Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:54:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years?  (Read 320306 times)
madonnino

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:01:39 AM

the supply and demand isnt affecting at the moment the price ,all days bitcoins changes hands ,the new users that get inside are very small yet but keep growing the number of new bitcoiners soo it can boom anytime soo around 500 bitcoins would make a good retirement on the next years

Who could know? maybe just a bitcoin, maybe 1000, the future is imprevedibile. you have to be confident

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:11:13 PM

the supply and demand isnt affecting at the moment the price ,all days bitcoins changes hands ,the new users that get inside are very small yet but keep growing the number of new bitcoiners soo it can boom anytime soo around 500 bitcoins would make a good retirement on the next years

Don't you think 500 bitcoins is too much. I mean don't look at the current value, imagine about the future value like may be 4k or $5k then 100 bitcoins would be enough at the retirement age. My goal is to have atleast 100 bitcoins and I m done.

I dont think so. 500 bitcoin is a good amount, because you can't predict the future. And for people who are bored to stay longer enough to face its peak I think 500 is good.

100bitcoin no matter how much price do you want and you are done from bitcoin? Dont make a wrong move dude, reconsidering it again when you hit 100 bitcoins  Grin
BitTlatoani

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:54:28 PM

Let us speculate in a positive way.

If Bitcoin were to replace all international trade and we divide it by available coins (say 20 million) then Bitcoin would be worth between 2 and 5 million dollars.
Now, let us be a bit more realistic, say Bitcoin catches 10% of international trade. That leaves 200k to 500k Bitcoin. Let's pick 200K Bitcoin and halve that for
whatever factors I'm not taking into consideration. That leaves $100,000 dollar Bitcoin.

Now, you may decide how many Bitcoins you will require for retirement.
Digitalmocking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:27:03 PM

Let us speculate in a positive way.

If Bitcoin were to replace all international trade and we divide it by available coins (say 20 million) then Bitcoin would be worth between 2 and 5 million dollars.
Now, let us be a bit more realistic, say Bitcoin catches 10% of international trade. That leaves 200k to 500k Bitcoin. Let's pick 200K Bitcoin and halve that for
whatever factors I'm not taking into consideration. That leaves $100,000 dollar Bitcoin.

Now, you may decide how many Bitcoins you will require for retirement.

Meanwhile, lets consider that unicorns and fairies are real!

Numbers like you're talking about would require entire countries to use BTC as their currency.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:05:42 PM

Don't you think 500 bitcoins is too much. I mean don't look at the current value, imagine about the future value like may be 4k or $5k then 100 bitcoins would be enough at the retirement age. My goal is to have atleast 100 bitcoins and I m done.

I dont think so. 500 bitcoin is a good amount, because you can't predict the future. And for people who are bored to stay longer enough to face its peak I think 500 is good.

100bitcoin no matter how much price do you want and you are done from bitcoin? Dont make a wrong move dude, reconsidering it again when you hit 100 bitcoins  Grin

Your are right but as we have studied in economic that human wants are unlimited, and that goes same even with the bitcoins, more you have more you want, and its an endless journey where you can never be satisfied irrespective of the amount of bitcoins you hold.
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:31:51 PM

Maybe invest on LTC could be good idea too.....

i will invest in ltc maybe in some other coin too but like always 50% keep in btc 25% invest in something and 25% i withdraw

It is a good strategy mauybe i will apply it too
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 11:40:16 PM

well 500 is a good ammount and will allow anyone to live well and with all it needs and maybe get a car , can travel ,soo even bitcoin worthing 500 or 2000 with 500 bitcoins we would be on the way to get a good life lol.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:50:06 AM

i will be happy with 100 in 20 years also the more the better but i will invest some in other coin this may be good but it may be bad also.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:55:29 AM

Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

Impossible to calculate I think. The price of bitcoin can be high or very high. But can stay the same or in those values on which is actually. Only this factor don't allow to calculate the amount you need for retirement. Maybe wanted 100 bitcoin with 10 000 us dollar one bitcoin as a price after 20 years or needed 4000 bitcoins with the today price for having the same situation. As you can see it's hard to predict.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:47:55 PM

Your are right but as we have studied in economic that human wants are unlimited, and that goes same even with the bitcoins, more you have more you want, and its an endless journey where you can never be satisfied irrespective of the amount of bitcoins you hold.

That is so true, even with 500 bitcoin I dont think people will satified, at least that number can let us life until we can see our grandchildren  Grin

i will be happy with 100 in 20 years also the more the better but i will invest some in other coin this may be good but it may be bad also.

Yes altcoin will sure end you up loss most of your coin or it will double triple your money, it is too much risk, if you have more than 100 bitcoin may be you can try it but if lower than that I dont think you try to use altcoin to get into your goal. For me I just want to get 100 bitcoin as fast as I can for now after that I will aim 500 for sure, just havent got a good and faster method to earn it
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:22:33 PM

You can't predict the future but you can have realistic expectations of it, and Bitcoin should be able to deliver big gains considering how things are moving. Andreas Antonopoulous is convinced that Western Union will get literally killed by Bitcoin, this alone should make you think.

Of course 500 BTC would be ideal, but who has the money to invest in 500 BTC? Certainly not me.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:56:42 PM

Who wouldn't be happy to have 100 Bitcoin at the moment and holding them for 20 years/
There are two option: Or you will lose them all or you will become rich.
That;s the choices lol. For me it would be perfect
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:14:44 PM

You can't predict the future but you can have realistic expectations of it, and Bitcoin should be able to deliver big gains considering how things are moving. Andreas Antonopoulous is convinced that Western Union will get literally killed by Bitcoin, this alone should make you think.

Of course 500 BTC would be ideal, but who has the money to invest in 500 BTC? Certainly not me.

this is why 500 is not ideal, it an amount too big for anyone that believe in bitcoin let alone for those that have a low trust on the future of bitcoin, from 10 to 100 might be a better target
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 08:17:42 PM

Yes, I agree. You should also have a fair distribution in mind. In the long run the rich people shouldn't have more than 50 bitcoin per person. Institutions maybe up to 1000.

But that is the point when human greed comes into play, and you can't blame anyone who tries to pile up as much as he can while a full bitcoin is still affordable - even for the poor.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 08:36:48 AM

Yes, I agree. You should also have a fair distribution in mind. In the long run the rich people shouldn't have more than 50 bitcoin per person. Institutions maybe up to 1000.

But that is the point when human greed comes into play, and you can't blame anyone who tries to pile up as much as he can while a full bitcoin is still affordable - even for the poor.

Fuck your wealth redistribution, every single market looks like 60% held by top 5%, and rest 40% held by 95%.

Its always like that, because the early folks are risk takers, and their risk taking is rewarded by alot of share %.

Your fucking communist idea to redistribute the stuff will descourage people taking risks, and everyone will become a crybaby 40 year olds in diapers.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 09:49:08 AM

this is why 500 is not ideal, it an amount too big for anyone that believe in bitcoin let alone for those that have a low trust on the future of bitcoin, from 10 to 100 might be a better target

If it was few year before then 500 Bitcoins could be easily to own.
AS the price was very cheap on that time.
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:03:25 AM

I think that to retire just thinking of it is a bit long term.
Try to think something else as you are young to retire
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:52:51 AM

If it was few year before then 500 Bitcoins could be easily to own.
AS the price was very cheap on that time.

well that's another story, i'm sure OP isn't an early adopter otherwise he would not have brought up this thread in the first place
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:55:08 AM

Has anyone found an exact number of the bitcoins, for this time i think it is a huge investment to invest in bitcoin and to think that you will be retire fast.
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 03:07:55 PM

Fuck your wealth redistribution, every single market looks like 60% held by top 5%, and rest 40% held by 95%.

Its always like that, because the early folks are risk takers, and their risk taking is rewarded by alot of share %.

Your fucking communist idea to redistribute the stuff will descourage people taking risks, and everyone will become a crybaby 40 year olds in diapers.

Wow, relax. Smiley I was thinking in really long term, let's say 50 years from now. I also described your risk taking part with my sentence about human greed, without saying anything bad about it. I am the least communist person that you can imagine. So, calm down and reread my post again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: