Bitcoin Forum
August 02, 2024, 05:23:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield  (Read 901804 times)
BK_PHI (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:12:30 PM

First of let me apologize for not posting something first thing this morning - I had jury duty!!!

Next, I thought we should review the plan for Nautiluscoin as over the next few weeks I anticipate a lot more news. This following is from the orignal post:

*******************************************************************************************************************

Mission
Nautiluscoin’s mission is to introduce digital currencies as an investable asset class and provide the premiere instrument for cryptocurrency investing.

Roadmap
There are three pillars to our plan:
1.   Build a Community
2.   Gain Acceptance
3.   Continuous Development

Step 1: Build a Community
In order for Nautiluscoin to have value it must solve a problem. Our first task is to ask our community members what problem needs to be solved, with a particular focus on solving a problem that will attract interest of the investment community.
Substeps:
Social: Actively promote our solution to the altcoin community and to the investment community
Trading: Create a deep liquid market by listing the coin on high volume exchanges

Step 2: Acceptance
Identify merchants/investors/communities that could benefit by using Nautiluscoin. This could also include sponsorship opportunities like Dogecoin Car.

Step 3: Continuous Development
We will add full time development team to handle any changes/updates that will be needed.
Potential Development Projects
-Proof of Stake Implementation
-Nautiluscoin Card for Easy Merchant Acceptance
-Coinkite integration

***************************************************************************************************************

So where do we stand today?

Step 1: Build a community - this process is much much further along than I had anticipated at this point.  I really appreciate the community support...even the trolls...actually, no...not the trolls.

My job going forward is to foster a vibrant supportive community. The one thing I have learned about crypto is that community is everything - without a supportive community the coin dies.

The next step in building the community is asking for a problem to solve. In my view, if a coin does not solve a problem (i.e. make consumers' and merchants' life easier) then it has no value.  I am working on merchant acceptance but we need community input. 

Question for the Community:  What problem should Nautiluscoin solve? Another way of asking this is why would/should a consumer use Nautiluscoin?

The obvious answer is because they expect the price to increase, therefore they want to hold NAUT and spend it every once in a while. But eventually we will need more.  So let the ideas fly...and yes there is such thing as a stupid idea...but dont worry I won't call anyone out..unless you are a troll Wink

Step 2: Acceptance

I hope to have news in the very near term about payment processors. As well, I have a call this afternoon about a sponsorship opportunity. 

Step 3: Continuous Development

We have been working very hard on implementing my idea for PoS, but it is proving easier said than done.  I personally like the idea of PoS because it gives consumers a reason to hold NAUT , i.e. a 'dividend'.  I am also aware that PoS presents some security issues, so before we announce anything I want to make sure we have done our research.  NAUT has come very far, very fast and I do not want to do anything to jeopardize our success.

Long Term Vision

When we launched the coin I thought the first three steps would take a minimum of six months - but here we are 30 days after launch and they are almost all complete or in the process of completion.  This leads me to the long term vision for NAUT.

Wall Street
My goal with NAUT has been and will always be to introduce Wall Street to cryptocurrencies.  Most of the investors I speak with are aware of alt-coins, but they don't know what to "do" with them. This is why it is essentially for NAUT to show how and why digital currencies can change the world. My goal is to make NAUT the first alt-coin to be of 'investable' quality.  This does not mean going up 80% in 24 hrs because your cousin's brother's uncle heard that news was about to be released on NAUT. It means creating an investment/business that has a reason to exist. Whatever the reason for existence it also must make money that holders of the coin will receive.  The ultimate goal for NAUT is return capital to coinholders - either via a dividend or profits.

The Amazon of Digital Currencies
When Jeff Bezos left his job as an investment banker to sell books over the new technology called the internet, people thought he was crazy.  His company, Amazon now streams movies over a handheld computer  - both of these technologies did not exist when he started Amazon.  My vision for NAUT is to use the same template as Bezos - i.e. continuously invest in the latest technology to create a high growth businesses.  Nobody knew what the 'internet' would become and nobody knows what digital currencies will look like in 10 years.  But I do know that innovation and flexibility are the reasons why Amazon has thrived.

Homework for the Community

1.) Let me know how the coin should be used - let's crowdsource a great business idea.

2.) Continue to positively promote the coin.

3.) Be on the lookout for the next innovation that we can intergrate into NAUT.

-BK

BBmodBB

Activity: 154

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 06:20:22 PM

+1 NAUT !!!  Grin

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:25:04 PM

Problem to solve: Money transfers Fees ( Ie Credit Card sales [2-4% of total transaction] ), from Consumers to Merchants for merchant products, solution Nautilus Coin

Problem to solve: Awareness for Merchants & consumers alike ( Cut the dev talk, cut the algo explanations , simplify )

Problem to solve: Integrate for ease of use ( buyers & sellers ): Wallet Apps for various devices

Problem to solve: Buy with USD easily ( close to being solved indirectly with some exchanges to soon have a USD to BTC market ie. cryptsy )

Problem to solve: The answer to " Why not just use my credit debit card "   Possible solution/answer: By cutting out the 3rd party ( credit card fees ), more of what your spending actually goes for merchant profit & product replenishment  resulting in longer term , lower costs if adaptation  sets in. ( Use Dish Network as PRIME example as long as that dosent fold )

Just a few random thoughts

Have a good day.

Edit: Fixed typo of  'UDS' to 'USD'
BK_PHI (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:28:48 PM

great thoughts!!

Completely agree that for the mainstream consumer the 'algo talk' talk is jibberish - that doesn't mean it is not important, but the average Joe doesn't care- he wants to be able to buy a PBR tall boy with ease.

I would also like to create NAUT reward points

CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:37:49 PM

Places like coinkite are great & all, now I dont know the details, but I believe they have pretty heafty 'device fees' , meaning, to use their service, you have to shell out 900 dollars or what ever the cost of the device is. CC Companies last I knew provide these free (the CC swiper), but take a percentage of the transaction. Hence why places like coinbase score great, with their app's for mobile devices. I know if I was Mr Merchant @ 'Super T-Shrit emporium express' ( as a laughable example) , I'm probably making minimal profits, in addition to my over head costs, shelling out 8 or 900 dollars for a device , is probably  not something I'm going to do. However, if I can do 'the transaction' basically free, and cash into BTC via Coin base, or hopefully soon Cryptsy, I mitigate any risk of holding during any extreme market volatility.

costas90

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:48:29 PM

We live in an era of uncertainty and radical change.

On wikipedia it says about Nautilus: "survived relatively unchanged for millions of years".

Maybe nautilus coin could become the new gold? It could symbolize safety and long lastingness.

Maybe, with POS, you can promise the final user a place where they can store their funds for life, and receive a stable return (1% lets say), where no one can touch their funds.

What happens if the final user believes that the coin can serve no real purpose? All that is promised is just "air"? That for this exact reason the coin can not maintain a high value?

Then I say that this is why we have the stabilization fund.

I believe that only branding can bring this coin forward. Brian Kelly is someone with the right contacts. Contacts that can spread the message to the masses.

Think about it, consultants, investment bankers, thats where the message needs start spreading in the begin for the masses to follow.

On the other hand, it could spread from the masses right from the begin, we are more connected than ever.

In my view, Bryan Kelly could start building connections that will promote this coin and at the same time make sure that the community shares the values of the coin.

These are my thoughts.
FlyingMongoose

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:54:24 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 07:49:42 PM by FlyingMongoose

@BK_PHI I've sent you a PM in response to another PM thread we had beforehand. I'm hoping this is the kind of idea you'd be interested in.

Any news on when shirts ship?

And hey, a number of hospitals actually have bonuses to employees for using pedometers and reaching certain goals. Is there a way we can somehow create something like that for NAUT? You know an exercise incentive program for people, or maybe generating certain numbers of steps when synced up can maybe help solve a block and there's earnings returned... I dunno it's kind of a crazy idea but hell threw it out there anyway.

qoinpro.com/951c974b34f66cc68e805832df0c9d8c
BK_PHI (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:07:17 PM

Also...shirts shipping today....sorry, printer was delayed
BK_PHI (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:08:50 PM

@BK_PHI I've sent you a PM in response to another PM thread we had beforehand. I'm hoping this is the kind of idea you'd be interested in.

And hey, a number of hospitals actually have bonuses to employers for using pedometers and reaching certain goals. Is there a way we can somehow create something like that for NAUT? You know an exercise incentive program for people, or maybe generating certain numbers of steps when synced up can maybe help solve a block and there's earnings returned... I dunno it's kind of a crazy idea but hell threw it out there anyway.

I LOVE that mining/exercise combo!
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:13:13 PM

Did anyone contacted btc-e about Nautiluscoin addition?
foxy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:25:46 PM

Problem to solve: Money transfers Fees ( Ie Credit Card sales [2-4% of total transaction] ), from Consumers to Merchants for merchant products, solution Nautilus Coin

Problem to solve: Awareness for Merchants & consumers alike ( Cut the dev talk, cut the algo explanations , simplify )

Problem to solve: Integrate for ease of use ( buyers & sellers ): Wallet Apps for various devices

Problem to solve: Buy with USD easily ( close to being solved indirectly with some exchanges to soon have a USD to BTC market ie. cryptsy )

Problem to solve: The answer to " Why not just use my credit debit card "   Possible solution/answer: By cutting out the 3rd party ( credit card fees ), more of what your spending actually goes for merchant profit & product replenishment  resulting in longer term , lower costs if adaptation  sets in. ( Use Dish Network as PRIME example as long as that dosent fold )

Just a few random thoughts

Have a good day.

Edit: Fixed typo of  'UDS' to 'USD'

I think these are real issues that could be addressed, and also speaking to how crypto currencies will be used once they are more widely accepted. Considering that people are getting more aware, and becoming concerned with things like anonymity makes me think that a pedometer isn't really as innovative as nautilus could get.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:54:04 PM

I think the most important think is to work as a community together and do one step after another. So I like the way to focus on 1-3 things and make this coin step by step better.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:54:26 PM

And hey, a number of hospitals actually have bonuses to employers for using pedometers and reaching certain goals. Is there a way we can somehow create something like that for NAUT? You know an exercise incentive program for people, or maybe generating certain numbers of steps when synced up can maybe help solve a block and there's earnings returned... I dunno it's kind of a crazy idea but hell threw it out there anyway.

People will surely find a way to abuse this.

Btw, any info on the PoS implementation?
cryptoba

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:15:58 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 09:00:08 PM by cryptoba

Hello,

Could somebody please give me a working download link for Windows 32-Bit wallet ?

Thank you
FlyingMongoose

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:28:24 PM

People will surely find a way to abuse this.

Btw, any info on the PoS implementation?

It's possible, but it's the start to an idea, maybe, in the future. Besides, with the wearables becoming more accurate, as well as including things like GPS tracking (like steps don't count unless you've gone x meters), it might be worthwhile to look into for those wearables that have those enforced limitations to operability.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:44:12 PM

There's lots of incentives that could be done.

How about store loyalty type programs? For example,  A gas station could send X NAUT to your wallet for every gallon you spend. Loyalty programs have the benefit that a vendor doesn't have to accept payments in NAUT or worry about converting it to Fiat. This program also spreads NAUT to more people.

How about a restaurant that has wait staff willing to accept tips in NAUT? (doge is very popular for online tips)

The idea is to spread the word about NAUT, get people using it. Once people have or know about it, they will start asking vendors to accept it rather than cash.

I don't know, just throwing some stupid ideas out there.
BK_PHI (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:27:10 PM

The tips idea is interesting - i am currently speaking with a restaurant that wants to accept it, we just need to get it integrated into their system - but tips could be very easy...i am going to pursue this further
Doging

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:34:02 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 09:44:48 PM by Doging

This coin has to be the most attractive to people from outside the world of crypto.

Buying bitcoin, signing up to mintpal/cryptsy, downloading wallets etc can be daunting.

How about selling 5 - 10k wallets off exchange from the stability fund to newcomers?

Something people can just download, encrypt and stick on a thumb drive for a year or so.

Even sending a loaded thumb drive by post might work.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
FlyingMongoose

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:57:05 PM

Also...shirts shipping today....sorry, printer was delayed

I hope I get mine soon :-).

Mayhaps I'll go to the zoo wearing it... or other areas with decent amounts of populace.

If it were to come this week and I didn't already have plans, I'd wear it going to an Ingress event on Saturday... but I have other plans :-/

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:07:58 PM

The tips idea is interesting - i am currently speaking with a restaurant that wants to accept it, we just need to get it integrated into their system - but tips could be very easy...i am going to pursue this further

Of course a mobile wallet with a bar code reader and the wait staff with a QR code either on their name tag or printed on the receipt would make it very easy. Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: