Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:05:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][JPC]MAKE JACKPOTCOIN GREAT AGAIN!  (Read 470216 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:30:07 AM

Anyone know what is happening at Bttrex?  The trading for JPC has been disabled for two days.  

hmm ya weird i did not notice that.. last time i asked Bittrex-Bill and he got back to me eventually maybe PM him ?
I told him i PM'd him because i could not find a main topic for the exchange here searching.

Bittrex-Bill

or maybe a better idea try PM'ing Ryan from Bittrex ?

chiznitz

here is my PM conversation i had with Bill ..on October 12, 2014 (Take it as you will)

Hey i can't find your exchange ANN topic here and i was wondering why JackpotCoin
has an Offline status when i log into Bittrex.. any idea why ?

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, I rarely log into bct nowdays.  In most cases, if a wallet is down for significant time, we post a notice.  If there is no notice, it is usually down for a quick upgrade or because the wallet/market tripped one of our sensors and our system took it down for analysis.  We're overly aggressive on the trigger so most of the time they are false positives.  In the case of JPC, I believe that was the case.

Bill

FUD first & ask questions later™
DazzlinDave™

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:14:21 AM

AppData\Roaming\JackpotCoin would be the correct directory for jackpotcoin.conf.  My conf file literally looks like this below and functions no problem (provided I use my VPN due to shitty isp)

if you still can't connect, have you tried totally wiping out everything except your wallet.dat and doing a fresh install of the latest client?  I did have to do this once for a different coin.
Tried that, and even tried on another computer with no av/malware scanner.Still no connections.
My ISP is comca$t
What do you recogmend for this VPN thingy?

I use Spotflux for a VPN because I got a year of premium for $10 a while back. If Comcast throttles/filters p2p (they probably do) a VPN would probably solve it. If Spotflux doesn't offer a free trial still, just see if you can try any free VPN before considering buying service from one.  There are probably plenty of free VPN's through soft ether, etc, but I have no idea about the speed, reliability, or security of those.
thanks for the VPN info !
I was able to solve my issue. It turned out to be my router. I logged in to check the port forwarding on it, and noticed it had changed. I changed it back to what it should be set for. I clicked "save", and the fricken thing locked up. Naturally, I hit the reset button, and now I have a nice lynksys brick....lol  I changed it to dd-wrt firmware 2-3 years ago, and it was working great till about a week ago  :/sigh Makes me wonder about new technology....leave it as it comes from the box, or tweak and modify the crap out of it so you get something that actually works right. Either way its useless or dead in 3-4 years.
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:07:18 AM

I had problems getting 1.5 to sync but it finally did after 4 days. After it synced I was looking in the task manager for something else and noticed JPC was using 25% of the CPU resources on a 2600k. What's up with that? 25% just to stake. Not acceptable.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:43:32 PM

I had problems getting 1.5 to sync but it finally did after 4 days. After it synced I was looking in the task manager for something else and noticed JPC was using 25% of the CPU resources on a 2600k. What's up with that? 25% just to stake. Not acceptable.

What CPU though ?

On my machine staking around 586k coins i use about 2% to 13% (avg. about 8%) on my Intel 4770k Haswell CPU

So i don't know if i was staking on my Core 2 Duo e7500 i bet the CPU usage would be higher because it's a crappier CPU.. see what i mean ?
AND.. this would be the SAME high usage issue for ANY Proof Of Stake coin !

Right now there is 1,223,721 blocks

I also have re-downloaded the block chain from scratch periodically and never had any problem at all once.
i really can not comprehend why some of you are claiming you have problems.. i really don't get it !
i just looked now and any time i look i am connected to 16 or more connections and that is way more than enough and more than any coin i seen / used before.

And i had re-downloaded it lots too for many reasons and recently going back the start so i am not just saying that lol
I experimented by loading the Blockchain into Ramdisk software but i last had a power outage and when it cam back on my block chain was fucked up
so i had to re-download it all over again.. and once again it started right away ..none of this 4 days bullshit.
I find it hard to believe someone waited for days and didn't come here and bitch after waiting a day or two LOL

If you go back and read this topic there is never ending vague attacks on this coin.
guys post vague statements making all kinds of wild and vague claims.
they are trying to FUD the coin as they call it and i can almost guarantee guys are doing it because of me.. and we ALL know it too !

And you know what guys ?
It's pretty classy making us bend over backwards trying to help you over and over with the same problem for 50 straight pages.

If you know how wallets usually work then do the usual shit.. if it don't work still then ask for help.

Bitch and moan ? then provide details.. rather than NONE.
What did i you try and after 4 days of waiting Nanoprobe ? what CPU do you have ? do you use a conf ?

I never used a conf with Nodes in it before. it is not needed.. run it, eventually it syncs (it starts right away but takes for ever to finish)
It ain't rocket science.. run the .exe and wait LOL
High CPU usage ? read the last 20 or 30 pages..

richiela

Activity: 937

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:13:24 AM

Anyone know what is happening at Bttrex?  The trading for JPC has been disabled for two days.  

hmm ya weird i did not notice that.. last time i asked Bittrex-Bill and he got back to me eventually maybe PM him ?
I told him i PM'd him because i could not find a main topic for the exchange here searching.

Bittrex-Bill

or maybe a better idea try PM'ing Ryan from Bittrex ?

chiznitz

here is my PM conversation i had with Bill ..on October 12, 2014 (Take it as you will)

Hey i can't find your exchange ANN topic here and i was wondering why JackpotCoin
has an Offline status when i log into Bittrex.. any idea why ?

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, I rarely log into bct nowdays.  In most cases, if a wallet is down for significant time, we post a notice.  If there is no notice, it is usually down for a quick upgrade or because the wallet/market tripped one of our sensors and our system took it down for analysis.  We're overly aggressive on the trigger so most of the time they are false positives.  In the case of JPC, I believe that was the case.

Bill

FYI, sorry i should have posted a notice but we've been resycning the blockchain since the azure outtage a couple days ago.  I expect it to be back up tonight.  Sorry for the delay.

Thanks,
Richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:30:51 PM

Right on thanks Ritchie and you did not do it for nothing i bought 26k and sent it to my wallet and it worked good Smiley

nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:56:58 PM

What CPU though ?

On my machine staking around 586k coins i use about 2% to 13% (avg. about 8%) on my Intel 4770k Haswell CPU

So i don't know if i was staking on my Core 2 Duo e7500 i bet the CPU usage would be higher because it's a crappier CPU.. see what i mean ?
AND.. this would be the SAME high usage issue for ANY Proof Of Stake coin !

Right now there is 1,223,721 blocks

I also have re-downloaded the block chain from scratch periodically and never had any problem at all once.
i really can not comprehend why some of you are claiming you have problems.. i really don't get it !
i just looked now and any time i look i am connected to 16 or more connections and that is way more than enough and more than any coin i seen / used before.

And i had re-downloaded it lots too for many reasons and recently going back the start so i am not just saying that lol
I experimented by loading the Blockchain into Ramdisk software but i last had a power outage and when it cam back on my block chain was fucked up
so i had to re-download it all over again.. and once again it started right away ..none of this 4 days bullshit.
I find it hard to believe someone waited for days and didn't come here and bitch after waiting a day or two LOL

If you go back and read this topic there is never ending vague attacks on this coin.
guys post vague statements making all kinds of wild and vague claims.
they are trying to FUD the coin as they call it and i can almost guarantee guys are doing it because of me.. and we ALL know it too !

And you know what guys ?
It's pretty classy making us bend over backwards trying to help you over and over with the same problem for 50 straight pages.

If you know how wallets usually work then do the usual shit.. if it don't work still then ask for help.

Bitch and moan ? then provide details.. rather than NONE.
What did i you try and after 4 days of waiting Nanoprobe ? what CPU do you have ? do you use a conf ?

I never used a conf with Nodes in it before. it is not needed.. run it, eventually it syncs (it starts right away but takes for ever to finish)
It ain't rocket science.. run the .exe and wait LOL
High CPU usage ? read the last 20 or 30 pages..
I highlighted the part you missed. And yes, I use a conf file. I have 2+ million coins in that wallet.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:27:16 PM

My point about the conf is you don't need one yet i see people handing out IP info all the time.
Try the simple stuff first !
And i find it hard to believe people can't connect like i said i have re-downloaded the block chain periodically and always end up with 16 connections
..with no conf

you guys realize a conf with with old nodes will NOT help you connect right ?
did you try checking what versions of the wallet each IP is using in your conf list ?
adding a list of outdated nodes will do far more harm than good.. but you all know this RIGHT ?

get rid of it then try it and maybe with a new wallet.dat file and see if it connects better and has lower usage maybe.
you guys are making things out to be way harder and worse sounding that it is.. and people say i am the drama queen LOL

get the .exe.. click it, done.
no .conf no this or that lol

and i have mine bouncing between 3 and 8% so i have no bloody idea what woudl cause yours to say 25%.. that is crazy high at least i think so on a 2500k ?

i ran the fucking .exce and get 3% or 8% bouncing back and forth in Task manager and never needed a conf before
so what the fuck is your problem all of you in the last 30 pages i have no bloody idea LOL
good luck with that my shit works fine and easy  Shocked  Grin  Cool

i HAVE caught bullshiters Trolling here by the way.. DO NOT FORGET THAT GUYS
I have lots of enemies and they LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to troll around following me starting shit.

EDIT:
Oh and by the way you can't judge the CPU usage until the Block chain is FULLY updated..
Don't gimme this it's updating and at 25% usage crap lol
Because duuuuuuuuh ..ALL wallets are high usage when updating block chain when it gets up over a gig etc.. AKA: common sense.

TheTommyD

Activity: 319
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:59:38 AM

Hey,

I now conclude a Name Change, along with a New Release, may shake things up.

There's not much trading going on on few, if only One Exchanges.

It's Great to Mine and Stake, but a Million of Nothing is Nothing.

Tom

BTC: 1DEj5mbjoYXqvRKfoS4yqtdvSKHpQ4hFLu
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:59:23 PM

maybe a good idea.. something has got to be done i think.. we have been too stagnant.

i am down let's do it  Cool

.what ever "it" is LOL

EDIT:
It did not help things having JPCDice go down with drama..
Maybe a new gambling site would help ?
This link explains what happened *sort of hahaah
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745422.860

Dotcommie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:53:57 PM

I say we wait a bit.  Bitcoin was all over the place and then the holidays and stuff.  I definitely wasn't paying much attention and I probably watch all my coins closer than most people since I'm currently jobless and poor.  I have a lot of money tied up in electronics, car parts, and other crap i'm trying to sell, but losing 1btc through jpcdice and mintpal was at the completely wrong time for me.  If only I knew more about this crypto world back when volumes of alts were over 200btc/day and jpc was 60+...

Markets are all down and jpc didn't decline while they were declining, so I think it was due to finally lose it's stable 8 satoshi price.  I'm down quite a bit more on the other couple coins I didn't manage to sell a couple months ago.
Tyr808

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:24:34 PM

I can see the benefit in a relaunch or something, but it absolutely should only be done for good reason, not just in attempts to stir up some attention. I don't think changing the name is ideal personally either, just makes it seem weaker all around. Jackpot is a fitting title.

More gambling websites is a great idea though, I'd definitely play a bit to support and consider "staking" on the house.

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:44:08 PM

Asking serious question so if taken wrong please don't respond.

Has this coin been abandoned by the dev?

Just curious because for me the 1.5 version of wallet is still buggy as hell. Can't do nothing without it going into "(Not Responding)" anytime I click on anything. Takes forever to load and about 20 minutes just to get it to start staking because of it freezing up so much.

Does the 1.4.1 version still work or is that one on the wrong blockchain if I try and use it?

Thanks.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Tyr808

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:17:01 PM

Just curious because for me the 1.5 version of wallet is still buggy as hell. Can't do nothing without it going into "(Not Responding)" anytime I click on anything. Takes forever to load and about 20 minutes just to get it to start staking because of it freezing up so much.

Does the 1.4.1 version still work or is that one on the wrong blockchain if I try and use it?

Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, the dev(s) is(are) Korean. The community is definitely less active here.  Might be more so on other languages forums.

For some speculation, I notice the rich lists are still very fat at the top so one could assume there is a future in it. Usually there is an "abandon ship" mentality when a coin is dying. Me personally, I'm holding my modest couple million and staking regularly. I've got a hunch we'll see something later.  Of course there's always a chance that as BTC becomes more widely known and used it actually makes alt coins less relevant rather than more.

P.S. what kind of bugs are you experiencing?

jsamul

Activity: 300

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 07:08:11 PM

the latest wallet uses 1 core for 100% almost all the time, so it depends how many cores you have.
for 8 core CPU it is like 13%.
do not know what the wallet is counting all the time.
antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:39:48 PM

Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, the dev(s) is(are) Korean. The community is definitely less active here.  Might be more so on other languages forums.

For some speculation, I notice the rich lists are still very fat at the top so one could assume there is a future in it. Usually there is an "abandon ship" mentality when a coin is dying. Me personally, I'm holding my modest couple million and staking regularly. I've got a hunch we'll see something later.  Of course there's always a chance that as BTC becomes more widely known and used it actually makes alt coins less relevant rather than more.

P.S. what kind of bugs are you experiencing?

Thanks for the reply.

Main problem is the wallet becoming unresponsive everything I click on something. For instance if I want to check the transaction tab it goes into "Not Resposive" up in the top left corner and takes minutes, sometimes up to 10 minutes to get going. It does this every time I click on a tab.

I am not cpu mining anything else and I know the wallet uses some of the cpu to stake. I don't have this issue with any other wallets that I run and have staking.

I knew the DEV said something about 1.6 would solve some issues but that seems like ages ago.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:42:08 PM

the latest wallet uses 1 core for 100% almost all the time, so it depends how many cores you have.

I have a six core AMD 1100t. It usually uses about 6-13% on each core at any given time.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:39:25 PM

Thanks.

Read the changelog.. if there was a fork between versions you have to use the newer version.. see what i mean ?

And the feedback about CPU wallet usage is interesting guys (assuming you are all staking ? if your posting your usage percentage)

jsamul

Activity: 300

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:56:09 PM

I have a six core AMD 1100t. It usually uses about 6-13% on each core at any given time.

you need to set the CPU affinity for JPC wallet to only one core, then you see the real workload.
antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:59:46 PM

you need to set the CPU affinity for JPC wallet to only one core, then you see the real workload.

Is that through one of the tabs to do that or do have to use the console.?

Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: