so called "keyloger" "phisher" "microsoft"... ridiculous.
We have more information than ordinary people. For instance, we know 99.99% people hold less than 500 xmr on mymonero.
So it's extremely abnormal if we consider the fact that nearly no victim in this kind of crime reported the loss of small amount.
The example that fluffyponyza provided is belonging to us so it can't be take into account and we never got any account with balance of more than 600.
fluffyponyza told us there was a guy who bought data from DNM voluntarily warned them and blamed "botnet keylogger".
No it's nearly not possible and I don't even understand why he said it seriously. It's a ridiculous joke.
Let alone "those victims did not lose any other thing but xmr." The probability would be extremely low.
And we know myetherwallet has a similar business mode, and no user has lost 1 eth because of so called "keylogger dump".
Statistically, you can't swipe so many accounts with large amount unless you have at least 1 fifth of the whole database.
The only possible reason is this GENUINE mymonero web wallet itself or who can access their database as many times as he wants steals customers' money.
Clearly, although We still believe Fluffypony is a good guy, it's obvious his friend is the thief behind those thefts.
And I don't think Fluffypony knew nothing about this.  And the more frustrating fact is that nearly every web wallet site, such as myetherwallet com,
steals money from users account and claims to be "hacked" or "phished".   We have many evidences.
We sent emails to myetherwallet to urge them to return it to victims, and we will report to their local police office if nothing happens in proper time range.  
Human beings can update source code if they want. And if your account has substantial xmr and that bad guy periodically check with viewkey manually,
and one day the traffic from your ip will be redirected to a temporarily existed special version which only could be visited from specific ip --- your ip.
It's easily be recorded through javascript even if you are cautious.
Again, as for me, fluffyponyza is good guy. But good guy always has bad intimate friend. BTW, you could help us resque the dogs

The text isn't well written, but it has some interesting and useful content.
Those of you who follow this thread may recall that I lost a little more than 7000 xmr on Mr. Spagni's website.  This zhalox claims to have lost even more, not that I have much energy to devote to feeling sorry for him, considering my own straitened circumstances.  I am of retirement age, legally disabled, I have expensive medical needs, and insurance doesn't cover the treatments.  Whatever.  I deal with life's shit sandwiches on my own time.  I'm not asking anybody to feel sorry for me.  I'm putting out what information or analysis I can find regarding mymonero.com.  Let the reader decide.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 05:11:43 PM

Let the reader decide.

Obvious scam is obvious.

By chance anybody knows some simple Zcash mining manual, settups like 2x 5GPU rigs upwards?

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 05:49:56 PM

Funding required for Anonimal to create end-user Kovri documentation

https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/2584/create-end-user-kovri-documentation

P.S. Even if you don't have an account you are able to contribute, just press the contribute button and it will explain how to donate.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Hoplita10

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 06:55:56 PM

This is still actual situation: https://twitter.com/btcWhaleclub/status/781493974116753408 We are in big H&S and XMR will go to 0,00900..
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 07:14:54 PM

Somebody told me to go to mymonero.co and look at the message there.  

Well if you did that exact same mistake before, most of us now know why the money is gone... there is a phising site called mymonero.co.
On the other hand i also cannot feel sorry for both of your lose... come on, we are talking about 4 Digits worth even if you bought @ 25 cent... some PC that can run either the old or the new db should have been possible.
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 08:02:57 PM

Seems like big-assed and well-boobed monero consolidates above clitoris line. Im gonna pick some up!
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 09:38:53 PM

Monero boom. Boom!
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 10:22:31 PM

Funding required for Anonimal to create end-user Kovri documentation

https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/2584/create-end-user-kovri-documentation

P.S. Even if you don't have an account you are able to contribute, just press the contribute button and it will explain how to donate.

Damn, every time I want to donate to something it's funded before I have a chance to do so.  More i2p development please.
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 02:43:58 AM

Somebody told me to go to mymonero.co and look at the message there.  I have copied and pasted it, with some light formatting of the line wraps to make it more readable.  Otherwise it is completely unedited.  You can ignore the part about rescuing the dogs.  It's a link in the original, which you can go click on if you're interested in that kind of thing.

We know mymonero com was founded by /u/fluffyponyza, a good guy. And we know at least 4 people lost millions this year because they used that site.
Look at this one
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/52sw9r/9830_xmr_stolen_from_my_mymonerocom_wallet_be/
fluffyponyza gave us some plausible explanations, but after reading all those comments, I strongly believe it's mymonero com itself keeps stealing people's money.
Not so called "keyloger" "phisher" "microsoft"... ridiculous.
We have more information than ordinary people. For instance, we know 99.99% people hold less than 500 xmr on mymonero.
So it's extremely abnormal if we consider the fact that nearly no victim in this kind of crime reported the loss of small amount.
The example that fluffyponyza provided is belonging to us so it can't be take into account and we never got any account with balance of more than 600.
fluffyponyza told us there was a guy who bought data from DNM voluntarily warned them and blamed "botnet keylogger".
No it's nearly not possible and I don't even understand why he said it seriously. It's a ridiculous joke.
Let alone "those victims did not lose any other thing but xmr." The probability would be extremely low.
And we know myetherwallet has a similar business mode, and no user has lost 1 eth because of so called "keylogger dump".
Statistically, you can't swipe so many accounts with large amount unless you have at least 1 fifth of the whole database.
The only possible reason is this GENUINE mymonero web wallet itself or who can access their database as many times as he wants steals customers' money.
Clearly, although We still believe Fluffypony is a good guy, it's obvious his friend is the thief behind those thefts.
And I don't think Fluffypony knew nothing about this.  And the more frustrating fact is that nearly every web wallet site, such as myetherwallet com,
steals money from users account and claims to be "hacked" or "phished".   We have many evidences.
We sent emails to myetherwallet to urge them to return it to victims, and we will report to their local police office if nothing happens in proper time range.  
Human beings can update source code if they want. And if your account has substantial xmr and that bad guy periodically check with viewkey manually,
and one day the traffic from your ip will be redirected to a temporarily existed special version which only could be visited from specific ip --- your ip.
It's easily be recorded through javascript even if you are cautious.
Again, as for me, fluffyponyza is good guy. But good guy always has bad intimate friend. BTW, you could help us resque the dogs

The text isn't well written, but it has some interesting and useful content.
Those of you who follow this thread may recall that I lost a little more than 7000 xmr on Mr. Spagni's website.  This zhalox claims to have lost even more, not that I have much energy to devote to feeling sorry for him, considering my own straitened circumstances.  I am of retirement age, legally disabled, I have expensive medical needs, and insurance doesn't cover the treatments.  Whatever.  I deal with life's shit sandwiches on my own time.  I'm not asking anybody to feel sorry for me.  I'm putting out what information or analysis I can find regarding mymonero.com.  Let the reader decide.

How many credible mymonero hack cases have been reported? Are people investigating these claims?
ibuyltc

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 04:34:09 AM

*snip*

How many credible mymonero hack cases have been reported? Are people investigating these claims?

For what its worth, I started using MyMonero.com around May 2015.  A couple days after Birr reported his money missing... I checked my balance and it was still the same. Also checked for unknown transfers and found none.  I also checked the balance several times on several different VPN providers within the last several months (before Birr hack).  Though I did transfer the coins off to my own wallet... just in case!

The reddit post has a theory its an inside job.  That seems unlikely as Fluffy is obviously holding Monero and more than likely started to hold at or before becoming a Dev.  If it was an outside hack, I would have expected them to empty ALL wallets of funds and a much larger uproar than 1 person.

TLDR;  Birr = MyMonero.co
Drhiggins

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 05:41:00 AM

Damn I go away to a funeral and come back to all this Bullshit here on the board with people hating on Monero.  

First off, before Alpha Bay and Oasis announced anything about using XMR on their sites as payment options, Monero was trading at about $4 US and doing just fine.  I for one am fine with the price dropping down just means I can buy more cheap.  I have not lost money yet with recent price drop and won't unless price drops below .50¢  The Pump and Dump mind set people show up here as soon as the dark markets make their announcement to use XMR and they have no understanding of the history or progress of this coin as a whole.  They see their narrow minded view through a key hole and react to their socially engineered pump and dump mind set game because of the vast amounts of shit coins that have come and gone from the market. Most of which were pre-mined scams and crap copies of Bitcoin. Monero was not pre-minded and the developers have been clear not to invest what you can't afford to loose.  

Second this is the electronic currency world we are living in and it is relatively new.  The industry as a whole isn't even ten years old yet.  It is volatile and hostile at times. How many got crushed by Mt. Gox or other exchanges being hacked?  Its gonna happen just like Home Depot, Sony or Yahoo got hacked just to mention a few.  There are assholes in the world and they will fuck you over given the chance.  All these fly by night get rich quick folks don't understand the long game of wealth building.  Some have said that people put their money where its safe, if that were so no one would be building wealth using the fiat systems of the Western monetary system.  Anyone willing to really look at the central banks of the US and Europe would know that it is just a matter of time before they collapse under their own ponzi scheme.  Deflation followed by hyper inflation, the signs are everywhere right now if you look. Question is when the wealth transfer happens will your wealth be transfers to those that saw the writing on the wall or will you be receiving the wealth by being informed and awake.  Two avenues I see to being on the receiving end of wealth transfer is holding traditional precious metals and new digital crypto currencies that are truly private.  Monero is the only real one that fits the bill of complete untraceable privacy.  

Third on my list is to practice good judgement.  It is up to the holder of Monero to be their own guardian angel.  Again and again scams happen and are going to happen.  They happen in the fiat world of money all the time but no one on here talks about that they just bash Monero in the moment something shitty happens to someone or many.   One should take the time to inspect what they expect.  For example looking at the URL of a site before making a critical mistake logging into a fake site, or using a black market site to buy goods that are most likely not legal.  I'm not saying don't spend your money on what you want or what you like but use some judgement and know the risks before you go dancing with the devil. It was said again and again not to store large sums of Monero on a web wallet.  I can't even count how many time people posted links on how to make a paper wallet that kept your funds completely offline for safety and security.  Folks just not taking the time to follow through with securing of their funds.

For one I'd like to see this thread get back to what it was intended for and that is to talk about development, technical questions and relevant news.  I'm tired of all the trolls and haters.  If you don't like Monero take your money elsewhere, or go to the speculation thread and talk about the woes of the market there.

Monero is going to be fine in the long run, I have been following its development for a long time and there are good people here that have developed and contributed to projects long before XMR had any real high monetary value or spotlight. I've said my peace, now lets get back to development of the technicals and making the software even better.  

Monerohash.com   U.S. Mining Pool
Pages: « 1 ... 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 [1640] 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: