Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:25:42 PM

The price is really low. Grin
40 satoshis.  Shocked

koop4u's post was worse than never coming back. That would be my guess. If his intention was to drive the price down then it was a success. Maybe P&D in the future?

The price, if anything, is high.  Fast transaction speeds isn't marketable by itself.  The only thing marketable about NODE is when they finally complete NODEbank / NODEpay and the amount of USD and EUR displayed on the NODE address is 100% backed / fungible by a bank in Ukraine (or somewhere in Europe).  

Especially when that is completed and it is marketed to people in Europe, NODE could very well be a Ripple or even BTC killer.    If they can pull it off then it means they're billionaires.  Blockchain integration of real fungible currencies could be the game changer, in my opinion.

The two problems are here:  we are skeptical about whether they can actually partner with an Ukrainian bank and second: we were supposed to get this in February 2015 but it has been delayed to September.   Nothing is really happening, in cryptocurrency, in the meantime but 6 months is an extremely long time for most people and only the most dedicated people (like those who us who have stuck around since February 2014) will hold out and it may not even happen if they can't find a bank to work with.

Otherwise once the coding is done, and you're partnered with a bank, then people will be motivated to help market it and we can take it pretty far.  The NODE bank / NODEpay concept I feel is stronger than anything NEM, NXT or any alternate is offering and few people can actually do it.  The only places in the world where it's probably legal is Eastern Europe and Central America but I'ld think Eastern Europe is a better choice due to the proximity to a potentially large user base (VK / Telegram and a lot of the Germans and Dutch who are interested in cryptocurrency).

Question: What incentive do banks have to partner up with a crypto coin from some corner in the world when they already have systems such as swift or they can just fund their own cryptography/programming experts?

edit: Just to clarify, this is aimed at all alt-coins, not just node. I just don't see the logic behind all these coins thinking they can partner up with multi-billion dollar institutions.

I'm sure they can find some decent bank in Ukraine, Czech or Bulgaria to work  with.  Even Fidor might be interested in working code.  It's worth a try, assuming they do implement the code somewhere.  What I know here is nobody else is doing this exact specific thing and I hold a very innovative position on crypto..  maybe blockchain $Fiat will be the thing which gets the masses in or it doesn't, time will tell but time cannot be reversed if it ends up being the right development.

5 more months to September and maybe give it 3 months for some marketing after the code is implemented.   We've already waited over a year anyway, so another 8 to see if this is going to the moon is fine.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:24:58 PM

Question: What incentive do banks have to partner up with a crypto coin from some corner in the world when they already have systems such as swift or they can just fund their own cryptography/programming experts?

edit: Just to clarify, this is aimed at all alt-coins, not just node. I just don't see the logic behind all these coins thinking they can partner up with multi-billion dollar institutions.

Good question. I d like to hear what silk & koop thinks about. I would say it´s all about the money. Banks could hire or instruct their own experts. But experts cost much money. And often it s better you catch the people with a "cool" new stuff without a history than a (in this case) bank- or country associated coin .
Btw: Do you ever saw just one dev here in bitcointalk in RL face to face?  Maybe they are all banks  Shocked  Cheesy Roll Eyes

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
whitecloud

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:36:06 PM

1. Make an ambitious plan with clear objectives (update whitepaper, etc.).
2. Attract serious, strong and long-haul investors.
3. Make a interface very, very friendly and localized.
4. Make a marketing campaign with professionals (not amateurs).
5. Deliver what you promised.

Edit:
Let yourself be helped.
No one knows how to make all...points.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:24:15 AM

how about some actual proof that node is trying to link up with banks..

this is pretty big statement that can't be taken just on good will.  Cool

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:44:31 AM

http://bitcoinconf.com.ua/en

Seeing as you claimed NODEpay / NODEbank will be done by "end of Summer", can you guys sign up and be one of the speakers for the Bitcoin convention in Kiev in September 2015?

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TheRealSilk

Activity: 457

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:22:37 AM

Seeing as you claimed NODEpay / NODEbank will be done by "end of Summer", can you guys sign up and be one of the speakers for the Bitcoin convention in Kiev in September 2015?

Thank you, good idea

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇ ▇

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:35:42 AM

wallet syncing still slow as fuck i see one year after release

meh
TheRealSilk

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:15:09 AM

wallet syncing still slow as fuck i see one year after release

meh

We want to do things would be checked only the last 1000 blocks, not the entire database At least for Win Client

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
Paramon

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:27:31 PM

Thank you, good idea

It really would be cool
Trollero

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:50:14 PM

Hello, please consider voting in this poll:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1042097.0

It's an attempt to measure whether the altcoin community feels that marketcap is an indicator of success, and possibly discuss it.

I'm targeting ~500+ page ANN threads, and not trying to spam everything with bumps, so please kindly don't delete this unless I've accidentally posted it more than once in your thread.

All opinions are welcomed.
kevinkk525

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:48:50 PM

Thank you, good idea

It really would be cool

Nice to see our top troll posting actually good ideas since a few days Cheesy
whitecloud

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:18:50 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

Node Signature Campaign

We all have seen the potential Node has to offer with prices reaching over 300 satoshi months ago.  However, we are all aware of the lack of advertisement.  I have been corresponding with TheRealSilk to release a series of marketing campaigns for Node and I will be managing them.

In the past, Nodes were offered in return for posting about Node on social media, this promotion will take a bit of a different approach.  As rewards for the previous promotion were rather small, not too many people actually participated.  We plan on offering a more generous reward for a more complicated task.  We have a very poplar thread Bitcointalk, however we have failed to reach other forums about Node.   Your task will be to post a promotional thread for Node, and wear one of our Node signatures for one week on any crypto-related forum.

PART 1:
The first segment of this marketing campaign will be a graphic design contest.

We want to reach out to you guys to create the best looking signature for us to use in other forums.  We plan on creating a page dedicated to Node promotional material for you guys to help spread the word.  

*Be sure to highlight Instant Transactions!

If we choose your signature to promote Node you will receive 15,000 Nodes.  (We may choose more than one)
Best overall signature will receive 30,000 Node.

Post the signatures you make in the thread and also PM me a copy.

We will be deciding the winners next Friday!

Thanks,
CryingMidget

May need more time? Maybe 2-3 weeks?
I personally will reward the signatures from own funds:
1. 30,000 Nodes
2. 20,000 Nodes
3. 10,000 Nodes

so I assume that those 30,000 will go to you then ...

CryingMidget, you want those 30,000 Nodes or not?
PM you with password for those Nodes...
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:19:46 PM

Good question. I d like to hear what silk & koop thinks about. I would say it´s all about the money. Banks could hire or instruct their own experts. But experts cost much money. And often it s better you catch the people with a "cool" new stuff without a history than a (in this case) bank- or country associated coin .
Btw: Do you ever saw just one dev here in bitcointalk in RL face to face?  Maybe they are all banks  Shocked  Cheesy Roll Eyes

Guys/Gals...  not that I'm not enjoying the discussion...  but...  you are blowing everything out of proportion.

Just think of all this in terms of the relationship Bitstamp has with its bank.  It's just a matter of officially registering Nodepay in a jurisdiction (it doesn't have to be Ukraine by the way) which allows for such financial services.

Aside from the recent (and most likely temporary) legal-clusterfuck in respect to Cannabis businesses in the US...  banks never turn down officially registered businesses in their jurisdictions.  Even in the unique Cannabis situation...  it's a liability-fear because of gaps in the policies/laws between the jurisdictions involved...  they're not actually turning Cannabis businesses down because they don't want/need their cash.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896133.msg11191788#msg11191788

CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:38:58 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

Node Signature Campaign

We all have seen the potential Node has to offer with prices reaching over 300 satoshi months ago.  However, we are all aware of the lack of advertisement.  I have been corresponding with TheRealSilk to release a series of marketing campaigns for Node and I will be managing them.

In the past, Nodes were offered in return for posting about Node on social media, this promotion will take a bit of a different approach.  As rewards for the previous promotion were rather small, not too many people actually participated.  We plan on offering a more generous reward for a more complicated task.  We have a very poplar thread Bitcointalk, however we have failed to reach other forums about Node.   Your task will be to post a promotional thread for Node, and wear one of our Node signatures for one week on any crypto-related forum.

PART 1:
The first segment of this marketing campaign will be a graphic design contest.

We want to reach out to you guys to create the best looking signature for us to use in other forums.  We plan on creating a page dedicated to Node promotional material for you guys to help spread the word.  

*Be sure to highlight Instant Transactions!

If we choose your signature to promote Node you will receive 15,000 Nodes.  (We may choose more than one)
Best overall signature will receive 30,000 Node.

Post the signatures you make in the thread and also PM me a copy.

We will be deciding the winners next Friday!

Thanks,
CryingMidget

May need more time? Maybe 2-3 weeks?
I personally will reward the signatures from own funds:
1. 30,000 Nodes
2. 20,000 Nodes
3. 10,000 Nodes

so I assume that those 30,000 will go to you then ...

CryingMidget, you want those 30,000 Nodes or not?
PM you with password for those Nodes...

Yes, I got the 30,000 Nodes.  Thank you very much!
Simpson67

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:07:59 PM

Hi @ll,

By advance, sorry for my bad english as I'm french ;o)

I've read almost all the posts of this topic and I'm very glad
to see a good cryptocurrency project like this one.

Node will be my fist personal investment in a cryptocurrency.

As I'm an infrastructure/system/network engineer, it was not
complicated for me to install the Node wallet on a Linux Debian
VPS (just take about 5 hours to install/synchronize). This Node
server will be online 24/7.

Now, I'll try to acquire 500K Nodes, not for speculating but for
supporting the project ;o)

In addition, if I can help (for the french translation of the project
by example), I'll do it, during my free time.

Thanks to the developers for their hard work!

Manu

PS: I have some questions:

1) Is there any method to generate a cold wallet for this altcoin?
2) Is there any OTP (like Google Authenticator) implémentation
    scheduled for withdrawal double confirmation?
3) What about the Android mobile interface?
whitecloud

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 01:26:04 PM

koop4u, you're in Bahamas ?  Cheesy
palm trees and umbrellas ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=260712
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:45:54 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 06:31:07 PM by 3x2

it seems like he just come here to collect his salary  Tongue Silk find someone else for the job.If you need an example then see how patmast3r work for NEM, you will see him always there answering questions.

Simpson67

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:43:06 PM

Great blog: http://blog.nodecoin.com/system/index.html

Hacked?
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:03:32 PM

it seems like he just come here to collect his salary  Tongue Silk find someone else for the job.If you need an example then see how patmast3r work for NEM, you will see him always there answering questions.

None of them have stepped up to answer everyone's concern, it looks more and more like node was just to line their pockets. Oh well, so what's new in crypto world?  Roll Eyes
TheRealSilk

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:42:34 AM

Hi @ll,

By advance, sorry for my bad english as I'm french ;o)

I've read almost all the posts of this topic and I'm very glad
to see a good cryptocurrency project like this one.

Node will be my fist personal investment in a cryptocurrency.

As I'm an infrastructure/system/network engineer, it was not
complicated for me to install the Node wallet on a Linux Debian
VPS (just take about 5 hours to install/synchronize). This Node
server will be online 24/7.

Now, I'll try to acquire 500K Nodes, not for speculating but for
supporting the project ;o)

In addition, if I can help (for the french translation of the project
by example), I'll do it, during my free time.

Thanks to the developers for their hard work!

Manu

PS: I have some questions:

1) Is there any method to generate a cold wallet for this altcoin?
2) Is there any OTP (like Google Authenticator) implémentation
    scheduled for withdrawal double confirmation?
3) What about the Android mobile interface?

1. No, Your phrase, is your access to the purse
2. No
3. Will be and android interface

None of them have stepped up to answer everyone's concern, it looks more and more like node was just to line their pockets. Oh well, so what's new in crypto world?  Roll Eyes

If you see no action commands, so the project does not work, I gave a deadline
Koop4u contacted me and found out the technical details, I began the transfer site, and we will do 1 site nodepay.com
nodecoin.com site will be closed or forwarded to nodepay.com

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
Pages: « 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: