Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:51:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AC] AsiaCoin | Pure PoS | 100% Interest  (Read 264518 times)
zing96

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:30:54 AM

One try...for the AC landing page video  Wink
Please comment
+1 like
-1 dislike
0 TRASH IT  Grin

http://www.xlabstudio.com/asiacoin.html

I love the ending!  Here's my 2 cents.  It wasn't until the ending that I understood what you were going for.  There is a disconnect between the static shots of the beginning and the theme of "Rising Dragon" at the end.  The music is really great.  My thoughts would be to gradually use images that build up to your landing point (a rising Dragon).  The images you have now seem to be random shots of cities; the last of which focuses almost solely on the flowers in the foreground (how is this image powerful?).  Maybe a theme could be each image more powerful than the one before showing something ready to explode...images from an ancient Asian civilization (old, slow) gradually building up to huge skyscrapers (current, sleek) and then fade to your ending shot (representing the future and something huge about to happen).  I don't know.  This is just an idea, but I think you get my point about continuity throughout the video, or using images that fit your theme of "Rising Dragon." I love the ending...
Zaxxon

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:32:02 AM

Please forgive my ignorance, but where is the lock/unlock icon? I don't see it in the screenshot (maybe one isn't necessary or you're still working on it?).

Appreciate the time you're putting into this. Thanks.

It's only because he has not encrypted the wallet. If you encrypt it, the lock/unlock icon will appear. I just tried it on the new version and wallet encryption works fine.

Of course; I wasn't thinking. Thanks.
Maestro1 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:36:07 AM

Dear Community

We need more volunteers for our marketing team. Please send me a PM if you are interested. We also need people who can speak other languages, so if you can, please state that as well.

If you're happy with our work on AsiaCoin revival, please consider giving us trust feedback and provide donations to the new AsiaCoin Foundation.
BTC: 1LCsuAojeFqf5YamN9iiwEo3VJ9YM8HHjf
X-Laboratories

Activity: 163

founder of X-Laboratories

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 01:39:10 AM

One try...for the AC landing page video  Wink
Please comment
+1 like
-1 dislike
0 TRASH IT  Grin

http://www.xlabstudio.com/asiacoin.html

I love the ending!  Here's my 2 cents.  It wasn't until the ending that I understood what you were going for.  There is a disconnect between the static shots of the beginning and the theme of "Rising Dragon" at the end.  The music is really great.  My thoughts would be to gradually use images that build up to your landing point (a rising Dragon).  The images you have now seem to be random shots of cities; the last of which focuses almost solely on the flowers in the foreground (how is this image powerful?).  Maybe a theme could be each image more powerful than the one before showing something ready to explode...images from an ancient Asian civilization (old, slow) gradually building up to huge skyscrapers (current, sleek) and then fade to your ending shot (representing the future and something huge about to happen).  I don't know.  This is just an idea, but I think you get my point about continuity throughout the video, or using images that fit your theme of "Rising Dragon." I love the ending...

Yeah...you re right, and thx for the interesting advices.
All the images are not random at all...those are all Asian towns..btw...I like the idea of focusing on the message.
Music is ok then? good...keep workin on it,
laterz

"sine secretum non libertas"
BTC 1ABmTBQ3BAJ8tY6EpPM9a6ZoaWsaJipdGV
LTC LS5ejuvBJFAEZEDhYf3KAN8nGjjayTYxez
tmpwhore

Activity: 343

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:50:33 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 02:07:32 AM by tmpwhore

Dear community,

If you are a miner, I strongly recommend sending your hashrate to the Asia Coin Pool.mn multipool at http://ac2.pool.mn

It is already mining but it is not exchanging them to AC, that will happen after the exchanges relist us.

Well I'm there but it's kind of a crappy site. No estimated earnings, no shares, not even how long until the round ends. Not even a difficulty meter. But if it supports the Asiacoin community I guess it doesn't hurt to put my crappy 250 Kh/s up there for a night or so. I'll see in the morning because of right now all I know is I'm "contributing" as shown on the dashboard but no real stats. Used xhash before, way better.
Sharapofff

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:51:31 AM

HI all)) Wallet was new or simple need to upgrade old?
CapSER2.0

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:56:58 AM

Okay so here's what it looks like..

I temporarily banned my own address on my own test client (running linux command line daemon).. now only on that 1 client is the address banned: AT1hm5R4JSjkHsDcscsLb6co3oJ2JZft6Z  is the src address.

Then from my windows client, i just sent 1 coin from that banned address to a new address i created on the same client.  

On my linux client, this is what the debug console shows:

This is when the transaction was first received via network relay.. as you can see this client immediately rejected the transaction.

Now because rest of network is still running unpatched code, some other client put the transaction into a block.. and subsequently some other node tried to send my test patch client the block.. at which point it was rejected again.

So this first negative test says the patch will work.. as long as everyone updates their wallets with the new client.

Very good work!
But attention:
The key to success of this mission is that all the old wallets are replaced by new!
They should not coexist both at the same time!
For this reason I think the priority now is that the patch is released as soon as possible!
That all exchanges are updated to block his path to that thief!
And I think you should take a few days time for that everyone can to replace their old wallet by new ! Before resuming operations in the exchanges!

And to force the update, you can prohibit transactions between the new and the old client?

ZEIT: MpKWWsnqqJ32jKchgfmwKBFkRzNCU8XjUu
altcoiner

Activity: 351

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:00:40 AM

Dear Community

We need more volunteers for our marketing team. Please send me a PM if you are interested. We also need people who can speak other languages, so if you can, please state that as well.

hi maestro, i speak spanish, and i can help you in anything you need to translate to spanish, just send me a text you need to translate from english to spanish and i send you back a translated text

PM me for anything
Maestro1 (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:03:28 AM

Dear community,

If you are a miner, I strongly recommend sending your hashrate to the Asia Coin Pool.mn multipool at http://ac2.pool.mn

It is already mining but it is not exchanging them to AC, that will happen after the exchanges relist us.

Well I'm there but it's kind of a crappy site. No estimated earnings, no shares, not even how long until the round ends. Not even a difficulty meter. But if it supports the Asiacoin community I guess it doesn't hurt to put my crapp 250 Kh/s up there for a night or so. I'll see in the morning because of right now all I know is I'm "contributing" as shown on the dashboard but no real stats. Used xhash before, way better.

I am aware of that. That's why we are trying to find a volunteer pool manager/operator at this stage to start our very own multipool. But in the meantime, it's good to support the only multipool that we have.

If you're happy with our work on AsiaCoin revival, please consider giving us trust feedback and provide donations to the new AsiaCoin Foundation.
qopiyu

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:04:48 AM

I must have missed it back there but, when are the new wallets available for download?
noobthegreat

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:08:05 AM

Hopefully in a day or so.
Maestro1 (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:08:30 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 02:19:14 AM by Maestro1

Very good work!
But attention:
The key to success of this mission is that all the old wallets are replaced by new!
They should not coexist both at the same time!
For this reason I think the priority now is that the patch is released as soon as possible!
And I think you should take a few days time for that everyone can to replace their old wallet by new ! Before resuming operations in the exchanges!

And to force the update, you can prohibit transactions between the new and the old client?

That's absolutely right, and that's currently the plan. We will release the new wallet to exchanges but will advise them not to activate deposits and trades for some time (maybe a week) until people have updated to the new wallet. I know that is less than ideal but it's essential that people realize that there is a hard fork and coins sent using old wallets will not get to the destinations who use the new wallet.

CapSER2.0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:11:10 AM

I may be wrong, but I think if we do not ban the transactions between the old and the new wallets, this will not work well!
Because the scammer still will be able move freely their AC between the old wallets!
  Shocked

Sharapofff

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:12:41 AM

Dear Community

I im speak Russian)) If you are interested can PM me))
Maestro1 (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:15:12 AM

I may be wrong, but I think if we do not ban the transactions between the old and the new wallets, this will not work well!
Because the scammer still will be able move freely their AC between the old wallets!
 Shocked

He won't be able to after the fork. The adresss holding his coins will be banned from transactions and staking. He will be able to move his coin between old wallets but when we move to the new wallet, we will have a different network.

tmpwhore

Activity: 343

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:18:32 AM

Can the forum administrator ban Larger fonts? It's fucking annoying and you look like your 12 years old. Or at least have an age meter so that if you don't have hair on your balls your stuck at 10pt fonts.
CapSER2.0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:19:05 AM

Shocked

He won't be able to after the fork. The adresss holding his coins will be banned from transactions and staking. He will be able to move his coin between old wallets but when we move to the new wallet, we will have a different network.

Excellent! I lacked that data! Of the different network!!!  Cheesy

micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 02:26:27 AM

I would like more eyes on the changes and more testing on it first though.. hopefully bring in some to

Yes Exactly.

We cannot block between different "addresses".. because the client wouldn't immediately know which addresses is being used by a the different versions..  We *could* block different nodes from sending data to each other... But all that would do is force a hardfork right this moment... two networks would appear immediately.  

I'm not sure we need to go that route yet.  It's better if we just do a smooth transition, maintain backwards compatibility as much as possible.  Dealing with 2 different networks may be pain... although recoverable.  It would force some ppl to delete their blockchains and redownload, which i personally hate.. Wink

If we have to though.. that's always going to be an option.  I'd change ports to accommodate that.

But if the majority of ppl update quickly.. then we'll be just fine. 

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
raystar

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:27:19 AM

ummmm  Huh guys maybe i miss something from the forum, some people have already their new wallet and i can't download it from the website. can someone help me for this
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 02:29:14 AM

ummmm  Huh guys maybe i miss something from the forum, some people have already their new wallet and i can't download it from the website. can someone help me for this

The new wallet has not been released to the general public yet.  Only to a select few for test purposes.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: