Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:09:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Gold? What would you pick?  (Read 298881 times)
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 11:19:13 PM

I think gold would be riskier to keep and harder to sell/spend, so I would go with bitcoin. The main drawback I see on BTC is, of course, its high volatility, but I expect it to get a bit calmier in the upcoming years.

It would be more stable when the mass adoption takes place and when the mass acceptance will come into play where everyone will start accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment. So investing in bitcoin is a good option but still people have more faith in gold as it has been into existence since long time.
pureelite

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 11:42:43 PM

If given a choice to walk away with either Bitcoin or gold of equivalent value, what would you pick?

Asians and Westerners were asked in Taipei in Chinese and English if they would take Bitcoin or gold home with them that day, and the answer might surprise you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6GiC8dqN9A

We just shot a video outside the Taipei 101 skyscraper area here and gave people a chance to answer if they would walk away with either Bitcoin or gold- and why.

If you were approached and were offered the same deal, would you walk away with Bitcoin or gold in your pocket, and why???

Hmm, tough choice. I think a smart person chose the latter, of course, gold. The value of Bitcoin is changing from day to day, it can easily fall drastically. The value of gold is very great years and I think I will keep it that way so that I naturally chose gold.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:25:53 AM

If given a choice to walk away with either Bitcoin or gold of equivalent value, what would you pick?

Asians and Westerners were asked in Taipei in Chinese and English if they would take Bitcoin or gold home with them that day, and the answer might surprise you...

We just shot a video outside the Taipei 101 skyscraper area here and gave people a chance to answer if they would walk away with either Bitcoin or gold- and why.

If you were approached and were offered the same deal, would you walk away with Bitcoin or gold in your pocket, and why???

Hmm, tough choice. I think a smart person chose the latter, of course, gold. The value of Bitcoin is changing from day to day, it can easily fall drastically. The value of gold is very great years and I think I will keep it that way so that I naturally chose gold.

Yeah & the Gold prices are stable in compare to the bitcoins. The smart and the experienced person will choose gold and not the bitcoin. The older generation would definitely vote for the gold as they are using it since a long period of time.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:02:03 AM

Yeah & the Gold prices are stable in compare to the bitcoins. The smart and the experienced person will choose gold and not the bitcoin. The older generation would definitely vote for the gold as they are using it since a long period of time.

i keep hearing this, but it's the opposite it's not very stable, gold is apparently falling like a dead weight in the water, check the last price we are approaching sub 1000

i see bitcoin much more stable right now, but people do not invest in it because of that 1200 and nothing else
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:53:12 AM

i keep hearing this, but it's the opposite it's not very stable, gold is apparently falling like a dead weight in the water, check the last price we are approaching sub 1000

i see bitcoin much more stable right now, but people do not invest in it because of that 1200 and nothing else
Agree, this is  beginning the price will crash. When i see price break to 1100 last week, now gold is not good for investing. Maybe gold price will same like bitcoin.
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:02:37 AM

Honestly we can't compare something old & untrusted with something new & trusted. Mostly I still choose gold since their price is quite stable and mostly increase.
About bitcoin, it still need more time for being trusted ( because there are many negative issue regarding bitcoin )

But at the future, I think they (bitcoin & gold ) might be a good investment

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:59:13 AM

Honestly we can't compare something old & untrusted with something new & trusted. Mostly I still choose gold since their price is quite stable and mostly increase.
About bitcoin, it still need more time for being trusted ( because there are many negative issue regarding bitcoin )

You have a fair point.  Gold and the gold standard have been used many times.  Gold is one thing that held value from the day's of bartering.

I do think BTC will gain more strength behind it in the future.  The hard part is it takes education, and the more education the better off BTC is.
Prasmatic

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:02:30 PM

You have a fair point.  Gold and the gold standard have been used many times.  Gold is one thing that held value from the day's of bartering.

I do think BTC will gain more strength behind it in the future.  The hard part is it takes education, and the more education the better off BTC is.

Well both of them have their ups and downs, both of them have their pros and cons.
Bitcoin maybe Is a "new" currency comparing with gold that has been for decades (or maybe more).
But holding gold is enough good than bitcoin as it price changes so far.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:26:26 PM

I think it would depend on the amount. But in principle I would prefer bitcoin. I would then buy gold and get some cash with half of it, and keep the remaining in btc to see where it goes.

Yes bitcoin is great to make investment but for you buying gold using bitcoin? Whats the point? I think you can get more with invest in bitcoin rather than change it to gold. It is just pointless, why dont invest in both of them? Gold has a stable price with it and bitcoin has a volatile price but with this volatile price of bitcoin we can get earn more of it

Yes buying gold using bitoins is not a great idea. It is better if you want to buy gold then buy it by using fiat that is the best option if you are looking to invest in gold. But buying gold using bitcoins doesn't make any sense. And both the products are good for the investment purpose.

Its true both of them is a great investments, we should using fiat to invest in bitcoin and gold since both of them are the most profitable investment for now. We can do it 50/50 or 60/40 depends on which one do you believe the most. Buying gold using bitcoin is just the same as using fiat to buy it anyway just different method  Grin
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:26:43 PM

Well both of them have their ups and downs, both of them have their pros and cons.
Bitcoin maybe Is a "new" currency comparing with gold that has been for decades (or maybe more).

Both are good investment products for the future, Gold ofcourse most trustworthy then bitcoin as we are using it since its inception and people have more faith in gold but bitcoin is a future, so would love to diversify my investments and invest in both the products.
Prasmatic

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:16:27 PM

Both are good investment products for the future, Gold ofcourse most trustworthy then bitcoin as we are using it since its inception and people have more faith in gold but bitcoin is a future, so would love to diversify my investments and invest in both the products.

Well if we use mostly our needs for trading to buy something or so then I choose bitcoin.
I haven't seen a post there that is selling something for gold
Or accepting gold as a payment.
tyrexs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:22:54 PM

Pick gold just now could be risky.
no! gold is good investment and gold price is stable and one more gold price never drop like bitcoin. actually price gold is strong in chart

asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:23:18 PM

With gold trading so low now its a idea to purchase some. I'd buy more btc too, but gold is cheap and is bound to rebound sooner then later.
Don't you guys agree?

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:50:31 PM

With gold trading so low now its a idea to purchase some. I'd buy more btc too, but gold is cheap and is bound to rebound sooner then later.
Don't you guys agree?

Nope. I think that gold will go down even more. May be it will hit $800 per oz in 2017 or 2018. The annual gold production has touched the 3,000 to 3,500 ton range, which is a significant increase from the volumes a decade ago. And the demand is going down, even as the supply increases. The outlook looks bleak for me.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:56:28 PM

I would pick both as diversification is key to a long term wealth building strategy and to keep said wealth should disaster strike. Actually there are many other investments you should be looking into as well, I do not much like these either/or type questions as people should be expanding their investments, not narrowing them down.

I simply love bitcoins, but when it comes to an investment I would choose gold and not the bitcoins.

I have been into gold since long time, and gold has never disappointed me, everytime I invest it has given me some good returns on investments, so I choose Gold.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 11:51:38 PM

any of that,gold is manipulated and already virtual,bitcoin no price stability

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:20:20 AM

We are talking about the physical gold (i.e, the gold which is in the form of bullion coins and bars), and not about the virtual gold (the gold which is being held in the form of exchange traded funds). Physical gold can't be manipulated, but the storage can be a bit of a headache. But looking at the wallet hacks and robberies which are ongoing with the Bitcoin sector, I have to say that gold storage seems to be less risky.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:22:40 AM

We are talking about the physical gold (i.e, the gold which is in the form of bullion coins and bars), and not about the virtual gold (the gold which is being held in the form of exchange traded funds). Physical gold can't be manipulated, but the storage can be a bit of a headache. But looking at the wallet hacks and robberies which are ongoing with the Bitcoin sector, I have to say that gold storage seems to be less risky.

Gold will always be there.  I don't care if it goes down in value or raises, there will always be a good value for it.   People have invested in it a LONG TIME.   There is trust with it.

Silver is a little newer as far as big investors.  I see a little more chance there if you looking for gain.

But either way physical valued objects in my mind are a different category then BTC.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:35:29 AM

Silver is a little newer as far as big investors.  I see a little more chance there if you looking for gain.

As I have posted earlier, I don't think that silver is an attractive investment option. Every year, around 30,000 tons of silver is being produced from the mines. And only a small part of it is being used for investment purposes. Most of the silver is being used for industrial purposes (such as the construction of solar panels, water purification, photography.etc).
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 05:40:47 AM

If the price of gold goes down the value of physical gold does too but it is not so easily manipulated and it will always come back bigger than what it was before because there is a serious demand for it and it's scarce in existence which is why I think it will always be a good investment whether in Physical or Virtual form. And easiness of storing gold can be different from place to place which is why I think Bitcoin Bonds provided by government are more easy to store safely since they can be redeemed only by the person they're issued to or the nominee.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: