Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:00:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Gold? What would you pick?  (Read 298881 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:00:01 PM

Martin Armstrong's predictions coming true. It really looks like 2017 for serious global economic collapse, except the USA which will grow strong and US dollar will grow stronger:

https://www.aei.org/publication/were-facing-a-very-different-global-economic-crisis/

https://www.aei.org/publication/economic-risks-from-the-emerging-markets/

https://www.aei.org/publication/fault-lines-in-the-global-economy/

CryingMidget

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:50:52 PM

no one knows about the future, no one guarantees, bitcoin prices will be higher in the future, and we do not know bitcoin will live for a long time or not. in contrast to gold. we already know the history of gold, already many centuries ago of gold was worth, the better gold

If you are going to live 5000 years - yes, you will benefit from gold

If you want to see gain (or dramatic loss) - BTCs are your choice

Gold is up 17% this year already.  I think the 5000 years is not needed.

Yeah, Its just old fashion be with gold and make money with gold savings and all. In future bitcoin will replace that Try to be early adopter in this thing at least who are failed adapt bitcoin early.Wink
Personally I wish bitcoin should goes to all common people more than gold.
y8tvkid

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:16:34 PM

no one knows about the future, no one guarantees, bitcoin prices will be higher in the future, and we do not know bitcoin will live for a long time or not. in contrast to gold. we already know the history of gold, already many centuries ago of gold was worth, the better gold

Yeah, Its just old fashion be with gold and make money with gold savings and all. In future bitcoin will replace that Try to be early adopter in this thing at least who are failed adapt bitcoin early.Wink
Personally I wish bitcoin should goes to all common people more than gold.

Common people still needs some time to go with bitcoins as they need to know the entire concept of bitcoins, and if that is clear then only they would invest in it or else they would simply go with gold.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 09:20:07 AM

Both ! You can close the thread  Wink

Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:04:53 PM

Like so many of us I would go for bitcoin since we know bitcoin and the concept of bitcoin. It's innovating and a game changer.
Just wait a few more years and you will see it.
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:18:32 PM

I believe this statement about 5000 years is not true!
If you want to store some value store it in gold.
If you want to invest and get more money, use bitcoin!
eeaweeaws

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:49:49 PM

I would pick gold because you can always get money for gold.
If you invest in the bitcoin is good for the future but if it will collapse in a long term you will lose a lot of money, with gold this is not the point.

No dude you are totally wrong because bitcoin is better than gold in totally point , If we are investing money with bitcoin at a moment, If we have some emergency then we can any time or any where withdraw money so I always pick bitcoin. And I love bitcoin. 
bonski

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:52:43 PM

If you invest in the bitcoin is good for the future but if it will collapse in a long term you will lose a lot of money, with gold this is not the point.

No dude you are totally wrong because bitcoin is better than gold in totally point , If we are investing money with bitcoin at a moment, If we have some emergency then we can any time or any where withdraw money so I always pick bitcoin. And I love bitcoin. 

You both have a point, but I would rather choose both, I would like to invest on gold and bitcoins, since gold will appreciate its value as the time goes by same will btc I think.
TReano

Activity: 448
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:45:32 PM

You both have a point, but I would rather choose both, I would like to invest on gold and bitcoins, since gold will appreciate its value as the time goes by same will btc I think.

It depends on your goal of your investment.

Gold = long term safe haven investment
Bitcoin = High speculation asset. High risk, high potential return. Risk of losing a lot as well.

It depends what you want. If you want to put some money to the sideline for your retirement Bitcoin is the wrong place. If you want to speculate for a new care bitcoin is your place.
AffluentX

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:48:14 PM

Bitcoin and gold are both good in my opinion. But if you were to ask me to pick only one, I'd have to say Bitcoin.
CashCoins

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 12:03:38 AM

Gold because has less volatility then BTC

BTC second best choice
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 01:03:32 AM

Both.Gold is best saving now,China is selling usa debt buying gold
Bitcoin more  risky but if will pass 520$  than sky is a  limit

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
faridkifly

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 01:52:29 AM

BTC second best choice
i think it's good to invest both of them.
because each has its own rate and as far as I know it is unrelated.  Tongue
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 09:10:51 AM

BTC second best choice
i think it's good to invest both of them.
because each has its own rate and as far as I know it is unrelated.  Tongue
We like them all. But I think that is different each person. I like Bitcoin more than gold, And maybe because Bitcoin is more used.
Gold is also good. But I think bitcoin has a higher value in the future. But you never know what can happen.
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:02:22 PM

It depends on your goal of your investment.

Gold = long term safe haven investment
Bitcoin = High speculation asset. High risk, high potential return. Risk of losing a lot as well.

It depends what you want. If you want to put some money to the sideline for your retirement Bitcoin is the wrong place. If you want to speculate for a new care bitcoin is your place.
This is answer best so far!
If you like security without turbulence, then choose gold.
Maybe bitcoin in future become safe investment like gold.
You just can't expect from something to be used for storing value ,
Bitcoin is volatile and price changes from 100 to 1000$ in just few years.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:48:57 PM

I would choose for the bitcoin, it has a better future in my opinion and the halving is also coming, if you want to invest long term you should gold because gold is one of the best things you can invest in if everything will collapse you still got gold.
If you invest in the bitcoin you should mostly do it when the price is low and there is something coming that will rise the price if you think that is going to happen invest.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 10:33:10 PM

Neither! Gold will be banned everywhere and Bitcoin is irreparably broken.

Until now, all crypto coins have been marketed to investors.

The steady addition of a constant of amount of new coins is analogous to gold miners expending resources to add gold to circulation.

Once a predetermined number of coins have entered circulation, the incentive can transition entirely to transaction fees and be completely inflation free.

Bitcoin the better gold.

Word.

This redudancy + partionning paradox is extremely hard to understand for a newbie who's native language is not even english...

It would be really appreciated if someone could rephrase this paradox summing up with easy terms what is the issue and its consequencies Grin

I am years ago of your computer science knowledge and I may stay years ago of your knowledge in this field for the rest of my life since it isn't my study field.

Thank you in advance.  Grin

Hopefully r0ach and others can offer their laymen's summaries.

What you need to know is that Ethereum as it is currently designed can't scale just as Bitcoin can't scale, but the level of scaling which the current Ethereum can do is much less than even Bitcoin's current limitation because verification/validation of Serpent scripts takes more resources than verification/validation of ECDSA signatures.

For both Bitcoin and Ethereum, this is not just an issue of block size limitation. The issue is that in order to scale, the mining becomes more centralized. I think you will should note that Bitcoin and all other major coins are entirely centralized already and on the precipice of failure (all of them! study my links!).

Thus Ethereum proposed Casper which is a design that attempts to use sharding (a.k.a. partitions) to improve scaling decentralized. But I explained in this thread, that can't work. To reduce electricity consumption, Ethereum also proposed PoS-like consensus-by-betting with forfeitable deposits. PoS has known failure modes that violate Nash equilibrium.

So the point of all this is that Ethereum and all the rest of the crypto coins have not yet solved the fundamental issue of decentralized consensus.

If you want to read a theoretical discussion of why, I did that too.

Okay that is enough from me. Adios.

I do not believe they will confiscate gold for there is no intention to return to a gold standard as Roosevelt did in 1934. He confiscated the gold FIRST to profit from the dollar devaluation in 1934. He also wanted to end people hoarding cash outside the banks, which is the same problem we have today which they are addressing with moving electronic and cancelling high denominations. However, what they will do is confiscate gold if you tried to leave the country with it or you travel with it domestically using the Civil Asset Forfeiture laws. That would be the same as if it were cash.

It does appear that old pre-1965 silver coins may be best for small commerce. However, keep in mind that the government may declare any transaction in gold or silver to be illegal and they then get to confiscate all assets involved. They can easily just pass a law and declare anyone dealing in some off-currency exchange to be “money laundering” to hide from taxes. These people will do whatever they can to retain power.

Also keep in mind that as they become more and more desperate for money, all legal forms used today will vanish at the order of any judge.

[...]

So will they confiscate gold? I doubt in a wholesale basis, however, they have shut this down as far as gold being portable. You cannot jump on a plane with a suitcase full of gold as you once could decades ago. So just be prepared, they can make it illegal to conduct a transaction in it.

Governments everywhere are going broke. Despite what people think, gold may yet make new record lows under $1,000 in the months ahead. Canada has sold off the majority of its gold reserve into this rally, leaving less than a ton remaining. There is NO intention of returning to a gold standard. They are moving fully electronic and intend to eliminate cash everywhere. In so doing, the “official” view behind the curtain is that they no longer need gold.

[...]

I have been warning that gold is not really the cornerstone of government nor is it interesting to big money in the context of physical possession. It is a hedge against government for the average person. Governments are turning away from gold, and as they cross that line and head into the sovereign debt crisis, they will sell everything and hunt every person to grab as much wealth as they can to keep their jobs. That is what we are dealing with.

I totally disagree due to the gold has always been a nr.1 currency's globally, I do not see this happen with the bitcoin because the bitcoin still has to proof itself, also its digital so it can be destroyed and it has a lot of downsides because its digital if you ask me.
The second reason is that gold is already used for I do not know for how long, the bitcoin is new, think about what I'm gonna say now, the bitcoin is a digital currency and it can collapse as you can see its very unstable and also got a bad name if all currency's will collapse which currency will get used again ? Gold of course because that is the primary currency on the world, gold is a lot bigger and also very stable and it can never get destroyed if you ask me.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:40:18 PM

Bitcoin and gold are both good in my opinion. But if you were to ask me to pick only one, I'd have to say Bitcoin.

better choose one. if the dollar strengthens both the price would be decreased right ? you will lose double

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
TPTB_need_war

Merit: 262

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:41:05 PM

better choose one. if the dollar strengthens both the price would be decreased right ? you will lose double

Incorrect. They will both rise with the rising dollar in 2017. That is certain.

They may (or may not) both crash first in 2016. Possible lows are < $850 and < $150, but this is only a possibility.

uname

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:49:38 PM

BTC second best choice

I think the fluctuation can make a big profit, whereas if you're investing in gold, you're not going to get a lot of profit

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: