Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:41:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield  (Read 901796 times)
cryptobeast

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

BK, if you really consider making Nautilus a valuable asset then you should invest in making an online merchant website, for example amazon or ebay or nautilusonlinesexshop or whatever you can think.....lol......an online place that makes Nautilus a valuable asset. THINK an online place that i can go and use my Nautilus instead of holding them. A house was bought recently with Bitcoins, why not with Nautilus as well??? You are saying that you are a longterm investor and you really care about community, you are right about that, community is the strongest link of an altcoin so then prove it by building something unique for nautilus that has never been done before for other altcoins.

Start implementing an idea that has long term promises so the community can belive and aid by investing in your long term idea.

THIS IS THE POINT OF THE POST---------> First step-----nautilus debit card, Second step---an online website utilising Nautilus and Fiat currencies.

P.S: You better give something to the coimmunity ASAP in order to believe in your vision before Nautilus die in the shadow of another altcoin.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BBmodBB

Activity: 154

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 10:20:17 PM

NAUT looks like the best speculative digital currency next to BTC right now , get on board good things to come here imho!!!  Grin

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:21:39 PM

BK, if you really consider making Nautilus a valuable asset then you should invest in making an online merchant website, for example amazon or ebay or nautilusonlinesexshop or whatever you can think.....lol......an online place that makes Nautilus a valuable asset. THINK an online place that i can go and use my Nautilus instead of holding them. A house was bought recently with Bitcoins, why not with Nautilus as well??? You are saying that you are a longterm investor and you really care about community, you are right about that, community is the strongest link of an altcoin so then prove it by building something unique for nautilus that has never been done before for other altcoins.

Start implementing an idea that has long term promises so the community can belive and aid by investing in your long term idea.

THIS IS THE POINT OF THE POST---------> First step-----nautilus debit card, Second step---an online website utilising Nautilus and Fiat currencies.

P.S: You better give something to the coimmunity ASAP in order to believe in your vision before Nautilus die in the shadow of another altcoin.

Wow if that previous post dident sound threatining from someone with 1 post.
cryptobeast

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:49:45 PM

Indeed my first post....although i was working at Neo&Bee i never cared on posting anything in bitcointalk.org, but Naut looks promising so i would like to see an ambitious investor stepping in with balls. Wish i had the money!!!
FlyingMongoose

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:25:55 PM

Indeed my first post....although i was working at Neo&Bee i never cared on posting anything in bitcointalk.org, but Naut looks promising so i would like to see an ambitious investor stepping in with balls. Wish i had the money!!!

This is the first coin on this forum I've regularly posted on (in fact it's the only coin I've regularly posted on) so I don't blame you.

Okay, as the majority of the community here is being built via this forum and the IRC Channel #nautiluscoin on Freenode, would it be worthwhile to have NautilusCoin have it's own forum? Anyone have input on this?

Could break it down into General Discussions, Public Ideas, Community Projects, etc. I'm sure more breakdowns can happen (i've seen them on other coin forums). Or do people still feel this is too early for this coin?

qoinpro.com/951c974b34f66cc68e805832df0c9d8c
4jefflee

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:38:45 AM

First of let me apologize for not posting something first thing this morning - I had jury duty!!!

Next, I thought we should review the plan for Nautiluscoin as over the next few weeks I anticipate a lot more news. This following is from the orignal post:

*******************************************************************************************************************

Mission
Nautiluscoin’s mission is to introduce digital currencies as an investable asset class and provide the premiere instrument for cryptocurrency investing.

Roadmap
There are three pillars to our plan:
1.   Build a Community
2.   Gain Acceptance
3.   Continuous Development

Step 1: Build a Community
In order for Nautiluscoin to have value it must solve a problem. Our first task is to ask our community members what problem needs to be solved, with a particular focus on solving a problem that will attract interest of the investment community.
Substeps:
Social: Actively promote our solution to the altcoin community and to the investment community
Trading: Create a deep liquid market by listing the coin on high volume exchanges

Step 2: Acceptance
Identify merchants/investors/communities that could benefit by using Nautiluscoin. This could also include sponsorship opportunities like Dogecoin Car.

Step 3: Continuous Development
We will add full time development team to handle any changes/updates that will be needed.
Potential Development Projects
-Proof of Stake Implementation
-Nautiluscoin Card for Easy Merchant Acceptance
-Coinkite integration

***************************************************************************************************************

So where do we stand today?

Step 1: Build a community - this process is much much further along than I had anticipated at this point.  I really appreciate the community support...even the trolls...actually, no...not the trolls.

My job going forward is to foster a vibrant supportive community. The one thing I have learned about crypto is that community is everything - without a supportive community the coin dies.

The next step in building the community is asking for a problem to solve. In my view, if a coin does not solve a problem (i.e. make consumers' and merchants' life easier) then it has no value.  I am working on merchant acceptance but we need community input. 

Question for the Community:  What problem should Nautiluscoin solve? Another way of asking this is why would/should a consumer use Nautiluscoin?

The obvious answer is because they expect the price to increase, therefore they want to hold NAUT and spend it every once in a while. But eventually we will need more.  So let the ideas fly...and yes there is such thing as a stupid idea...but dont worry I won't call anyone out..unless you are a troll Wink

Step 2: Acceptance

I hope to have news in the very near term about payment processors. As well, I have a call this afternoon about a sponsorship opportunity. 

Step 3: Continuous Development

We have been working very hard on implementing my idea for PoS, but it is proving easier said than done.  I personally like the idea of PoS because it gives consumers a reason to hold NAUT , i.e. a 'dividend'.  I am also aware that PoS presents some security issues, so before we announce anything I want to make sure we have done our research.  NAUT has come very far, very fast and I do not want to do anything to jeopardize our success.

Long Term Vision

When we launched the coin I thought the first three steps would take a minimum of six months - but here we are 30 days after launch and they are almost all complete or in the process of completion.  This leads me to the long term vision for NAUT.

Wall Street
My goal with NAUT has been and will always be to introduce Wall Street to cryptocurrencies.  Most of the investors I speak with are aware of alt-coins, but they don't know what to "do" with them. This is why it is essentially for NAUT to show how and why digital currencies can change the world. My goal is to make NAUT the first alt-coin to be of 'investable' quality.  This does not mean going up 80% in 24 hrs because your cousin's brother's uncle heard that news was about to be released on NAUT. It means creating an investment/business that has a reason to exist. Whatever the reason for existence it also must make money that holders of the coin will receive.  The ultimate goal for NAUT is return capital to coinholders - either via a dividend or profits.

The Amazon of Digital Currencies
When Jeff Bezos left his job as an investment banker to sell books over the new technology called the internet, people thought he was crazy.  His company, Amazon now streams movies over a handheld computer  - both of these technologies did not exist when he started Amazon.  My vision for NAUT is to use the same template as Bezos - i.e. continuously invest in the latest technology to create a high growth businesses.  Nobody knew what the 'internet' would become and nobody knows what digital currencies will look like in 10 years.  But I do know that innovation and flexibility are the reasons why Amazon has thrived.

Homework for the Community

1.) Let me know how the coin should be used - let's crowdsource a great business idea.

2.) Continue to positively promote the coin.

3.) Be on the lookout for the next innovation that we can intergrate into NAUT.

-BK

Thank you for the update! This coin deserves to be traded on Bitfinex. Anyone know how to get coins listed on that site?

FlyingMongoose

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:44:01 AM

Thanks for requoting that, good to do that for people who just read latest page :-)

Note to regularly viewing members of this thread, on new pages, repost the latest informative post from BK (it'll help keep things on topic).

MoreMinerals

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:22:12 AM

someone bought a ton of coins today   Roll Eyes
but something keeps pushing it down!
jackfruit

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:25:19 AM

When does mining end for NAUT?
MrBea

Activity: 242

Bitcorns

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:02:56 AM

Any paperwallet support?  Vanitygen settings?

Gathering bitcorns.
MoreMinerals

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:14:34 AM

Probably not any time soon, were at 3.3m?
Someone...some THING has been dumping for like 2 weeks.

Then there's also XDQ to worry about.
Why its paired with NAUT? I will never understand
FlyingMongoose

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:19:37 AM

It could be XDQ Miners dumping to NAUT then dumping to BTC, but ultimately complaining about dumps and other coins is counter-productive to improving this one. Lets brainstorm peoples. I've already PM'd BK my idea on what I'm building, and I am not yet prepared to announce it. But lets start looking at options, I also posted some sort of exercise incentive based program, earn naut that way.

Not sure what else we can do.

kehtolo

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:53:38 AM

Hello,

Could somebody please give me a working download link for Windows 32-Bit wallet ?

Thank you

On the main page! Just scroll down a bit on the landing page. 32bit Windwos wallet right there..

I mean main Nautilus page.. www.nautiluscoin.com

The next 24 hours are critical!
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:27:44 AM

It could be XDQ Miners dumping to NAUT then dumping to BTC, but ultimately complaining about dumps and other coins is counter-productive to improving this one. Lets brainstorm peoples. I've already PM'd BK my idea on what I'm building, and I am not yet prepared to announce it. But lets start looking at options, I also posted some sort of exercise incentive based program, earn naut that way.

Actually some of XDQ miners hold in long term and also hold NAUT, selling both coins only for BTC.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:57:05 AM

So I struggled through the 90 pages of this thread because of Dave Seaman mentioning the coin and I still don`t get why people talk about the coin being "undervalued".
On what base? The only thing I can come up is the hope that the Dev will do some tricks to boost the coins popularity.
I`m no techie, just an investor/speculator looking for coins that will survive the great shitcoin washout.
Compared to e.g. VTC or DRK, this coin basically only has the good will of Brian Kelly behind it, right?
kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:12:00 AM

So I struggled through the 90 pages of this thread because of Dave Seaman mentioning the coin and I still don`t get why people talk about the coin being "undervalued".
On what base? The only thing I can come up is the hope that the Dev will do some tricks to boost the coins popularity.
I`m no techie, just an investor/speculator looking for coins that will survive the great shitcoin washout.
Compared to e.g. VTC or DRK, this coin basically only has the good will of Brian Kelly behind it, right?

Ok, also not listed there but possibly covered by Dev will do some tricks to boost the coins popularity is the whole PoS thing that we are waiting to hear about.

There is also the reputation of a well known financial investor/speculator/trader (whatever!) behind it, staking his professional reputation on the line. That is huge.
Also huge is the 'ins' that this guy has/can get.. that other alt coins can't,
Throw in the sponsorship idea, the fact that he is working hard on it and the devs are DigiByte.
The stated mission of this coin is merchant acceptance and a safe crypto-goto currency for wall st.

So, all in all a very interesting coin. If you wanna see all the above as just a load of good will, then fine, whatever.
It won't just happen overnight. Although saying that... if/when PoS gets introduced then expect it to up by at least x5 overnight.
I think given a bit of time, this coin could really become one of a handful of surviving coins 2-3 years from now.

The next 24 hours are critical!
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:30:40 AM

So, all in all a very interesting coin. If you wanna see all the above as just a load of good will, then fine, whatever.
It won't just happen overnight. Although saying that... if/when PoS gets introduced then expect it to up by at least x5 overnight.
I think given a bit of time, this coin could really become one of a handful of surviving coins 2-3 years from now.

Thanks. Yes, what you mentioned was basically what I referred to as "do some tricks" (was not meant to be snarky).
I would help if Mr Kelly could expand a little bit on the resources he`s putting into this, especially the development resources, as he is no developer himself.
Does he have a team, who are they? PoS is nothing new for instance.
I also do not get what he is telling his Wall Street buddies. What about the NAUT/XAU pair he was talking about somewhere in the thread? Any news on that one?

Well, bought some NAUT. Pure speculation on the man`s motivation so far.
FlyingMongoose

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:36:08 AM

Thanks. Yes, what you mentioned was basically what I referred to as "do some tricks" (was not meant to be snarky).
I would help if Mr Kelly could expand a little bit on the resources he`s putting into this, especially the development resources, as he is no developer himself.
Does he have a team, who are they? PoS is nothing new for instance.
I also do not get what he is telling his Wall Street buddies. What about the NAUT/XAU pair he was talking about somewhere in the thread? Any news on that one?

Well, bought some NAUT. Pure speculation on the man`s motivation so far.

He's definitely motivated, and he does have a team, as well as the DigiByte team helping (the Source code on GitHub for NAUT is linked to the DigiByte dev team's account).

There are other things in play as well.

I personally feel the coin is undervalued due to the goals behind it, the emphasis on making it a usable currency as a primary goal (not any kind of after-thought). Who knows what the "sponsorship" possibility is, I'm sure if something comes of it we will be told. And proof of stake details I guess will be told when there are details to be told.

HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:37:22 AM

I am not sure I can help much, because I am basically in the same boat as you. However, I think the emphasis on the coin is a little different than other coins. Right now too many people are focussing on the technical aspects of a coin. New algo? Great, I buy it! The coin is PoS? Buy some more!

In the long run, those technical stuff will not add value to a coin. The only thing that matters is the useability outside of the cryptoworld. Though I bought DRK early, hit the jackpot, I dont think DRK will be one of the very long term coins. Starts with the name: what (relevant) company will ever accept something called "darkcoin"? Total anonymisation will also lead to non-acceptance rather than acceptance in the "real" world. Everyone seems to love it, I think it will hold back the coins in the end. Thats just my opinoin though, I will still buy those coins for the short/medium term profit.

But you are right, as I see it Naut is basically BK. If he would lose interest, there is nothing much thats left. High risk investment for sure, but thats the case for all cryptos. he might however, push the coin and the community in the right direction, look at his last posts. I would not underestimate the importance of the person at the top. There is so much money involved in crypto, that the role on top has to be filled - sooner or later - by someone business-related and not a tech-guy or some unprofessional community member (hint:BC, feel free to disagree).
Doging

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:14:17 AM

Actually some of XDQ miners hold in long term and also hold NAUT, selling both coins only for BTC.

I think 24 hour volume on allcrypt is only 500 XDQ or about 2500 NAUT.

We need a hint about POS. Will it be implemented before or after all coins are mined?

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: