News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 234 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SFR] SaffronCoin | Latest Version - 1.4.2/2.6.2 | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 437747 times)
vipin.khatri20

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:07:12 PM

Thank you Anderson.
the reason i invest in is this according to reuters: They are currently developing a merchant payment system around SaffronCoin with plans to integrate with their own network of sites and portfolio of client owned ecommerce sites.

Future plans include creation of a Crypto-Currency Exchange to trade SaffronCoin against Euros, Rupees, USD and other Currencies as well as build out a network of physical ATM's. The SFR Dev team is currently exploring development of an encrypted real-time messaging / chat system within the Multi-Tasking Wallet to connect with people and transfer coins instantly.      i see a diamond in this coin if they could make it, not gold a DIAMOND.                                                

Yes it is a Diamond and we all together can make it happen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:19:40 PM

I will start with providing a list of few old coins that are almost dead.These coins were the leaders :
 **The prices and value are approximate

Coin Name          All time high         Price Now       Investment of $1000
                              $$                     $$             6 months ago worth approximately  

1. Worldcoin               1                    0.022             $22
2. Megacoin               2.1                  0.064             $30
3. Quarkcoin              0.3                  0.013              $43
4. Primecoin               8                     0.36               $45
5. Feathercoin           0.9                   0.045              $50

These are few coins and there are many more from whom we can learn and make SFR best crypto for long term. If I put it in simple words " When Iphone 5s is in the market why will people buy Nokia 1100"  assuming everybody has equal income. There were two major factors that affected these coins: 1. Continuously rising supply and 2. ASIC.

First new algos solved the problem of ASIC and then POS coins solved problem of increasing supply. Now Darkcoin has made anonymity a must have feature for every coin. These three features are now must for any crypto to be successful.

Now lets come to SFR.

We have 5 algos so our coin can distribute fairly to all sections for long term, Nice looking wallet with extra features, committed dev team, message service (almost complete). But we don't have other two feature which are must for cryptos these days i.e way to control coin supply and Anonymity.

So our priority should be to work on those two things first (coin supply and anonymity) first then other things will make our coin stand out in the crowd.

Here is what I propose that can be done to make our coin successful as soon as possible. I am saying as soon as possible because we are lacking behind now, so first we have to catch other coins then leave them behind by continuously developing new features and adding good features developed by other coins at early stages.

1. Let the Devs work on SFRMS and POOF as the work is at end stage.
2. After discussion we can come up with the appropriate solution for Supply of SFR.
3. Add anonymity to our coin.
4. Can discuss how and when these features should be added.
5. Create a community donation fund where we all can contribute to SFR for future developments.
6. then we can move forward and discuss new things which we can do for our coin.
7. Continuously keep our coin updated with new features in the market as soon as possible.

We can start by discussing the 2nd point to save time and devs can work on this after finishing the current project they are working on. I would really appreciate if you have anything to add in this or remove. Please feel free to give your views on this.

Regards
Vipin Khatri

And your analysis of coins that have been launched, POW'ed, POS'ed and tanked within a 1-2 month time frame? and those that are a roaring success?  Without proof of work there is ultimately no value in a coin because it costs nothing to produce.  POS is a nice feature but why POS only?  that is simply inflation by another method, one which favours bag holders, is anti-egalitarian and stifles liquidity.  One of the greatest features of saffroncoin is it's multi-POS algo, taking that away by going POS-only would destroy it's very foundation.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
saffroncoin (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:43:28 AM

Hey squid, it won't be POS only.  SFR is a multi algo coin and your right POS only will take away what SFR stands for.

There are much more imp this to discuss than POS. We can have a look at that much later.
vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:02:33 AM

I will start with providing a list of few old coins that are almost dead.These coins were the leaders :

These are few coins and there are many more from whom we can learn and make SFR best crypto for long term. If I put it in simple words " When Iphone 5s is in the market why will people buy Nokia 1100"  assuming everybody has equal income. There were two major factors that affected these coins: 1. Continuously rising supply and 2. ASIC.

First new algos solved the problem of ASIC and then POS coins solved problem of increasing supply. Now Darkcoin has made anonymity a must have feature for every coin. These three features are now must for any crypto to be successful.

Now lets come to SFR.

We have 5 algos so our coin can distribute fairly to all sections for long term, Nice looking wallet with extra features, committed dev team, message service (almost complete). But we don't have other two feature which are must for cryptos these days i.e way to control coin supply and Anonymity.

So our priority should be to work on those two things first (coin supply and anonymity) first then other things will make our coin stand out in the crowd.

Here is what I propose that can be done to make our coin successful as soon as possible. I am saying as soon as possible because we are lacking behind now, so first we have to catch other coins then leave them behind by continuously developing new features and adding good features developed by other coins at early stages.

2. After discussion we can come up with the appropriate solution for Supply of SFR.
5. Create a community donation fund where we all can contribute to SFR for future developments.
6. then we can move forward and discuss new things which we can do for our coin.
7. Continuously keep our coin updated with new features in the market as soon as possible.

We can start by discussing the 2nd point to save time and devs can work on this after finishing the current project they are working on. I would really appreciate if you have anything to add in this or remove. Please feel free to give your views on this.

Regards
Vipin Khatri

And your analysis of coins that have been launched, POW'ed, POS'ed and tanked within a 1-2 month time frame? and those that are a roaring success?  Without proof of work there is ultimately no value in a coin because it costs nothing to produce.  POS is a nice feature but why POS only?  that is simply inflation by another method, one which favours bag holders, is anti-egalitarian and stifles liquidity.  One of the greatest features of saffroncoin is it's multi-POS algo, taking that away by going POS-only would destroy it's very foundation.

I really don't understand the motive of your argument.Where did you read that I said we should implement POS? As far as I can read my analysis I can only see the word " Coin Supply". And just to answer your questions, I have not yet seen any POS coin in top ten which is dead. All these coins which I have given as an example were in top ten coins in marketcap. Please feel free to extend your argument with suitable examples. May be there were pump and dump POS coins which were scam but SFR is not scam, so I am not comaparing SFR with shitcoins. I don't know how long you have been following cryptomarket but your profile shows that you have just joined bitcointalk.

As far as SFR is concerned I know its advantage is that it is multi-algo and reach to many sections of crypto society, so I am not saying to end POW. Coin supply is a problem not POW. In my opinion total POW coin supply should be reduced drastically which can be mined in 100 years or sth. Plus POS can be implemented on top with minimum age of say 3 or 4 or whatever days.

To you other argument about value, why you want to waste a lot of money on anything which you can get much cheaper? Weather it is POS or POW it is used for the same purpose and when you can secure the network by just opening your wallet why you want to waste lot of energy for that? There is also another reason for POS being superior than POW, that POS is fair as whoever wants it can buy it after miners have dumped it to earn profit. There are not many people who are miners and if you want to go mainstream than you have to take care of everybody, still there is advantage for miners as they can mine quickly and dump it to earn profit. No investor wants their holdings to get diluted everyday by new coins coming to market and in POW only miners gets the reward which is unfair for investors. This is just sake of argument. I am an investor not miner so yeah I would want it to be POS because it is good for me but I still want that POW should continue in SFR but by reducing total supply and changing reward system, so that my investment is not affected that much and miners also gets their share.

And at last it will be a community decision, so your views are as important as mine. If I will feel that I can loose my investment in SFR because of coin supply, I will buy another coin that is the extreme that can happen. So thanks for sharing what you think,I really appreciate that.

Regards

Vipin Khatri
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:15:13 AM

Thank you Anderson.
the reason i invest in is this according to reuters: They are currently developing a merchant payment system around SaffronCoin with plans to integrate with their own network of sites and portfolio of client owned ecommerce sites.

Future plans include creation of a Crypto-Currency Exchange to trade SaffronCoin against Euros, Rupees, USD and other Currencies as well as build out a network of physical ATM's. The SFR Dev team is currently exploring development of an encrypted real-time messaging / chat system within the Multi-Tasking Wallet to connect with people and transfer coins instantly.      i see a diamond in this coin if they could make it, not gold a DIAMOND.                                                

Yes after we finish the major developments in SFR, we along with some local lads are going to open a multi crypto currency exchange in India. There is not a single crypto exchange as such in India. We will be trading in fiat and BTC on that. The exchange will cryptoxindia.com . The development will start as soon as we implement the majority of features what the community wants.

Physical ATMs will take some time. Maybe even a year if we are lucky. We want to push the Govt. to have the first Bitcoin ATM in India. If that happens, we would also integrate SFR into it. That would make the first altcoin ATM. But that's a long shot.
daxiake

Activity: 688

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:18:22 AM

will sfr be a dead coin again?
volume drop to zero.
confidence lost?
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:19:24 AM

The block explorer has been tweaked to include algos that found the blocks : http://explorer.saffroncoin.com/chain/Saffroncoin
cryptoholic11

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:30:00 AM

Does anybody know how many POW coins are in total and how many have been mined so far. It appears multipools just keep dumping...

Pontos

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:39:36 AM

Does anybody know how many POW coins are in total and how many have been mined so far. It appears multipools just keep dumping...

http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/Saffroncoin
cryptoholic11

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:54:53 AM

So 100% of the max supply is POW? Only 10m are mined right now, does that mean we have to endure another dump of 100million coins?....oh boy

saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:02:54 AM

So 100% of the max supply is POW? Only 10m are mined right now, does that mean we have to endure another dump of 100million coins?....oh boy

This is not POW/POS yet. This is only a POW coin.

It is difficult to understand what you mean by "dump". Rather that will be the amount of coins in circulation. If you read the ANN or check the website, first 90 million will be mined in 20 years. The last 21 million will be exceedingly difficult to mine and would take 50-60 years more to get entirely mined out.

So you can be pretty sure that, 100 million will not be "dumped" atleast not in our lifetime.
cryptoholic11

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:14:30 AM

It is difficult to understand what you mean by "dump". Rather that will be the amount of coins in circulation. If you read the ANN or check the website, first 90 million will be mined in 20 years. The last 21 million will be exceedingly difficult to mine and would take 50-60 years more to get entirely mined out.

So you can be pretty sure that, 100 million will not be "dumped" atleast not in our lifetime.

Ok that is fair. However to the avg investor those numbers arent obvious, all we see is 111 million total coins which sticks out like a sore thumb. I think you should specify the number of coins available in the first year or two, that way there will be some rarity. Put whatever you just said in the OP also, so the avg person knows whats going on. I dont think Im the only newb that come across the OP, reads the specs, sees 111m coins and thinks thats going to be the supply in the near future..then says 'holy shit thats a lot of coins, this coin is not rare.'

Btw multipools are constantly dumping, just look at the history on bittrex. Its either that or some bot. POW supresses the true price of coins imho.

saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:25:26 AM

Ok that is fair. However to the avg investor those numbers arent obvious, all we see is 111 million total coins which sticks out like a sore thumb. I think you should specify the number of coins available in the first year or two, that way there will be some rarity. Put whatever you just said in the OP also, so the avg person knows whats going on. I dont think Im the only newb that come across the OP, reads the specs, sees 111m coins and thinks thats going to be the supply in the near future..then says 'holy shit thats a lot of coins, this coin is not rare.'

Btw multipools are constantly dumping, just look at the history on bittrex. Its either that or some bot. POW supresses the true price of coins imho.

I am not aware of any multipools mining SFR. The dumps is due to one main reason that entire 10 million SFR are in circulation only on Bittrex. The other exchanges Comkort and Rockytrade are not that big. So everyone is pumping and dumping on 1 exchange. So the price is not constant and varies a lot.

We need to get on more bigger exchanges. 1 more as in Poloniex or Mintpal would do good. So the circulation of coins are distributed across more exchanges and not remain on 1 particular exchange. The price will stop varying drastically then.
cryptoholic11

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:30:21 AM

I am not aware of any multipools mining SFR. The dumps is due to one main reason that entire 10 million SFR are in circulation only on Bittrex. The other exchanges Comkort and Rockytrade are not that big. So everyone is pumping and dumping on 1 exchange. So the price is not constant and varies a lot.

We need to get on more bigger exchanges. 1 more as in Poloniex or Mintpal would do good. So the circulation of coins are distributed across more exchanges and not remain on 1 particular exchange. The price will stop varying drastically then.

Good point. The best way to go on mintpal is through continuous development which leads to high volume where they add saffron by choice. If it gets voted on, it will be disaster, like all other coins that got voted on. But you guys are really good dev team, i have faith mintpal will add by choice in the coming weeks.

saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:39:36 AM

Well according to the number of votes we need to reach the top on Mintpal, that would take months and if we end up winning the voting some time, really no point since the coin will be dead or something average by then. If Mintpal adds us by themselves, then that shows the coin is here to stay for a long time.

Poloniex has a weird way of selecting coins. There are some weird coins on Poloniex's voting list. I can tell you as a general person not as a part of SFR that SFR is much better than most coins on their voting list.

For example Dvorakoin was another multi algo coin added directly into Poloniex without any voting. That coin was a clone of SFR having the same 3 algorithms. I verified it by checking my github account where i saw direct pull request from Dvorakoin. The only thing unique was a different kind of reward system. That coin was launched much later than SFR.
Lol, poloniex is just deaf to SFR.
vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:48:21 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 10:09:43 AM by vipin.khatri20

The price is not affected by on how many exchanges the coin is but yeah it does affect volume. As I gave example in my post, those coins are on most of the exchanges but their price is 20 times lower than their high. If the coin is adopted by big investors, it will definitely be added to many exchanges automatically and to get adopted by big investors we need to take few steps in right direction.This coin is good but can be best with just few things done keeping in mind big investors and market demand.
SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:03:25 PM

Now lets come to SFR.

Regards
Vipin Khatri

And your analysis of coins that have been launched, POW'ed, POS'ed and tanked within a 1-2 month time frame? and those that are a roaring success?  Without proof of work there is ultimately no value in a coin because it costs nothing to produce.  POS is a nice feature but why POS only?  that is simply inflation by another method, one which favours bag holders, is anti-egalitarian and stifles liquidity.  One of the greatest features of saffroncoin is it's multi-POS algo, taking that away by going POS-only would destroy it's very foundation.

I really don't understand the motive of your argument.Where did you read that I said we should implement POS? As far as I can read my analysis I can only see the word " Coin Supply". And just to answer your questions, I have not yet seen any POS coin in top ten which is dead. All these coins which I have given as an example were in top ten coins in marketcap. Please feel free to extend your argument with suitable examples. May be there were pump and dump POS coins which were scam but SFR is not scam, so I am not comaparing SFR with shitcoins. I don't know how long you have been following cryptomarket but your profile shows that you have just joined bitcointalk.

As far as SFR is concerned I know its advantage is that it is multi-algo and reach to many sections of crypto society, so I am not saying to end POW. Coin supply is a problem not POW. In my opinion total POW coin supply should be reduced drastically which can be mined in 100 years or sth. Plus POS can be implemented on top with minimum age of say 3 or 4 or whatever days.

To you other argument about value, why you want to waste a lot of money on anything which you can get much cheaper? Weather it is POS or POW it is used for the same purpose and when you can secure the network by just opening your wallet why you want to waste lot of energy for that? There is also another reason for POS being superior than POW, that POS is fair as whoever wants it can buy it after miners have dumped it to earn profit. There are not many people who are miners and if you want to go mainstream than you have to take care of everybody, still there is advantage for miners as they can mine quickly and dump it to earn profit. No investor wants their holdings to get diluted everyday by new coins coming to market and in POW only miners gets the reward which is unfair for investors. This is just sake of argument. I am an investor not miner so yeah I would want it to be POS because it is good for me but I still want that POW should continue in SFR but by reducing total supply and changing reward system, so that my investment is not affected that much and miners also gets their share.

And at last it will be a community decision, so your views are as important as mine. If I will feel that I can loose my investment in SFR because of coin supply, I will buy another coin that is the extreme that can happen. So thanks for sharing what you think,I really appreciate that.

Regards

Vipin Khatri

To answer your question, I've been following Crypto's for 7 months and in that time I've made a very healthy profit predominantly from mining with an initial outlay to build a small GPU rig.  This isn't my first profile on BTCTalk.

It seems I may have conflated your argument for a change of reward structure with one calling for POS only for which I apologise.  I take your points in general, though I don't fully agree with them.  I can see that as an investor you'll have a different perspective but I think miners and proof of work are more important than you think, but we can agree to differ. Smiley

For the short to medium term I don't see anything wrong with the current reward structure, but actually, having re-read the ANN, I think future block reward reductions wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:22:28 PM

This is the first look of the anonymous encrypted messaging service POOF!

This is how the messages will be displayed from your senders along with your message box to send a message to any alias.

saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:56:26 PM

Mock showing a message through SaffronCoin POOF anonymous encrypted messaging service. Beta wallet in 2 days!

POOF! is one of the most secure messaging platforms. Your recipient gets 15 secs to read the message. Then the message is automatically destroyed. A message can contain a max of 100 chars(this could be altered in the final release).

You can also encrypt your messages with a key of your choice. You need to transmit this key to your recipient so he/she can decrypt your encrypted message.

POOF! will undergo more developments to make it the most secure and anonymous messaging platform yet.

You do not have to worry about people/agencies snooping on your email or social networks. POOF! is entirely anonymous and only needs an alias to send a message.

bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:10:20 PM

http://sfr.pool-coins.com does not have 2% fees as stated but charges 4%
not only that but charges 2 SFR for payouts.

O_o
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 234 »
  Print  

Jump to: