Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:31:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:56:15 PM

So for now it is not POA, but POFA? Huh
^Proof of Fake Activity^  Grin
Hence no one is keeping wallets open anymore.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nodeclub

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 03:28:26 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 03:56:00 AM by Nodeclub

So for now it is not POA, but POFA? Huh
^Proof of Fake Activity^  Grin

Grin
Do You know what is common between the activity on the forum and activity in bed? In both places it's impossible to simulate it long Grin
This rule also applies fully to Node. I've to say You have a wonderful sense of humor, but if you read the topic a little closer you would see that this issue was discussed a couple of pages back.

Hello.
Tell please, there is a way of mining NODE?

node is POA (proof of activity)

speaking of, i noticed every other block is being forged by the same account. how is this possible? does more computing power effect odds of generating a block?

We checked it out, everything is OК. The Wallet is very active in the use of the network - it makes many transactions and generates many blocks respectively. It is fair.

http://nodemoney.com:19775/#/explorer/transaction/8972433069625705159

Is it possible to fake activity by sending coins to your own multiple wallets etc... ? Seems kind of broken to me

From a mathematical point of view, it can be profitable only in the initial stage of network activity and capitalization when there is a distance between weighted average size of large and small transactions and market value isn't high. Financial liability for the transaction will increase inevitably in proportion to the growth of capitalization and network activity. In addition, even now there is enough around 15-20 small & middle transactions per hour to overlap this possibility.
In the future this possibility will disappear automatically with increasing of total number of transactions and a decreasing in the average transaction amount.

Node Dev Team
Nodeclub

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 03:41:24 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 03:53:56 AM by Nodeclub

Hence no one is keeping wallets open anymore.

Then it would be a big mistake, I have to say Smiley

Of course, excellence has no limits, but to date PoA algorithm has no alternative in terms of promoting the usage instead of promoting the crowdselling (PoW) or accumulation (PoS). This algorithm is the future - it will exist in improved form even in times when you'll forget the name of 90% of the existing coins Smiley

We are always working to improve the coefficients but the essence of PoA remains unchanged.

Node Dev Team
whitecloud

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 05:51:47 AM

PoA as a concept is ok.
The form that has should perhaps modified.
And what I said above - it seems to me to be a bug.

I'm at the block x
send 10000 nodes
block x + 1 is forged by someone else, which is normal - I made a transaction so I can not forge
I forged block x + 2, which is somewhat normal - my nodeheight is high
but
without having to make any transaction
I forged further - block x + 4, x + 6, x + 8, ... , which is abnormal - my nodeheight should reset and another with greater nodeheight was supposed to forging.
what's wrong here ? or I misunderstood the mechanism?
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:07:34 AM

Glad to see that 2 accounts can forge all blocks. that seems balanced and fair.
Nodeclub

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 10:19:54 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 12:42:13 PM by Nodeclub

PoA as a concept is ok.

I'm at the block x
send 10000 nodes
block x + 1 is forged by someone else, which is normal - I made a transaction so I can not forge
but
I forged further - block x + 4, x + 6, x + 8, ... , which is abnormal - my nodeheight should reset and another with greater nodeheight was supposed to forging.

Today's algorithm isn't reset it immediately - if the weight of your activity was much higher than the others than works principle of "waves" - the bigger stone thrown into the water, the greater ripple You will get. In the future, we will change the coefficients and probably we will remove this feature, but to improve algorithm we need 2 things: 1) unit collecting statistics we are currently developing, and 2) Your activity to collect representative statistics.

Node Dev Team
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:22:32 AM

NodeClub/RealSilk, if you wouldn't mind, please PM me the mathematics of the algo.

A while ago I was working on a similar but rather sophisticated project.  The idea of PoA is novel but, IMHO, can be easy to manipulate.  Of course, your take on the solution could have solved many of the problems that I discovered.  Regardless, I think I could make a few suggestions that could improve the algo if I had a reasonable understanding of the process.

I understand that you guys are wanting to stay quiet on the details for fear of copycats but check my account-- I'm well invested in NODE, so it's success is quite important to me.

Thank you.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
Nodeclub

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 11:55:49 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 12:37:40 PM by Nodeclub

NodeClub/RealSilk, if you wouldn't mind, please PM me the mathematics of the algo.

A while ago I was working on a similar but rather sophisticated project.  The idea of PoA is novel but, IMHO, can be easy to manipulate.  Of course, your take on the solution could have solved many of the problems that I discovered.  Regardless, I think I could make a few suggestions that could improve the algo if I had a reasonable understanding of the process.

I understand that you guys are wanting to stay quiet on the details for fear of copycats but check my account-- I'm well invested in NODE, so it's success is quite important to me.

Thank you.

I sent You PM.

As I said earlier, according to our calculations possibility of manipulation will disappear automatically with the growth of the network and capitalization.
If You send 10,000 (fee is 35) and gain highest PoA weight then You can get a profit only when the next block will be 35+1, - respectively, next transaction should be 10000+1. But it can be 10, 100 or even 1, - so then You get less than You give. In this case Your unnecessary transactions will bring You nothing but losses Smiley Now, on the initial stage of network forger's number is small and there is a high percentage of large transactions 490,000+ so You can get some profit sending money between own accounts, but the overall low level of capitalization will make it low.
So I repeat again: in the future this possibility will disappear automatically with increasing of total number of transactions and a decreasing in the average transaction amount. Even now there is enough around 15-20 small & middle transactions per hour to overlap this possibility.

In the February release we try to make the PoA coefficient as open and transparent as possible.

Node Dev Team
whitecloud

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:57:10 AM

PoA as a concept is ok.

I'm at the block x
send 10000 nodes
but

Today's algorithm isn't reset it immediately - if the weight of your activity was much higher than the others than working principle of "waves" - the bigger stone thrown into the water, the greater ripple You will get. In the future, we will change the coefficients and probably we will remove this feature, but to improve algorithm we need 2 things: 1) unit collecting statistics we are currently developing, and 2) Your activity to collect representative statistics.

interesting Smiley
bitdraw

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:00:16 PM

A while ago I was working on a similar but rather sophisticated project.  The idea of PoA is novel but, IMHO, can be easy to manipulate.  Of course, your take on the solution could have solved many of the problems that I discovered.  Regardless, I think I could make a few suggestions that could improve the algo if I had a reasonable understanding of the process.

Thank you.

I sent You PM.

The possibility of manipulation will automatically disappear with the growth of the network and capitalization. If You send 10,000 (fee is 35) and gain highest PoA weight then You can get a profit only when the next block will be 35+1, - respectively, next transaction should be 10000+1. But it can be 10, 100 or even 1, - so then You get less than You give. In this case Your unnecessary transactions will bring You nothing but losses Smiley Now, on the initial stage of network forger's number is small, and there is a high percentage of large transactions 490,000+ You can get some profit sending money between own accounts, but the overall low level of capitalization will make it low.
So I repeat again: in the future this possibility will disappear automatically with increasing of total number of transactions and a decreasing in the average transaction amount. Even now there is enough around 15-20 small & middle transactions per hour to overlap this possibility.

In the February release we try to make the PoA coefficient as open and transparent as possible.

one quick question. if i run my node for lets say 40 hours and i get a short disconnect, is all my poa power lost?
Nodeclub

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 12:03:54 PM

Thank you.

I sent You PM.

The possibility of manipulation will automatically disappear with the growth of the network and capitalization. If You send 10,000 (fee is 35) and gain highest PoA weight then You can get a profit only when the next block will be 35+1, - respectively, next transaction should be 10000+1. But it can be 10, 100 or even 1, - so then You get less than You give. In this case Your unnecessary transactions will bring You nothing but losses Smiley Now, on the initial stage of network forger's number is small, and there is a high percentage of large transactions 490,000+ You can get some profit sending money between own accounts, but the overall low level of capitalization will make it low.

one quick question. if i run my node for lets say 40 hours and i get a short disconnect, is all my poa power lost?

Right

Node Dev Team
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:56:14 PM

Thank you.

I sent You PM.

Right

Seriously hurts those that cannot run 24/7. this will not lead to more nodes but less. Therefor giving the Nodes that forge even less competition and more share of the forging process thereby defeating the goal of creating more nodes for security.

It may be too late but at first the POA should have been phased in a milestones. that would have assured a larger base in the initial launch. Well we live and learn through doing.

I'll spark up the wallet for a few days in a few weeks and see if I forge anything. But I am of the opinion that node increase will/is stagnated. The reward is not there.

As I recommended earlier What is needed is a random giveaway to nodes that have not forged. Also resetting age when wallet loses connectivity or is closed for the night is detrimental to the extreme.

Unless these issues are addressed this project is going to see a significant tapering off of supporters, It is inevitable.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
GreenDude

Activity: 531

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:04:11 PM

I agree with the fact that losing connection should not make a node lose their points. For example i cannot be 24h with node running but i can open it everyday let's say 12-15 hours. And i wont if i know that is gonna be useless because with those hours i wont be able to forge because of obvious reasons.

Another point is that as a payment system I really don't care about forging.. I really need it for paying and moving money and doing conversion from usd to eur and viceversa. I really don't care earning thx to the forging mechanism.. but that is my case. Other people who want to live or have a plus from forging will find much more encouraging to not have to face a reset everytime they lose connection. I think this is not difficult to achieve to save those points some way for next connection.
Nodeclub

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 06:18:15 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 06:46:40 PM by Nodeclub

We are still in an early beta and we haven't even started an advertising campaign and you're already talking about stagnation or loss of supporters Smiley The current users of a Node is pioneers, "salt of the earth", may be the most advanced part of cryptocommunity who versed in crypto technology and its evolution and who is able to see a few steps ahead. We build long-term system, it's not a lottery and not MLM, it's a global payment system with a certain niche in the market of money transfers.
In 2013 customers paid $ 260 billion as comission for credit card transactions. Currency exchange market has a volume $ 5 trillion per day (for comparison, the market USD/BTC is still very small - only $ 10 million (or 500,000 times less). If we will get 1-2% of that market during next couple of years it will be a good start for us.

So now you have the opportunity to support the system and get a reward at the initial stage. In the future "time forging" for network support will be available only for Master Nodes - everybody can run it, but the requirements for the connection and server will be high - 24/7 high speed connection and 10,000+ open ports. The rest will receive bonuses only for the usage of network for its intended purpose - as a payment system.

Node Dev Team
pantheist

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:23:56 PM

I agree with the fact that losing connection should not make a node lose their points. For example i cannot be 24h with node running but i can open it everyday let's say 12-15 hours. And i wont if i know that is gonna be useless because with those hours i wont be able to forge because of obvious reasons.

If it cut points significantly (say, reduced to the cube root or something) on each forge then it wouldn't be much of an issue since people on for very long would regularly be having their points reduced too. Just looking at the last couple pages though it doesn't sound like that's what's happening.
whitecloud

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:13:48 PM

We are still in an early beta and we haven't even started an advertising campaign and you're already talking about stagnation or loss of supporters Smiley The current users of a Node is pioneers, "salt of the earth", may be the most advanced part of cryptocommunity who versed in crypto technology and its evolution and who is able to see a few steps ahead. We build long-term system, it's not a lottery and not MLM, it's a global payment system with a certain niche in the market of money transfers.
In 2013 customers paid $ 260 billion as comission for credit card transactions. Currency exchange market has a volume $ 5 trillion per day (for comparison, the market USD/BTC is still very small - only $ 10 million (or 500,000 times less). If we will get 1-2% of that market during next couple of years it will be a good start for us.

So now you have the opportunity to support the system and get a reward at the initial stage. In the future "time forging" for network support will be available only for Master Nodes - everybody can run it, but the requirements for the connection and server will be high - 24/7 high speed connection and 10,000+ open ports. The rest will receive bonuses only for the usage of network for its intended purpose - as a payment system.

I like the vision!
Think big!  Cool
GreenDude

Activity: 531

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:43:41 PM

That's why I have my NODE's without worrying about forging or current price. I know this is gonna grow 10-20-50-100X easily. I should worry about forging because at some point what now seems little is gonna be worth much more but my time is limited and I cant be really much online.
I dont see a problem at all about this current way to trick poa and get some NODE's. Because this is only possible because is still beta and there is not many transactions. Actually if i wanna cut this i can make automated micro transactions and ruin this trick to people using it.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:08:38 PM

Not to be a downer but, This is not the only currency trying to fill that niche and if there is ZERO incentive to support the network then it will not happen. I support many networks and have to prioritize those. This has fallen off my support list and will stay there unless I see a light at the end of the tunnel. And with this attitude towards the pioneers as you put it then I do not see a future here and I think the price is reflecting that.

You can think what you wish but every prediction I have made has come true. Feel free to check my history if you wish.

Nodeclub

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 08:31:30 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 09:26:15 PM by Nodeclub

Not to be a downer but, This is not the only currency trying to fill that niche and if there is ZERO incentive to support the network then it will not happen. I support many networks and have to prioritize those. This has fallen off my support list and will stay there unless I see a light at the end of the tunnel. And with this attitude towards the pioneers as you put it then I do not see a future here and I think the price is reflecting that.

You can think what you wish but every prediction I have made has come true. Feel free to check my history if you wish.

In this case, I have to say, this prediction will be your first miss Smiley
Actually, to be honest, there is no any predictions, there is no any price yet, there is only hardwork to do.
Lotteries are over, now only those will remain on the market who are willing to work hard and long.
One more thing: today there is only one payment coin on the market, - it isn't very successful and useful at that field, but people still use it due to infrastructure, it's name is Bitcoin.
Good luck with Your priorities Smiley

P.S. If You like a lotteries You need to try JackpotCoin.

Node Dev Team
whitecloud

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:57:05 PM

I think everyone is well intentioned.
Probably the differences as a vision, time horizon, expectations,, experience, perhaps cultural ...
... are those that lead to different opinions.
Wait and see.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: