Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:53:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AC] AsiaCoin | Pure PoS | 100% Interest  (Read 264518 times)
coinking
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:40:39 PM

I really do hope this community and this coin survive. There is a lot of work being done on this project from the looks of it, so to everyone involved well done and keep up the solid work!

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
███████░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄██░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░██████▀███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░▀█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
█████░██░░░██░██░░░█░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
juca_br2002

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:47:28 PM

It will be good when the Cryptsy reactivate Exchange there.

I really hope this coin Revival without damage of cash.  Grin
Xuorc

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:50:27 PM

impossible. you can't confirm that on the fly and whoever tells you in this situation that he carefully checked the code is lying - knowingly or unknowingly. there are so many possibilities to let the one crucial comparison for the premine address return the wrong result.
Lie #1
It's quite possible to review the code changes for any altcoin with published source code like this. Scroll up in the thread and read about winmerge. Anyone who can read code at a rudimentary level can do this.

i also don't think that anybody skilled enough to do the task would be willing to spend all that time necessary to go through the code and check that it's really clean
Lie #2
There are at least four of us on the volunteer dev team who are both skilled enough to review the code on github and willing to spend the time necessary to review it.

and doing what these two junior member accounts that are "saving" the coin are telling us.

all you can do is trust them and that doesn't feel right in this context. doing cryptobusiness shouldn't require that amount of trust.
Lie #3
I've been personally very forthcoming about my real life identity and background/experience as a developer. If something does go wrong with this revival, my name is attached to that. I welcome everyone to click through the link on my account.

All that aside, I do not ask anyone to just trust us. Please independently review the open source, patched AsiaCoin code, announce your findings, and point out problems if they exist.

+1 Well said.

micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 09:51:46 PM

a review from somebody independent, somebody who doesn't have a personal benefit if this turns out as another scam would be helpful.

Now this, I absolutely agree with!

Behind the scenes the foundation has been reaching out to developers to independently audit and verify.  We are even putting a bounty behind it.

Currently the independents who have reviewed this are:
  - Adriano dev from COMM coin.
  - Mullick from Cryptsy
  - Developer from BTER

Maestro has been reaching out to rat4 and CINNI developer as well.  

We absolutely need more independent auditing of the code, from people that have no benefit.  We need more stress testing, negative/whitebox testing.

I have advised that the exchanges do NOT open until this happens.. I recommend 1 week.

I encourage everyone to help find people to review and test the code.  The foundation will pay out bounties (as we can afford it.. but hey we don't have much now).. to assist.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
EnabledZombi3

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 09:53:11 PM

a review from somebody independent, somebody who doesn't have a personal benefit if this turns out as another scam would be helpful.
I fully agree. Please help us out, everyone.

you have invested in asiacoin, this enabledzombi kid already admitted that he put a bit too much of his money into asiacoin, ...
Yep, I did say that and I do have stake in AC. Glad you decided to post something that's true.

"trust me or don't trust me" is not really working. that's what every scammer tells you here in the announcement board.
Lie #4
A real scammer will hide the code, not publish it. They certainly won't post it for public review prior to its release. Take the original dev for example, since he took down the source code and wiped out his website after things went sour last weekend.
Crypt2014

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:57:25 PM

You can download this handy program, winmerge, to check the sourcecodes yourself. Other than that, you can't know if anybody is lying or not.

Bingo..

btw i used winmerge to compare Asiacoin to Cinni and Blackcoin.. and that is how i was able to find all the code diffs that the original scammer put in to hide the premine.  All those changes have been reverted in the new code base.

Code is open source guys.. commits are there.. download winmerge, go at it.  More people need to learn to code.. or at least read code.

Warning: WinDiff and WinMerge are programs that were actually written by the original dev many years ago... You cannot trust what they show you!!!           ..... Ok - Just kidding! Smiley

Just wanted to thank the Devs.... You have restored some of the faith I lost last week. This revived AC will probably become one of the most thoroughly checked, analyzed and tested coin codes out there. With the amount of eyes watching it and people scanning through the code, this will be one coin that we can be completely assured of as not being a scam anymore. It is the phoenix rising from the ashes!

Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:11:17 PM

I'm sure this has been asked a 100 times already, but I have a real job and no way to read 43 pages to find it. How do I recover my 100k coins? They are still in the old wallet that has been running nonstop.
Shurugwi

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:14:18 PM

Great work, great new team, great goals, GREAT COIN !!! Grin

Come on AsiaCoin  Cool

Yea, u can also go back to Panda coin if u liked be scamed once again.

Dude you missed the 'kick the asiacoin community while they are down' party. That was last week.
crunchynut

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:16:38 PM

"trust me or don't trust me" is not really working. that's what every scammer tells you here in the announcement board.
Lie #4
A real scammer will hide the code, not publish it. They certainly won't post it for public review prior to its release. Take the original dev for example, since he took down the source code and wiped out his website after things went sour last weekend.

Lie #9999
the original dev published the source code with the modifications to hide the premine. he took it offline much later. very few of the asiacoin investors/victims are able to follow the code. you can hide everything in the open source code. you must be stupid or of dishonest intentions to say otherwise after this is exactly what happened in the asiacoin scam.

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
Shurugwi

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:21:25 PM

Now this, I absolutely agree with!

Behind the scenes the foundation has been reaching out to developers to independently audit and verify.  We are even putting a bounty behind it.

Currently the independents who have reviewed this are:
  - Adriano dev from COMM coin.
  - Mullick from Cryptsy
  - Developer from BTER

Maestro has been reaching out to rat4 and CINNI developer as well.  

We absolutely need more independent auditing of the code, from people that have no benefit.  We need more stress testing, negative/whitebox testing.

I have advised that the exchanges do NOT open until this happens.. I recommend 1 week.

I encourage everyone to help find people to review and test the code.  The foundation will pay out bounties (as we can afford it.. but hey we don't have much now).. to assist.

Having been done in in both SHAcoin and AsiaCoin I posted on this exact subject today. Some views but no replies so I don't really know how the community feels about the suggestions.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=599055.0
ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:22:47 PM

Can some1 go through all the codes, just to be on the safe side... I mean we cannot know if the devs are in fact all the same as the original dev.

How can you be sure that new code inspektor is not friend with old code creator if the coin creator is old dev. It could be even old code creator wifes father cats cousin that inspect that new code. O_o
If that is the case, you are better off investing in stocks. You can never be sure with cryptocurrencies.
ozrep

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:23:02 PM

I read
*Creating a video: We need a volunteer

Wasn't here someone who was doing it? I'm confused.

@Maestro1
count me in if you want italian translations

Yes, Dmann is working on the video. Maestro1 will count you in for the italian translations. BTW, I'm Italian.

Ma che davero?  Cheesy robe da pazzi!!

anyway...crunchynut, xuorc, enabledzombi3...easy guys  Grin
You all have a good point...I think you can bring lots of strength to this coin; just try being less nervous.
We still have a week to test everything and be sure AC can have a real revival (and not a dump-party); no need to rush, don't we?

btw...can anyone just stop being hamlet? << trust or not to trust..this is the question >> lol. It's clear you can trust or not...in this coin like everywhere...anyone...just read old posts, make your own decision and stay cool.

GUN: Gz1vmt4ZoTJxuL1wL5Uq5CTPDTzwJUzJFJ
EnabledZombi3

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 10:24:24 PM

I didn't say he never published it. He did attempt to destroy the evidence, however. The fact that the code was out there and nobody caught him until it was too late is the reason I'm personally code reviewing this and also encouraging others to do the same. Additionally, we need a rich list and a more stable block explorer. We're taking volunteers for these tasks.

Lie #4

Lie #9999
the original dev published the source code with the modifications to hide the premine. he took it offline much later. very few of the asiacoin investors/victims are able to follow the code. you can hide everything in the open source code. you must be stupid or of dishonest intentions to say otherwise after this is exactly what happened in the asiacoin scam.
Maestro1 (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:25:31 PM

I'm sure this has been asked a 100 times already, but I have a real job and no way to read 43 pages to find it. How do I recover my 100k coins? They are still in the old wallet that has been running nonstop.

Nothing is lost so there's no need to recover. Only update to the wallet version 2.0 when we release it Smiley

If you're happy with our work on AsiaCoin revival, please consider giving us trust feedback and provide donations to the new AsiaCoin Foundation.
BTC: 1LCsuAojeFqf5YamN9iiwEo3VJ9YM8HHjf
Shurugwi

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:32:11 PM

When the new wallet is released... What is the risk of someone using the old wallet. Will the old wallet stop working?
Maestro1 (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:38:32 PM

When the new wallet is released... What is the risk of someone using the old wallet. Will the old wallet stop working?

The risk is that the original developer may try to transfer his premined coins to another address, which will result in a fork. Those then with the new wallet are protected as their network/blockchain will not accept any transactions of those coins, but those with the old wallet may accept the other fork of the blockchain. Basically the same risk that exists with all forks for all coins. If that happens, they will need to take their wallet.dat, upgrade to the new wallet, and redownload the blockchain (it's not the end of the world, just an inconvinience).

In 2 months, when we decrease the PoS rate from 100% to 80%, the old wallets will continue at their 100% staking, so there will be a mandatory fork then, and the old wallets will become totally incapable of being on the right network.

If you're happy with our work on AsiaCoin revival, please consider giving us trust feedback and provide donations to the new AsiaCoin Foundation.
thermopile

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:43:13 PM

Nothing is lost so there's no need to recover. Only update to the wallet version 2.0 when we release it Smiley

Looking forward to the relaunch. About when will the updated wallet be available for download?
Maestro1 (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:48:03 PM

Looking forward to the relaunch. About when will the updated wallet be available for download?

They are ready (ahead of plan), we are waiting for exchanges to upgrade to the new wallet before we release them.

ORiN

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:54:53 PM

I have a real job as well. I didn't read all 40+ pages in one seating. Help yourself and at least read the first page or visit the website, www.thecoin.asia, for the news and FAQ.
ORiN

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:58:51 PM

Lie #4

Lie #9999
Why don't you just go concentrate on the RAPECOIN in your signature? You clearly won't believe anything we are have to offer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: