Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:21:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield  (Read 901801 times)
cypz

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:58:16 PM

here are some ideas that i believe will help naut

-dedicated forums
with different sections so information is easy to find instead of just posting all problems in this thread.
i can sort this out if ur interested bk, name registration and hosting along with site design can come out of my own pocket as i believe in this coin.

-NSF page for transparency page with all trades listed
this could also be listed on the forum as well, showing transparency and maybe even nauti ppls can share their ideas on best way to perform the price appreciation in current market conditions.

-paper wallet
a much requested item, im sure someone will be able to create something along these lines as cold storage is good for long term investors.

-multi algo multipool that mines the most profitable coins and exchanges them for naut (when it goes pos mode)
multipool combine with the NSF should be a very good start with price appreciation on top of merchant adoption and naut going POS
IMO this is rather important and could be set up soon as we have confirmation that BK is working on POS as we speak!!!!

-tipping bot
i know its in the works but being able to tip someone on facebook even can go along way, everyone love free money and it drives new user to the crypto world.

-mobile wallets (iOS & Android)
this can come down the track but its always good to talk about ideas surrounding the notion.

-Faucet for free naut (obviously small amount)
a faucet that pays out coin for sharing in some viral way on social media.

-bounties for media like articles, blogs and videos etc. marketing naut to investors and savers as a stable growth wall street crypto coin.

i can even make a catchy nautilus song, i have been a music composer and producer for many years. Could make a catchy dance track, something to get the nauti ppl moving =)

If you guys got some more ideas please share them, we can build this thing to be something special right in time for wall street investors getting involved in crypto. If we can get super stable growth we can pitch it to investors as a hedge for volatility in other coins.

imo social media has a big impact in the crypto world so a little bit of a marketing campaign in the social circles mite spread awareness.

open82buy

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:57:52 PM

-dedicated forums
with different sections so information is easy to find instead of just posting all problems in this thread.
i can sort this out if ur interested bk, name registration and hosting along with site design can come out of my own pocket as i believe in this coin.

this could also be listed on the forum as well, showing transparency and maybe even nauti ppls can share their ideas on best way to perform the price appreciation in current market conditions.

-paper wallet
a much requested item, im sure someone will be able to create something along these lines as cold storage is good for long term investors.

-multi algo multipool that mines the most profitable coins and exchanges them for naut (when it goes pos mode)
multipool combine with the NSF should be a very good start with price appreciation on top of merchant adoption and naut going POS
IMO this is rather important and could be set up soon as we have confirmation that BK is working on POS as we speak!!!!

-tipping bot
i know its in the works but being able to tip someone on facebook even can go along way, everyone love free money and it drives new user to the crypto world.

this can come down the track but its always good to talk about ideas surrounding the notion.

-bounties for media like articles, blogs and videos etc. marketing naut to investors and savers as a stable growth wall street crypto coin.

i can even make a catchy nautilus song, i have been a music composer and producer for many years. Could make a catchy dance track, something to get the nauti ppl moving =)

If you guys got some more ideas please share them, we can build this thing to be something special right in time for wall street investors getting involved in crypto. If we can get super stable growth we can pitch it to investors as a hedge for volatility in other coins.

imo social media has a big impact in the crypto world so a little bit of a marketing campaign in the social circles mite spread awareness.

Some forums can look like the above, yes it is helpful to have sections where you can look up details, a lot of people here invest in more then one coin and it is easier to move around the threads all in one place. Some people also judge a coin by the amount of pages on each coins thread to see how strong/popular the community it has.
cypz

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:23:40 AM

theres no reason why everything in the dedicated forums cant be posted here and vice versa.

when this thread starts to grow a lot of people dont have the time to sift through 100's of page's, thats all i was thinking in terms of dedicated forum.

a larger net catches more fish =)

banana2995

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:47:44 AM

I kind of been hacking together a forum for us for the past hour. While I have coding and some web experience, I have never made or ran a forum before. I am open to all ideas and comments about it. I am just learning the basics so please be patient with me.

You can find it at nautiluscoinforum.com
cypz

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:50:00 AM

I kind of been hacking together a forum for us for the past hour. While I have coding and some web experience, I have never made or ran a forum before. I am open to all ideas and comments about it. I am just learning the basics so please be patient with me.

You can find it at nautiluscoinforum.com

Awesome stuff mate keep it simple and it should be peice of cake =)

Pyramusx

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Following on Twitter @pyramusx

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 01:59:39 AM

Not to shit on the effort you're putting in banana2995, but a forum unless planned very well and designed very well, would not be as useful as using what already exists. Like this thread, though it is very active so that's not a problem. But we also have the NautilusCoin subreddit and now a Facebook page. Reddit could be more useful, I mean if anything they should make someone as active and as eager as you a moderator on it.

If a dedicated forum is created, it runs the risk of becoming very inactive and that can be pretty damaging to the image of a coin. Instead we should focus on making what we already have as active as possible.

banana2995

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:16:31 AM

Not to shit on the effort you're putting in banana2995, but a forum unless planned very well and designed very well, would not be as useful as using what already exists. Like this thread, though it is very active so that's not a problem. But we also have the NautilusCoin subreddit and now a Facebook page. Reddit could be more useful, I mean if anything they should make someone as active and as eager as you a moderator on it.

If a dedicated forum is created, it runs the risk of becoming very inactive and that can be pretty damaging to the image of a coin. Instead we should focus on making what we already have as active as possible.
No offense taken. I try to be active on the Nautiluscoin subreddit as well as chime in here every once in a while. Is there any more infrastructure that we can create or get ready? Recruiting members is always the hardest part of growing a new coin.
Lord Of The Internet

Activity: 204

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:44:10 AM

My vote goes towards more activity on the reddit page.  I'd like us all to get naut-i over there.

i was a .css master in a prior life, so i could spruce up the reddit page if needed.

cypz

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:21:13 AM

My vote goes towards more activity on the reddit page.  I'd like us all to get naut-i over there.

i was a .css master in a prior life, so i could spruce up the reddit page if needed.

that would be awesome css masters are always needed, also the facebook head img needs to be higher res just to make it a little more professional looking.

also BK the mining pools on the front of this thread needs updating as some of them are dead

BTCrawl

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:44:24 AM

It's nice to see the price relatively stable despite a fair amount of dumping :-) I think it's safe to say that this is close to the bottom as long as nothing crazy happens, and even then it will only be a temporary drop. I know that I'll keep buying at these levels and support the coin any way I can. Never been this confident about an alt coin since I bought Blackcoin at 4000 satoshi!
BK_PHI (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:25:57 PM

-dedicated forums

-paper wallet

-tipping bot

LOVE these ideas!!!!
BK_PHI (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:27:05 PM

I have not been active on Reddit...it seems that I need to be?
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:34:11 PM

My vote goes towards more activity on the reddit page.  I'd like us all to get naut-i over there.

my observation is why not fork the code and make it easier to mine or increase the block reward by 4 or 5 times what it is right now.

I mined for an hour this morning with 180 MH and on a pool I was in found one measly block (and I found it)- it's not worth mining any longer - the difficulty is just way too high - there's no excitement any longer for people to mine the coin - just about all of us have moved onto other coins because this coin is a waste of mining resources.

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
BTCrawl

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:35:50 PM

My vote goes towards more activity on the reddit page.  I'd like us all to get naut-i over there.

my observation is why not fork the code and make it easier to mine or increase the block reward by 4 or 5 times what it is right now.

I mined for an hour this morning with 180 MH and on a pool I was in found one measly block (and I found it)- it's not worth mining any longer - the difficulty is just way too high - there's no excitement any longer for people to mine the coin - just about all of us have moved onto other coins because this coin is a waste of mining resources.

It will most likely only be mineable a little while longer anyway Smiley
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:40:58 PM

hardly - we're at block 23,101 out of 101,512

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
BK_PHI (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:41:46 PM

A few things:

NSF: buying NAUT between 9000 and 9500 right now

It seems like we have a very active and passionate community and that is incredible!

Moolah: I have been speaking with them for the last few weeks and they are going to include NAUT on the platform when V2 is released...just waiting on the update...

Marketing: I like the idea of NAUT being 'Wall Street's" coin. I know it has some negative meaning within the crypo world, but with me attached to NAUT its hard to avoid. As well, we need Wall Street to buy in...first step is Prypto cards to make it easy to buy.

Next step is to make NAUT a unit of account - that is to say 'something' needs to be exclusively priced in NAUT; I know there are some projects in the works from members of the community. I am working on a few things that Wall Street will be interested in and will be priced in NAUT.  These take some time weeks/months, the real world does not function at the same speed as crypto Wink

I am open to other suggestions and if you have a specific idea and need my help fell free to PM me.

-BK
BTCrawl

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:00:53 PM

That's assuming we won't switch to POS before that. I could be wrong, but I read BK's post as POS might come much sooner than that. Especially since the mining process has been slowed down due to problems with Digishield.
BK_PHI (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:09:24 PM

That's assuming we won't switch to POS before that. I could be wrong, but I read BK's post as POS might come much sooner than that. Especially since the mining process has been slowed down due to problems with Digishield.

I would like to have PoS implemented before all the coins are mined
BTCrawl

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:56:33 PM

A few things:

NSF: buying NAUT between 9000 and 9500 right now

It seems like we have a very active and passionate community and that is incredible!

Moolah: I have been speaking with them for the last few weeks and they are going to include NAUT on the platform when V2 is released...just waiting on the update...

Marketing: I like the idea of NAUT being 'Wall Street's" coin. I know it has some negative meaning within the crypo world, but with me attached to NAUT its hard to avoid. As well, we need Wall Street to buy in...first step is Prypto cards to make it easy to buy.

Next step is to make NAUT a unit of account - that is to say 'something' needs to be exclusively priced in NAUT; I know there are some projects in the works from members of the community. I am working on a few things that Wall Street will be interested in and will be priced in NAUT.  These take some time weeks/months, the real world does not function at the same speed as crypto Wink

I am open to other suggestions and if you have a specific idea and need my help fell free to PM me.

-BK
This is really good news! :-) Moolah seems like a good company to work with. I know they've down a ton of things for Dogecoin PR-wise, and will probably do something similar for Naut if they see the potential it has.

Sorry to hammer the question about POS all the time (it's a really popular question in this thread) but do you know when it might be added, and after which block? Looking at Blackcoin as a reference, they've been pumped and dumped a bunch of times but the price still remains relatively stable. The same is true of other POS coins like Peercoin, that despite lacking any real innovation recently.

Also, and this is more serious, I think we'll have a problem with network security if we stay at POW for too long. I hope this doesn't come across as FUD, but there aren't many people mining Naut right now and more people will probably drop off during the summer. People in Crypto are usually rather impatient, and very few people will mine a coin that might make great gains in a few months when they can make a decent amount of money mining coins that are more profitable right now. Switching to POS sooner rather than later will ensure block chain security, even if the other plans takes a while to materialise. A really terrible scenario would be if BK and the community have a bunch of great things planned after the summer, but there's a security problem before that due to miners dropping off.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:35:32 PM

I would like to have PoS implemented before all the coins are mined

Will the PoS be granting/minting new coins? Or will it only be giving out fees thus keeping a CAP on the total number of coins constant providing an inflationary currency? Or will it mint new coins to X amount of circulation and then only provide fee's for securing the network?
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: