News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 234 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SFR] SaffronCoin | Latest Version - 1.4.2/2.6.2 | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 437759 times)
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:24:08 AM

I did, but was able to get it right. I actually had to compile the qt first, then to the src directory to compile the coind. I'm mining away now Tongue
Ok good! Smiley
What distro do you use? Can you share your compiled saffroncoin-qt? I can't compile it for all the distro so it can be usefull for other Smiley.
Sure - not sure how I'd get it to you tho, lol. ubuntu 12.04
Yeah, wan't it! I will test it on 14.04 and if it doesn't work, I will create a 2nd repo for who want it Wink.

Can you share it on mega?

Okay... megafileupload is riffed with adverts/popups and it doesn't seem to want to upload. I don't want to register with them - they'll prolly see my email. What are the other options?

TizeN85

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:44:25 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 11:39:03 AM by TizeN85

Okay. Do you have a one drive or Dropbox account ? Else I will PM you my mail and upload the file on my FTP server Wink  

EDIT: typo
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:39:09 PM

Okay. Do you have a one drive or Dropbox account ? Else I will PM you my mail and upload the file on my FTP server Wink   

EDIT: typo

That might work out better Smiley

donotneedtono

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:26:27 PM

GPU'ers i'm a newbie noodling this so hear me out. a non-programmer opinion

In the past I have seen and used muti-pools that pick the "most profitable coin" and the resultant work is directly deposited to exchanges. Hybrid mining  many algo's with a specific miner that switches on the fly mining  any algo being used and reward to ones bitcoin address. although these are novel, and a bit ingenious for the coders, at best they all require at the end of the day trust outside of the miner's control and decision. Picking the right coin based on moment by moment profit In one form or another. this is a flawed means to increase value of altcoins. If these novel means end up just mining and dumping or exchanging to bitcoin. In the end bitcoin's the only long term beneficiary.

I do not think they benefit the stability of alt coins or the miners that hold each individual coin, that are using and limited to GPU's and CPU's. My simple layman's reasoning is that someone will be likley to mine and hold a coin if it's monitazation and (pardon the thought), "value increases over time".

commerce is not the primary reason some altcoins are created. Op's want to say their balls are bigger and can code something that ends up on a p2p, cool.

If these OP's or keepers of the code could think a bit further out long term would see that "people" , like me who do not write code or want to completely understand the Minutia of the "Blockchain" aren't idiots all of the time. LOL.

SaffronCoin and its op's direction and wallet may have a early expression of just that. seeing ahead a bit that value isn't only when other programmers give you the needed ataboy after 20hrs of continuous coding. we are appreciative sfr team of ur hard work and ideas implemented in a timley manner. RANT OVER

A couple of ideas for the SFR team....

1.) use the wallet's display of current difficulty by algo suggesting the best algo for the most coin based on hash rate etc. to obtain the greatest yield. this would stabilize the non-asic gpu cpu based mining algo's. and spread the work around. I do not want to calculate every day the least difficult algo.. (really I do not know how to calc this or do I want to)  
2) hard code a version of the wallet into the firmware of POS devices. processors or other means of commence. making it update able

3) create a separate side chain specifically to message and update these envisioned devices via a unique algo combo not used for anything else..

best regards,

donot

saffroncoin (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:46:53 PM

GPU'ers i'm a newbie noodling this so hear me out. a non-programmer opinion

In the past I have seen and used muti-pools that pick the "most profitable coin" and the resultant work is directly deposited to exchanges. Hybrid mining  many algo's with a specific miner that switches on the fly mining  any algo being used and reward to ones bitcoin address. although these are novel, and a bit ingenious for the coders, at best they all require at the end of the day trust outside of the miner's control and decision. Picking the right coin based on moment by moment profit In one form or another. this is a flawed means to increase value of altcoins. If these novel means end up just mining and dumping or exchanging to bitcoin. In the end bitcoin's the only long term beneficiary.

I do not think they benefit the stability of alt coins or the miners that hold each individual coin, that are using and limited to GPU's and CPU's. My simple layman's reasoning is that someone will be likley to mine and hold a coin if it's monitazation and (pardon the thought), "value increases over time".

commerce is not the primary reason some altcoins are created. Op's want to say their balls are bigger and can code something that ends up on a p2p, cool.

If these OP's or keepers of the code could think a bit further out long term would see that "people" , like me who do not write code or want to completely understand the Minutia of the "Blockchain" aren't idiots all of the time. LOL.

SaffronCoin and its op's direction and wallet may have a early expression of just that. seeing ahead a bit that value isn't only when other programmers give you the needed ataboy after 20hrs of continuous coding. we are appreciative sfr team of ur hard work and ideas implemented in a timley manner. RANT OVER

A couple of ideas for the SFR team....

1.) use the wallet's display of current difficulty by algo suggesting the best algo for the most coin based on hash rate etc. to obtain the greatest yield. this would stabilize the non-asic gpu cpu based mining algo's. and spread the work around. I do not want to calculate every day the least difficult algo.. (really I do not know how to calc this or do I want to)  
2) hard code a version of the wallet into the firmware of POS devices. processors or other means of commence. making it update able

3) create a separate side chain specifically to message and update these envisioned devices via a unique algo combo not used for anything else..

best regards,

donot

Your first point is noted. Could u please explain your second one a bit more?

Sidechains will be created. We have posted on the OP that we will build a host of apps on our sidechain.

Thanks for feedback. Would love to hear more regarding ideas and features. It would help us improve.
sfrdev2

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:05:14 PM

Looks like ICO coins are the new trend. People are falling for ICO coins where the devs ask before delivering anything. Coin Devs that have never asked for anything but still deliver more than those ICO coins, are just not taken seriously.
xamido

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:10:29 PM

Looks like ICO coins are the new trend. People are falling for ICO coins where the devs ask before delivering anything. Coin Devs that have never asked for anything but still deliver more than those ICO coins, are just not taken seriously.

Hey, if u need donation for some brilliant feature i know others will help. You have gain the trust of the community.

I seriously believe that the only problem with the coin is just advertising. We need more PR.
sfrdev2

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:18:16 PM

Hey, if u need donation for some brilliant feature i know others will help. You have gain the trust of the community.

I seriously believe that the only problem with the coin is just advertising. We need more PR.

No it is not that. It is just how the trend passes on for altcoins. First the Litecoins, most coins that followed were a clone of litecoin, then DOGE, most coins that followed had max coins of over a billion and huge block rewards. Then the anonymity trend set by Darkcoin.
These were all trends.
Then a few months back coins got ninja launched with short POW for quick buck and had max coins in 1M-5M range. That was another trend.
And now it looks like ICO is the new trend.

ICO suck. Just that people fall for such crap. Other coins that have never asked for anything but have given much more are not getting noticed. It hurts cryptos as a whole. This trend will continue for a couple of months more and then some other crappy trend will start.
xamido

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:25:16 PM

No it is not that. It is just how the trend passes on for altcoins. First the Litecoins, most coins that followed were a clone of litecoin, then DOGE, most coins that followed had max coins of over a billion and huge block rewards. Then the anonymity trend set by Darkcoin.
These were all trends.
Then a few months back coins got ninja launched with short POW for quick buck and had max coins in 1M-5M range. That was another trend.

ICO suck. Just that people fall for such crap. Other coins that have never asked for anything but have given much more are not getting noticed. It hurts cryptos as a whole. This trend will continue for a couple of months more and then some other crappy trend will start.

Yeah, that's the reality. Which is why my advice to you guys is 'don't give up'. You only lose when you give up.

I know it's disheartening when you see this coin which you have done so much work with hover at 200k marketcap, while shitty ICO coin without even a wallet can get 125 btc. But it goes back to what your initial intention is. This coin will make it in the long run, i'm 100% sure of it.

The bubble will burst soon, and only real coin with real dev will survive and be the biggest winner.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 08:32:09 PM

These were all trends.

It's the people who are hurting cryptos, not devs. Devs just use what is general truth, and that truth is that people are generally sheeps. Most of the people involved in cryptocurrencies are LOSERS (as in life) and devs know it pretty good, because they already launched 10s of coins and have the experience. Many are just dreaming to become millionaires in couple of days, but in reality they are f*cked in the ass and instead thinking about it, they just say "Oh, well... maybe next time.".

Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:43:14 PM

These were all trends.

Don't forget about the country/state coins... and the animal coins, lol.

But yes, I totally agree - trend. Personally I like the fact this coin is taking some time to get recognized. Gives it an opportunity to establish longevity, an attribute most coins don't aspire to attain. That in itself will put this coin above others. The trust will come when people who aren't in it for a quick buck sees its stability <--- that should be a goal for any coin. The pace of this coin isn't a hurdle, it's a good thing.

Don't rag on me... but what the hell are ICO coins? I see it in ANN threads, but I admit I have no clue what it is! lol

xamido

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:57:55 PM

Don't rag on me... but what the hell are ICO coins? I see it in ANN threads, but I admit I have no clue what it is! lol

Basically it's selling premine before trading even start. At first, scammer make coins with premine and dump once it's launched. Now the premine is dump before it's even trading.

ICO coin reach a new low yesterday with neoscoin. They start trading once the ICO is sold out without even a wallet. Yet those pathetic scammer make 150 btc.
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:14:48 PM

Basically it's selling premine before trading even start. At first, scammer make coins with premine and dump once it's launched. Now the premine is dump before it's even trading.

ICO coin reach a new low yesterday with neoscoin. They start trading once the ICO is sold out without even a wallet. Yet those pathetic scammer make 150 btc.

WHAT?! Good lord. I guess if youre quick enough as a trader you'll come out ahead... feel sorry for the buyers left holding those shitcoins tho. So how the hell do they trade without a wallet? I guess the wallet was made available only to the exchange.

sfrdev2

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:18:21 PM

These were all trends.

Yeah, that's the reality. Which is why my advice to you guys is 'don't give up'. You only lose when you give up.

I know it's disheartening when you see this coin which you have done so much work with hover at 200k marketcap, while shitty ICO coin without even a wallet can get 125 btc. But it goes back to what your initial intention is. This coin will make it in the long run, i'm 100% sure of it.

The bubble will burst soon, and only real coin with real dev will survive and be the biggest winner.

We ain't ever gonna give up. If we had to, we would have given up when we were trading at 100 sats for over a month since launch. But together as a community, we stuck to our task and reached an ATH of 4799.
It is just very silly to see people jumping over these new "hot" coins where devs ask for money before any piece of crap is released. All these big guys fall for it. Whereas those that have proven themselves without ever asking for anything and released a lot at launch, just seem to be ignored because this is not the current trend lol.
CryptoMan2014

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:26:21 PM

Is there allready a decentralized exchange or would SFR be the first if they achieved it before others do?
sfrdev2

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:27:10 PM

WHAT?! Good lord. I guess if youre quick enough as a trader you'll come out ahead... feel sorry for the buyers left holding those shitcoins tho. So how the hell do they trade without a wallet? I guess the wallet was made available only to the exchange.

Apparently, their wallet is to release in mid-september. I like the Neoscoin Dev. He was the dev of Bellacoin a few months back. It is just that asking for an ICO is bullshit. It is a new form of scam that is trending nowadays. First IPO, now ICO, a few months later, some other crap thing will creep out.
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:40:02 PM

It is just very silly to see people jumping over these new "hot" coins where devs ask for money before any piece of crap is released. All these big guys fall for it.
[/quote]

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the bulk of the ICO fund doesn't actually belong to the devs themselves - to give the appearance they have lots of investors... that's just what fools need to jump on the bandwagon - bait. I just skimmed that one neocoin or whatever. They claimed to have sold out all ICO coins. Sure no doubt they did (just hypes up it even more), but they're the only ones who stand to gain anything if it turns out to be a junk coin... which it prolly is.

sfrdev2

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:44:52 PM

It is just very silly to see people jumping over these new "hot" coins where devs ask for money before any piece of crap is released. All these big guys fall for it.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the bulk of the ICO fund doesn't actually belong to the devs themselves - to give the appearance they have lots of investors... that's just what fools need to jump on the bandwagon - bait. I just skimmed that one neocoin or whatever. They claimed to have sold out all ICO coins. Sure no doubt they did (just hypes up it even more), but they're the only ones who stand to gain anything if it turns out to be a junk coin... which it prolly is.

It has a nice looking wallet. But the wallet he demonstrated is on a website. Don't think the coin has been made yet. People are hyping just by the screencast. I want the coin to do well because i believe in that dev but this coin is not bringing out some really kickass stuff for which the dev needs to ask for an ICO. That makes it feel it is about money.
sfrdev2

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:51:40 PM

Is there allready a decentralized exchange or would SFR be the first if they achieved it before others do?

It is tough to actually say. Mastercoin, NXT, counterparty and now Via all came up with some. But none are actually "usable". Mastercoin decentralized exchange is in beta for months. And all these coins asked IPO/ICO for their "uniqueness" but none of them are used on a mainstream level.

People crave so much for decentralized exchanges today but they are just not able to use the ones present today because they are not complete. It all looks like these coins announced these developments and made a protocol to hype it and make quick bucks. Via is a complete copy of XCP.
And people fall for such IPO/ICO crap.
CryptoMan2014

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:03:17 PM

So you could say if you are the first that would get it done then you are on top of the whole idea, that would be a great way to get SaffronCoin on the map to the people that don't know about it yet

Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 234 »
  Print  

Jump to: