News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SFR] SaffronCoin | Latest Version - 1.4.2/2.6.2 | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 437749 times)
saffroncoin (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:16:54 PM

Hey folks we are proposing some changes for the SFRDirect protocol. So would like your input.

There would a greater control on the supply of cSFR. So burning of 1 SFR would yield 0.9-0.7 cSFR which would make the value of cSFR even more valuable and hence it would be a "concentrated" currency.
We do not want to have millions of cSFR available because there is SFR for that. We want cSFR to be used only for specific tasks where 1 cSFR could hold a good value.

Other asset currencies are highly inflated since they produce more than what is burnt and they are not really used much other than just trading.

Having a highly limited asset currency being used on marketplaces, exchanges, stores could add a lot of value to cSFR as well as SFR.

Please do give your views on this proposal.
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:24:54 PM

Many seems that likes my input so far: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=586320.msg9169706#msg9169706
Even you are among them.
But anyway, it is my fault entering this project at all.
But never to late to get out.
Giving priority to someone over others , someone who will do it for donations, smells like developer team has not much to spend on his own project, which means very soon death. And after all, that's not the way to make good wide stable distribution and promotion.
When you say something stick to it.
@cryptouser asks for voting, what you will answer him ? No voting, sorry, next time ?

No need to answer any of those above to me, 'cos i am already out, but answer to sfr followers and supporters.
And good luck with maintaining consistency.

Your post I think is a bit uncalled for bud.  You entered a contest by submitting your logos, they were all really beautiful but another person seemed to be slightly favored for their work they submitted.  To show now, your willingness to bash the coin and devs because you did not "get the job" makes it seem even more the decision that was made, was the right one!  Very unprofessional of you in my opinion.

Have to approve the very unprofessional way to react. You did a great job, but other members of this community might have found a logo slightly more appealing than yours. There's no reason to bash the coin for that.
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:54:48 PM

0.7cSFR. When the burn at this rate plus the EliteClub get under way we can expected big things.

Hey folks we are proposing some changes for the SFRDirect protocol. So would like your input.

There would a greater control on the supply of cSFR. So burning of 1 SFR would yield 0.9-0.7 cSFR which would make the value of cSFR even more valuable and hence it would be a "concentrated" currency.
We do not want to have millions of cSFR available because there is SFR for that. We want cSFR to be used only for specific tasks where 1 cSFR could hold a good value.

Other asset currencies are highly inflated since they produce more than what is burnt and they are not really used much other than just trading.

Having a highly limited asset currency being used on marketplaces, exchanges, stores could add a lot of value to cSFR as well as SFR.

crimealone

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:29:45 PM

When sfdirect will be released

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
gdavis024

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Fighter of the Dayman

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 02:02:12 PM

I got the impression that the burning process and and the amount of cSFR produced would be variable, no? Meaning over the month long burning those that burned towards the beginning would receive closer to .9 cSFR per 1 SFR burned gradually decreasing to .7 cSFR per 1 SFR burned for those that burned closer towards the end. A way to at least incentivize early burners.

I was also thinking that we could maybe coincide the release of SFRaffle with cSFR and try to issue "raffle tickets" as a part of the burning process. So to enter the raffle you'd have to burn a certain amount of sfr into cSFR. This would bring attention to cSFR and hopefully convinces some extra people to burn. The more SFR burned the better right? The more cSFR created the more it decreases sfr's overall supply.

0.7cSFR. When the burn at this rate plus the EliteClub get under way we can expected big things.

saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 04:18:16 PM

I got the impression that the burning process and and the amount of cSFR produced would be variable, no? Meaning over the month long burning those that burned towards the beginning would receive closer to .9 cSFR per 1 SFR burned gradually decreasing to .7 cSFR per 1 SFR burned for those that burned closer towards the end. A way to at least incentivize early burners.

I was also thinking that we could maybe coincide the release of SFRaffle with cSFR and try to issue "raffle tickets" as a part of the burning process. So to enter the raffle you'd have to burn a certain amount of sfr into cSFR. This would bring attention to cSFR and hopefully convinces some extra people to burn. The more SFR burned the better right? The more cSFR created the more it decreases sfr's overall supply.

Sweet that's awesome!
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:26:54 AM

SSL certificates have just been setup for the SFRDirect Webwallet as an extra medium of security. The SFRDirect protocol and decentralized exchange are all developed. We are working on some extra features to increase the value of cSFR and its usage.

gdavis above mentioned some interesting methods having an SFRaffle. So we would be implementing that. He had also mentioned of developing an asset for the Elite club on top of Saffroncoin Blockchain through SFRDirect known as SFR Elitecoins. Instead of holding SFR for joining the elite club, users need to hold some elitecoins to join the Elite club. Those elitecoins can be bought by cSFR. A market for this would be setup on the decentralized asset exchange in SFRDirect.

This would increase the value of cSFR and provide the need for burning more SFR.

All other asset currencies don't have much usage apart from trading. We want concentrated SFR to be the most valuable asset currency.
We need to have all bases covered during SFRDirect launch.

Since the burn process would go on for about a month, we would release SFRDirect soon enough for burning and have other assets and SFRaffle developed before the burning phase gets over.
oktogen

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:42:21 PM

SSL certificates have just been setup for the SFRDirect Webwallet as an extra medium of security. The SFRDirect protocol and decentralized exchange are all developed. We are working on some extra features to increase the value of cSFR and its usage.

gdavis above mentioned some interesting methods having an SFRaffle. So we would be implementing that. He had also mentioned of developing an asset for the Elite club on top of Saffroncoin Blockchain through SFRDirect known as SFR Elitecoins. Instead of holding SFR for joining the elite club, users need to hold some elitecoins to join the Elite club. Those elitecoins can be bought by cSFR. A market for this would be setup on the decentralized asset exchange in SFRDirect.

This would increase the value of cSFR and provide the need for burning more SFR.

All other asset currencies don't have much usage apart from trading. We want concentrated SFR to be the most valuable asset currency.

Since the burn process would go on for about a month, we would release SFRDirect soon enough for burning and have other assets and SFRaffle developed before the burning phase gets over.

Nice detailed answer. But can you say a feasible time interval, when it can be released?
kid_brook

Activity: 120

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:36:12 PM

Nice detailed answer. But can you say a feasible time interval, when it can be released?

If it will be in December, I'm afraid I will miss it since I will be away for 6 weeks.
No access to my wallet, no internet connection to the place I will be going to...I will be coming back mid-January next year...

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
gdavis024

Fighter of the Dayman

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:08:13 AM

well then kidbrook you gotta make sure to stock up while you can and while coins are cheap Smiley

If it will be in December, I'm afraid I will miss it since I will be away for 6 weeks.
No access to my wallet, no internet connection to the place I will be going to...I will be coming back mid-January next year...

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
gdavis024

Fighter of the Dayman

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:24:40 AM

Everyone should also check out Coin Source's Proof of Honor award. It's supposed to highlight and give recognition to a selected member of the crypto community who has exemplified excellence and true contributions to crypto as a whole. I dunno about all of you guys but I immediately thought of Rosh. He's done so much and such a great job for SaffronCoin, yet sadly, he doesn't always get the recognition or acknowledgment for his efforts as he should. That's why I nominated him for the Proof of Honor award.

You can find the link here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855130.msg9514886#msg9514886

He needs to be nominated 15 times to be added to the voting list, and I already nominated him once, so we only need 14 more! Let's make this happen guys!! Rosh deserves it and it'd be great for SaffronCoin as well Smiley
mig6r

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:46:49 AM

Done, of course !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:30:07 AM

That's a great concept! Thanks guys for nominating.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 08:04:12 AM

Everyone should also check out Coin Source's Proof of Honor award. It's supposed to highlight and give recognition to a selected member of the crypto community who has exemplified excellence and true contributions to crypto as a whole. I dunno about all of you guys but I immediately thought of Rosh. He's done so much and such a great job for SaffronCoin, yet sadly, he doesn't always get the recognition or acknowledgment for his efforts as he should. That's why I nominated him for the Proof of Honor award.

You can find the link here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855130.msg9514886#msg9514886

He needs to be nominated 15 times to be added to the voting list, and I already nominated him once, so we only need 14 more! Let's make this happen guys!! Rosh deserves it and it'd be great for SaffronCoin as well Smiley

Thank you for sharing. Saffron's dev now has been nominated 6 times.

P.S. Keep up with the good work, Mohammed. Honesty will win sooner or later! Wink

kid_brook

Activity: 120

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:29:32 PM

Thank you for sharing. Saffron's dev now has been nominated 6 times.

P.S. Keep up with the good work, Mohammed. Honesty will win sooner or later! Wink

My last count...already 10...me no#10.....4 more needed so he can be on the list...   Cool Cool Cool
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:39:04 PM

@ Rosham

First of all congrats on your nominations.

I am doing research on your project and have a couple of questions that I would like you to answer if you will:

-- The projected "Decentralized exchange" you mention in the Roadmap, is still a go I assume since it is also in the header of this thread. Are you willing to reconsider that project in view of the recent actions of multinational agencies that have so far gotten Defcom in jail and over 400 "decentralized" web sites closed with promises for similar sweep and swift actions to come to the digital currencies world in the next future? And if not, why not since regulation and legal prosecution would clearly endanger the viability of your project?

Thanks in advance for your answers and congratulation also on your wallet. Quite impressive.
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:09:04 PM

@ Rosham

I am doing research on your project and have a couple of questions that I would like you to answer if you will:

-- The projected "Decentralized exchange" you mention in the Roadmap, is still a go I assume since it is also in the header of this thread. Are you willing to reconsider that project in view of the recent actions of multinational agencies that have so far gotten Defcom in jail and over 400 "decentralized" web sites closed with promises for similar sweep and swift actions to come to the digital currencies world in the next future? And if not, why not since regulation and legal prosecution would clearly endanger the viability of your project?

Thanks in advance for your answers and congratulation also on your wallet. Quite impressive.

Hi barabbas,

The decentralized asset exchange and other decentralized tools will definitely be released.
Decentralized tools are not banned. The websites that got banned probably used decentralization for illegal activities like silkroad. I don't think as long as you use this   protocol for not doing anything illegal, would there be a problem.
If that was the case then bitcoin would be banned in all countries.
But there could be issues with regulations. That is something we need to look at once it arrives. Hopefully we can figure out something that would benefit everyone when the time comes.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:15:54 PM

@ Rosham

Hi barabbas,

The decentralized asset exchange and other decentralized tools will definitely be released.
Decentralized tools are not banned. The websites that got banned probably used decentralization for illegal activities like silkroad. I don't think as long as you use this   protocol for not doing anything illegal, would there be a problem.
But there could be issues with regulations. That is something we need to look at once it arrives. Hopefully we can figure out something that would benefit everyone when the time comes.

Thank you for such quick answer.

The obvious argument would be that there's no way to prevent illegal usage of a decentralized exchange, therefore it will be taken down by authorities, even before regulation shuts it down.

I guess what I am questioning is how wise it is to dedicate efforts and other resources to such a project -which, by the way, dozens of other coins are in different processes of offering and some already do-, since it's real value is doubtful at best right now and very, very dangerous at worst.

In my opinion, you could have a much productive fruit of your obvious talents concentrating on developing more innovative project, within this coin, instead. But that just my opinion, of course.

Thanks again and good luck!
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:12:07 PM

@ Rosham

Hi barabbas,

The obvious argument would be that there's no way to prevent illegal usage of a decentralized exchange, therefore it will be taken down by authorities, even before regulation shuts it down.

I guess what I am questioning is how wise it is to dedicate efforts and other resources to such a project -which, by the way, dozens of other coins are in different processes of offering and some already do-, since it's real value is doubtful at best right now and very, very dangerous at worst.

In my opinion, you could have a much productive fruit of your obvious talents concentrating on developing more innovative project, within this coin, instead. But that just my opinion, of course.

A lot of stuff are on the pipeline. May I know what are some of the projects you are referring too?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:25:33 PM

@ Rosham

Hi barabbas,

A lot of stuff are on the pipeline. May I know what are some of the projects you are referring too?

BitBay is the latest one announced, but there are dozens of others in different stages of development -or already active- including very well funded ones on SuperNET and BlockNet.
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 »
  Print  

Jump to: