Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:53:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield  (Read 901803 times)
cypz

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:57:22 AM

Someone just unloaded 40k naut we didn't even dip Wink

Sell and cry!

that may have been

Jeremy Ross ‏@jebus911  11m
Out of Naut +45% up. Thanks for the pump Seaman.

just speculation on my behalf

He announced he dumped and price held.

Usually a whale dumps, announces on twitter, price tumbles, whale buys back in cheaper.

Feels like NAUT passed another test last night.

i totally agree i expected it to really slow down and even drop back a little but its just not the case. The growing confidence in this coin and peaking over 1 mil market all points to naut performing strongly into the future, everyone here is so positive with all the ideas being thrown around it just further instills confidence.

This rise has been good for marketing to the current market participants and newcomers alike, many people tweeting about the coin and it should only increase awareness with Fitch's fight this weekend. I wonder if many of the day traders realize about the reduced inflation of the coin coin supply coming with POS.

All in all its been a good few days and looking ilke a very bright future for naut ahead which is what we are all posting about.

Get nauti and stay nauti, only fools sell nauti =) 

Doging

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:28:42 AM

Someone just unloaded 40k naut we didn't even dip Wink

Sell and cry!

that may have been

Jeremy Ross ‏@jebus911  11m
Out of Naut +45% up. Thanks for the pump Seaman.

just speculation on my behalf

He announced he dumped and price held.

Usually a whale dumps, announces on twitter, price tumbles, whale buys back in cheaper.

Feels like NAUT passed another test last night.

i totally agree i expected it to really slow down and even drop back a little but its just not the case. The growing confidence in this coin and peaking over 1 mil market all points to naut performing strongly into the future, everyone here is so positive with all the ideas being thrown around it just further instills confidence.

This rise has been good for marketing to the current market participants and newcomers alike, many people tweeting about the coin and it should only increase awareness with Fitch's fight this weekend. I wonder if many of the day traders realize about the reduced inflation of the coin coin supply coming with POS.

All in all its been a good few days and looking ilke a very bright future for naut ahead which is what we are all posting about.

Get nauti and stay nauti, only fools sell nauti =) 

I had a little dabble on bittrex the other day and the dev disappeared, the price crashed and the coin has been left for dead.

It looked orchestrated and was sad to see people losing thousands of dollars.

This is where NAUT stands out in my opinion. The stability has been excellent so far and we know who is running the show.

Fight night tonight, moolah imminent, POS will be professionally audited and this is still early days.

I'm more interested in the long term plans for the NSF which should keep things interesting way beyond the fight.

This thread has been great too and I can only see the community growing with the recent exposure.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
meat_body_soul

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:44:51 AM

Hello everyone.  I'm a small-time NAUT investor.  I just moved all of my coins off of Mintpal and onto my desktop wallet.  Please forgive my noobness, but can someone eli5 what Proof of Stake actually means for the little guys like me?  I only hold about 1500 coins, but I'm a huge NAUT fan (among other coins).  Will I need to update my wallet when we change over to PoS? Also, will there ever be an electrum or android wallet for NAUT?

Keep up the great work you guys!  I love to see altcoin communities flourishing! 
BTCrawl

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:56:34 AM

Hello everyone.  I'm a small-time NAUT investor.  I just moved all of my coins off of Mintpal and onto my desktop wallet.  Please forgive my noobness, but can someone eli5 what Proof of Stake actually means for the little guys like me?  I only hold about 1500 coins, but I'm a huge NAUT fan (among other coins).  Will I need to update my wallet when we change over to PoS? Also, will there ever be an electrum or android wallet for NAUT?

Keep up the great work you guys!  I love to see altcoin communities flourishing! 
Hi buddy,

Yep you'll have to update your wallet, but info regarding that will be posted everywhere so don't worry about that Smiley The exchanges will update their own wallets, usually together with a previously announced scheduled hour or so of downtime. Proof of Stake, PoS, means that the people holding the coins are securing the network and keeping the network moving forward, rather than miners. This also means that anyone using their wallets to "stake" gets a certain % in return. I recall BK posting that it will be 2% a year, or something like that. You'll only get that if you keep your wallet online though, as it needs to be online to keep validating transactions and thus secure the blockchain.

This will also allow for something called a PoS multipool, where miners can mine other coins than Naut. The pool operator will then sell them for BTC and buy Naut from exchanges to be payed out to the miners. This will provide a constant positive upward momentum for the price, and help stabilize it further.

As far as electrum- and androidwallets go I don't know, but I'm sure this is something that's being looked at. Smiley
BTCrawl

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:59:18 AM

Sweet! http://coinmarketcap.com/ has updated their blockexplorer to the new one, so now the number of coins shown are correct once again Smiley Looks like we're 4,253,586 mined Nauts at the time of writing. We're also a couple of thousand dollars away from a 1 million $ marketcap and 200,000 $ away from the 30th spot. I'm sure both will be remedied shortly Smiley
meat_body_soul

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:01:06 AM

Hi buddy,

Yep you'll have to update your wallet, but info regarding that will be posted everywhere so don't worry about that Smiley The exchanges will update their own wallets, usually together with a previously announced scheduled hour or so of downtime. Proof of Stake, PoS, means that the people holding the coins are securing the network and keeping the network moving forward, rather than miners. This also means that anyone using their wallets to "stake" gets a certain % in return. I recall BK posting that it will be 2% a year, or something like that. You'll only get that if you keep your wallet online though, as it needs to be online to keep validating transactions and thus secure the blockchain.

This will also allow for something called a PoS multipool, where miners can mine other coins than Naut. The pool operator will then sell them for BTC and buy Naut from exchanges to be payed out to the miners. This will provide a constant positive upward momentum for the price, and help stabilize it further.

As far as electrum- and androidwallets go I don't know, but I'm sure this is something that's being looked at. Smiley

Thank you for the info!  I just bought 500 more NAUT.  Go NAUT!
Doging

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:01:37 AM

Hi buddy,

There's a wallet app in the works apparently, no point releasing before POS but I'd like an update on that.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
open82buy

Activity: 695

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:05:09 PM

Hi buddy,

Thank you for the info!  I just bought 500 more NAUT.  Go NAUT!

Welcome to the party meat_body_soul   Cheesy
BK_PHI (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:40:34 PM

Morning all -

Big day for NAUT!!!! 

A few updates:

PoS

On the PoS front, we found a bug yesterday when we were preparing for final implementation and beta testing - once we have it fixed I will let everyone know. 

I would still like to have PoS switch before the fight, but I am not sure that is feasible - I would like to get your thoughts on this.

In the mean time, I will keep the ASIC farms going so we have as few confirmation issues as possible. 

PoS Multipool

Going forward, I know we have at least one PoS multipool in the works and I was contacted by another today. As well I have talked to an owner of an ASIC rig about working together with the NAUT community to lease the rig for the multipool. 

Code Audit

I have contacted Julian about an audit.

Buying NAUT

It is getting easier - Moolah now has USD conversion and Cryptsy trades BTC in USD which can then be converted NAUT - this will make is MUCH easier for people to get involved. It is still a few steps, but vastly improved from a few weeks ago.

-BK

FlyingMongoose

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:56:26 PM

This is all pretty exciting. Nautiluscoin id also #3 at http://www.coinwarz.com/voting so keep that up too!

qoinpro.com/951c974b34f66cc68e805832df0c9d8c
meat_body_soul

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:20:40 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome!  Is there going to be a livestream of the Jon Fitch fight?  I don't have cable.

Hello Brian Kelly!  Cool
BTCrawl

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:56:24 PM

I would still like to have PoS switch before the fight, but I am not sure that is feasible - I would like to get your thoughts on this.
As someone working in IT I'd say it's always much, much better to be sure that the code is good rather than trying to push to reach a deadline and forgetting something important. Of course this is just my opinion, but the way I see it is that PoS being delayed a couple of days due to auditing and testing might be a minor annoyance, but missing a bug would be a huge problem.

One of Naut's main selling point is confidence in things being done correctly. With most coins one has to be on guard to make sure that the devs don't sell a hidden premine, the creator losing interest and abandoning the project or something crazy like that, but with Naut one can be sure that things will be handled professionally. Therefore I think it's better for Naut's image and longterm growth to let things take their time. Telling investors "The update might take a little longer because we will audit the code to make sure that your investment is safe" is worth much more than any new update in the long term. Smiley

Just my 2 Nauts, I've (and it seems like the entire community) have complete faith in you and the devs making the right decisions Smiley
cypz

Activity: 195

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:06:27 PM

Morning all -

Big day for NAUT!!!! 

A few updates:

PoS

On the PoS front, we found a bug yesterday when we were preparing for final implementation and beta testing - once we have it fixed I will let everyone know. 

In the mean time, I will keep the ASIC farms going so we have as few confirmation issues as possible. 

PoS Multipool

Going forward, I know we have at least one PoS multipool in the works and I was contacted by another today. As well I have talked to an owner of an ASIC rig about working together with the NAUT community to lease the rig for the multipool. 

Code Audit

Buying NAUT

It is getting easier - Moolah now has USD conversion and Cryptsy trades BTC in USD which can then be converted NAUT - this will make is MUCH easier for people to get involved. It is still a few steps, but vastly improved from a few weeks ago.

-BK

howdy bk hope all is well on the day of the big event (the jon fitch fight)

POS
i think pos should not be rushed even tho it would be great to be ready and all before the fight it would be a complete disaster if there was something you missed in the code and something happening like a totally stopped blockchain. It would put a lot of negative PR about the coin so waiting a little longer is of greater benefit for the future imo.

i would like julian to do the signed mac wallet for staking as i know there are a few ppl here (large holders) that run on a mac myself being one.

I think the price increase over the last couple of days has been really positive in traders eyes and has such a positive effect with volume increasing, market cap is growing as its now over 1 mil which is freakin awesome.

If you can work everything out, get the code audited and get working wallets for windows mac and maybe even linux, things will go a lot smoother than just rushing to get it out pre fight.

Its going to take a little bit of time for people finding out about naut from tv to get accounts and buy their naut and send it to the wallet so in that time you could really make sure everything is working perfectly with wallets for all operating systems.

can you give us any more details on the POS like minimum stake time and percentage, i know you said 2% a year but your thoughts may have change.
any info is good info =)

BK_PHI (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:12:15 PM

As someone working in IT I'd say it's always much, much better to be sure that the code is good rather than trying to push to reach a deadline and forgetting something important. Of course this is just my opinion, but the way I see it is that PoS being delayed a couple of days due to auditing and testing might be a minor annoyance, but missing a bug would be a huge problem.

One of Naut's main selling point is confidence in things being done correctly. With most coins one has to be on guard to make sure that the devs don't sell a hidden premine, the creator losing interest and abandoning the project or something crazy like that, but with Naut one can be sure that things will be handled professionally. Therefore I think it's better for Naut's image and longterm growth to let things take their time. Telling investors "The update might take a little longer because we will audit the code to make sure that your investment is safe" is worth much more than any new update in the long term. Smiley

Just my 2 Nauts, I've (and it seems like the entire community) have complete faith in you and the devs making the right decisions Smiley

Great feedback --thanks!
BK_PHI (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:21:09 PM

Morning all -

Big day for NAUT!!!! 

A few updates:

PoS

PoS Multipool

Code Audit

Buying NAUT

-BK

howdy bk hope all is well on the day of the big event (the jon fitch fight)

POS
i think pos should not be rushed even tho it would be great to be ready and all before the fight it would be a complete disaster if there was something you missed in the code and something happening like a totally stopped blockchain. It would put a lot of negative PR about the coin so waiting a little longer is of greater benefit for the future imo.

i would like julian to do the signed mac wallet for staking as i know there are a few ppl here (large holders) that run on a mac myself being one.

I think the price increase over the last couple of days has been really positive in traders eyes and has such a positive effect with volume increasing, market cap is growing as its now over 1 mil which is freakin awesome.

If you can work everything out, get the code audited and get working wallets for windows mac and maybe even linux, things will go a lot smoother than just rushing to get it out pre fight.

Its going to take a little bit of time for people finding out about naut from tv to get accounts and buy their naut and send it to the wallet so in that time you could really make sure everything is working perfectly with wallets for all operating systems.

can you give us any more details on the POS like minimum stake time and percentage, i know you said 2% a year but your thoughts may have change.
any info is good info =)

I also told Julian I would like to hire him again to build the Mac PoS wallet - I like the idea of having it certified...the more trust we can build into the system the better.

As for PoS - it will be 2% a year - this will give us time and coins to make any upgrades we want.  I would still like to have the stake tied to a global economic index or have it vary based on supply/demand - this would be the Holy Grail for me as it would create a coin that dynamically adjusts to economic conditions - maybe even some kind of a "Taylor Rule " for money supply.  A lot of central banks have thought about automating monetary policy - I would love to be the first eco-system to implement an algo for money supply.

For now, that coding has proved to be too difficult and not secure.  So we focus on the small steps and build.

-BK

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:25:05 PM

I think that finding a bug is just a great sign, it means to me that they are testing the POS. Finding the problems is part of testing.

Will it take a bit longer? Yes please....do a good job instead of half a job.

Even if POS is totaly ready now, still the exchanges have to update there wallets first, you need to give them a few days to do that.
They will verify the code, update to the new wallet....make sure your coins are save and last but not least be sure that they don't have to repay your coins, because they did something wrong.

Just remember, POS is on it's way....

GOOOoooo....NAUT

Everybody....enjoy the Jon Fitch fight !!!
BTCrawl

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:13:22 PM

We're making decent volume over on Mintpal considering volume being down across the board. Darkcoin, that usually boasts 2-3k BTC volume a day, is now down to 228 BTC. We're currently at 107 BTC, so not to shabby of a start all things considered Smiley
lostlibra

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:08:59 PM

Total crypto noob here. Seaman got me interested in nautilus, so I bought my first coins last night. Unfortunately looks like I bought at a peak. Oh well. Figured 60 bucks or so is a small price to pay to see what happens and start learning.
asnghost

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:12:37 PM

Total crypto noob here. Seaman got me interested in nautilus, so I bought my first coins last night. Unfortunately looks like I bought at a peak. Oh well. Figured 60 bucks or so is a small price to pay to see what happens and start learning.

welcome, naut was near 40k yesterday, awhile ago it peaked over 100k.....as many expect naut price will even increase more due to all the development are going for naut. So actually not much to worry about. Just don't invest more than you can afford.

lostlibra

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:17:06 PM

Oh trust me, I'm not. I may throw 10 or 20 more bucks today. But I'm not really investing, just playing. Well aware it could all go poof. Just think it's interesting, and want to learn more about this world. Thanks for the info and advice, tho!
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: