Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:05:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: M's Miner (Ant/SP) Monitor v5.2: alerts,auto/mass/scheduled reboot/mobile miner  (Read 209242 times)
Ziploc

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:27:58 AM

The link I provided above has a FAQ I believe that shows you how.

My S1 is turned off atm else I'd look.

M

It's not what I meant..
I know how to upgrade...

Just don't want to do it without knowing if I already have the latest firmware..
Don't want to mess with it for nothing as it's always risky...

and I'm a kind of person that believes that if it's not broken, don't fix it
and my miners hash very well and stable....

however I like the utility of Your soft and would love to fully profit from it's features
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:58:04 AM

M

It's not what I meant..
I know how to upgrade...

Just don't want to do it without knowing if I already have the latest firmware..

however I like the utility of Your soft and would love to fully profit from it's features

The readme.pdf in the link above describes how to find out what firmware version you're using.

https://www.bitmaintech.com/files/download/readme.pdf

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Ziploc

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:22:39 AM

M

It's not what I meant..
I know how to upgrade...

The readme.pdf in the link above describes how to find out what firmware version you're using.

https://www.bitmaintech.com/files/download/readme.pdf

M

me bad..

I didn't read that file...thx for your patience Wink
Just updated and now no more error

thx
smilingloki

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:04:08 AM

Hi there M - I am using 3.12.0-1 for my CG Miner,

is there anything preventing me from using the program?

just 3.3 still erroring, i read that someone was having success with 3.1 is there a downloading area to get the older version or will u be making a newer one soon ?

regards

hawk
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:08:04 AM

just 3.3 still erroring, i read that someone was having success with 3.1 is there a downloading area to get the older version or will u be making a newer one soon ?

regards

hawk

I don't think the cgminer version matters so much, it's the firmware version.  I've tested it with the last 2 versions of the firmware, haven't tested the latest yet, or the earliest.  I also upgraded cgminer to 3.6.0 and my code continues to work.

What version are you using?

I'll be getting a "S3+" soon (from batch 9).  I'm knee deep in my UI changes, the next version will likely contain the UI changes and support "S3+".

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
smilingloki

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:27:10 AM

regards

hawk

I don't think the cgminer version matters so much, it's the firmware version.  I've tested it with the last 2 versions of the firmware, haven't tested the latest yet, or the earliest.  I also upgraded cgminer to 3.6.0 and my code continues to work.

What version are you using?

I'll be getting a "S3+" soon (from batch 9).  I'm knee deep in my UI changes, the next version will likely contain the UI changes and support "S3+".

M

I've been using this version,  antMiner_S320140721.bin - I've been doing analysis on the other 2 since this one, they are harder to operate and i like the ability to adjust the clock setting,
I've run different versions on all 16 of my miners - 4 on each release, i find overall, that that version of firmware, is the most stable, i'm getting stable mining at 7.5TH for 16 miners, or 469.82Gig average.

I like that, can live with it. Smiley 

Love your work too btw. cant wait for the next release.

Hawk Grin Grin

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:45:27 AM

I've been using this version,  antMiner_S320140721.bin - I've been doing analysis on the other 2 since this one, they are harder to operate and i like the ability to adjust the clock setting,
I've run different versions on all 16 of my miners - 4 on each release, i find overall, that that version of firmware, is the most stable, i'm getting stable mining at 7.5TH for 16 miners, or 469.82Gig average.

Hawk Grin Grin

Try the latest beta.  I believe I added support for that version here.

Download link: MAntMonitor34b1.zip

M

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:56:59 AM

me bad..

I didn't read that file...thx for your patience Wink
Just updated and now no more error

thx

Smiley Great!

M

smilingloki

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:22:05 AM

Hawk Grin Grin

M

Hey there,

No Joy - Sad error come back -

"20/09/2014 11:19:56 p.m.: M's Ant Monitor v3.4b1 starting
20/09/2014 11:20:32 p.m.: Initiated Ant refresh
20/09/2014 11:20:33 p.m.: ERROR when querying S3:1.101:80 (step 1): After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: {. Path 'STATS[0]', line 1, position 180."
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:02:36 PM

Hawk Grin Grin

M

Hey there,

No Joy - Sad error come back -

"20/09/2014 11:19:56 p.m.: M's Ant Monitor v3.4b1 starting
20/09/2014 11:20:32 p.m.: Initiated Ant refresh
20/09/2014 11:20:33 p.m.: ERROR when querying S3:1.101:80 (step 1): After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: {. Path 'STATS[0]', line 1, position 180."

I'm perplexed.  I know I flashed my Ant with that version, made a one line change, and all works.  What could be different between ours?

M

smilingloki

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:58:55 PM

Remember i upgraded my cgminer as well to this version which makes the rigs much faster in response times -

Here's what I've used and it started hashing as usual.
1. SSH into the S3 and login
2. Issue the following commands sequentially.
  a) cd /usr/bin
  b) mv cgminer cgminer.bak
  c) wget http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/antminer/s3/4.6.0-140908/cgminer
  d) chmod +x cgminer
  e) reboot
Confirm. Both my S3s Batch 7 were upgraded well this way.

CPU load now is about 90% instead of 99-100% with old cgminer. WebGUI is a bit quicker. Niiice!  Grin

p.s. I suspect that it will not work for S2?..

It is valuable to note, also in doing this - my rigs have really settled down and require far less intervention.  All 16 now running this version - my S3's are batch 2 and batch 3

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:04:44 AM

Remember i upgraded my cgminer as well to this version which makes the rigs much faster in response times -

a) cd /usr/bin
  d) chmod +x cgminer
  e) reboot

CPU load now is about 90% instead of 99-100% with old cgminer. WebGUI is a bit quicker. Niiice!  Grin

It is valuable to note, also in doing this - my rigs have really settled down and require far less intervention.  All 16 now running this version - my S3's are batch 2 and batch 3

That might be the missing combination.  I don't think I put cgminer 4.6.0 on that firmware yet.

M

smilingloki

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:16:48 AM

Im now running 5 of 16 on 250 - and intensively monitoring that 5 - it appears with the new cgminer (4.6) that my rigs that were at best problematic and always needing restarting at 225 and 231 are easily handling 250 and 243 now.
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 12:23:17 AM

a) cd /usr/bin
  d) chmod +x cgminer
  e) reboot

CPU load now is about 90% instead of 99-100% with old cgminer. WebGUI is a bit quicker. Niiice!  Grin

It is valuable to note, also in doing this - my rigs have really settled down and require far less intervention.  All 16 now running this version - my S3's are batch 2 and batch 3

This.

I've been moaning on to Bitmain about this for ever. They insist on using an outdated version of cgminer in all their firmware releases, even the new S3+ - why? It's almost as if they want to keep this version for some (well known) reason......

I know people are probably sick and tired of me harping on about it, but why the hell don't Bitmain just include the latest cgminer version in their firmware?

Life would be so much easier..... Wink

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
Ziploc

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:49:21 PM

a) cd /usr/bin
  d) chmod +x cgminer
  e) reboot

CPU load now is about 90% instead of 99-100% with old cgminer. WebGUI is a bit quicker. Niiice!  Grin

It is valuable to note, also in doing this - my rigs have really settled down and require far less intervention.  All 16 now running this version - my S3's are batch 2 and batch 3

This.

I've been moaning on to Bitmain about this for ever. They insist on using an outdated version of cgminer in all their firmware releases, even the new S3+ - why? It's almost as if they want to keep this version for some (well known) reason......

I know people are probably sick and tired of me harping on about it, but why the hell don't Bitmain just include the latest cgminer version in their firmware?

Life would be so much easier..... Wink

Tried to update my S3s cgminer.. everything seemed ok when executing commands..

however after reboot in my system/software tab I still have the old cgminer version.....any clues ?
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:05:34 PM

however after reboot in my system/software tab I still have the old cgminer version.....any clues ?

The value listed there is wrong.  Back in the command prompt, run /usr/bin/cgminer-api.  Scroll to the top, the version is there.

M

Ziploc

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:11:05 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 01:26:34 PM by Ziploc

The value listed there is wrong.  Back in the command prompt, run /usr/bin/cgminer-api.  Scroll to the top, the version is there.

M

wow You never sleep Wink

It worked THX

Now I have 2 other questions;

1- My Ant Monitor V3.3 gives me this error since the cgminer update:
Code:
ERROR when querying S1:1.193:80 (step 1): After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: {. Path 'STATS[0]', line 1, position 180

tried the beta version..no fix...

2- Did anyone updated the cgminer in their S1 s ? same procedure ? or not
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:49:23 PM

wow You never sleep Wink

Smiley Actually I do .. probably not enough though.

It worked THX

Code:
ERROR when querying S1:1.193:80 (step 1): After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: {. Path 'STATS[0]', line 1, position 180

There's apparently a cgminer/firmware combination out there I haven't encountered yet.  Once I get my next round of UI changes stable, I'll try a few more combinations of firmware/cgminer.  I have two S3s now, so it's a little easier, and I have some S3+ units on the way.

I doubt it's the same process.  I recommend using Kano's S1 patch.  It's not the latest version of cgminer, but it's probably newer than what Bitmain has made available.

https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS1

M

Ziploc

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:53:05 PM

wow You never sleep Wink

Smiley Actually I do .. probably not enough though.

It worked THX

Code:

There's apparently a cgminer/firmware combination out there I haven't encountered yet.  Once I get my next round of UI changes stable, I'll try a few more combinations of firmware/cgminer.  I have two S3s now, so it's a little easier, and I have some S3+ units on the way.

I doubt it's the same process.  I recommend using Kano's S1 patch.  It's not the latest version of cgminer, but it's probably newer than what Bitmain has made available.

https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS1

M

Ok will try that Thx again
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:57:49 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 09:52:42 AM by mdude77

Here's another beta of v3.4.  This one has the significant Ant config UI changes I was talking about.  It is not fully tested, so there is probably something that doesn't work properly.

Each Ant now has it's own configuration for:
- Name (defaults to type: last two quads of your IP, eg, S3:0.92)
- IP Address
- SSH username, password, and port
- Web (http) username, password, and port
- Whether or not to use API or Web scraping (you should be able to mix and match - currently untested)
- API port
- Whether to reboot via SSH or via web
- Active or not

I intend to add more right click options to the output display and completely test it, but I'm out of time for the weekend.

This is a beta version, so don't be surprised if something doesn't quite work right.

I'd appreciate it if you let me know what you find plus any other feedback.

MoreBloodWine: I think this might finally work for your unique configuration, and actually save it. Smiley

Download link: MAntMonitor34b3.zip

Note: When you initially run it, it'll convert your existing Ants into the new format.  The old format remains untouched, so you should be able to revert to an older version if necessary.  The new config is stored in HKCU\Software\MAntMonitor\AntsV2.  Each entry gets a unique ID number, starting at zero.  The ID is listed on the configuration screen, so you can locate it that way, or use the registry search to find it.

M

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: