News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 234 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SFR] SaffronCoin | Latest Version - 1.4.2/2.6.2 | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 437740 times)
TizeN85

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:22:07 PM

If you implement POS, is that possible to keep POW? Even if you lower the max coin.
I see some POS coin with no need opened wallet for POS to work, can you implement it like this? If you implement it of course Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
saffroncoin (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:25:33 PM

If you implement POS, is that possible to keep POW? Even if you lower the max coin.
I see some POS coin with no need opened wallet for POS to work, can you implement it like this? If you implement it of course Smiley

We will have a look at that once the majority of the community approves that.
At present that is not on our cards now.
The current thing is POOF and then merged mining with BlakeCoin and anonymity.
TizeN85

Activity: 136

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:27:12 PM

Good to read that! I like POW coin more than POS, but if it help to grow up, I'm ok with POS Smiley.

Can't wait for merged mining! Cheesy
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:37:43 PM

You guys really need to relax.

There is no way that large buyer yesterday sold. Just not enough volume.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:47:08 PM

Am I correct in my calculations that in the next 365 days there will be roughly 2.9mil new coins produced?
Stinky_Pete

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:33:52 PM

What's changed?

I have my Antminer S1 pointed at zpool SFR (stratum+tcp://stratum.zpool.co:3004) for more than two weeks without problems, this morning the miner says the pool is dead and has switched to another coin. And yet the web page for that pool still appears normal.

Anyone know why?

saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:38:50 PM

What's changed?

I have my Antminer S1 pointed at zpool SFR (stratum+tcp://stratum.zpool.co:3004) for more than two weeks without problems, this morning the miner says the pool is dead and has switched to another coin. And yet the web page for that pool still appears normal.

Anyone know why?

I am not sure of Zpool. If there was something wrong, the admin "grotoc" would have posted it.

Till it gets back working, you could use the other pools.
anderson705

Activity: 233

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:15:14 PM

i just buy more, help moving from 976 to almost 1200, but but not sure how long it going to last
daxiake

Activity: 688

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:39:09 PM

i just buy more, help moving from 976 to almost 1200, but but not sure how long it going to last

i bought some too. volume dropped,seem will be dead again.
anderson705

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:34:32 AM

i think it is the emergency and dev need to modify the total supply coin to the max 24 million, and you need to move quickly because when they see the 111 million supply investor scare they wont touch this coin like dog available 84 million value 45. you need to modify to compete and survine, and also you need to create the rich list, investor want to see the well affect they might compete and think hey i need to put in 500 or 2000 more just to be on the list of the top 50 or 100. think about what i see and say. thank you for your consider
anderson705

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:56:47 AM

i bought some too. volume dropped,seem will be dead again.
just bought more from 700 move to 1000, it take only 10 minutes to go back down again 700, supply more than demand?Huh
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:36:20 AM

Thanks for the input anderson! Once we complete our active development feature, we all along with the community can have a talk and decide upon what is best for SFR moving forward.

The POOF! service should be reading for Beta launch by tomorrow. We all can have a discussion after that.
SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:41:11 AM

i think it is the emergency and dev need to modify the total supply coin to the max 24 million, and you need to move quickly because when they see the 111 million supply investor scare they wont touch this coin like dog available 84 million value 45. you need to modify to compete and survine, and also you need to create the rich list, investor want to see the well affect they might compete and think hey i need to put in 500 or 2000 more just to be on the list of the top 50 or 100. think about what i see and say. thank you for your consider

A rich list is a nice gimmick but ultimately absolutely pointless. If I have a large quantity of ANY coin I ALWAYS keep it in multiple wallets as does just about everybody else I know. 

With regard to the calls to reduce POW, introduce POS, change reward structure etc.  All that does is alienate early adopters and creates uncertainty and doubt that devs can be trusted.  For me it is also the biggest indicator that a coin has ONLY been created for short term wealth generation and has absolutely zero chance at longevity.  How many coins that have been created or changed to suit the latest trend or fad are still around or trading at any value 3 months after they were created?

Cryptocurrency needs to evolve and its communities need to grow up, shake off the "now generation" attitude and build long term value rather than focus on short term profiteering otherwise the whole crypto economy will implode on itself.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
vipin.khatri20

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:51:31 AM

A rich list is a nice gimmick but ultimately absolutely pointless. If I have a large quantity of ANY coin I ALWAYS keep it in multiple wallets as does just about everybody else I know.  

With regard to the calls to reduce POW, introduce POS, change reward structure etc.  All that does is alienate early adopters and creates uncertainty and doubt that devs can be trusted.  For me it is also the biggest indicator that a coin has ONLY been created for short term wealth generation and has absolutely zero chance at longevity.  How many coins that have been created or changed to suit the latest trend or fad are still around or trading at any value 3 months after they were created?

Cryptocurrency needs to evolve and its communities need to grow up, shake off the "now generation" attitude and build long term value rather than focus on short term profiteering otherwise the whole crypto economy will implode on itself.

In my opinion if you want to survive in cryptomarket, then you must be flexible to make changes according to market demand. There are many old coins which are almost dead because of this. This is technology field and you must upgrade in relation to market demand or even you can create market demand by new innovations. If we are able to change accordingly then I don't think anybody can stop us from being successful in long term. For long term success here we will need to make several changes to meet short term demands otherwise we will also be in the list of dead coins soon. But thanks for sharing your thoughts.
devachelekar

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:00:35 PM

The only coin that can adopt according to the new technology would survive and the update should remain in continuance.
vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:43:10 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 05:46:31 PM by vipin.khatri20

I will start with providing a list of few old coins that are almost dead.These coins were the leaders :
 **The prices and value are approximate

Coin Name          All time high         Price Now       Investment of $1000
                              $$                     $$             6 months ago worth approximately  

1. Worldcoin               1                    0.022             $22
2. Megacoin               2.1                  0.064             $30
3. Quarkcoin              0.3                  0.013              $43
4. Primecoin               8                     0.36               $45
5. Feathercoin           0.9                   0.045              $50

These are few coins and there are many more from whom we can learn and make SFR best crypto for long term. If I put it in simple words " When Iphone 5s is in the market why will people buy Nokia 1100"  assuming everybody has equal income. There were two major factors that affected these coins: 1. Continuously rising supply and 2. ASIC.

First new algos solved the problem of ASIC and then POS coins solved problem of increasing supply. Now Darkcoin has made anonymity a must have feature for every coin. These three features are now must for any crypto to be successful.

Now lets come to SFR.

We have 5 algos so our coin can distribute fairly to all sections for long term, Nice looking wallet with extra features, committed dev team, message service (almost complete). But we don't have other two feature which are must for cryptos these days i.e way to control coin supply and Anonymity.

So our priority should be to work on those two things first (coin supply and anonymity) first then other things will make our coin stand out in the crowd.

Here is what I propose that can be done to make our coin successful as soon as possible. I am saying as soon as possible because we are lacking behind now, so first we have to catch other coins then leave them behind by continuously developing new features and adding good features developed by other coins at early stages.

1. Let the Devs work on SFRMS and POOF as the work is at end stage.
2. After discussion we can come up with the appropriate solution for Supply of SFR.
3. Add anonymity to our coin.
4. Can discuss how and when these features should be added.
5. Create a community donation fund where we all can contribute to SFR for future developments.
6. then we can move forward and discuss new things which we can do for our coin.
7. Continuously keep our coin updated with new features in the market as soon as possible.

We can start by discussing the 2nd point to save time and devs can work on this after finishing the current project they are working on. I would really appreciate if you have anything to add in this or remove. Please feel free to give your views on this.

Regards
Vipin Khatri
vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:50:11 PM

Dev specially your views are very important as you are the main person behind this coin. I have just presented my views as a community member, sorry if I have offend someone.

Regards

Vipin Khatri
anderson705

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:38:58 PM

I will start with providing a list of few old coins that are almost dead.These coins were the leaders :
 **The prices and value are approximate

Coin Name          All time high         Price Now       Investment of $1000
                              $$                     $$                 6 months ago value now.  

1. Worldcoin               1                    0.022             $22
2. Megacoin               2.1                  0.064             $30
3. Quarkcoin              0.3                  0.013              $43
4. Primecoin               8                     0.36               $45
5. Feathercoin           0.9                   0.045              $50

These are few coins and there are many more from whom we can learn and make SFR best crypto for long term. If I put it in simple words " When Iphone 5s is in the market why will people buy Nokia 1100"  assuming everybody has equal income. There were two major factors that affected these coins: 1. Continuously rising supply and 2. ASIC.

First new algos solved the problem of ASIC and then POS coins solved problem of increasing supply. Now Darkcoin has made anonymity a must have feature for every coin. These three features are now must for any crypto to be successful.

Now lets come to SFR.

We have 5 algos so our coin can distribute fairly to all sections for long term, Nice looking wallet with extra features, committed dev team, message service (almost complete). But we don't have other two feature which are must for cryptos these days i.e way to control coin supply and Anonymity.

So our priority should be to work on those two things first (coin supply and anonymity) first then other things will make our coin stand out in the crowd.

Here is what I propose that can be done to make our coin successful as soon as possible. I am saying as soon as possible because we are lacking behind now, so first we have to catch other coins then leave them behind by continuously developing new features and adding good features developed by other coins at early stages.

1. Let the Devs work on SFRMS and POOF as the work is at end stage.
2. After discussion we can come up with the appropriate solution for Supply of SFR.
3. Add anonymity to our coin.
4. Can discuss how and when these features should be added.
5. Create a community donation fund where we all can contribute to SFR for future developments.
6. then we can move forward and discuss new things which we can do for our coin.
7. Continuously keep our coin updated with new features in the market as soon as possible.

We can start by discussing the 2nd point to save time and devs can work on this after finishing the current project they are working on. I would really appreciate if you have anything to add in this or remove. Please feel free to give your views on this.

Regards
Vipin Khatri
very good sir
vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:47:06 PM

Thank you Anderson.
anderson705

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:59:27 PM

Thank you Anderson.
the reason i invest in is this according to reuters: They are currently developing a merchant payment system around SaffronCoin with plans to integrate with their own network of sites and portfolio of client owned ecommerce sites.

Future plans include creation of a Crypto-Currency Exchange to trade SaffronCoin against Euros, Rupees, USD and other Currencies as well as build out a network of physical ATM's. The SFR Dev team is currently exploring development of an encrypted real-time messaging / chat system within the Multi-Tasking Wallet to connect with people and transfer coins instantly.      i see a diamond in this coin if they could make it, not gold a DIAMOND.                                                
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 234 »
  Print  

Jump to: