Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:12:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheRealSilk

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:40:12 AM

Okay So I have a few question after reading the whitepaper.

How does the network protect against sybil attacks ?
It seems to me that i can get a load of confirmation if i set up a load of malicous nodes.

Is it really true that the node that is about for forge broadcasts this intention to the network ?
This sounds to me as if the node is screaming "Hey - pleas DDoS me" Smiley Is this really safe ?

So the uptime is calculated from the time the nodes coms online first at which points he broadcasts to the network.
What if he broadcasts a bogus date or time ? Are there any limits ? is the networktime syncronized ?

In the Node will be put in the black list of IP that make invalid requests
For the time will follow starting Peers and other clients then they will consider real-time connection. After all, when you first start the client, all clients are aware of the time of each client. Before generating block network checks the validity of his time

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇ ▇

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
atleticofa

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:46:59 AM

Lol. Why people believe others about price predictions? Everybody act on their own interests. Node is a good coin, and in the next months the price will go up together with the new developments.
CryptoGuu

Activity: 321

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:55:12 AM

Lol. Why people believe others about price predictions? Everybody act on their own interests. Node is a good coin, and in the next months the price will go up together with the new developments.

this forum is a kindergarten.I hodl my 10m nodes.
mirador17

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 10:09:27 AM

this forum is a kindergarten.

100% agree
anon74

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Deep Onion = soon to be the #1 ANON COIN!

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 10:30:31 AM

I totally agree, it makes my jaw hit the floor at how people panic and sell because the early investors are not done dumping yet and the price takes a dip.  This stage will eventually pass, you don't need to worry.  Devs getting caught lying, going MIA, fraudulent features, etc those are things that yo would actually need to worry about.  NODE and its devs have been rock solid, and this is just the beginning.  For a good example, Blackcoin has taken some big hits, but if you go look in their thread, the confidence is sky high.  Why?  Because the community and development efforts are strong, and Blackcoin has a TRUSTED reputation for being hardworking and honest.  Because Blackcoin knows that they will be successful in the LONG TERM.

That's what matters.

dawj20

Activity: 282

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 10:47:44 AM

+1
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:10:06 AM

The price is only going down because there was about 1000 people with 600.000 Nodes, and not everyone dump his coin at the beginning, so this are only stake dumpers.
It has nothing to do with the coin.

imo in 2-3 weeks are the most stakes are dumped and the price will be stable, when the the devs than deliever something, it will grow steady.

So i would say, sell your coins now, buy back when you can make 50% or 100% more coins and hold.
anon74

Activity: 71

Deep Onion = soon to be the #1 ANON COIN!

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 11:12:26 AM

The price is only going down because there was about 1000 people with 600.000 Nodes, and not everyone dump his coin at the beginning, so this are only stake dumpers.
It has nothing to do with the coin.

imo in 2-3 weeks are the most stakes are dumped and the price will be stable, when the the devs than deliever something, it will grow steady.

So i would say, sell your coins now, buy back when you can make 50% or 100% more coins and hold.

I agree completely.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:14:45 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 11:28:26 AM by TaunSew

People are quick to yell out troll when they hear price speculation that doesn't appeal to them.  I'm tapped out of BTC and only way I can acquire more (unless I spent real world $Fiat) is to sell my other coins, so I can't really benefit from the price going down.  More like I am identifying a problem and solutions should be presented.

Price is going down and staying low because weak hands are still selling, NODE is unknown and then other potential mishaps can occur.  We could wake up one morning and find out that NODE has some severe security vulnerability or the developers ran off to the Odessa goat market with all our shekels.  Of course this can happen to any alternate so it's not really fair to single out NODE for it.

NODE price will go up when userbase is expanded and the initial weak hands sell off (who acquired their NODE stake for free or under $50).  

Bitcointalk is really a small place (to an extent) as is Reddit and some other websites.

If you look at something like Stellar - they only had to give out trivial amounts to Facebookers, get a few angel investors and that gave them a lot of publicity for a short while and today they're slowly growing more and more.

NODE has an opportunity that most coins don't have (not even BTC and not even Moscow Crypti), mainly that it's an Eastern European development team in a crypto-friendly country (Ukraine is very friendly whereas Russia is not) and they can push for adoption in Eastern Europe (not to be region centric of course but if you can get the wheels greased in Eastern Europe then you're likely to get attention from Asia and Western Europe too).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:16:35 AM

It seems to me that i can get a load of confirmation if i set up a load of malicous nodes.

Is it really true that the node that is about for forge broadcasts this intention to the network ?
This sounds to me as if the node is screaming "Hey - pleas DDoS me" Smiley Is this really safe ?

So the uptime is calculated from the time the nodes coms online first at which points he broadcasts to the network.
What if he broadcasts a bogus date or time ? Are there any limits ? is the networktime syncronized ?

For the time will follow starting Peers and other clients then they will consider real-time connection. After all, when you first start the client, all clients are aware of the time of each client. Before generating block network checks the validity of his time

But doesn't that mean that all confirmations are worthless anyway until my own node confirmed it it's put in a block ?
What if i make 2 tx of my entire balance and have my army of evil nodes spam confirmations directly to both receivers ?

I really don't mean to degrade NODE or anything. Just trying to understand.

TheRealSilk

Activity: 457

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:27:51 AM

But doesn't that mean that all confirmations are worthless anyway until my own node confirmed it it's put in a block ?
What if i make 2 tx of my entire balance and have my army of evil nodes spam confirmations directly to both receivers ?

I really don't mean to degrade NODE or anything. Just trying to understand.

The Network won't pass an invalid transaction, as well as an invalid block won't be add added in the right client!
Your intentional malicious network will exist only in the corrupted nodes that you'll set up! It won't pass further!

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
lukey25

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:29:47 AM

People are quick to yell out troll when they hear price speculation that doesn't appeal to them.  I'm tapped out of BTC and only way I can acquire more (unless I spent real world $Fiat) is to sell my other coins, so I can't really benefit from the price going down.  More like I am identifying a problem and solutions should be presented.

Price is going down and staying low because weak hands are still selling, NODE is unknown and then other potential mishaps can occur.  We could wake up one morning and find out that NODE has some severe security vulnerability or the developers ran off to the Odessa goat market with all our shekels.  Of course this can happen to any alternate so it's not really fair to single out NODE for it.

NODE price will go up when userbase is expanded and the initial weak hands sell off (who acquired their NODE stake for free or under $50).  

Bitcointalk is really a small place (to an extent) as is Reddit and some other websites.

If you look at something like Stellar - they only had to give out trivial amounts to Facebookers, get a few angel investors and that gave them a lot of publicity for a short while and today they're slowly growing more and more.

NODE has an opportunity that most coins don't have (not even BTC and not even Moskal Crypti), mainly that it's an Eastern European development team in a crypto-friendly country (Ukraine is very friendly whereas Russia is not) and they can push for adoption in Eastern Europe (not to be region centric of course but if you can get the wheels greased in Eastern Europe then you're likely to get attention from Asia and Western Europe too).

agree, publicity/promotion is decisive for the success of any altcoin
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:43:58 AM

when r u gonna release linux and mac wallets ? i rarely use Windows

~CfA~

Jaguar0625

Activity: 299

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:05:49 PM

Whitepaper is extremely vague and English is horrible.

Lol.. english is horrible and estonian? is also horrible? What did you expect? A technical explanation from a dev point of view?
It was supposed to be this way. It's for normal users. Not for an expert like you who can see the matrix.

A whitepaper is typically a "a technical explanation from a dev point of view". This "whitepaper" is a high-level abstract at best.

Hi Jaguar,

Please direct me to a cryptocurrency which, in your opinion, has published a proper whitepaper.

http://www.nxtcommunity.org/nxt-whitepaper

Node paper is lacking technical content. if i can understand it, then it is a weak paper

Yea, the NXT whitepaper is a good example.

NEM - nem.io
DynhoSts

Activity: 266

day trader mode "on"

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:10:50 PM

Lol.. english is horrible and estonian? is also horrible? What did you expect? A technical explanation from a dev point of view?
It was supposed to be this way. It's for normal users. Not for an expert like you who can see the matrix.

A whitepaper is typically a "a technical explanation from a dev point of view". This "whitepaper" is a high-level abstract at best.

Hi Jaguar,

Please direct me to a cryptocurrency which, in your opinion, has published a proper whitepaper.

Node paper is lacking technical content. if i can understand it, then it is a weak paper

i just think ALL NEM devs hate NODE  Roll Eyes
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:16:44 PM

Hi Jaguar,

Not true at all. There's a huge overlap between the NEM and NODE community which is why some of us are interested and if there are questions  - we'll ask them. If there is something to say - we'll say it. I'm not actually a core dev but that's how I see it.
This is actually very healthy for a community. The last thread i remember that was all positiv and delusional was NAS - and we all no where that went to.  

The fact is that NODE is not finished, therefore the whitepaper is not finisehd and the whitepaper states that.

whitecloud

Activity: 450

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:36:27 PM

http://blog.nodecoin.com/posts/node-short-term-development-plan
Chicodoodoo

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:38:29 PM

Windows Client V.0.8 won't accept cut n paste passphrase, is this a problem my end or with the client?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:39:31 PM

Windows Client V.0.8 won't accept cut n paste passphrase, is this a problem my end or with the client?

I got that too. It makes logging in a very protracted process.
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:54:39 PM

Hi Jaguar,

some of you don't seem to understand the grave you're digging by blindly fervently a coin that is still technically weak. you are building up a hype where there shouldn't be any. when people see this thread, they get excited and want to invest right away! little do they know that this coin shouldn't have even been launched (in my opinion). once they figure this out, they dump and stay away permanently.

then there are threads that I follow like BTCD/NEM/BBR where technical discussions are often taking place. these are the coins with the greatest potential because the community questions the developers and this provides a transparency to what the devs are doing. Here, this is the total opposite. Devs are quiet and hard to understand. 70% of posts are "to the moon" type.

if this coin falls, it is because of the weak community that calls FUD/troll when people ask questions about the project. this cannot continue to happen if node is going to succeed.

i hope the community understands what i am saying

The NODE whitepaper was very transparent and concise vs the NXT paper, even though it was technical - they failed to comment on the unfair distribution! ! NXT is an elaborate ponzi scam. Sorry to hurt your feelings. Smiley

what does unfair distribution mean to you?

NXT distributed the same way NODE did

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: