Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:24:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years?  (Read 320306 times)
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:29:58 AM

Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

I think the more you buy bitcoins, the better. But since you said , not so much money is required as to buy yachts aand mansions buying just three to four bitcoins is enough since in 20 years bitcoins' value will shoot up to the sky. The chances are of you becoming a millionaire with just four to five , dude! If you have financial stability now, I think you should go for it.

I would also advise you to read more about bitcoin, learn more about how things can go wrong and how positive things can be, analyze if you are ready for such a commitment and will you hold or not. When you completely believe in your investment, invest only the amount which you can afford to lose and not have a direct impact on your routine lifestyle.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:33:14 AM

To be safe, get two Bitcoins.

Exactly , you would need not much bitcoins to secure a comfortable or even luxurious living......in about 20 YEARS.
 You will be rich as fuck if you buy  10 bitcoins and save it until 20 years I guarantee. But you have to be that patient . I hope you will make it . Good luck.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:09:21 PM

I think that in 20 years, there will be nothing name "bitcoin" itself. I think the technology and concept will continue to grow and expand until we have something that can fix the current flaws that bitcoin has. This could go on to be further supported by governments, and thus be more widely accepted in a modern world.

But just in case I'm wrong, I'm going to keep a few bitcoins on me just in case, as a Retirement Plan B Wink

It's quite that possible Bitcoin itself will still be out in front but it won't in any way resemble what we think of as BTC now.

It'll allow you to take your antique coins and spend them but the current mining and wallet systems will look pathetically quaint.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:39:56 PM

To be safe, get two Bitcoins.

You will be rich as fuck if you buy  10 bitcoins and save it until 20 years I guarantee.

Can you? There is absolutely no way to guarantee what could happen in the next 20 years if you are not having direct control over that action. A lot of things can go wrong, people don't adopt bitcoin and rather lose faith in bitcoin, the bitcoin scams increase or worst, a huge hack takes place which takes away most of the bitcoins from half the bitcoin holders. You still think that you can guarantee to just be rich by buying bitcoins?
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:46:51 AM

Maybe invest on LTC could be good idea too.....

i will invest in ltc maybe in some other coin too but like always 50% keep in btc 25% invest in something and 25% i withdraw

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:26:55 PM

i will invest in ltc maybe in some other coin too but like always 50% keep in btc 25% invest in something and 25% i withdraw

What do you think about LTC especially for it progress in 5 years maybe, i would stored 10 LTC i think the price will be up because its have own market and have big comunity like bitcoin and dogecoin,beside to stored  bitcoin i think litecoin is a best way to
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:01:17 PM

What do you think about LTC especially for it progress in 5 years maybe, i would stored 10 LTC i think the price will be up because its have own market and have big comunity like bitcoin and dogecoin,beside to stored  bitcoin i think litecoin is a best way to

LTC is an altcoin, just like other coins like dogecoin. Altcoins wouldn't exist if bitcoins won't exist. In the long term you know bitcoin will always have an upper hand and more chances of acceptance and adoption in the future so other altcoins are just trading pump and dump coins which can be used to make quick money out of.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:25:44 AM

What do you think about LTC especially for it progress in 5 years maybe, i would stored 10 LTC i think the price will be up because its have own market and have big comunity like bitcoin and dogecoin,beside to stored  bitcoin i think litecoin is a best way to

LTC is an altcoin, just like other coins like dogecoin. Altcoins wouldn't exist if bitcoins won't exist. In the long term you know bitcoin will always have an upper hand and more chances of acceptance and adoption in the future so other altcoins are just trading pump and dump coins which can be used to make quick money out of.

But altcoin like LTC or dash have a great future too, the price is increasing too. Both of them are not pump and dump too, you will get a good amount if you invest in it. IMO old altcoin is better compare to new altcoin, and a new altcoin is just pump and dump coins because they just make it only for miners not really want to get it big
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:29:20 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 02:51:41 PM by Amph

But altcoin like LTC or dash have a great future too, the price is increasing too. Both of them are not pump and dump too, you will get a good amount if you invest in it. IMO old altcoin is better compare to new altcoin, and a new altcoin is just pump and dump coins because they just make it only for miners not really want to get it big

maybe monero is a better candidate because it actually offer something, besides being a pure clone, litcoin only offer what? its name that's all, strong name work sometime and that's the case, the same for doge which reflect a meme

what is sure, is that at least another coin will play side by side with bitcoin, i'm sure about that, especially when bitcoin will go mainstream and the regulation will be too fierce, people will start to use more obscured and unknown coins

like they are using bitcoin now instead of fiat
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 02:04:23 PM

maybe monero is a better candidate because it actually offer something, besides being a pure clone, litcoin only offer what? its name that's all, strong name work sometime and that's the case, the same for doge which reflect a meme

what is sure, is that at least another coin will play side by side with bitcoin, i'm sure about that, especially when bitcoin will go mainstream and the regulation will be to fierce, people will start to use more obscured and unknown coins

like they are using bitcoin now instead of fiat

Yes monero also good enough but when compare to volume of the trade I think LTC is far winning from them that will make LTC is fast in earning. See this http://coinmarketcap.com/. The different monero and LTC is so far in 24hours like around thousands percent. Dash and doge have a better volume than monero in 24 hours trading
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 03:13:27 PM

I think that in 20 years, there will be nothing name "bitcoin" itself. I think the technology and concept will continue to grow and expand until we have something that can fix the current flaws that bitcoin has. This could go on to be further supported by governments, and thus be more widely accepted in a modern world.

But just in case I'm wrong, I'm going to keep a few bitcoins on me just in case, as a Retirement Plan B Wink

Yeah let it make it short like say for next 5 years. I think 50 BTC would be great for next 5 years as you cannot wait for next 20 years as there would be many new currencies would enter the market and we don't know bitcoins will survive for next 20 years or not.
pigzone

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:20:01 PM

The best way and without any thinking is to just mine as many as you can you never know how many you'll be needing
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:54:56 PM

The best way and without any thinking is to just mine as many as you can you never know how many you'll be needing

You'd need a big ass pile of cash to start mining in a meaningful manner now. Those days are a pretty much gone for the little people.
mearylll

Activity: 315

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:49:44 PM

Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

I think the more you buy bitcoins, the better. But since you said , not so much money is required as to buy yachts aand mansions buying just three to four bitcoins is enough since in 20 years bitcoins' value will shoot up to the sky. The chances are of you becoming a millionaire with just four to five , dude! If you have financial stability now, I think you should go for it.

You cannot be so sure that the value of bitcoin will reach the sky there are also chances that it would get disappear totally. So trusting bitcoins blindly is not a great idea and we should keep it short term rather than thinking for next 20 years.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:08:53 PM

You'd need a big ass pile of cash to start mining in a meaningful manner now. Those days are a pretty much gone for the little people.

The only realistic way to make Bitcoin that involves mining is mining the right altcoin and selling at the right time. Namely, mining altcoin number "8393589" while its cheap and easy. Wait for the pump. Sell right at the top. Profit.
If you did this with some coins such as Darkcoin, Nautiluscoin, Doge, Monero... and tons other, you could have made tons and tons of money.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:57:04 PM

The only realistic way to make Bitcoin that involves mining is mining the right altcoin and selling at the right time. Namely, mining altcoin number "8393589" while its cheap and easy. Wait for the pump. Sell right at the top. Profit.
If you did this with some coins such as Darkcoin, Nautiluscoin, Doge, Monero... and tons other, you could have made tons and tons of money.
So what you're saying is, if you guessed the lottery numbers correctly week after week, you could've made tons and tons of money.

I agree.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:44:07 AM

So what you're saying is, if you guessed the lottery numbers correctly week after week, you could've made tons and tons of money.

I agree.

With good trading skills, mining and selling coins after studying charts and infographics and being updated about the market and what's happening to things which affect the market, however work it takes, it makes your guess more accurate so I think it can be referred more as a research cheat code rather than a gamble to know the right time to sell coins. I gotta admit though, its really fucking hard.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:58:38 PM

I agree.

With good trading skills, mining and selling coins after studying charts and infographics and being updated about the market and what's happening to things which affect the market, however work it takes, it makes your guess more accurate so I think it can be referred more as a research cheat code rather than a gamble to know the right time to sell coins. I gotta admit though, its really fucking hard.

It' isn't easy and it is very hit and miss but it is profitable and doable if you get more hits than misses. I am now growing my own digital currency after playing around with a lot of them and my Husband does the odd translation into Chinese for a bounty. So you could do some odd jobs needed for Coin Devs and get some payments and then convert to BTC.. You need a lot of patience and skills and due diligence as well.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:39:41 PM

some people think that everyone wins but not true in exchanges someone loses , that is up to someone else has to fall unfortunately do not have a method of all gain and rise, who some mining altcoins expects that it values ​​and can be become rich , only the bitcoin achieved this level , and only a few people drastically changed their lives while others lost their investments and mourn the fall of bitcoin .

On the value of bitcoin and my expectation that in the next five years to reach 500 dollars a realistic vision , a dreamy version , that is in 1000 dollars , on top of that just next 10 or 20 years will be able to show us the true value , and my dream that bitcoin is like gold , rare and precious , that all covet , so this will break records and will be able to be equated with gold and other material possessions
bitrev

Activity: 335

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 12:32:39 AM

BItcoin has stabilized at 200 USD. So calculate what you need and count the extra as a bonus.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: