Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:24:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: M's Miner (Ant/SP) Monitor v5.2: alerts,auto/mass/scheduled reboot/mobile miner  (Read 209248 times)
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:19:06 AM

Make sure you only access the spondoolies box over https otherwise you are passing the credentials in clear text.

That is a good point.  I wonder how many people actually put https when checking their remote machines?

My remote devices are only accessible via my IP, and https doesn't work.  Not sure if that's a Bitmain limitation, or a host limitation.  (I don't have any spondoolie hardware remote just yet.)

M

spondoolies works over http AND https by default

Natted and firewalled but still I access via https Smiley

Yes, I see that my SP20 supports HTTPS.  That leads to cert errors, which I can work around programmatically.

Thanks for the tip. Smiley

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:22:06 AM

Thank you so much for this app. very useful.
can u fix the log page scroll bar? there is no scroll bar in log page and it's hard to review log!
and there is any chance to add mobileminer api ?

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:29:45 AM

can u fix the log page scroll bar? there is no scroll bar in log page and it's hard to review log!

What version are you using?  I have a scroll bar here.  Every so often visual studio messed up and that control gets resized outside of its bounds, so the scrollbar isn't visible.  But I'm pretty sure it's there right now.

I intend to look at mobileminer sometime in the future.  Not sure when at this point.

Thanks.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:36:14 AM

Here's version 4.7.  It adds HTTPS support for non API use. 

This probably does not work with Bitmain hardware, and may not work with all hosting configurations for Spondoolie hardware.

Download link: MMinerMonitor47.zip

M

sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:03:56 AM

Make sure you only access the spondoolies box over https otherwise you are passing the credentials in clear text.

That is a good point.  I wonder how many people actually put https when checking their remote machines?

My remote devices are only accessible via my IP, and https doesn't work.  Not sure if that's a Bitmain limitation, or a host limitation.  (I don't have any spondoolie hardware remote just yet.)

M

If you need any to play with let me know. I only have two SP20s atm, but I love them, and would enjoy helping to grow any compatibility for them and your software. I offer help with no strings.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
smilingloki

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:16:11 AM

Here's version 4.7.  It adds HTTPS support for non API use.  

This probably does not work with Bitmain hardware, and may not work with all hosting configurations for Spondoolie hardware.

Download link: MMinerMonitor47.zip

M

Works perfectly here -

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:12:28 PM

M

If you need any to play with let me know. I only have two SP20s atm, but I love them, and would enjoy helping to grow any compatibility for them and your software. I offer help with no strings.

Are they remote?  If so, does this work for you?

M

blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:34:18 PM

What version are you using?  I have a scroll bar here.  Every so often visual studio messed up and that control gets resized outside of its bounds, so the scrollbar isn't visible.  But I'm pretty sure it's there right now.

I intend to look at mobileminer sometime in the future.  Not sure when at this point.

Thanks.

M
today i download 47 and replace with 45 and scroll is back!
thanks,

Kexkey

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

Smile while thinking.

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:10:54 PM

Hi M,

I think there are problems when locale is not "en".  I'm running it on a machine where the locale is metric-based and I can see conversion problems in the log tab:

2015-01-25 11:38:35: An error occurred when parsing the web output for http://**.**.**.**:*****/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=/admin/status/minerstatus/: La conversion de la chaîne "195.04" en type 'Double' n'est pas valide.

It means "Conversion of string "195.04" in Double type is invalid" -- It looks like it is trying to convert "195.04", which is ok in english, but when converting it probably expects "195,04" to be able to parse it correctly (default locale when not specified in your code).  Other example:

2015-01-25 11:39:20: An error occurred when parsing the web output for http://**.**.**.**:****/cgi-bin/minerStatus.cgi: La conversion de la chaîne "2,044.40" en type 'Double' n'est pas valide.

For the hashrate, "2,044.40" is expected to be parsed as "2 044,40" in my locale.

Also, I think the way MMinerMonitor displays the data is based on the computer's locale: for the BestShare column, I can see "17 539 513" displayed instead of "17,539,513" that you probably expect, and when sorting on this column, it shows like this:

which is sorted string-wise instead of int-wise.  I think everything coming from a string should be specifically converted using the local locale (!) to make sure there's no parsing problems.

Oh, and I am getting a Windows security popup asking for a password when trying to get data from a remote miner.  Entered password never works.  I don't know if it has something to do with this:

2015-01-25 12:06:54: An error occurred when parsing the web output for http://**.**.**.**:*****/cgi-bin/minerStatus.cgi: La valeur '70' n'est pas valide pour 'index'. 'index' doit être compris entre 0 et 5.
Nom du paramètre : index

Which means "The value '70' is invalid for 'index'.  'index' must be a value between 0 and 5.  Parameter name: index"

Another thing: when the popup asking for a password, I don't know for which remote machine it asks, and I don't have the same password on every machines, so I don't know what to enter.

Version 4.7

Thanks for keeping the good work and frequent updates!

Kex

This digital signature is not a digital signature.
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 05:16:32 PM

What version are you using?  I have a scroll bar here.  Every so often visual studio messed up and that control gets resized outside of its bounds, so the scrollbar isn't visible.  But I'm pretty sure it's there right now.

I intend to look at mobileminer sometime in the future.  Not sure when at this point.

Thanks.

M

I've submitted a Pull Request that introduces initial support for MobileMiner monitoring:

https://github.com/mdude77/MMinerMonitor/pull/2

Edit: mdude77 PM me your email address or app key once you've had a chance to sign up and I'll update your acct so you have access to all the features for testing.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:54:00 PM

Hi M,

I think there are problems when locale is not "en".  I'm running it on a machine where the locale is metric-based and I can see conversion problems in the log tab:

You are correct.  The web scraping isn't going to work well for non english browsers.  I have done nothing to make it locale aware. Sad  That's a task I'm not sure I can get into.

What locale do you have your browser set to?  I might be able to look at this, but I have a short amount of "spare" time, and it's needed elsewhere mostly. Sad

What miner is this coming from?

Also, I think the way MMinerMonitor displays the data is based on the computer's locale: for the BestShare column, I can see "17 539 513" displayed instead of "17,539,513" that you probably expect, and when sorting on this column, it shows like this:

which is sorted string-wise instead of int-wise.  I think everything coming from a string should be specifically converted using the local locale (!) to make sure there's no parsing problems.

Best share is definitely not defined as a numeric type.

Oh, and I am getting a Windows security popup asking for a password when trying to get data from a remote miner.  Entered password never works.  I don't know if it has something to do with this:

Another thing: when the popup asking for a password, I don't know for which remote machine it asks, and I don't have the same password on every machines, so I don't know what to enter.

You should be able to set the browser userid/password for each miner on the miner config tab.

Version 4.7

Thanks for keeping the good work and frequent updates!

You're welcome.  Unfortunately making this locale aware may be beyond the scope of what I can do time wise. Sad

M

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:55:46 PM

What version are you using?  I have a scroll bar here.  Every so often visual studio messed up and that control gets resized outside of its bounds, so the scrollbar isn't visible.  But I'm pretty sure it's there right now.

I intend to look at mobileminer sometime in the future.  Not sure when at this point.

Thanks.

M

I've submitted a Pull Request that introduces initial support for MobileMiner monitoring:

Edit: mdude77 PM me your email address or app key once you've had a chance to sign up and I'll update your acct so you have access to all the features for testing.

Thanks for doing this.  There might be one problem here.  I don't have a mobile device, of any type.  Hopefully there's a way to test this in a PC "emulator" environment.

Also, this is going to take some time for me to go through.  Time isn't something I have a lot of. Sad

M

pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 07:38:11 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 07:55:02 PM by pekatete

You are correct.  The web scraping isn't going to work well for non english browsers.  I have done nothing to make it locale aware. Sad  That's a task I'm not sure I can get into.

What locale do you have your browser set to?  I might be able to look at this, but I have a short amount of "spare" time, and it's needed elsewhere mostly. Sad

.NET assumes the current UI culture as the culture to run the thread on, if not set otherwise, or will revert to an invariant culture (read US culture), if the code is inside a module that has no culture setting on the thread.

I use a general, simplistic workaround on numeric values, i.e I try to parse them three ways, (1) by UI culture (2) by US culture (3) by a french / german culture. Here's a function that I use, it is in VB.net but if you write in C# you can convert easily. you can also substitute decimal for any numeric type ..... integer, double etc ...

Code:
    Dim providerUS As IFormatProvider = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("en-US")
    Dim providerDE As IFormatProvider = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("de-DE")
    Function parseDecimal(ByVal value As String) As Decimal
        Dim trnAmt As Decimal = CDec(0.0)
        If Decimal.TryParse(value, System.Globalization.NumberStyles.AllowDecimalPoint Or NumberStyles.AllowLeadingSign, CultureInfo.CurrentUICulture, trnAmt) Then
            Return trnAmt
        Else
            If Decimal.TryParse(value, NumberStyles.AllowDecimalPoint Or NumberStyles.AllowLeadingSign, providerUS, trnAmt) OrElse Decimal.TryParse(value, NumberStyles.AllowDecimalPoint Or NumberStyles.AllowLeadingSign, providerDE, trnAmt) Then
                Return trnAmt
            Else
                Try
                    Return Decimal.Parse(value, NumberStyles.AllowLeadingSign Or NumberStyles.AllowDecimalPoint, CultureInfo.InvariantCulture)
                Catch ex As Exception
                    Return CDec(0.0)
                End Try
            End If
        End If

End Function

EDIT: I think the issue with this one is that the culture of the rigs is not the same as the culture of the computer your program is running on, in the case of the post above, his rig is set as a US type culture while his PC is a fr-FR culture. in any case, that function would deal with that specific issue and similar (but not all scenarios).

nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 08:00:46 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 08:29:00 PM by nwoolls

Thanks.

M

Thanks for doing this.  There might be one problem here.  I don't have a mobile device, of any type.  Hopefully there's a way to test this in a PC "emulator" environment.

Also, this is going to take some time for me to go through.  Time isn't something I have a lot of. Sad

M

No mobile device is required (it's just a feature) - you can access the service through web.mobileminerapp.com. You just need to place the information from the email you received into both your own software's settings page and web.mobileminerapp.com and you should be good to go.

Edit: you can grab a binary release here as well if that helps https://github.com/nwoolls/MMinerMonitor/releases

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:26:22 AM

Here's v4.8.  It contains some minor tweaks for the SP10 web code.

It also adds a "fans" output for Spondoolie hardware.  The true fan speed isn't available to me, but the setting is, so if you have it set to "80", it'll show 80. 

"Auto" appears to be "0" in the output, so I display "auto" instead.

Download link: MMinerMonitor48.zip

M

Kexkey

Activity: 237

Smile while thinking.

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:05:02 AM

Hi M,

You are correct.  The web scraping isn't going to work well for non english browsers.  I have done nothing to make it locale aware. Sad  That's a task I'm not sure I can get into.

What locale do you have your browser set to?  I might be able to look at this, but I have a short amount of "spare" time, and it's needed elsewhere mostly. Sad

Coming from Bitmain gear, S1's and S4.  I understand that spare time is gold, I'm in the same boat.  Smiley  Don't worry, your software is absolutely usable.  My W8 is set to fr-CA, I guess the IE browser object you're instantiating has the same locale.

Best share is definitely not defined as a numeric type.

Same is happening when sorting other columns, like XCount (33X comes before 4X), I guess the problem appears on whatever locale we're in.  Not a big deal though.

You should be able to set the browser userid/password for each miner on the miner config tab.

That's what I did, but it pops the password dialog anyway.  I don't know why.  I deactivated those 3 remote miners.  For the other remote miners, I set a VPN up and it's working well.

You're welcome.  Unfortunately making this locale aware may be beyond the scope of what I can do time wise. Sad

Once again, don't worry about it.  Very useful software.

Kexkey

This digital signature is not a digital signature.
727miner

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 11:55:48 AM

M, just a heads up, on 2 of my 5 of my SP20's I had to edit the cgminer.conf.template file instead of cgminer.conf to get the API access to work. If I edited the cgminer.conf and restarted the minergate, the changes would not stick.

Also, I sent a small donation your way. Thanks for all your hard work, I really like your app  Smiley
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:40:02 PM

M, just a heads up, on 2 of my 5 of my SP20's I had to edit the cgminer.conf.template file instead of cgminer.conf to get the API access to work. If I edited the cgminer.conf and restarted the minergate, the changes would not stick.

Also, I sent a small donation your way. Thanks for all your hard work, I really like your app  Smiley

Thanks!  I meant to update my notes about that.  However since that's no longer needed (you can use the non-API option), I think I overlooked it.

M

bittalc1

Activity: 162

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 04:57:45 PM

Hey mdude, is it possible that you add in reboot menu option for ant s4, so lets say i have X count 2X and i want to reboot the unit automatically, that option is available but its not the same like when i press the button in miner config (save and apply). Can you implement save and apply ?

thanks

PS i think this is the command
/etc/init.d/cgminer.sh restart
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 05:19:18 PM

Hey mdude, is it possible that you add in reboot menu option for ant s4, so lets say i have X count 2X and i want to reboot the unit automatically, that option is available but its not the same like when i press the button in miner config (save and apply). Can you implement save and apply ?

thanks

PS i think this is the command
/etc/init.d/cgminer.sh restart

Hello, so you're looking to restart cgminer, not reboot the whole unit?

That's been requested before.  It's on my to do list, but not sure when it'll happen.

M

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: