Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:23:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940978 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tomwest

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:44:01 AM

nxt is one of the most technological stuff i ever saw. just hodl till q3

CHIMAERA TWITTER | TELEGRAM | SLACK | THREAD | WHITE PAPER
| TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM | DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES |
ICO PRE-SALE STARTS 23 OCTOBER @ 2PM UTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EmoneyRu

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:01:00 AM

NSC payouts #40.

minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:25:42 AM

FYI, newcomers!
Did you know you can mine NXT (and buy Ardor with it on the Nxt Asset Exchange!) in the Lucky node project?
Computational and bandwidth requirements are very low - some users run it on a Raspberry Pi.
Run the node 24/7 or as often as you can while you work or play.
Join in with the over 100 nodes that are already in the project.

Can you please send me a message on how to mine nxt? I just bought arounf 4btc of NXT now, I think its good project, I hope I m not wrong investing on this coin. Hehe,
But can you please send me detailed process on the mining process. Thanks, Im not that tech savvy, thats why. If it will have any inconvenience to you, dont do. Smiley
lurker10

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 03:45:01 PM

FYI, newcomers!
Did you know you can mine NXT (and buy Ardor with it on the Nxt Asset Exchange!) in the Lucky node project?
Computational and bandwidth requirements are very low - some users run it on a Raspberry Pi.
Run the node 24/7 or as often as you can while you work or play.
Join in with the over 100 nodes that are already in the project.

Can you please send me a message on how to mine nxt? I just bought arounf 4btc of NXT now, I think its good project, I hope I m not wrong investing on this coin. Hehe,
But can you please send me detailed process on the mining process. Thanks, Im not that tech savvy, thats why. If it will have any inconvenience to you, dont do. Smiley

First you need to learn to run a full node.
Download and install the Nxt client from https://nxt.org/download
Sync the blockchain.

When you got that part covered, follow the link https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=11514.msg221136#msg221136
This isn't real mining like in Bitcoin, but Nxt node operators are rewarded nonetheless by one generous whale Megalodon.

ThomasVeil

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:12:43 PM

Is it worth mining NXT? I already invested some bitcoins on this but Its just staying on the exchange? I want to know if its worth it running a node here to mine this coin. Or just better hold it.

If you "just hold it" you might as well forge. If you have a good bit of NXT, then you can get some additional ones - and with the lotteries it adds up.
All it takes is to run a node. I run one on a cloud server, which costs just 3 euro a month. Next to updating occasionally, there is to no maintenance necessary.
More nodes, and more stake doing the forging also helps make NXT secure - so protects your investment.

Alternatively you can lease your funds to a forging pool. Again, that supports the network by raising the staking Nxt.
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:36:40 PM

About the distribution of Ignis, do someone know about the mechanics of it? I'm trying to find it but I cant see it, can someone send me where to find it? Thanks.
brightlight
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:53:20 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2017, 09:13:12 PM by brightlight

Hi all,

The IGNIS distribution model looks like a scam against investors and the NXT subreddit looks like to be full of pumper and dumpers, and haters in general. The whole situation is very sad.

Long story short, NXT developers knew in advance both IGNIS and ARDOR distributions models, which are based on NXT holdings in a period of developers choice, and could have exploited heavily this knowledge by buying NXT before the public could even know about any IGNIS distribution detail (developer's discussions are not public), and then profiting on the pump which came after the announcement. The NXT price chart indeed reflects the most typical pump-and-dump scheme, where after the ARDOR and IGNIS announcements have been made, a 10X increase happens, for then fading out quickly, with dumpers dumping on investors. Moreover, there are not third parties checking NXT developers statements, and it is not clear if the release of IGNIS (or ARDOR for the matter) was necessary. They are justified for "introducing new features", but for the majority of cryptos new features are introduced with soft forks, rather than duplicating coins (chart: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_nxt).

I am trying to make my concerns heard on the NXT subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/NXT/comments/6hazwj/serious_concern_about_devs_credibility/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/NXT/comments/6gzedp/scamshots/) but I keep getting accused of spreading FUD and they keep reassuring me that developers did not do anything bad. I do not have evidence of any wrongdoing, but the crypto space is full of scammers and being skeptical is very healthy. Moreover, the subreddit is full of "buy buy buy" people.

The whole situation should be clarified for creating a safer crypto environment.

I need help.

And now please explain me ETC-ETH story! Wasn't that duplication? Scam? Look at ETH cap now! ETC looks like on the edge of break out  to new heights.

NXT is one of the most advanced cryptos since early alt coins birth time. I can't believe how a lot of abandoned shtcoins are pumped to madness, but NXT stays at low cap relatively.

Every developer does his job according to their point of view. Someone prepares soft forks, someone hard forks, another one does transition to next gen like NXT.

There will always be haters, but this project is amazing. And undervalued... When people scream about scam, look around, look at Polo top traded coins, for example. All of those are fair? Decentralised? Don't make me laugh! Everything is manipulated, every news-hype cycle is organised, prepared for pumps. I just repeat what is obvious.
RonMank

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:48:38 AM

OP or Community Managers

Can you add Coin Market Apps for supporting NXT on your thread?

Its a mobile app for the community to track down news and content about NXT

Available on the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=coin.market.app.com

Community this is a very useful app - has anyone tried it yet?

I would recommend it if you are not constantly following news about NXT and every other Coin that you are invested in like BTC, ETH, etc... it puts a focus on the NXT resources and news in the palm of your hands

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:52:52 AM

Hi all,

The IGNIS distribution model looks like a scam against investors and the NXT subreddit looks like to be full of pumper and dumpers, and haters in general. The whole situation is very sad.

Long story short, NXT developers knew in advance both IGNIS and ARDOR distributions models, which are based on NXT holdings in a period of developers choice, and could have exploited heavily this knowledge by buying NXT before the public could even know about any IGNIS distribution detail (developer's discussions are not public), and then profiting on the pump which came after the announcement. The NXT price chart indeed reflects the most typical pump-and-dump scheme, where after the ARDOR and IGNIS announcements have been made, a 10X increase happens, for then fading out quickly, with dumpers dumping on investors. Moreover, there are not third parties checking NXT developers statements, and it is not clear if the release of IGNIS (or ARDOR for the matter) was necessary. They are justified for "introducing new features", but for the majority of cryptos new features are introduced with soft forks, rather than duplicating coins (chart: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_nxt).

I am trying to make my concerns heard on the NXT subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/NXT/comments/6hazwj/serious_concern_about_devs_credibility/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/NXT/comments/6gzedp/scamshots/) but I keep getting accused of spreading FUD and they keep reassuring me that developers did not do anything bad. I do not have evidence of any wrongdoing, but the crypto space is full of scammers and being skeptical is very healthy. Moreover, the subreddit is full of "buy buy buy" people.

The whole situation should be clarified for creating a safer crypto environment.

I need help.

And now please explain me ETC-ETH story! Wasn't that duplication? Scam? Look at ETH cap now! ETC looks like on the edge of break out  to new heights.

NXT is one of the most advanced cryptos since early alt coins birth time. I can't believe how a lot of abandoned shtcoins are pumped to madness, but NXT stays at low cap relatively.

Every developer does his job according to their point of view. Someone prepares soft forks, someone hard forks, another one does transition to next gen like NXT.

There will always be haters, but this project is amazing. And undervalued... When people scream about scam, look around, look at Polo top traded coins, for example. All of those are fair? Decentralised? Don't make me laugh! Everything is manipulated, every news-hype cycle is organised, prepared for pumps. I just repeat what is obvious.

I have not read the word "scam" associated with this project in ages, so I don't know what you are talking about in that regard.

Scheme is a different word with a very different meaning. And the creation of ARDOR is just that, an scheme to bring more value to the project for no reason whatsoever. Perhaps the implementation of NXT 2.0 would have had the exact same effect, no one will ever know. But the problem here is actually 2: The first one, from the start, the uneven distribution of the coin, something that has and will taint the project forever. The second one is yet another scheme consisting nothing less than in getting the supporters of the decentralized network (Next 1.0) to engage and support Next 2.0, which is CENTRALIZED and private. Is that an scam? you be the judge. It is indeed a very smart scheme to take NXT holders to the cleaners (or pay them exceptionally little) for making it all possible.

Another thing: NXT 1.0 is very inferior to other projects already successfully implemented and many on way to implimentation. Nxt 2.0 will take care of some -not all- of those deficiencies, but playing catch up, not leadership.

For all the above mentioned reasons, the current valuation of NXT/ARDR is as absurdly high as it can be.... especially considering the upcoming first baby (err, sorry, "child", IGNIS) which, again, is a centralized, totally private property entirely supported and made possible by the current network of NXT holders (and future holders of ARDOR). But since the entire alt-world has gone bananes valuation-wise of late, who's counting, right? As long as someone, especially if it is someone "legendary" in BT, says things like "most advanced" (blatant lie) or "undervalued".

Surreal.
lurker10

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:30:47 AM

FUD is one of the signs, among other things, that can be relied upon to estimate the project is doing good.

Keep on, FUDsters, Nxt loves you Smiley

brightlight
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:18:03 AM

Hi all,

I need help.

I have not read the word "scam" associated with this project in ages, so I don't know what you are talking about in that regard.

Scheme is a different word with a very different meaning. And the creation of ARDOR is just that, an scheme to bring more value to the project for no reason whatsoever. Perhaps the implementation of NXT 2.0 would have had the exact same effect, no one will ever know. But the problem here is actually 2: The first one, from the start, the uneven distribution of the coin, something that has and will taint the project forever. The second one is yet another scheme consisting nothing less than in getting the supporters of the decentralized network (Next 1.0) to engage and support Next 2.0, which is CENTRALIZED and private. Is that an scam? you be the judge. It is indeed a very smart scheme to take NXT holders to the cleaners (or pay them exceptionally little) for making it all possible.

Another thing: NXT 1.0 is very inferior to other projects already successfully implemented and many on way to implimentation. Nxt 2.0 will take care of some -not all- of those deficiencies, but playing catch up, not leadership.

For all the above mentioned reasons, the current valuation of NXT/ARDR is as absurdly high as it can be.... especially considering the upcoming first baby (err, sorry, "child", IGNIS) which, again, is a centralized, totally private property entirely supported and made possible by the current network of NXT holders (and future holders of ARDOR). But since the entire alt-world has gone bananes valuation-wise of late, who's counting, right? As long as someone, especially if it is someone "legendary" in BT, says things like "most advanced" (blatant lie) or "undervalued".

Surreal.

Oh, are you talking about decentrealised vs centralised? How about other big cap coins? Even distributed? Look at mentioned ETH, was it even distributed? If it was, you woudn't see such insane marketcap. Sigh.

And about "most advanced", you didn't catch meaning. It was most advanced back in early alt coins times. Still it offers great functionality.

And it is undervalued, as I said, relatively to other big cap coins.

What advanced functionality Litecoin offers? 2.6 billion cap, and, I guess, it won't stop.

Every crypto  today is overvalued, bitcoin included. In crypto there is absolute lack of projects, which are meant for real world businesses usage, where big outer-crypto money can flow in. Still speculation and whales games takes part, dominates.

People point to NXT issues in it's way, but look at ETH (yes, again). There was bug in code allowing hackers to crack DAO, that was disaster. And of course other smaller issues...

No matter of that ETH is almost at BTC cap. Crazy! Isn't it? Was it real demand from businesses, where ETH is used? Really, in few days such a demand?

Heavy marketing and centralisation brought ETH to the place, where it is (undeserved).

Don't tell me about decentralisation, it's just theoretical (technically) side of crypto. In real world things work otherwise. The more percentage is in hands of few people, the higher it will jump and be controlled. Easy equation!

ETH cap is surreal! But it's real.
Metros

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:44:17 PM

What are the benefits for a NXT coin holder?

Masternodes? annual commissions? something?
nonn069

Activity: 189

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:04:26 PM

Its NXT > ETH ?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
   25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
   TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
           ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
Kryptomaniac

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:49:24 PM

There's no longer any available time for this back and forth rhetoric.  It's all hyperspeed now.  Pumpers will Pump,  FUDsters Will Fud,Developers must Develop and thank God HODLRs will HODL.  No luxury is now available to Devs except for being Geniuses in their creativity.  Powerfully backed projects are now invading the space raising millions for development out the door.  Significant implementations must now take place for any project that wants to keep being relevant.

If your holding $NXT and you've decided to keep holding community support is now necessary.  The community must rise up against haters so that Devs can concentrate on development.  If you're a HODLR you have a reason why you are.  You have a self benefiting reason to express "the why" you're sticking to the project.  Let us rise against the haters and let's kick them out by shear brut force of thought and logic.  Now I'm not suggesting that the community remain not vigilant and hail everything that comes down the pike - we must remain objective!

No reason now why $NXT should not be $1.00 NOW, TODAY!
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:56:33 AM

There's no longer any available time for this back and forth rhetoric.  It's all hyperspeed now.  Pumpers will Pump,  FUDsters Will Fud,Developers must Develop and thank God HODLRs will HODL.  No luxury is now available to Devs except for being Geniuses in their creativity.  Powerfully backed projects are now invading the space raising millions for development out the door.  Significant implementations must now take place for any project that wants to keep being relevant.

If your holding $NXT and you've decided to keep holding community support is now necessary.  The community must rise up against haters so that Devs can concentrate on development.  If you're a HODLR you have a reason why you are.  You have a self benefiting reason to express "the why" you're sticking to the project.  Let us rise against the haters and let's kick them out by shear brut force of thought and logic.  Now I'm not suggesting that the community remain not vigilant and hail everything that comes down the pike - we must remain objective!

No reason now why $NXT should not be $1.00 NOW, TODAY!

yay, good perspective!
Yeah, nice rally-call.  Cool A CEO of NXT in the making  Tongue
Metros

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:41:50 AM

Is it worth mining NXT? I already invested some bitcoins on this but Its just staying on the exchange? I want to know if its worth it running a node here to mine this coin. Or just better hold it.

If you "just hold it" you might as well forge. If you have a good bit of NXT, then you can get some additional ones - and with the lotteries it adds up.
All it takes is to run a node. I run one on a cloud server, which costs just 3 euro a month. Next to updating occasionally, there is to no maintenance necessary.
More nodes, and more stake doing the forging also helps make NXT secure - so protects your investment.

Alternatively you can lease your funds to a forging pool. Again, that supports the network by raising the staking Nxt.

What is the min. coins for a node?

In order to lease i just keep them on my wallet and close the pc? Is there an annual fee?
Armando

Activity: 870
Merit: 500

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:37:55 AM

Better not keep your NXT or any other crypto at exchange if you don't plan trading it... check bter and otehrs, people lost billions already
ThomasVeil

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:17:59 PM

In order to lease i just keep them on my wallet and close the pc? Is there an annual fee?

Check the NXT forging Calculator for how much you can make. It notes there that 1000 NXT is the minimum to forge. 

For leasing all you have to do one lease-transaction with the wallet. There it gives you the option to choose for how long it will be leased. There is a maximum ... I think it's roughly 3 months.
Some pools give you the earnings that your stake made. Some give it to the NXT-foundation. It's all up to the pool. You could start looking for pools on the NXT forum I suppose.
Metros

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:19:14 PM

Check the NXT forging Calculator for how much you can make. It notes there that 1000 NXT is the minimum to forge. 

For leasing all you have to do one lease-transaction with the wallet. There it gives you the option to choose for how long it will be leased. There is a maximum ... I think it's roughly 3 months.
Some pools give you the earnings that your stake made. Some give it to the NXT-foundation. It's all up to the pool. You could start looking for pools on the NXT forum I suppose.

Got it! thanks.

And I don't have to keep my wallet opened by mistake right lol
ThomasVeil

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:59:46 PM

Got it! thanks.

And I don't have to keep my wallet opened by mistake right lol

No, you don't have to keep the wallet open. For leasing you just make one transaction.
When you are forging yourself, then you have to login - start the forging process and keep the software running. The wallet itself is closed.   

If you have a lot of NXT you could get a cloud server and run the Nxt-software there. It's a bit advanced, but doable for anyone a bit handy with tech.
Pages: « 1 ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: