News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 234 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SFR] SaffronCoin | Latest Version - 1.4.2/2.6.2 | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 437759 times)
saffroncoin (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:06:53 PM

So you could say if you are the first that that would get you on top of the whole idea, that would be a great way to get SaffronCoin on the map to the people that don't know about it yet

Pretty sure PeerMarket will do that. RZRoad, Onemarket are all in development. Our market is too. If you could release it before those two, then we could say we are the first. But Syscoin is the first in terms of buying "offers" which i guess is similar to a marketplace.
What we are doing is a full decentralized ebay kind. Maybe the UI might not be as great because Web content is far superior but yes the functionality would be the same. Where buyers meet sellers and can view a list of products.
cryptoholic11

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:10:02 PM

MasterCoin (MSC) was actually trading above $200 for quite a long time, until it got dumped to shit. It is now trading just over $4. Talk about bagholding.

I think we need to make a movement...to stop the bullshit. All these new shitcoins that are being released take away from the few legit coins that actually have a chance to make it, because most investors, daytraders, and the sheep just jump from coin to coin in hopes to make a that quick buck. They seem not to give two shits about innovation, or care much about which coin will make it. Greed blinds them. Hate to say it but crypto needs regulation, its that simple. And its probably right around the corner.

sfrdev2

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:13:23 PM

MasterCoin (MSC) was actually trading above $200 for quite a long time, until it got dumped to shit. It is now trading just over $4. Talk about bagholding.

I think we need to make a movement...to stop the bullshit. All these new shitcoins that are being released take away from the few legit coins that actually have a chance to make it, because most investors, daytraders, and the sheep just jump from coin to coin in hopes to make a that quick buck. They seem not to give two shits about innovation, or care much about which coin will make it. Greed blinds them. Hate to say it but crypto needs regulation, its that simple. And its probably right around the corner.

Couldn't have agreed more!
xamido

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:16:04 PM

Anyway dev, i think the design of the wallet need some make over. Is that changes already in the roadmap?

Right now when i first open the wallet i need to click the next symbol to see the coin recycler tab.

saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:17:45 PM

Anyway dev, i think the design of the wallet need some make over. Is that changes already in the roadmap?

Right now when i first open the wallet i need to click the next symbol to see the coin recycler tab.

You increase the size or maximize the wallet. All tabs will be visible.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:49:43 PM

Is there allready a decentralized exchange or would SFR be the first if they achieved it before others do?

It is tough to actually say. Mastercoin, NXT, counterparty and now Via all came up with some. But none are actually "usable". Mastercoin decentralized exchange is in beta for months. And all these coins asked IPO/ICO for their "uniqueness" but none of them are used on a mainstream level.

People crave so much for decentralized exchanges today but they are just not able to use the ones present today because they are not complete. It all looks like these coins announced these developments and made a protocol to hype it and make quick bucks. Via is a complete copy of XCP.
And people fall for such IPO/ICO crap.

hi,

thats actually not correct.

check out multigateway.org

its a working decentralized exchange thats working with btc & ltc right now, but more coins to come.

might be a good thing to get sfr onboard and concetrate on other stuff?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:52:25 PM

Is there allready a decentralized exchange or would SFR be the first if they achieved it before others do?

It is tough to actually say. Mastercoin, NXT, counterparty and now Via all came up with some. But none are actually "usable". Mastercoin decentralized exchange is in beta for months. And all these coins asked IPO/ICO for their "uniqueness" but none of them are used on a mainstream level.

People crave so much for decentralized exchanges today but they are just not able to use the ones present today because they are not complete. It all looks like these coins announced these developments and made a protocol to hype it and make quick bucks. Via is a complete copy of XCP.

hi,

its a working decentralized exchange thats working with btc & ltc right now, but more coins to come.

Yes, i know about that. It is working on the NXT Protocol. Never knew it is "ready". BTCD and VRC have been added recently. Do u know how to contact them for adding SFR?
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:54:09 PM

Wait a hoot - My wallet, v1.3.4.0 is just the standard qt... I compiled from github. Do I have the most recent version?

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:58:03 PM

hi,

Yes, i know about that. It is working on the NXT Protocol. Never knew it is "ready". BTCD and VRC have been added recently. Do u know how to contact them for adding SFR?

yes indeed, i sent you a pm with more information Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:58:50 PM

Wait a hoot - My wallet, v1.3.4.0 is just the standard qt... I compiled from github. Do I have the most recent version?

Do u know we have 2 wallets? You said you compiled from https://github.com/saffroncoin/wallet20. That would give you v2.4.3 which is our multi-tasking wallet.
Both v1.3.4 and v2.4.3 are latest in terms of core developments. But v2.4.3 has a ton of features not present in v1.3.4. We kept 2 wallets to let users choose which they like.
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:05:59 PM

Do u know we have 2 wallets? You said you compiled from https://github.com/saffroncoin/wallet20. That would give you v2.4.3 which is our multi-tasking wallet.
Both v1.3.4 and v2.4.3 are latest in terms of core developments. But v2.4.3 has a ton of features not present in v1.3.4. We kept 2 wallets to let users choose which they like.

Ah! Yes, initially I tried the link i provided you, but it kept failing (I posted that as I was compiling). So I tried the main repository where I was able to compile v1.3.4. I'll be snagging the other one here shortly Tongue  Thanks!

saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:09:39 PM

Ah! Yes, initially I tried the link i provided you, but it kept failing (I posted that as I was compiling). So I tried the main repository where I was able to compile v1.3.4. I'll be snagging the other one here shortly Tongue  Thanks!

You can try the available wallets for Ubuntu listed on the OP if u wish to give it a try.
To compile v2.* wallets, there are some extra dependencies required because we are the only to make use of webkit technology which enables gui web based content in the wallet. Your "qmake" needs to compiled with webkit. Only then can u compile v2.* successfully.
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:08:20 AM

This is my serious question.

What if different linux wallet and Window wallet ?

I dont use Linux just window.

So need to know haha.

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
Billyboy402

Activity: 599

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:08:47 AM

can some one help me understand
 the current sha256 diff is 965,260

but there is only 2 pool with a total of
2.3 ths  on hasmterpool
1ths  on zpool

does that mean here is a shit load of solo miner or private pool
all the algo are on different difficulty right Huh

also with the rest of the algo ( GPU) which is the best ( most profitable ) and less power  at current difficulty

i don't understand why miner push so much power to saffron coin and make it unprofitable for every one
I have half my miner mining BTC and using those BTC to buy SFR  and i only have 1 miner on the pool to help with the network
if i push all my power the diff would double and scare away even more miner

WE NEED TO BUILD THE COMMUNITY !!!!!! 

THIS ACCOUNT WAS HACK > SORRY FOR ANY ONE THAT HAS DEALT WITH THIS ACCOUNT.
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:32:39 PM

This is my serious question.

What if different linux wallet and Window wallet ?

I dont use Linux just window.

So need to know haha.

There isn't a difference. But there are two versions of the wallet; the classic version or the version with all the added features.

Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:34:42 PM

You can try the available wallets for Ubuntu listed on the OP if u wish to give it a try.
To compile v2.* wallets, there are some extra dependencies required because we are the only to make use of webkit technology which enables gui web based content in the wallet. Your "qmake" needs to compiled with webkit. Only then can u compile v2.* successfully.

I still had issues, but it could be due to the version of xubuntu I'm on 12.04. I'll upgrade to latest distro.

sisx2007

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:37:37 PM

dev, i have a good idea.we can copy NEM's IPO to make a SFR shares to bring more people to build our community.
donotneedtono

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:50:37 PM

A couple of ideas for the SFR team....

1.) use the wallet's display of current difficulty by algo suggesting the best algo for the most coin based on hash rate etc. to obtain the greatest yield. this would stabilize the non-asic gpu cpu based mining algo's. and spread the work around. I do not want to calculate every day the least difficult algo.. (really I do not know how to calc this or do I want to)  
2) hard code a version of the wallet into the firmware of POS devices. processors or other means of commence. making it update able

3) create a separate side chain specifically to message and update these envisioned devices via a unique algo combo not used for anything else..

best regards,

donot

[/quote]

Your first point is noted. Could u please explain your second one a bit more?

Sidechains will be created. We have posted on the OP that we will build a host of apps on our sidechain.

Thanks for feedback. Would love to hear more regarding ideas and features. It would help us improve.
[/quote]

sure 2 and three are really 2 and 2b...

in the 90's i spent seven years working the monetization of electrons. Virtual currency, moving crypto value around portable devices, servers, and POS's. Enablements that provided a secure unique methods, software, firmware, and the like.   Which was used for real commence... yes buying exchanging, and selling things made of atoms and electrons.....a centralized system, most of the metrics I worked out 20 years B4 the benefit of Satoshi's brilliant white paper. My accomplishments rather sheepish in a comparison. i probably had 15 man years of hardware, firmware, software coding, flashing, MMI's and building one of a kind systems. I had a three layer on tracks, white board the size of my entire office wall...(17ft) conference table for 7 persons on laptops at the time coding while I sketched scribbled and interacted with them for hours... a blast. any way.

not to tell u what to do but Start focusing SFR on two primary's 1). (means of commence) hummm lets talk about this one first only because the altcoin community appears to never get to this important step in establishing greater value. For instance, great to work mining and exchanging but as the market indicates to date (year or so of data) the value diminishes as the coin's r mined. Corresponding delicate balance between mining/spending efficiency (choice of proof-of-work, alternate designs)each and everyone going through a selfish mining, race conditions. this equates to a limit of perceived and resultant value's. that are cyclical, unstable. I think Robert Metcalff's of 3com made a statement  The law that states that the usefulness of a telecommunications network is proportional to the square of the number of its users. 2014-15 this is early yet in maturation. lots of space to fill with ideas and code.Time may prove my premise suspect but we will be in this early stage iterations untill someone anyone makes a means of accepted commerce break through.

Second thought here is one I will get push back, but for all the talk and hyperbo of how decentralized the bitcoin block chain and every other altcoin claims to be. It really controlled by less then ten people respectively per coin. Everyone believes only they have the best interest of the "greater global community" hogwash. just because it's P2p, the rules of engagement are defined by a few. I wish there was a elegant solution to this but alias, not yet.

Lastly my favorite phrase to my coding geniuses. "If i look at the finished work product, and ask for an explanation will I be impressed by code or MMI and elegant use. we aren't their yet maybe I can provide the Ice water to get the community to think. I did it for 7 years and all of the people that coded for me would do it again because it was so much fun and resulted in beautiful products that enabled buying and selling.

ur thoughts, saffron and everyone.

Donot
xamido

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:22:17 PM

I get what you mean, you wanted this coin to be used with real life commerce devices. But designing this kind of technology is costly and takes time, i'm not sure the dev can do that soon. They are also busy coding the sfr market right now.  Smiley
Coin_Viking

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:30:22 PM

Things I've been thinking about to further Saffroncoin's evolution:

1) Multi-algo PoW coupled with PoS for the most complete hybridization of Saffroncoin... ideas/thoughts:

From the dev cycle I've seen thus far, I've liked that the coin has done more of less constant balance between building up the nascent platform with new features and then working on the core coin architecture to solidify its foundation and improve its chances for adoption/success for in the longer term. Now that the decentralized market dev is in full swing and will be released shortly, as a community it think its time to start the discussion for the addition of PoS mechanism to the coin. Pure PoS is odd to me so this is deffinitly not what I'm suggesting, Saffron is PoW, its clearly stated in the WP and fully support that, however, not everyone is a miner. This is my observation but one there is one thing that the coin still seems to lack and that is big investors, sure there are some but not on the scale that have taken some of the other coins with less feature than saffron to the top tier of the crypto landscape. Saffroncoin should be one of those top 10 coins, with the pace of expansion of services/features I see no reason why this cannot come to pass.

That being said, currently saffron provides the best mining solution out there and with the slight tweaking of the coin minting model has evolved into a well balanced crypto but I still think that the missing last piece is incentivisation to hold coins for a longer period and reward investors for their patience. It would be the icing on the cake so to speak, so that saffron can be all that it can be, a coin thats matters to everyone.

I'd be interested in knowing what the community thinks, maybe we could have a poll put up. As its been stated, this wouldn't replace pow, it would simply exist on top/along side of it. The first multi-algo Pow/pos hybrid that im aware of. perhaps tricky to implement but coins such as fluttercoin have had active hybrid proof system in place quite successfully.

As far as structure I'm thinking a few options that could be put to the poll:

a) the addition of PoS with a fixed low annual interest rate 1-2%(like blackcoin)
b) the addition of poS with a variable interest rate that increases for everyone the more is being staked on the network (like vericoin)
c) the addition of poS with tiered interest rate based on how much is being staked in ones particular wallet/node (think of it at increased staking rewards

the more you are staking) ex: of tiers :
                                      tier 0: < 200k SFR stakes at base rate of 1%
                                      tier 1: 200k SFR stakes @ 1.5%
                                      tier 2: 400k SFR stakes @ 2%
                                      tier 3: 650k SFR stakes at 2.5%

*these are just to be used as examples to get the concept across.

d) A hybrid of B & C tiered interest rates but whose actual rate is variable based upon the the total amount being staked within that particular bracket/tier. Meaning if all the little guys stick together their interest rate goes up same for if the big holders stake they are directly helping each other out. Doing this you incentivise individuals and groups within the community to stake together. Rising tide lifts all boats.

I know there have been some post about PoS before, and I know that it isnt strictly consistent with Satoshi's original vision but that is predominantly for pure PoS coins.. which this is not what I'm proposing here at all. Crypto constantly evolves, Satoshi could not have predicted all the developments when he first wrote the bitcoin WP.

Given future development to meta layer/side chains for saffron sure these side chains could work on this principle, though from my interpretation of these tokens created for smart contracts etc they arent really intended to be stores of value etc, rather they are mechanisms to further decentralize applications. Do feel to focus should be on the core currency that being SFR.

2) meta layers/side-chains

When this does come to pass, we'll need a token/coin for the top layer smart contracts etc.. I've mentioned this on IRC and to Rosh a little while back and calling it CSFR (concentrated saffroncoin), the creation of which would possibly exist during a fixed timeframe and the SFR coins sent to purchase the CSFR would be burned/sent to a provably dead/unrecoverable address after which no other CSFR would be created (unless PoS mechanism is used on it i suppose). So many coins are just following SAffron these days and duplicating all the features Rosh and his team pioneered, so perhaps even a portion of the burn (or heck all of it.. think viacoin idk) could be sent to a dev fund since the devs have put so much effort into this coin and have never asked for anything, think of it as the community thanking the devs and allowing for future funding of projects and the all important maketing.

3) To be to further enhance the community effect, one that is often discussed and lauded in crypto yet not really actively/visibly supported in the coin architecture (from Donot's post his 2 point alludes to this.. that true decentralization can sometimes be illusiory) :

Perhaps the use of side-chains would facilitate this, but the idea would be to build a decentralized voting system within the coins architecture that would enable the community to further determine the coin minting process, dynamically (possibly resets every X number of blocks etc):

For example, the at present 32 coins per bolck are generated as a reward. What if 50% (16 sfr) were guarranteed to miners but that the other 50% distribution would be determined by the community?

By this I mean the following: The distributed voting system would have fixed questions whose % of voting corrolates to the amount of coins to be used to the selected process.

16 coins per block in play which would go towards to following options (just examples of the top of my head):

option 1: give the coins to the miners they deserve them!
option 2: burn the coins to a provably dead address to further reduce daily supply
option 3: send coins to a developer fund so that we can reward the dev for his hard work and enable the hire of more devs/bounties for faster

updates/releases
option 4: donate funds to a cause/charity of the month.

so that if this was built into the wallet, everyone would have a vote to make and could result in something like this:

option 1 gets 50% would give the miners 8 addtional SFR (so 20 coins total for that block)
option 2 gets 25% would burn 4 SFR per block
option 3 gets 15% would give the dev fund 2.4 SFR per block
option 4 gets 10% would give 1.6 SFR to a community selected charity

these are just examples off the top of my head, I don't know of the feasibility of such a system or even if its possible to implement but to me, such a system would create the first decentralized dynamic coin supply regulating mechanism in crypto as well as to really drive the concept of community in general that decentralization doesn't mean that nobody owns the coin, it means that we all do, and that for its future, we all matter Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 234 »
  Print  

Jump to: