Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:13:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 [437] 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:48:27 AM

Meanwhile BTC is literaly exploding -above $2,000. within hours-. Get ready for NXT (and ARDR, along with the ret of alts) to tumble further. Significantly

Nxt has a little troll now, a good sign it is doing something well Smiley

Really? A legendary member with hundreds of posts on this thread is a "now"? Wow. But, paraphrasing yourself, to each his own. Love the argument about the facts stated, though.

Yes, now. It was quiet here in 2015-2016. Now that Nxt is doing better, there is this little trolling happening. Keep it up! Wink

Not too much for credibility but hey... As for NXT "doing better"... well, considering that even that proven scam (Bobsurplus even bailed out when caught) named BAY has gone x10 -along with every other worthless project- in the last few months, NXT is doing only relatively "better". Hopefully, for those of us that hope to benefit greatly from the scheme by these developers, the money that is pouring practically indiscriminately across the boards onto every coin project, will continue or, at least, won't run after being taken. We will see.

Stating facts, such as the ones stated above, can be called "little trolling" only if one has not very legitimate interest in keeping them unaddressed. But, like I said, the scheme is working, so let's benefit all.
But in knowledge, not chosen ignorance -or blatant deceit- of what really is going on.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:59:03 AM

Meanwhile BTC is literaly exploding -above $2,000. within hours-. Get ready for NXT (and ARDR, along with the ret of alts) to tumble further. Significantly

Really? A legendary member with hundreds of posts on this thread is a "now"? Wow. But, paraphrasing yourself, to each his own. Love the argument about the facts stated, though.

Trolling posts do not count.

By checking poloniex I see green color with Nxt and Ardor. Do you have other sources, where Nxt and Ardor tumble significantly?

You see 1% gains after tumbling 20% -from much higher prices-. But give it a little time so BTC recharges and keeps going much, much higher. Let's see what happens then. We will indeed revisit this in months to come. Years, even.

That said, I'm the first to congratulate -and participate in the profits- the schemers because it obviously worked -even before the river of new money inundating crypto of late-. Hey, overnight they doubled the market value of this project by simply calling NXT Ardor. That was impressive. And as such, chapeau, once again. Now it needs to go back to 10k -minimum-, to really be a participant of the "raining money" going on across the board. Close, but still not quite there yet. I'd be the first to celebrate for it indeed has some tech value under the hood, as opposed to so many others that have gone x10, x20 and more in the last few weeks. I am very surprised the whole thing is so (price) vulnerable, though, giving the circumstances.
lurker10

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:59:24 AM

Yes, now. It was quiet here in 2015-2016. Now that Nxt is doing better, there is this little trolling happening. Keep it up! Wink

Not too much for credibility but hey... As for NXT "doing better"... well, considering that even that proven scam (Bobsurplus even bailed out when caught) named BAY has gone x10 -along with every other worthless project- in the last few months, NXT is doing only relatively "better". Hopefully, for those of us that hope to benefit greatly from the scheme by these developers, the money that is pouring practically indiscriminately across the boards onto every coin project, will continue or, at least, won't run after being taken. We will see.

Stating facts, such as the ones stated above, can be called "little trolling" only if one has not very legitimate interest in keeping them unaddressed. But, like I said, the scheme is working, so let's benefit all.
But in knowledge, not chosen ignorance -or blatant deceit- of what really is going on.

I bet you haven't opened the new Ardor testnet client and do not understand how it is different from Nxt.

As for Nxt doing only relatively better in price charts, with that I can somewhat agree. It can be argued that the new product isn't launched in mainnet, there is a lot of action ahead.

martismartis
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:09:37 AM

Trolling posts do not count.

By checking poloniex I see green color with Nxt and Ardor. Do you have other sources, where Nxt and Ardor tumble significantly?

You see 1% gains after tumbling 20% -from much higher prices-. But give it a little time so BTC recharges and keeps going much, much higher. Let's see what happens then. We will indeed revisit this in months to come. Years, even.

That said, I'm the first to congratulate -and participate in the profits- the schemers because it obviously worked -even before the river of new money inundating crypto of late-. Hey, overnight they doubled the market value of this project by simply calling NXT Ardor. That was impressive. And as such, chapeau, once again. Now it needs to go back to 10k -minimum-, to really be a participant of the "raining money" going on across the board. Close, but still not quite there yet. I'd be the first to celebrate for it indeed has some tech value under the hood, as opposed to so many others that have gone x10, x20 and more in the last few weeks. I am very surprised the whole thing is so (price) vulnerable, though, giving the circumstances.

I'd recommend you start from reading this: https://www.jelurida.com/ardor-nxt-feature-comparison and this https://www.jelurida.com/ardor-blockchain-platform-design

It's not a wall of text, so when you'll read these two links, come back and we could talk further. Thank you.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:10:18 AM

I bet you haven't opened the new Ardor testnet client and do not understand how it is different from Nxt.

As for Nxt doing only relatively better in price charts, with that I can somewhat agree. It can be argued that the new product isn't launched in mainnet, there is a lot of action ahead.

What's this interest now in pretending that Ardor is like a whole new creature? This is just an evolution of the very same project and, admitted by it's creators -as it should- designed to not only stand on it own but to render NXT obsolete in the very near future. The ONLY value NXT has now -accepting the resounding success of Ardor who no one doubts for, after all, it is... well NXT!- is that it represents 50% of IGNIS and, in present terms, it is the network support of Ardor. It doesn't matter how "different" it is from the current version of NXT, it IS NXT 2.0 or whatever else you want to call it, just like the 2018 Prius is the evolution of the previous years' model. It is the SAME project, by the SAME people, with the SAME community and the same target audience/consumers. I don't understand where is the motivation for that absurd pretension. It definitely doesn't add value to the project, so why? Or what is negative about stating what is not just evident but thoroughly admitted when the project was presented. This is not an acquisition. Or another project by a different team with entirely different technology. This is just the growing up and evolution of NXT. No more and definitely no less.

Baffling, really.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:20:55 AM

Growing up and evolution of Nxt sounds good to me, I'll take it.

That it is. Always was. Makes no sense whatsoever to pretend otherwise, as you guys are doing of late. It only adds to the confusion and confusion -to most people- is one of the major problems of this project: Too complicated.
lurker10

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:00:41 AM

That it is. Always was. Makes no sense whatsoever to pretend otherwise, as you guys are doing of late. It only adds to the confusion and confusion -to most people- is one of the major problems of this project: Too complicated.

There is nothing complicated.
Ardor can do ~35x more transactions than Nxt or Bitcoin, a) using about the same amount of resources, b) on a decentralized peer-to-peer network. This is as dumbed down as could be. No project has this in mainnet. Perhaps some do in testnet of which I am not aware?

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:30:08 AM

Ardor can do ~35x more transactions than Nxt or Bitcoin, a) using about the same amount of resources, b) on a decentralized peer-to-peer network. This is as dumbed down as could be. No project has this in mainnet. Perhaps some do in testnet of which I am not aware?

Can it do 35x more transactions than Ethereum?

martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:55:39 AM

How Ethereum is related to your concerns, that Ardor is only name change of Nxt. Don't see Lurker10 mentioned Ethereum in his post.

And again, did you read about Nxt and Ardor differences from the links I posted before?
lurker10

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:06:10 AM

More than 35x on the same hardware because Ethereum is less scalable than Nxt or Bitcoin.
Ethereum's blockchain is larger than Bitcoin's blockchain while Bitcoin has been around much longer.
Most Ethereum users don't run full nodes, which brings Ethereum much closer to centralized bank design with few dedicated clusters processing payments, users connecting to them with lite wallets or online wallets.
Obviously dedicated clusters can implement any sort of policy for transactions. If you don't run a full node, you must obey the rules of your payment provider.

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:37:14 AM

More than 35x on the same hardware because Ethereum is less scalable than Nxt or Bitcoin.
Ethereum's blockchain is larger than Bitcoin's blockchain while Bitcoin has been around much longer.
Most Ethereum users don't run full nodes, which brings Ethereum much closer to centralized bank design with few dedicated clusters processing payments, users connecting to them with lite wallets or online wallets.
Obviously dedicated clusters can implement any sort of policy for transactions. If you don't run a full node, you must obey the rules of your payment provider.

Very interesting conversation. Thanks Smiley
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:57:15 PM

How Ethereum is related to your concerns, that Ardor is only name change of Nxt. Don't see Lurker10 mentioned Ethereum in his post.

And again, did you read about Nxt and Ardor differences from the links I posted before?

I had read them before. And the differences make no difference to the fact that ARDR is (will be) an evolution of NXT designed to render NXT itself obsolete very quickly (the team has also been very clear about the fact that development will stop gradually after Ardor is out, so I keep not understanding your pretension they are two separate projects).

Ethereum is related to "my concerns" because "lurker10" is saying NXT is more capable and faster than BTC and others but did not mention what has become the reigning prince of the crypto world (where most of the new money is going). It doesn't represent a concern to me the fact that Ardor is just the new name of NXT, it is a fact. One that bears no implications either negative or positive, it just is.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:12:50 PM

That is a very bold statement... with dubious base. At best. In any case, I am not knowledgeable enough to dispute it so I won't. It's also very vague ("most users don't run full nodes...") As for "dedicated clusters", are not those things actual, effective child chains? It certainly sound very, very similar.

Regardless, a comparison with Ethereum, on any level, is neither real nor productive here for Ethereum is in another stratosphere and with development growing exponentially -as well as adoption through the world-  while NXT/Ardor is really not growing either it's distribution, market cap or actual use, regardless what the tech is. NXT/Ardor would be at #19 in market cap, light years below #2 ETH, so comparisons are absurd.
lurker10

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:30:38 PM

I am not knowledgeable enough to dispute it so I won't.

I figured that out, you're a speculator. You don't install and test wallets to see for yourself.

san2ok

Activity: 638
Merit: 254

Supporter of DGB, XEM

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:12:31 PM

I'd recommend you start from reading this: https://www.jelurida.com/ardor-nxt-feature-comparison and this https://www.jelurida.com/ardor-blockchain-platform-design

It's not a wall of text, so when you'll read these two links, come back and we could talk further. Thank you.
nice one, lovely ardor and ignis,
when later NXT have their own devm apart from ardor

will NXT Foundation still be a NXT Foundation?
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:14:32 PM

I figured that out, you're a speculator. You don't install and test wallets to see for yourself.

And he don't read or do not understand how Ardor will be different to Nxt Smiley Troll confirmed, don't waste a time with him Smiley
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:25:27 PM

I'm a speculator of course. But I do install and test wallets, wanna send some to corroborate? What does that have to do with the matters at hand and with the fact that NXT/Ardor is a very small side show market valuewise with respect to Ethereum?

As thing are NXT is just a meaningless anecdote compared to the the Ethereum universe. To even pretend that NXT or any evolution of it, will be superior in any way is just absurd lip service impossible to corroborate for the sheer volume of transactions in one network and the other are light years apart.

But I am not here t sing the hallelujahs of Ethereum, but to state the limitations of Nxt/ardor... beyond it's technology, that I accept as valid and viable. The problem is adoption. And the fact is that unfortunately, it remains stagnant, even in this golden era of fiat investment in the crypto world, so pretending the tech is superior, which is arguable at best, bears no relevance to that fact.
san2ok

Activity: 638
Merit: 254

Supporter of DGB, XEM

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:09:51 AM

I'm a speculator of course. But I do install and test wallets, wanna send some to corroborate? What does that have to do with the matters at hand and with the fact that NXT/Ardor is a very small side show market valuewise with respect to Ethereum?

As thing are NXT is just a meaningless anecdote compared to the the Ethereum universe. To even pretend that NXT or any evolution of it, will be superior in any way is just absurd lip service impossible to corroborate for the sheer volume of transactions in one network and the other are light years apart.

But I am not here t sing the hallelujahs of Ethereum, but to state the limitations of Nxt/ardor... beyond it's technology, that I accept as valid and viable. The problem is adoption. And the fact is that unfortunately, it remains stagnant, even in this golden era of fiat investment in the crypto world, so pretending the tech is superior, which is arguable at best, bears no relevance to that fact.

NXT is proven technology and stable already for YEARS, almost never had problems, the originator of POS and shuffle, and many features,
most of their roadmap is completed (of which all its ideas being followed by all the others AGAIN)

the founder didn't greedy to take as many bitcoin he could do if compared to all the other ICO, because when it reach 21btc it's stopped(none of us understand why he do that), at that time all the other ico takes 7000 or more bitcoins.

what do you expect 21btc could do in terms of marketing? (it was 1btc = 200usd before)
and look... with that funding it proofs NXT still alive and kicking, and be respected, be  the most copied coins by many other projects (they tweak and rebrand NXT)
this also raise questions to all the others with huge fundings, seems lots of money never the solutions? NXT do have very committed developers
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:48:39 AM

i have a hallmarked node. where can i check if i already earned a reward. i did not receive a single one of this special reward coin and want to know why.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:00:45 AM

NXT is proven technology and stable already for YEARS, almost never had problems, the originator of POS and shuffle, and many features,
most of their roadmap is completed (of which all its ideas being followed by all the others AGAIN)

the founder didn't greedy to take as many bitcoin he could do if compared to all the other ICO, because when it reach 21btc it's stopped(none of us understand why he do that), at that time all the other ico takes 7000 or more bitcoins.

what do you expect 21btc could do in terms of marketing? (it was 1btc = 200usd before)
and look... with that funding it proofs NXT still alive and kicking, and be respected, be  the most copied coins by many other projects (they tweak and rebrand NXT)
this also raise questions to all the others with huge fundings, seems lots of money never the solutions? NXT do have very committed developers

You have a couple of things wrong: The people developing this project not only own millions (many) of NXT but tens of millions of ARDR. Money is NOT a problem, they have it by the boatloads.

Which projects copy NXT, specifically? Give names. I think you have that quite wrong also.

And a bit of history: In the beginning, no one wanted NXT (too complicated). Afterwards, many people appreciated the tech in it, the ability to handle an exchange where anything could be exchanged. And all those people -me included- bought into it in spite of the fact that only like 70 people owned more than 90% of the project. More recently, they got even greedier -but in a very smart way- and doubled their money with this smart scheme that is naming the next version of NXT Ardor and giving themselves -and the other owners- the tokens for free while bringing them to the market... guess what, it worked. Chapeau. They doubled their money overnight. Problem is that the project remains a "cult" one, kind of thing: Converts like it a lot (with good reasons) but the rest of crypto -and much more the general population-, consider (those rare ones that have even heard of it) a small sideshow that will never be implemented in the real world where blockchains have become a household name attached, mainly, to Ethereum. Which is being implemented in hundreds and hundreds of real world projects -as well as thousands of crypto ones- as we speak. The inability of the team to sell their tech to the real world is evident.

As for "never the solutions" what "solutions" that NXT have are you talking about, that are not fully implemented in, for instance, ETH, DASH or even LISK?
Pages: « 1 ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 [437] 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: