Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:01:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years?  (Read 320307 times)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:22:50 PM

Idk about that crapcoin called Bitcoin, but you need a million DigiBytes.

What exactly is a Digibyte? Care to explain it to me?
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:36:33 PM

Idk about that crapcoin called Bitcoin, but you need a million DigiBytes.

What exactly is a Digibyte? Care to explain it to me?

An altcoin.

http://www.digibyte.co/

Has decent features. I mined a decent amount back in the day and still holding them.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:32:25 PM

Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?
It seems that if you want to invest in the long term not to bitcoin . Grin
The 20-year long period of time , and may momentarily bitcoin will die .
But if you want to try 3-5btc I feel good  Smiley

Bitcoin is not going to die in 20 years. Stop dreaming about "bitcoin killers". Bitcoin's network is here to stay, look at the facts. So calm down about bitcoin dying or not, bitcoin is THE crypto reserve.
D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:06:31 PM

3  .. The same as the amount of licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll lollipop.  Just because the Owl said so.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
rikfredsy

Activity: 256

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:36:49 PM

Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?
It might be much in 20 years price can't ever jump to more than 10,000$ because you know how fee take in each transaction
thats why no one will send 10 $ and cost him in fees 4 $ . so u can now store 20 bitcoins and you will be very rich in 20 years

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:41:00 PM

It might be much in 20 years price can't ever jump to more than 10,000$ because you know how fee take in each transaction
thats why no one will send 10 $ and cost him in fees 4 $ . so u can now store 20 bitcoins and you will be very rich in 20 years
Well, back in the day no one expected the price to reach 1k barely 3 years after release. So another bubble can happen, way higher than we can even imagine.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:59:02 AM

buy bitcoins as much as you can .. no one knows if bitcoin will still be used in the future or it will be a thousand or million of dollars worth..

Yeah, you can Provided that you know what you are doing. Taking a loan to buy bitcoin may not be the right approach unless you are willing to take the risk. Nobody can correctly predict the direction of the market, so you might actually ended up putting yourself in a difficult situation. Always buy with the money you can afford to lose

futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:54:36 PM

10,000 bitcoins. Not because bitcoins aren't valuable, but because you want to retire as a USD billionaire (in the present value of USD) Smiley
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:34:05 PM

buy bitcoins as much as you can .. no one knows if bitcoin will still be used in the future or it will be a thousand or million of dollars worth..

Yeah, you can Provided that you know what you are doing. Taking a loan to buy bitcoin may not be the right approach unless you are willing to take the risk. Nobody can correctly predict the direction of the market, so you might actually ended up putting yourself in a difficult situation. Always buy with the money you can afford to lose

I remember in late 2013 quite a few people talking about taking out loans to buy it. A classic sign of things about to go tits up. One guy was going to borrow a million from his father. If that did happen, I assume he got his botty spanked.

Everything may be alright in the end, but you'd still be a silly sausage to take the risk.
specgamer

Activity: 252

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:41:43 PM

Buy as much as you can, invest them when bitcoin goes up, and you'll be fine. I have a feeling because USD is so good right now, that might be a good thing for BTC. So I would consider changing them for USD before it drops. That's just my opinion.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Mewtwo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ROAD TO HEAVEN...

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:11:56 AM

Buy as much as you can, invest them when bitcoin goes up, and you'll be fine. I have a feeling because USD is so good right now, that might be a good thing for BTC. So I would consider changing them for USD before it drops. That's just my opinion.
But bit coin  prices are very unstable. You should only invest money that doesn't bother your primary financial

M28MmickT

Activity: 433

BTG CEO

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:16:11 AM

I remember in late 2013 quite a few people talking about taking out loans to buy it. A classic sign of things about to go tits up. One guy was going to borrow a million from his father. If that did happen, I assume he got his botty spanked.

Everything may be alright in the end, but you'd still be a silly sausage to take the risk.

Thanks for the laugh dude, that son would have had a good spanking talking him into loaning him that amount to add to the pump  Shocked

Terrible luck for the son if he did though would hate to be him lol

To get on subject i would say if you live in a fairly cheap part of the world 100-200 maybe enough for you to retire, where i am i think i will need at least 1000-2000

jeffhuys

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:47:05 AM

10,000 bitcoins. Not because bitcoins aren't valuable, but because you want to retire as a USD billionaire (in the present value of USD) Smiley

Exactly! Aim high and shoot for the stars. Fuck the moon, we'll be at mars in twenty years! That's why I'm hodling all my coins. Cashing out is saying you don't believe in bitcoin. You'll have to pry my triple-encrypted-USB stick from my cold, dead hands.

BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:01:46 PM

Exactly! Aim high and shoot for the stars. Fuck the moon, we'll be at mars in twenty years! That's why I'm hodling all my coins. Cashing out is saying you don't believe in bitcoin. You'll have to pry my triple-encrypted-USB stick from my cold, dead hands.

It is better to use some of your coins so that BTC is adopted well.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:12:01 PM

You dont need to be a billonaire to retire, therefore anything from 10 to 20 will be enough to make a couple millions in a decade or two.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:50:47 AM

as much as you can get.. it would be useless if you want a lot of bitcoin but it's just a fantasy
better had a little bitcoin but real Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
vrm86

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:20:55 AM

This thread is just simply speculation about BTC price in x years.

As I am still <30 and have time and will I am carefully long term trading my bitcoins. Main advantage of this is that I am in touch with market so I won't let my savings to significantly drop in value. Of course my target is to earn on my trades so I assume that I will gain more and more btc not only from converting fiat. And one day I'll put part of my savings into cold storage away from exchanges Wink

micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:32:00 AM

I would get at least 10 Bitcoins to be on the safe side. However, i will buy these bitcoins from money that i can afford to lose. My retirement fund will be growing separately (retirement fund consists of blue chip stocks, Gold, Silver, Fixed deposits, Real Estate etc.,). I purchase Btc off the remains and earmark a small amount toward bitcoin each month in my entertainment fund. This way, even if BTC crashes, i am still protected as i would not have lost everything i have and my retirement fund would still remain intact. I am not a bear when it comes to bitcoin, but its better to be safe than sorry!  Grin

I wish that bitcoin rises high, so my retirement fund will be like pocket change for me!  Grin

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:06:03 AM

I would get at least 10 Bitcoins to be on the safe side. However, i will buy these bitcoins from money that i can afford to lose. My retirement fund will be growing separately (retirement fund consists of blue chip stocks, Gold, Silver, Fixed deposits, Real Estate etc.,). I purchase Btc off the remains and earmark a small amount toward bitcoin each month in my entertainment fund. This way, even if BTC crashes, i am still protected as i would not have lost everything i have and my retirement fund would still remain intact. I am not a bear when it comes to bitcoin, but its better to be safe than sorry!  Grin

I wish that bitcoin rises high, so my retirement fund will be like pocket change for me!  Grin

You're doing it completely right.You diversify your risk. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. I also believe in BTC and hope it will have a bright and succesful future. But for not ruin yourself everyone should really only invest what he can afford to lose.
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:19:03 AM

You're doing it completely right.You diversify your risk. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. I also believe in BTC and hope it will have a bright and succesful future. But for not ruin yourself everyone should really only invest what he can afford to lose.

Thank you! I believe this is how people should invest in Bitcoin. I have heard of people who invested their life savings to buy bitcoin when it was going great guns and bought in at $900 odd. Now they cry that they have lost everything, it is pretty sad, but then again...they did it with their own hands! Why would you invest your life savings into something that looked like a bubble? The answer is simple, greed! If you are greedy, you will end up losing. I have been greedy when gambling and lost quite a bit. The key is to curb the feelings of greed, this is very difficult to do and requires discipline... if you don't start inculcating discipline now, you will always end up the loser. My 2 satoshi. Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: