Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:30:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940986 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:48:16 AM

Just ignore the noob who needs attention.

No. Nxt community provides free hugs to everyone.

Well then I want my free hug now please Tongue !

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:58:36 AM

Just ignore the noob who needs attention.

No. Nxt community provides free hugs to everyone.

Found an old video of CfB meeting BM for the first time (before BM's orientation operation, obviously).....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKzk_0HWxUI
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:01:16 PM

Come at me bro

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:19:41 PM

Now you can watch Nxt Security Coin to be paid in real-time here (updates once per hour).

It would be nice to have a little more buy support for NSC from the founders and whales.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:15:08 PM

I'm working on a crowdfunding site that accepts fiat and crypto, I'm seriously considering creating a token for it.  Up to the time that I reached out to PilotofBTC, I was ambivalent about the meaningful differences between NXT, Mastercoin, Counterparty, and any other BTC 2.0 platforms.   

I want to raise startup funds for PICISI (the crowdfunding site), what is the protocol for NXT ITOs? 

Here is a bit of info on PICISI:

PICISI will be a very powerful vehicle for introducing CC to the broader world.  It will enable many different coin communities to get their respective coins lots of exposure and use.  Utility is the highest function for a currency, with PICISI Organizers and Donors are gently immersed in a world where CC has meaningful and practical financial value -- at PICISI CC get lots of attention.

When visitors come to the site to raise funds for things that interest them they will have the opportunity to collect fiat as well as CC.  There are two host currencies, one for fiat and one for CC.   The Organizer has three options: a) accept sponsorship, b) select from list of CCs, or c) PICISI coin (default).  If they select sponsorship they will actually get paid because of that selection.   That's a great way to introduce CC to someone.   As Host CC sponsor all CC donations (regardless of type) are immediately converted to your currency and remain in that currency until spent or for the duration of the campaign.  The Organizer has the opportunity to spend CC donations with a campaign contractor(s) who help Organizers create, develop, and/or promote their campaign; thereby causing your currency to cycle again.

In addition to Host CC, there are 4 other sponsorship opportunities....

again, what is the protocol for NXT ITOs?
freenxt.org

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:42:48 PM

I'm working on a crowdfunding site that accepts fiat and crypto, I'm seriously considering creating a token for it.  Up to the time that I reached out to PilotofBTC, I was ambivalent about the meaningful differences between NXT, Mastercoin, Counterparty, and any other BTC 2.0 platforms.   

I want to raise startup funds for PICISI (the crowdfunding site), what is the protocol for NXT ITOs? 

PICISI will be a very powerful vehicle for introducing CC to the broader world.  It will enable many different coin communities to get their respective coins lots of exposure and use.  Utility is the highest function for a currency, with PICISI Organizers and Donors are gently immersed in a world where CC has meaningful and practical financial value -- at PICISI CC get lots of attention.

When visitors come to the site to raise funds for things that interest them they will have the opportunity to collect fiat as well as CC.  There are two host currencies, one for fiat and one for CC.   The Organizer has three options: a) accept sponsorship, b) select from list of CCs, or c) PICISI coin (default).  If they select sponsorship they will actually get paid because of that selection.   That's a great way to introduce CC to someone.   As Host CC sponsor all CC donations (regardless of type) are immediately converted to your currency and remain in that currency until spent or for the duration of the campaign.  The Organizer has the opportunity to spend CC donations with a campaign contractor(s) who help Organizers create, develop, and/or promote their campaign; thereby causing your currency to cycle again.

See https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/issue/205 -> Crowd funding
qqNxt

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:48:39 PM

Out of interest, would anyone be interested in using a Trezor for Nxt to increase their security?

i think nxt's phasing transactions+cold wallet offline transaction broadcast is enough security for me. Can't get any better.
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:00:49 PM

I've sent you a PM.

Would be happy to help get you started Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
bizz

Activity: 492

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:31:57 PM

See https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/issue/205 -> Crowd funding

Hmmm ... someone should def make a user friendly crowd funding guide on NXT.
Armis

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:05:42 AM

I'm working on a crowdfunding site that accepts fiat and crypto, I'm seriously considering creating a token for it.  Up to the time that I reached out to PilotofBTC, I was ambivalent about the meaningful differences between NXT, Mastercoin, Counterparty, and any other BTC 2.0 platforms.  

PICISI will be a very powerful vehicle for introducing CC to the broader world.  It will enable many different coin communities to get their respective coins lots of exposure and use.  Utility is the highest function for a currency, with PICISI Organizers and Donors are gently immersed in a world where CC has meaningful and practical financial value -- at PICISI CC get lots of attention.

When visitors come to the site to raise funds for things that interest them they will have the opportunity to collect fiat as well as CC.  There are two host currencies, one for fiat and one for CC.   The Organizer has three options: a) accept sponsorship, b) select from list of CCs, or c) PICISI coin (default).  If they select sponsorship they will actually get paid because of that selection.   That's a great way to introduce CC to someone.   As Host CC sponsor all CC donations (regardless of type) are immediately converted to your currency and remain in that currency until spent or for the duration of the campaign.  The Organizer has the opportunity to spend CC donations with a campaign contractor(s) who help Organizers create, develop, and/or promote their campaign; thereby causing your currency to cycle again.

I've sent you a PM.

Would be happy to help get you started Smiley

Thanks for the informative PM, I will take all of the info under advisement.

I heard about JeanLucPicard paper in a NXT youtube vid, after seeing the hard copy I gotta say I didn't understand the content or context.  

How does that material relate to crowd funding?  

[/quote]

yes, please
valarmg

Activity: 237

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:13:56 AM

I heard about JeanLucPicard paper in a NXT youtube vid, after seeing the hard copy I gotta say I didn't understand the content or context.  

How does that material relate to crowd funding?  

Because you can set up the MS to have the properties needed for crowdfunding. So, you can create a project, set a deadline and a target amount. Users donate money toward the project, and after the deadline occurs, funds will automatically go to the project issuer if target is met, and, otherwise, be returned to the donors. Bang: Decentralized Kickstarter!
(First decentalized crowdfunded project: https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153/(ann)-acmdy-1st-crowd-funding-ms-coin-nxt-academy-by-salsacz/)

There's a plugin being developed. We need to wait for Nxt1.5 but that should be here soon.
bizz

Activity: 492

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:20:30 AM

There's a plugin being developed. We need to wait for Nxt1.5 but that should be here soon.

Yeah I noticed after searching for guides. Btw. from what I've seen Nxt v1.5 will be mindblowing. Maybe my favorite release. Because of plugins.
bithasher

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:01:01 PM

Yeah I noticed after searching for guides. Btw. from what I've seen Nxt v1.5 will be mindblowing. Maybe my favorite release. Because of plugins.

That is awesome news about v1.5 and price is very good to grab more before they to hit again ath after the release of new version.
EmoneyRu

Activity: 600

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:16:22 AM

NSC payouts were made. Everybody can get them next time. Just hallmark your node.

Armis

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 06:52:14 AM

I'd like to issue an asset but before doing the real thing, I was wondering if you had a "test net" type of thing I could use to practice on?
m19

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:42:56 AM

I'd like to issue an asset but before doing the real thing, I was wondering if you had a "test net" type of thing I could use to practice on?

Yes, here's a public node that's running testnet: http://jnxt.org:6876/

If you use the original client you can also set it to testnet yourself by changing the conf/nxt-default.properties file and change this line: nxt.isTestnet=false to nxt.isTestnet=true.
valarmg

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:10:16 AM

If you use the original client you can also set it to testnet yourself by changing the conf/nxt-default.properties file and change this line: nxt.isTestnet=false to nxt.isTestnet=true.

Better to create a conf/nxt.properties files and set nxt.isTestnet=true to overwrite defaults. (nxt-default.properties can get overwritten by an update, so nxt.properties can store all user configurations.)
Armis

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:26:50 PM

Better to create a conf/nxt.properties files and set nxt.isTestnet=true to overwrite defaults. (nxt-default.properties can get overwritten by an update, so nxt.properties can store all user configurations.)

Whoa, as easy as this may be to you guys this is looking like it is flying over my head -- any instructions on how to do the above would be greatly appreciated.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:02:05 PM

Whoa, as easy as this may be to you guys this is looking like it is flying over my head -- any instructions on how to do the above would be greatly appreciated.

Your main nxt folder contains a "conf" folder. In there you will find the nxt-default.properties file.
Open it with a Text Editor.
This line: nxt.isTestnet=false
Change it to true
save the file with the name nxt.properties (so that it won't get overwritten after an update)

Go here to ask for testnxt
https://nxtforum.org/testnet/some-testnxt-to-test-asset-exchange/
valarmg

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:15:06 PM

Your main nxt folder contains a "conf" folder. In there you will find the nxt-default.properties file.
Open it with a Text Editor.
This line: nxt.isTestnet=false
Change it to true
save the file with the name nxt.properties (so that it won't get overwritten after an update)

Better just go to the conf folder, create a new text file, call it nxt.properties, (no .txt at end). Add a line to that file: "nxt.isTestnet=true", then run Nxt and go to http://localhost:6876/

(The problem with copying the whole file is you are defaulting parameters that might not be defaulted an upcoming release, thus causing problems down the line[many people have had issues with this]. nxt.properties should only contain lines where you are deliberately making changes to the configuration.)
Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: